Oak at fourteenth
1400 Pearl St
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oak at fourteenth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakatfourteenth.com/
- Phone: 3034443622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Mid-Day: Monday - Saturday: 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Late Night: Thursday - Saturday 10:00PM - 12:30AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Redzikowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Oak at Fourteenth does one-of-a-kind catering functions based on customer requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Phoebe to reserve your space in our private dining area, the Acorn Room.
- Private Party Contact: Phoebe Trotta 3034443622x
- Special Events: Oak welcomes your celebrations, events, and business gatherings. We offer our Acorn Room with seating for up to 40 guests, or exclusive use of the restaurant for up to 90 guests.
For inquiries or event bookings, contact our private event coordinator, Phoebe Trotta, at 303-444-3622.
A word from Oak at fourteenth
Oak at Fourteenth is a neighborhood restaurant that features local and seasonal new American Cuisine in a friendly and professional atmosphere. Open daily for lunch, dinner and late night. Chef/Owner Steven Redzikowski’s simple yet inspired menus are focused around wood fire cookery. Oak offers a creative hand- crafted cocktail menu, artisan wine and beer list that help create a fun and energetic experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Oak at fourteenth - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Oak at fourteenth reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (115)special occasion (76)hot spot (63)notable wine list (46)neighborhood gem (44)vibrant bar scene (31)romantic (30)great for lunch (27)great for outdoor dining (24)good for groups (24)late-night find (11)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great RestaurantSteveVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food and service were great, even down to the timing of the food arrival to rhe table. Atmosphere lively and exciting.Special Features:
- Great foodamfarbsDined on 5/30/2014We were looking for something nice on the later side of the evening, since our flight in was delayed. We found Oak at fourteenth and their excellent food! We ended up getting 3 appetizers, which were quite well sized and were stuffed. Quite delicious! They also have a creative and tasty selection of cocktails which we enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great food/way too noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2014Food is really fresh,creative and delicious , but the noise in the restaurant makes it difficult to speak or hear..Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Oak is my go to for special occasions and my experience always meets my expectations.Special Features:
- Fun place on the Pearl St. MallPearlStreetMallDiningDined on 5/25/2014The food is very good, love the shrimp and grits of all things. Fun sitting looking out on the mall. Bar is exceptional. Noisy but worth it,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulously deliscious!JacquelineDined on 5/24/2014Frist time ~Oak smoke aroma lured us up Fourteenth to the front door where we were greeted by an extremely professional, refined, well-tuned staff. Enjoyed the bar while waiting for friends, impressive tempting extensive drink menu including house-made sodas. Shaved kale and apple salad was the best I've ever had while dining out. Shared the massive Wood Grilled Bone-In Ribeye for two which was perfectly presented on a carving board with all accompaniments. Cooked to perfected and decadent! Service was great, wait staff seemed to genuinely enjoy their positions while proprietor Bryan Dayton mingled amongst the crowd shining like the star he is! I do believe Oak on Fourteenth has made our most-favorite-list. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Healthy/Delicious w/Seasonal TwistsKayFamDined on 5/23/2014Great meal! Juicy Boulder chicken, farmed pork and halibut. Loved the eggplant appetizer and the Kale Salad is a classic always on the menu. Enjoy the Boulder scene- beware of evening showers on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb chefJulianaDined on 5/18/2014MY daughter and I enjoyed a great Sunday supper. Especially taken with the shrimp and grits.Special Features:
- A wonder for your palateolderboulderiteDined on 5/17/2014Oak has been a long time favorite, but we hadn't been for quite some time and chose Oak to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were absolutely wowed by the food. The appetizer was to die for and each of us had a main that was perfectly prepared and a wonderful combination of tastes. The restaurant even surprised us with a complimentary dessert for my husband for his birthday. Highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion. Is a bit pricey for everyday.Special Features:
- Our Boulder Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2014Oak is consistently great! The food is inventive and delicious. Wait staff friendly and extremely competent. Very buzzy fun ambience. Simply the best in Boulder!Special Features:
- Great suggestionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014We each had a Manhattan, which was decent, but we probably should have gone with wine because that seems to be the specialty. The kale salad, and the pate were excellent. We also tried the shrimp and grits and the eggplant as the server suggested, which were very good and plenty filling. Really good sized portions, and we left quite satisfied! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Derby Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2014Great new menu additions, Spring Pea Soup and Ravioli ,Special Features:
