Oak at fourteenth
1400 Pearl St
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oak at fourteenth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakatfourteenth.com/
- Phone: 3034443622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Mid-Day: Monday - Saturday: 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Late Night: Thursday - Saturday 10:00PM - 12:30AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Redzikowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Oak at Fourteenth does one-of-a-kind catering functions based on customer requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Phoebe to reserve your space in our private dining area, the Acorn Room.
- Private Party Contact: Phoebe Trotta 3034443622x
- Special Events: Oak welcomes your celebrations, events, and business gatherings. We offer our Acorn Room with seating for up to 40 guests, or exclusive use of the restaurant for up to 90 guests.
For inquiries or event bookings, contact our private event coordinator, Phoebe Trotta, at 303-444-3622.
A word from Oak at fourteenth
Oak at Fourteenth is a neighborhood restaurant that features local and seasonal new American Cuisine in a friendly and professional atmosphere. Open daily for lunch, dinner and late night. Chef/Owner Steven Redzikowski’s simple yet inspired menus are focused around wood fire cookery. Oak offers a creative hand- crafted cocktail menu, artisan wine and beer list that help create a fun and energetic experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Oak at fourteenth - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Oak at fourteenth reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (118)special occasion (70)hot spot (57)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (44)romantic (33)vibrant bar scene (30)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (27)good for groups (16)late-night find (12)great for brunch (8)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- lunchviandieVIPDined on 4/24/2014sandwichs were wonderful with different wines from the ordinarySpecial Features:
- "Energetic" is an UnderstatementJeremyBenthamVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food: Spectacular! Service: Truly Excellent. Ambience: Hipster Bar. Noise Level: Have you seen 'Spinal Tap'? Where the volume control goes to '11'? If this otherwise charming venue was any louder, you might need some OSHA hearing protection. If you suffer from 'Cocktail Party Syndrome', you're in trouble. That said, this was a WOW on food and service… If you catch it on a quiet night, you'll enjoy your meal immensely.Special Features:
- Better than expected.RegarDined on 4/18/2014I honestly thought Oak would be no different than the other similar places in boulder but I was pleasantly surprised with the creativity, variety, and freshness in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner.sommwinesDined on 4/18/2014Shared the ribeye and a bottle of Rosso di Montalcino. Food was great. Waitress and staff were also impressive - she flawlessly dealt with our table of gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, sugar-free diners. #eatrealfoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodsimcohVIPDined on 4/12/2014We were a party of five. We ordered six small plates that started coming out immediately. They were all beautifully displayed and all were good, the asparagus salad was a favorite and the crab. The martinis were unexceptional.. Next time we'd skip the entrees. We ordered too much.Special Features:
- Every time I go there. I alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Every time I go there. I always have a problem to get the table. I was there on Saturday morning to find out which table. The lady said it was fine and I add 1 more person to join with me. Then at evening we arrived. Someone grabbed the table which I explained to the lady in the morning and said it was fine. But they changed for me. Also, previous time we always had hard time with tables but food is excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ongoodquestionVIPDined on 4/11/2014I love this restaurant. There are fantastic never-miss items on the menu (meatballs, kale salad, fried pickles) and always something new and seasonal to try. The cocktails are amazing (best manhattan in town) and the service is spot-on. I love that I can have a casual weeknight dinner at the bar and also feel like it's the right place to celebrate something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfy your paletteArtsyDined on 4/11/2014Great food, setting and service. Our service was wonderful and knowledgable about their menu. We had a table if 4, that was perfect size. Wouldn't take a group lager than 6 here, not a large dining room. Cozy urban modern take on cuisine. Loved it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food, just too noisyvivaluigiDined on 4/9/2014The food was divine and service was flawless. Our only complaint was the noise level: my husband and I sat right next to each other so we could talk and hear each other but the noise level from the tables around us was so shocking. Seems big groups like this place and they shout or yell across the tables and the walls just amplify the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy even with few peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2014Noisy even with few people in it. Poorly laid out. Hard to get a drink because bartender making complicated cocktails slowly. Food is good but experience of being there poorSpecial Features:
- Wow...BobtxVIPDined on 4/8/2014Friendly, efficient service at lunch - great food! I had soup/sandwich (parsnip puree and wonderful grilled cheese) and my wife had chicken and dumplings - also wonderful. Finished up with the root beer float. If dinner here is equally outstanding then this place could rival you-know-who (as good as it gets)! Our highest recommendation!Special Features:
