Oak at fourteenth
1400 Pearl St
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oak at fourteenth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakatfourteenth.com/
- Phone: 3034443622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Mid-Day: Monday - Saturday: 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Late Night: Thursday - Saturday 10:00PM - 12:30AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Redzikowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Oak at Fourteenth does one-of-a-kind catering functions based on customer requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Phoebe to reserve your space in our private dining area, the Acorn Room.
- Private Party Contact: Phoebe Trotta 3034443622x
- Special Events: Oak welcomes your celebrations, events, and business gatherings. We offer our Acorn Room with seating for up to 40 guests, or exclusive use of the restaurant for up to 90 guests.
For inquiries or event bookings, contact our private event coordinator, Phoebe Trotta, at 303-444-3622.
A word from Oak at fourteenth
Oak at Fourteenth is a neighborhood restaurant that features local and seasonal new American Cuisine in a friendly and professional atmosphere. Open daily for lunch, dinner and late night. Chef/Owner Steven Redzikowski’s simple yet inspired menus are focused around wood fire cookery. Oak offers a creative hand- crafted cocktail menu, artisan wine and beer list that help create a fun and energetic experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Oak at fourteenth - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Oak at fourteenth reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (118)special occasion (70)hot spot (58)neighborhood gem (50)notable wine list (45)romantic (33)vibrant bar scene (31)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (27)good for groups (16)late-night find (12)great for brunch (8)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- amazingzeldasmomDined on 7/12/2014We celebrated our 34th anniversary at the oak and had an amazing dinner. We started with some of the small plates to share and ended up sharing the red fish. Also had a wonderful strawberry dessert. Loved the kale salad, shrimp and grits and pork belly (my favorite). Would drfinately definitely go again. Had great service too.Special Features:
- wonderful food - lots of optionshungryladyDined on 7/12/2014Oak at fourteenth is a fabulous restaurant with great fresh food options - try the buratta! There are great choices of appetisers and entrees - something to please everyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/10/2014Extremely noisy! Cannot have a conversation inside!
- Way overpriced!4krcDined on 7/8/2014From the ridiculously priced wine list (not a single bottle under $40....but plenty over $100) to the entrees, all of which were $25 or over, to the $13 salads (6 roasted beet pieces with a sprinkling of basil and cheese)....I will not be back.
- Great restaurant!WsweVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had a great lunch at this place! Service was excellent! Fried pickles to start which were wonderful! I had a noodle salad which was very good. My husband loved his turkey sandwich. Dessert was a coffee dusted/frosted donut which was also wonderful! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Food overrides noiseGuidoVIPDined on 7/2/2014This is a very noisy restaurant, however the quality of the food makes up for it. The small plates are varied and not really small, good for sharing. The kale/ apple salad and shrimp& grits were outstanding. Try to get a patio (sidewalk) table if the weather permits.Special Features:
- college town servicesjspismeDined on 7/1/2014slow, slow, slow. Slow first contact with waiter, slow drink order, slow refills of alcohol, slow check delivery, slow pick-up, it would be difficult to say a complete lack of interest on the part of the waiter but I am willing to say a 99% lack of interest in our experience. Could this curly haired lad be a bad apple? The pretty well all-around ennui was obvious, hostess, bussers, food runners. As a chef for over 35 years I tend to give staff a break when it comes to "one-of-those-days". I am always explaining to friends who have not worked in the restaurants why what they think is bad service is excusable. My only explanation here: disinterest as an overall restaurant wide policy-no thanks. Weird think was that the food was great.Special Features:
- Pretty goodPlaneCrazyVIPDined on 6/29/2014House drinks were amazing. Bone marrow appetizer was pretty good. Dessert was a bit disappointing (both of them). Entrees were tasty, but portioning seemed wrong. I had probably too much food, while my wife's portion was a bit small. Overall, its better than average. I might go back, but its not at the top of my list to do so.Special Features:
- Creative diningThommoVIPDined on 6/28/2014Excellent, innovative food and outstanding service. Appetizers were tasty but skimpy in portion size. Entrees were generous and flavorful. Wine list was not expansive but well chosen. Overall, a restaurant that I would have no hesitation in visiting again and recommending to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS - again!raftingandravenousDined on 6/24/2014Last time 3 of us ate all the small/shared-plate options. All excellent. This time, my husband and I split two small plates and each had our own entree. Even being nine months pregnant, I was able to comfortably finish the entree after sharing the starters. The "large" plates are healthy, normal size portions, not 'fast casual heapings' of food. The menu had some lovely new items on it - a parmesan custard with shaved asparagus salad, squid ink pasta with king crab and manila clams, bacon-wrapped pork tenderlion cooked to perfection. You just can't go wrong at this place. If you walk in, grab a bar seat by the wood-fired stove to watch the action happen as you eat. It's an excellent spot that's reliably awesome time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinner/experienceSpudmanDined on 6/22/2014Excellent all-around find for two "food snobs" during our first visit to Boulder! Would highly recommend --Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Spinal Tap- "these go to 11"tboulderDined on 6/21/2014https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc I gave the ambience a 2 due to the noise level.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/19/2014Easily maintains it's place as one of the top 4 or 5 restaurants in Boulder. Not the place for an intimate dinner, in my opinion, but conversation is certainly not impeded by the lively atmosphere or excessive attention by the wait-staff who are well-informed and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience.tgambeeDined on 6/16/2014There are no specials here because the menu changes daily. The food is always amazing. It is our favorite place to eat in Boulder.Special Features:
- Fathers Day MealDaleDined on 6/15/2014The food was superb, everything was unique and tastefully crafted in it's own way, each bite was a piece of Heaven! The cocktails were wonderful concoctions, blended to perfection. The service was exceptional. Turkey the best Fathers Day meal every:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowIEatFoodDined on 6/14/2014We came for our wedding anniversary and were blown away by the food. Great service as well. We loved the salted caramel pudding/ice cream desert. Spectacular wine too. Perfect meal and a memorable night.Special Features:
- Wonderful!BobbleDined on 6/13/2014First time coming here for lunch, one of the best lunches in Boulder! The food was just stellar.Special Features:
- Great meal, service but too LOUD!RittVIPDined on 6/11/2014I'll continue to return because it's a great restaurant, but it really just gets too loud in the dining room. I know they want it to feel energetic, but it's to excess. They should install something to dampen the sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014We were seated and lots of hustle and bustle but no drink orders were taken until we flagged someone down after about 7 or 8 minutes. The restaurant is extremely loud. They also mixed up our order, just three of us and it took an extra half hour probably for us to get served. I don't know why we had such bad service. The food was good but we will probably not go back, as we didn't feel like we were being treated well and the prices are not cheap.Special Features:
- Oak was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/4/2014This was the best meal we've had in Boulder. The food was incredible and the service was outstanding. The meal was perfectly paced.Special Features:
- An amazing dinnerdamijenDined on 6/3/2014Oak at Fourteenth is a restaurant everybody should try at least once. We had an amazing dinner. Food and drinks were outstanding. Freshness and quality of the ingredients are remarkable. The noise level can be energetic but the ambience is truly vibrant. Memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, hard to hearjmb39Dined on 5/31/2014Loved our meal! The pork shoulder and kale salad were great. I found it hard to hear at times the acoustics are not great, that would not at all deter me from going back tho. Also, very flexible on converting dishes to gluten free.Special Features:
- Almost 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/31/2014There were 3 of us dining. 2 had entrees that were outstanding, but one said their meal, while good, did not rank 5 stars. The appetizer was definitely 5 stars. The best desert had by our party was the root beer float. This restaurant has highly creative food and it ranks very highly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantSteveVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food and service were great, even down to the timing of the food arrival to rhe table. Atmosphere lively and exciting.Special Features:
- Great foodamfarbsDined on 5/30/2014We were looking for something nice on the later side of the evening, since our flight in was delayed. We found Oak at fourteenth and their excellent food! We ended up getting 3 appetizers, which were quite well sized and were stuffed. Quite delicious! They also have a creative and tasty selection of cocktails which we enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great food/way too noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2014Food is really fresh,creative and delicious , but the noise in the restaurant makes it difficult to speak or hear..Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Oak is my go to for special occasions and my experience always meets my expectations.Special Features:
- Fun place on the Pearl St. MallPearlStreetMallDiningDined on 5/25/2014The food is very good, love the shrimp and grits of all things. Fun sitting looking out on the mall. Bar is exceptional. Noisy but worth it,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulously deliscious!JacquelineDined on 5/24/2014Frist time ~Oak smoke aroma lured us up Fourteenth to the front door where we were greeted by an extremely professional, refined, well-tuned staff. Enjoyed the bar while waiting for friends, impressive tempting extensive drink menu including house-made sodas. Shaved kale and apple salad was the best I've ever had while dining out. Shared the massive Wood Grilled Bone-In Ribeye for two which was perfectly presented on a carving board with all accompaniments. Cooked to perfected and decadent! Service was great, wait staff seemed to genuinely enjoy their positions while proprietor Bryan Dayton mingled amongst the crowd shining like the star he is! I do believe Oak on Fourteenth has made our most-favorite-list. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The following 480 reviews are from the Oak at fourteenth reviews archive.
- Healthy/Delicious w/Seasonal TwistsKayFamDined on 5/23/2014Great meal! Juicy Boulder chicken, farmed pork and halibut. Loved the eggplant appetizer and the Kale Salad is a classic always on the menu. Enjoy the Boulder scene- beware of evening showers on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb chefJulianaDined on 5/18/2014MY daughter and I enjoyed a great Sunday supper. Especially taken with the shrimp and grits.Special Features:
- A wonder for your palateolderboulderiteDined on 5/17/2014Oak has been a long time favorite, but we hadn't been for quite some time and chose Oak to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were absolutely wowed by the food. The appetizer was to die for and each of us had a main that was perfectly prepared and a wonderful combination of tastes. The restaurant even surprised us with a complimentary dessert for my husband for his birthday. Highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion. Is a bit pricey for everyday.Special Features:
- Our Boulder Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2014Oak is consistently great! The food is inventive and delicious. Wait staff friendly and extremely competent. Very buzzy fun ambience. Simply the best in Boulder!Special Features:
- Great suggestionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014We each had a Manhattan, which was decent, but we probably should have gone with wine because that seems to be the specialty. The kale salad, and the pate were excellent. We also tried the shrimp and grits and the eggplant as the server suggested, which were very good and plenty filling. Really good sized portions, and we left quite satisfied! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Derby Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2014Great new menu additions, Spring Pea Soup and Ravioli ,Special Features:
- LinzDined on 5/3/2014Amazing food and service. Love this place for a nice romantic dinner. Wine choices are excellent as well. Try the shrimp and grits, ribeye and fried pickles. All wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchsavagefoodieDined on 5/1/2014Took my wife to lunch on her birthday. Great place for a special lunch or business meeting. Nice diverse lunch menu from burgers to full entrees.Special Features:
- NaderDined on 4/29/2014THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD. THE NOISE LEVEL IS VERY LOUD, COULD NOT HAVE A CONVERSATION ACROSS THE TABLE. THE BAR WAS HOPPING THOUGH, GREAT DRINKS!Special Features:
- Exceptional FoodBobCVIPDined on 4/29/2014Heard the food was good but found exceptional. Shared 3 small plates and one shared plate and all were extremely good. Service was also very good. Only negative was noise level.Special Features:
- Crave the Kale SaladPattyjoVIPDined on 4/26/2014Not sure what they do but the Kale Salad is awesome. Glad we gave Oak a 2nd try because the first was a pre-set Valentine's dinner and we were disappointed. Decided after hearing so many friends rave to try again. Glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.