- LinzDined on 5/3/2014Amazing food and service. Love this place for a nice romantic dinner. Wine choices are excellent as well. Try the shrimp and grits, ribeye and fried pickles. All wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchsavagefoodieDined on 5/1/2014Took my wife to lunch on her birthday. Great place for a special lunch or business meeting. Nice diverse lunch menu from burgers to full entrees.Special Features:
- NaderDined on 4/29/2014THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD. THE NOISE LEVEL IS VERY LOUD, COULD NOT HAVE A CONVERSATION ACROSS THE TABLE. THE BAR WAS HOPPING THOUGH, GREAT DRINKS!Special Features:
- Exceptional FoodBobCVIPDined on 4/29/2014Heard the food was good but found exceptional. Shared 3 small plates and one shared plate and all were extremely good. Service was also very good. Only negative was noise level.Special Features:
- Crave the Kale SaladPattyjoVIPDined on 4/26/2014Not sure what they do but the Kale Salad is awesome. Glad we gave Oak a 2nd try because the first was a pre-set Valentine's dinner and we were disappointed. Decided after hearing so many friends rave to try again. Glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchviandieVIPDined on 4/24/2014sandwichs were wonderful with different wines from the ordinarySpecial Features:
- "Energetic" is an UnderstatementJeremyBenthamVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food: Spectacular! Service: Truly Excellent. Ambience: Hipster Bar. Noise Level: Have you seen 'Spinal Tap'? Where the volume control goes to '11'? If this otherwise charming venue was any louder, you might need some OSHA hearing protection. If you suffer from 'Cocktail Party Syndrome', you're in trouble. That said, this was a WOW on food and service… If you catch it on a quiet night, you'll enjoy your meal immensely.Special Features:
- Better than expected.RegarDined on 4/18/2014I honestly thought Oak would be no different than the other similar places in boulder but I was pleasantly surprised with the creativity, variety, and freshness in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner.sommwinesDined on 4/18/2014Shared the ribeye and a bottle of Rosso di Montalcino. Food was great. Waitress and staff were also impressive - she flawlessly dealt with our table of gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, sugar-free diners. #eatrealfoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodsimcohVIPDined on 4/12/2014We were a party of five. We ordered six small plates that started coming out immediately. They were all beautifully displayed and all were good, the asparagus salad was a favorite and the crab. The martinis were unexceptional.. Next time we'd skip the entrees. We ordered too much.Special Features:
- Every time I go there. I alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Every time I go there. I always have a problem to get the table. I was there on Saturday morning to find out which table. The lady said it was fine and I add 1 more person to join with me. Then at evening we arrived. Someone grabbed the table which I explained to the lady in the morning and said it was fine. But they changed for me. Also, previous time we always had hard time with tables but food is excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ongoodquestionVIPDined on 4/11/2014I love this restaurant. There are fantastic never-miss items on the menu (meatballs, kale salad, fried pickles) and always something new and seasonal to try. The cocktails are amazing (best manhattan in town) and the service is spot-on. I love that I can have a casual weeknight dinner at the bar and also feel like it's the right place to celebrate something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfy your paletteArtsyDined on 4/11/2014Great food, setting and service. Our service was wonderful and knowledgable about their menu. We had a table if 4, that was perfect size. Wouldn't take a group lager than 6 here, not a large dining room. Cozy urban modern take on cuisine. Loved it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food, just too noisyvivaluigiDined on 4/9/2014The food was divine and service was flawless. Our only complaint was the noise level: my husband and I sat right next to each other so we could talk and hear each other but the noise level from the tables around us was so shocking. Seems big groups like this place and they shout or yell across the tables and the walls just amplify the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy even with few peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2014Noisy even with few people in it. Poorly laid out. Hard to get a drink because bartender making complicated cocktails slowly. Food is good but experience of being there poorSpecial Features:
- Wow...BobtxVIPDined on 4/8/2014Friendly, efficient service at lunch - great food! I had soup/sandwich (parsnip puree and wonderful grilled cheese) and my wife had chicken and dumplings - also wonderful. Finished up with the root beer float. If dinner here is equally outstanding then this place could rival you-know-who (as good as it gets)! Our highest recommendation!Special Features:
- Birthday TreatSuperiorMama05Dined on 3/28/2014We have been before with a group and decided to come as a couple for my husband's birthday. The staff was very accommodating to my dietary restrictions and the server was attentive throughout the night. My husband's birthday dessert was amazingly creative. Very pleased with the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFineMeatsDined on 3/20/2014Culinary excellence and presentation, about 16% overpriced (might be due to location), eclectic patrons, a bit too loud. Outstanding service. Only one beer on tap, however more of a wine kind of place and yet an exhaustive selection of bottled beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValeatsandeatsvaleatsDined on 3/20/2014Went on a weeknight with my son the NJ Chef and his son the 13 year old gourmand. The chef ordered from your small plates: feta panna cotta was smooth and delicious; the cabbage salad was super; Hamachi kama fish collar was deliciously crunchy on the outside but tender and lovely inside - and with great sauce; the pork belly was perfect; the marrow bones, something new for the 13 year old gourmand and was wolfed down with delight; shrimp on polenta was beautifully spicy; fried pickles were fun. The Double Jack beer suggestion was a fine one. The mango basil drink and homemade root beer. Swell Root beer float and banana cream pie. As General Macarthur once said, "I Shall Return".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my daughter, son-in-lawClaireDined on 3/20/2014Took my daughter, son-in-law (who is a sommelier at a hot Denver restaurant) and their 11 mo old baby to lunch at Oak. Nervous to take a baby, and nervous to take a food snob--for no reason. We had a most delightful, delicious lunch. You gave us a very good "show", from top-notch service to gorgeous, sumptuous plates. I always go back, but now the two young ones are hooked as well. Oh, baby might be addicted to the burrata and creamy grits that come with the meatballs. We couldn't shovel them in her little mouth fast enough.Special Features:
- Very disappointednotthathard2pleaseDined on 3/19/2014It is unfortunate to report that between the inattentive waiter and extremely loud environment I will probably not return until they have outdoor seating and the noise level will not be an issue. The waiter didn't arrive at our table to greet us for almost 15 minutes although someone else came by twice to tell us our waiter would be with us soon. Then the service was so slow that we were forced to miss the play that we had tickets for. The noise level was such that my husband and I found ourselves yelling across the table just to be heard. It was a relief to finally step outside. The food was good - although pricey- so I'm not quite ready to write the Oak off completely - just don't choose a night where you have other commitments.Special Features:
- Getting the unexpected23rdStudiosVIPDined on 3/19/2014It's nice to go out order something and it comes to the table but what arrives is presented in a way that you would've never thought of. That is how Oak is! Something special for a larger group is the Pork Shoulder, pretty awesome I must say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Esoteric Changing MenuBeachloversVIPDined on 3/18/2014Although most items on the menu were not familiar, there was quite a selection. I chose the chicken which was quite good and a generous portion. My daughter chose the scallops and they were good but very sparce. They were also on the smaller side, so that was a dinner that would leave most people still wanting more. Good that I could share the chicken with her. The salad I chose, with grapefruit and beets was quite good. Don't look for the usual garden or ceaser as they are not there. The restaurant was filled to the brim and is obviously a local's favorite. Be in a mood to experiment and all will be well. The service was just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal, noisy environmentBeckyDined on 3/17/2014We were entertaining a potential client who was reputed to be a "foodie". All items ordered were delicious (prompting us to share bites), but the noise level was very disruptive to our conversation. Our server was very good, very knowledgeable about the evening menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific meal. AssistanceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/14/2014Terrific meal. Assistance in choosing a wine was particularly welcome and successful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but NOISYMeganVIPDined on 3/13/2014I've been to Oak a number of times and the food and service are always great. The meatball appetizer is SO GOOD!! The chicken (terrific), the sweet potato ravioli (delicious), and the pork tenderloin (the bacon wrap is a bit too smokey for my taste, but still good with great sides). The budino is fabulous. The place is always noisy. They really could use a little sound absorption. But on our last visit, there was a table of 10 that were so obnoxiously loud -- high piercing loud -- that they truly ruined the night for everyone they were around (in the smaller room). It was so bad that another diner actually yelled SHUT UP!!! -- but they didn't even hear. Management, who knew, really should have asked them to dial it down. It was that bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab food, but filled with smokejustmeDined on 3/13/2014the title says it all. we walked in the door and said 'oh!'. before the hostess arrived we had already decided to leave if we could not be seated in the 'back' room (away from the main dining area). fortunately, we had a reservation and were seated in the room we wanted. the food was wonderful, although the ramen dish was less-than-expected. the meatball small plate was a home-run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got smoked outLisaHVIPDined on 3/8/2014lovely meal and great night out but the vent/chimney seemed to not be working and we definitely were feeling smoked out. Hair and clothes reeked and not in the "good" campfire way. Also, the drinks seemed to have gotten smaller over the years, that was a bummer! LisaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.