- Birthday TreatSuperiorMama05Dined on 3/28/2014We have been before with a group and decided to come as a couple for my husband's birthday. The staff was very accommodating to my dietary restrictions and the server was attentive throughout the night. My husband's birthday dessert was amazingly creative. Very pleased with the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFineMeatsDined on 3/20/2014Culinary excellence and presentation, about 16% overpriced (might be due to location), eclectic patrons, a bit too loud. Outstanding service. Only one beer on tap, however more of a wine kind of place and yet an exhaustive selection of bottled beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValeatsandeatsvaleatsDined on 3/20/2014Went on a weeknight with my son the NJ Chef and his son the 13 year old gourmand. The chef ordered from your small plates: feta panna cotta was smooth and delicious; the cabbage salad was super; Hamachi kama fish collar was deliciously crunchy on the outside but tender and lovely inside - and with great sauce; the pork belly was perfect; the marrow bones, something new for the 13 year old gourmand and was wolfed down with delight; shrimp on polenta was beautifully spicy; fried pickles were fun. The Double Jack beer suggestion was a fine one. The mango basil drink and homemade root beer. Swell Root beer float and banana cream pie. As General Macarthur once said, "I Shall Return".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my daughter, son-in-lawClaireDined on 3/20/2014Took my daughter, son-in-law (who is a sommelier at a hot Denver restaurant) and their 11 mo old baby to lunch at Oak. Nervous to take a baby, and nervous to take a food snob--for no reason. We had a most delightful, delicious lunch. You gave us a very good "show", from top-notch service to gorgeous, sumptuous plates. I always go back, but now the two young ones are hooked as well. Oh, baby might be addicted to the burrata and creamy grits that come with the meatballs. We couldn't shovel them in her little mouth fast enough.Special Features:
- Very disappointednotthathard2pleaseDined on 3/19/2014It is unfortunate to report that between the inattentive waiter and extremely loud environment I will probably not return until they have outdoor seating and the noise level will not be an issue. The waiter didn't arrive at our table to greet us for almost 15 minutes although someone else came by twice to tell us our waiter would be with us soon. Then the service was so slow that we were forced to miss the play that we had tickets for. The noise level was such that my husband and I found ourselves yelling across the table just to be heard. It was a relief to finally step outside. The food was good - although pricey- so I'm not quite ready to write the Oak off completely - just don't choose a night where you have other commitments.Special Features:
- Getting the unexpected23rdStudiosVIPDined on 3/19/2014It's nice to go out order something and it comes to the table but what arrives is presented in a way that you would've never thought of. That is how Oak is! Something special for a larger group is the Pork Shoulder, pretty awesome I must say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Esoteric Changing MenuBeachloversVIPDined on 3/18/2014Although most items on the menu were not familiar, there was quite a selection. I chose the chicken which was quite good and a generous portion. My daughter chose the scallops and they were good but very sparce. They were also on the smaller side, so that was a dinner that would leave most people still wanting more. Good that I could share the chicken with her. The salad I chose, with grapefruit and beets was quite good. Don't look for the usual garden or ceaser as they are not there. The restaurant was filled to the brim and is obviously a local's favorite. Be in a mood to experiment and all will be well. The service was just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal, noisy environmentBeckyDined on 3/17/2014We were entertaining a potential client who was reputed to be a "foodie". All items ordered were delicious (prompting us to share bites), but the noise level was very disruptive to our conversation. Our server was very good, very knowledgeable about the evening menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific meal. AssistanceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/14/2014Terrific meal. Assistance in choosing a wine was particularly welcome and successful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but NOISYMeganVIPDined on 3/13/2014I've been to Oak a number of times and the food and service are always great. The meatball appetizer is SO GOOD!! The chicken (terrific), the sweet potato ravioli (delicious), and the pork tenderloin (the bacon wrap is a bit too smokey for my taste, but still good with great sides). The budino is fabulous. The place is always noisy. They really could use a little sound absorption. But on our last visit, there was a table of 10 that were so obnoxiously loud -- high piercing loud -- that they truly ruined the night for everyone they were around (in the smaller room). It was so bad that another diner actually yelled SHUT UP!!! -- but they didn't even hear. Management, who knew, really should have asked them to dial it down. It was that bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab food, but filled with smokejustmeDined on 3/13/2014the title says it all. we walked in the door and said 'oh!'. before the hostess arrived we had already decided to leave if we could not be seated in the 'back' room (away from the main dining area). fortunately, we had a reservation and were seated in the room we wanted. the food was wonderful, although the ramen dish was less-than-expected. the meatball small plate was a home-run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got smoked outLisaHVIPDined on 3/8/2014lovely meal and great night out but the vent/chimney seemed to not be working and we definitely were feeling smoked out. Hair and clothes reeked and not in the "good" campfire way. Also, the drinks seemed to have gotten smaller over the years, that was a bummer! LisaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, doors cracked open?EssexVIPDined on 3/7/2014Original and creative. We opted for small plates. The salads were outstanding, the rest was above average. It was a bit cold in the restaurant and on the way out we noted the doors were held open with wood about 6”. Probably some issue with the wood fired oven.Special Features:
- OutstandingToniaVIPDined on 3/4/2014First they graciously changed my reservation from a dinner res to a lunch res upon my walking in 4 hours early (from out of town). I followed my server's recommendations and had the kale salad, shrimp and grits and the bundino for dessert all with a perfect glass of Chenin Blanc. Absolutely delicious and perfectly prepared. I will definitely come back when I'm in Boulder!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, food was okayJen23VIPDined on 3/4/2014The service was the bright spot in our dining experience. The food was average this time. Chicken used in salad was fatty - more like the discard pile of chicken than the usable pieces. Otherwise good. Nice drink menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for lunch & dinnerKathiRDined on 3/2/2014First time for dinner at Oak . . . had lunch there before. The food was superb and I love having small plates in order to have a true experience of a chef's handiwork. Would definitely go again and would recommend to others. The only down side was that we had to strain to hear each other due to the noise level.Special Features:
- Great Meal and Great Experience!SFinizVIPDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I had a wonderful meal and a fantastic experience at Oak the other night. The service is impeccable and the food followed suit. We would definitely go back and would not hesitate to recommend this gem to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out at Oak on 14thrabbitnibblesDined on 3/1/2014The noise level was outrageously high to the point of spoiling our recent experience. Hard rock played at high volume does not make for a very pleasant fine dining experience which, with these prices, we considered it to be. The music succeeded in making us hurry through dinner so we could move on to a more relaxing bar afterward and enjoy company and conversation. The crowd that night was mostly people 35 or 40 and up. So we didn't quite understand the ambiance created. The menus were very difficult to read in the dim lighting (ie: needlessly small font with light colored letters on tan paper). The food selection was OK (wish there were more main dishes). The quality was good. Our server was efficient, friendly, and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencequaereDined on 3/1/2014We loved Acorn, so we decided to head to Boulder & see about Oak. It was another great experience. The food was fantastic. I had the shrimp & grits, which was excellent. They have an extensive wine & cocktail list. Service was attentive, but not over-bearing & we were not rushed at all. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyLucianaVIPDined on 2/28/2014I realize a vibrant atmosphere is what they are looking for, but they should really improve the acustics in there a bit. It is hard to hear anyone at your table at all!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- always late for reservationsToothtakerDined on 2/27/20143rd time here and our table wasn't ready again. 30 minutes....why even have reservations? Snotty people seat you and they don't care. The food isn't worth the wait or the noise.
- Fabulous eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/27/2014This was our first visit to Oak and it was a joy. Great food supported by exceptional service. We went with the shared plates and our server was incredibly helpful with advice on the choices and then on delivering the plates in just the right order. The food was delicious (especially the Hamachi, brussel sprouts, lamb, and liver pate with fig jam), but the service made the evening - attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliversScottVIPDined on 2/26/2014There are many restaurants where your experience is hit or miss. Sometimes the food isn't as good as usual, or the service lacks, or something else goes wrong. That is never the case with Oak. Having been there over a dozen times, I can state that the food is always amazing, the service impeccable and the ambiance fun and alive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up and downDrmickjrVIPDined on 2/21/2014Oak at Fourteenth offers delicious dishes, such as their salads and the shrimp with grits, frustratingly juxtaposed with dishes that would be embarrassing to serve at a fast food restaurant. On our visit the octopus was inedible, literally could not be cut with a knife, and the sausages resembled hockey pucks. Nevertheless, clueless reviewers continue to praise the food and the restaurant seems always to be busy. It is a shame that each dish does not attain the high level of the best dishes. I would recommend that diners do what most probably already do here, stick to chicken and pork chops and avoid the more adventursome offerings.
- YummyFergieDined on 2/21/2014We were there for the first time and really enjoyed it! We want to take our friends when they come to visit us. We will definitely be back to dine at The Oak,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceTomHDined on 2/16/2014This was our first time dining at Oak and came away with a great first impression. They offer a very thoughtful menu that changes daily and the wine pairings were spot on. We actually did not care for one of the first ones that we ordered and asked to return it, which they did without question or hesitation. We have been meaning to dine at this restaurant for some time and we are really glad that we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/15/2014The food was outstanding and reasonably priced. The wait staff were extremely efficient and personable. If you go, try the "New Style" scallop... its life changing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistently Great!ChristopherVIPDined on 2/15/2014We continue to return to this restaurant because it is always consistently great on all fronts! This time my wife tried the homemade Ramin with braised pork belly. It was to die for. I ordered the shaved lamb sandwhich which was delicious. Oak's live fire, smoky cooking method came out beautifully in both dishes. But best of all you can always find interesting, reasonably priced wines by the bottle. This time we ordered a Pinot Gris from Oregon's Willamette Valley ($37) which over delivered. Dessert was also epic. This time we shared the coconut key lime pie that was presented like a piece of art. Taste was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day SplurgewheatlesDined on 2/14/2014A delicious prix fixe dinner was set up to share with your valentine so we could both taste everything. That was a really good arrangement because the soup, with rich yet simple broth and wild mushrooms, and the crisp fresh beet salad, and the gnocchi, and the ravioli, and the quail and the scallops were all divine! Additionally, I was able to come away from the table having tasted and enjoyed everything, including dessert, without being stuffed. The tables were a tad close together and our neighbors were enjoying themselves, so we learned some new travel and workout tips, but were able to hold our own private conversation as well. A very enjoyable atmosphere and a stroll on the Pearl Street mall afterward made for a romantic evening.Special Features: