The Village Cork
1300 So. Pearl St.
Denver, CO 80210Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Village Cork
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thevillagecork.com/
- Phone: 3032828399
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Samir Mohammad
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Village Cork is a rustic yet comfortable wine bistro serving boutique wines and local and organic foods. Since opening in 2001 our focus has been to provide an "open arms" atmosphere. "Eat, drink, and be merry" is our way of life here at The Village Cork.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Lapp 3032828399
A word from The Village Cork
The Village Cork is a rustic yet comfortable wine bistro serving boutique wines and local and organic foods. Since opening in 2001 our focus has been to provide an "open arms" atmosphere. "Eat, drink, and be merry" is our way of life here at The Village Cork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Village Cork reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- Food was very well prepared.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2011Food was very well prepared. Only drawback is room was so noisy it was very difficult for our table of two to hear one another. We would like to go back when it is not so busy and try sitting at the bar to watch the cooking.Special Features:
- Omnivores DelightVelomonkeyVIPDined on 3/9/2011Love the vegetarian options. Not your standard veggie fare here, the Cork mixes vibrant flavors using what is fresh and in season. My wife loved the steak, on par with much more expensive white plate stake houses that charge 2x a much.Special Features:
- Already looking forward toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2011Already looking forward to going back--was an excellent experience in every respect, and I have recommended to everyone I've encountered the past couple days.Special Features:
- Went on the restaurant weekfoodfan1Dined on 3/5/2011Went on the restaurant week special menu. The food was delicious, but must admit that the regular menu items will guarantee a return visit. Great service, charming atmosphere. Enjoyed meeting the chef and the view of the central kitchen.Special Features:
- We had a great table in theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/4/2011We had a great table in the back for five, so it was a quieter table, and we were all able to converse. The music was very nice and relaxing. The server was the best! He offered great wine selections, as well as food suggestions. One of our best dining experiences!! Parking can be a problem, but we arrived early so lucked out.
- Service was bad - small restaurantFencingDuoDined on 3/2/2011Service was bad - small restaurant but it took forever to get a drink, food was marginal and the waiter never brought the dessert, so we asked for the check and left.
- The small menu is always superMortDined on 3/2/2011The small menu is always super fresh and served with great style. the Cork is where we go when we want fantastic food and an uplifting experience. The staff is friendly but mindful if you want privacy. Excellent neighborhood gem!!!!Special Features:
- Fabulous!! Eight of us wentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2011Fabulous!! Eight of us went there for dinner...eight of us give it 5 stars!Special Features:
- Great food, good local spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2011a nice, quaint, quiet place with a friendly staff and great flavors. all the food is locally grown and collected, and the chefs do a fantastic job of arranging dishes that tease and please the taste buds! Very good wine list as well.Special Features:
- Food sub-par or at best, nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/28/2011Food sub-par or at best, nothing special. Would like to see more affordable wine choices.
- Let down for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/26/2011Went for restaurant week and were disappointed in the portion sizes - understand it is a discounted rate, but we left hungry.
- Perfect Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2011This was a perfect spot to reconnect. The atmosphere was intimate and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Phenomenal... absolutely!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/26/2011Phenomenal... absolutely!! This was one of the best meals I have had in Denver in the last year! The restaurant itself, was cozy and quaint, but the menu was off the hook! The jicama salad was light and refreshing! With the perfect essence of orange. Good wine list too! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Due to the great selectionfoodisluvDined on 2/26/2011Due to the great selection of outstanding restaurants in the Denver Metro area, oftentimes we don't return to a restaurant that isn't way up there on our list. We love the Village Cork for appetizers and wine and have been back there several times; however, we found the 5280 dinner menu very limited. It seemed more limited than at other restaurants featuring the 5280 menu. What we had was good - not memorable, but good. That being said, I would still go back again for appetizers and wine and perhaps try the regular dinner menu.Special Features:
- We've been by the Cork forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2011We've been by the Cork for quite some time and noticed it on your "new restaurant" list. It's terrific. Medium priced and an excellent place to go for a couple or small group where everyone can speak and be heard.Special Features:
- Our Valentine's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Our Valentine's Day dinner could not have been better. We had wanted to eat at the Village Cork for some time, as we live nearby, and we will be sure to go back. The place smells amazing, has interesting details everywhere you look, and had PERFECT music playing all night. Thanks for making me look like the best boyfriend in the world!Special Features:
- Would definitely return.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2011Would definitely return. Food was flavorful and unique. Our server was especially helpful at picking wines that went with each of our 4 courses. Good neighborhood wine bar!Special Features:
- A bit of a dissapointment. . .OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011The menu was lacking. I wasn't impressed with the variety, the menu did not match what was presented online, and they were out of many items. I was there on a Saturday at 7pm, so there really isn't an excuse for that. The quality of what they did have, though, was very good. Service was also excellent, though one of the servers was quite condescending about the wine. If I need your opinion or don't know what I'm ordering, I will ask. I will not be back for dinner, though will be back for wine and a snack.Special Features:
- Our service was quite poor,orange33Dined on 1/28/2011Our service was quite poor, our waitress was annoyed if we asked a few questions, and barely answered the ones we asked about food and wine suggestions. Two out of the four of us thought the food was good the other two had meals that were very disappointing. The menu had very few choices and we know that two of the six offerings for an entree were not good. The mismatched dishes and cute location were not enough to carry this wine/bistro.
- What a great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2011I love this restaurant. Although the menu is limited, every dish that I have ever had was such a culinary delight. The chef puts his heart into every dish and it shows. The wait staff is so knowledge about the wines.Special Features:
- The food was overpriced forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/20/2011The food was overpriced for what we got. I ordered the vegetarian trio and there was a half a loaf of French bread on the plate which gave the appearance of just trying to "fill the plate up" so we didn't notice how little food I actually received. We also ordered the roasted chicken which was recommended but actually had very little flavor. It was also $10.00 for one coffee and one hot tea at the end of the meal which seemed very overpriced as well. We chose to dine at Village Cork off of the 5280 article and left extremely disappointed!
- The Village Cork is an amazingF000dLuvrVIPDined on 1/8/2011The Village Cork is an amazing local wine bar with a full food menu. Samir,the head chef, has the most amazing and delicious creations that are updated seasonally as well as some monthly changes. Every dish served reflects his commitment to providing fabulously fresh (mostly local sources) and unique selections that will leave you talking about them and desiring more for days to come! The service is always outstanding, friendly and welcoming. The wine list is fabulous and all of the staff provides excellent recommendations and are very knowledgeable about their selection. This gem remains my go-to place whether it be a night out, a special occasion or to impress family and friends.Special Features:
- Wonderful and varied menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/8/2011Wonderful and varied menu with reasonable prices. Changing the menu monthly will make me keep coming back.Special Features:
- Awesome food and setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2010Awesome food and setting. The staff is VERY knowledgeable about the wine and picked the perfect wine for our meal. The food was absolutely awesome. This is a hidden gem! Dinner for two with a bottle of wine and desert was $120 including tip....very reasonable. Definitely returning here for another night out.Special Features:
- First time there. Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2010First time there. Wait staff was attentive but not annoying. Nobody tried to rush us. Resonably priced. Small menu but the food was very good. Great neighborhood type place.Special Features:
- Nice place but the serviceLisaBDined on 12/20/2010Nice place but the service was hit and miss---as was the food. A friend in our party ordered pork and they brought her chicken and said the chef and waitperson "decided" she should have the chicken instead! Very bizarre. Although the chicken was good, who are they to change her order? They were out of the wine we wanted but had an excellent substitution. Dessert was mediocre. Could be a great place if they fixed a few things.Special Features:
- The ambiance at The VillageFriendsdinnerDined on 12/14/2010The ambiance at The Village Cork was very comfortable. The food was better than average and we liked that the menu focuses on local ingredients. We had a reservation for a party of 9 and the service was not good. We waited a long time to be greeted - we are a bunch of girls celebrating the holidays and were ready for wine on a Tues. night. There just seemed to be a long pause between each phase of the night. Very disappointing considering they were just rated one of Denver's best new restaurants in 5280.Special Features:
- WOW!!! This was a great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/11/2010WOW!!! This was a great dining experience. Service was fast and polite, food was wonderful and the energy in the Cork was high!! Great neighborhood too.Special Features: