Brx American Bistro
1025-I Seneca Rd.
Great Falls, VA 22066Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Brx American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brxgf.com/
- Phone: 7034339050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00 - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ashwani Ahluwalia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Visit http://www.brxgf.com/index.php/news/ to learn about our Specials & Events
A word from Brx American Bistro
Brx is a place where you can take your family or meet with your friends for some quality time and good food and drink. We wanted to create an atmosphere where people could gather casually in a sophisticated, yet down to earth locale. Brx's large dining room and outdoor patio offer a casual and comfortable ambiance to enjoy our American cuisine influenced by your favorite comfort foods. Our casual bar area is the perfect place for a glass of wine from our extensive wine list, or a round of beers with friends. Brx's large dining room and outdoor patio offer a casual and comfortable ambiance to enjoy our American cuisine influenced by your favorite comfort foods. Our casual bar area is the perfect place for a glass of wine from our extensive wine list, or a round of beers with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brx American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (17)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (12)romantic (11)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great neighborhood spot. SpecialsHoundDogsVIPDined on 5/16/2013Great neighborhood spot. Specials are particularly good.
- Dinner out!Jfiller45VIPDined on 5/15/2013Really enjoyed our meals. Service was prompt and the staff was tentative to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even the iced tea wasn't good.AmosVIPDined on 5/14/2013Even the iced tea wasn't good. Nothing could make me go back ever.
- love the AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013The fire place, quaint invierment... good for family or cpl's. Great meals, nice prices... Hope you enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Restaurant.nyntDined on 5/12/2013This was my first time at Brix. I took my family for a Mother's Day breakfast and we all loved the buffet. I believe the restaurant does not normally offer Sunday buffet and this was their special menu for Mother's Day. Nevertheless, all was great. The omelette bar had good variety and they prepared it just right. Fresh fruit, exotic cheeses, smoked salmon, breads and pastries, all were great. They also had a hot food bar with lunch items but we chose to skip that. The place looked classy, inviting and clean. The staff was polite and reasonably helpful. Since it is in our neighborhood, we will definitely return and sample their regular menu,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food with plentyParrotMomVIPDined on 5/11/2013Delicious food with plenty of healthful choices (yet they still have decadent desserts), attentive servers, and we can actually hear everyone at our table as the noise level is low. It's become our regular gathering spot for meeting friends and family from MD. We live far west in VA and the hour drive to BRX is definitely worth the trip.Special Features:
- All the right answersRichVIPDined on 5/5/2013I don't usually give a restaurant all the best markings, but there was noting to fault and everything to praise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicePiperVIPDined on 4/24/2013Been here several times and we love it! Chose it for my Birthday this year and we all had great food and service! The crab cakes are the BEST!Special Features:
- Cant MissDougDDVIPDined on 4/20/2013Wonderful neighborhood gem with great variety and quality.Special Features:
- I love coming to Brix. ItJudy44Dined on 4/10/2013I love coming to Brix. It was great being able to sit on the patio. Service is excellent. Music a bit loud.
- Had a great meal and excellentMaryHDined on 3/29/2013Had a great meal and excellent service. We'll be going back again.Special Features:
- We enjoyed ourselves. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013We enjoyed ourselves. The food was great, the service was good. Can't wait till it warms up, they have a very nice outdoor area that seems to be a great place to relax and unwind.Special Features:
- A Great Place to Enjoy a Fab Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2013A great eclectic menu selection with great specials such as the scallops on the night we were there - everything we've tried on our visits have been flavorful and delicious! They aren't afraid to use spices and herbs and one of my favorite dishes, the Louisiana pasta with chicken (I get it with shrimp and sometimes mixed with both) is wonderful. The portions are generous and the prices are comparable to other restuarants at the same level - you get value for money. Also, the staff at Brx are all friendly and helpful, and the manager always takes the time to chat with us even if for only a few moments. We'll be back for sure - we want to try out the "al fresco" dining on their patio!Special Features:
- Ran out of specials at 6:30OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 3/9/2013Ran out of specials at 6:30 on a Saturday...after we ordered them.
- Very consistent with highOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2013Very consistent with high quality food and services. One of our very favorite places to dine!Special Features:
- Brix on Valentine dayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013the food and service were spectacular! particularly on valentine day. My wife and I had salads and Bisk soup. I recommend also the bread pudding!Special Features:
- Loved the wine list. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2013Loved the wine list. Service excellent. Food was great. Think it would be more romantic if they used table linens, dimmed the lights, and added candles to the tables. But, still a great place.Special Features:
- Great Food close to home.BrendaDined on 2/2/2013Great Food close to home. A super spot for just the two of us for a nice dinner out without the kids.Special Features:
- Our waiter was extremely rudeHokie01VIPDined on 1/26/2013Our waiter was extremely rude and inattentive. The food is very good but service has definitely been lacking the last two times I've eaten here.
- Good Addition to Grear FallsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2013I've been here for a girls' night out, as well as for a family dinner with our young kids. This venue was well suited to both occasions. The dining area is very spacious and open yet somehow manages to feel warm and cozy at the same time. The menu has a lot of the traditional American staples (salmon, filet, chicken), but they're all done with interesting and colorful ingredients, The dessert menu is a little bland, as it basicalky features most of the standard items you'd find at 100 other restaurants, Even so, the desserts were presented well and were pretty good overall. I haven't yet visited the bar, but the scene there seems lively. Service here has been attentive, accurate, and efficient. A great local restaurant addition!Special Features:
- First time visit. SomewhatOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 1/18/2013First time visit. Somewhat noisy. Overall food was good..nothing great or standout. Shrimp chili sauce app was good, salmon dish was a bit overcomplicated with accompaniments. Good average food nicer restaurant.Special Features:
- Value for Money - Can't Beat It!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/4/2013Wow, what a fantastic meal! All meals - Surf & Turf, ribs, Salmon, & Penne Lousiana were presented beautifully & were really delicious & full of flavor. Portions are generous & menu selection is just right with a great mix of cuisine types. Staff are friendly, welcoming & helpful. Decor & atmosphere is brilliant - current without being too trendy or over the top, open & inviting (has a nice fireplace), yet still has an aura of intimacy at each table/dining area. Brx provides the cuisine of expensive restaurants, but with the look, feel, and pricing of a more affordable and comfortable restaurant. You can't beat it in terms of value for money and we are already looking forward to our next visit. VERY family friendly. Has outdoor dining.Special Features:
- BRX is always wonderful. WeArtichokeDined on 12/31/2012BRX is always wonderful. We introduced friends to the restaurant for New Year's eve prix fixe menu. The oysters were the best we've had in a long time! The surf and turf was exquisite.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner! We haveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/17/2012Excellent dinner! We have also been here many times for "occasion" events. in addition to their supberb regular menu, Brix provides lovely brunches for Mother 's Day, etc and a four course New Year's meal.Special Features:
- My favorite by far in theGiGiVIPDined on 11/30/2012My favorite by far in the Great Falls area. Ash and his team are wonderful. Let them pick your wine and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- this a good family place...travelerVIPDined on 11/20/2012this a good family place... a little noisy for people who want to have a quiet meal... food is pretty good, menu could use a bit of an update. Easy to get to and the staff is nice.Special Features:
- Overall, an excellent diningConeguyDined on 11/18/2012Overall, an excellent dining experience. My wife and I were unfortunately 20 minutes late to the restaurant due to an unavoidable traffic jam, and the staff was very accommodating. The only negative to the experience was that the bar area was filled with very energetic football fans this Sunday night who were extraordinarily loud. While this is beyond the control of the staff, potential customers should keep this in mind when booking a meal during a major sporting event. We will certainly return for another meal at a quieter time.
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2012This was our second visit to the restaurant. The food was great and so were the specials. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- It was wonderful to find anotherAlwaysKindDined on 11/16/2012It was wonderful to find another option in Great Falls to dine. It was much better than the Brogue or the Tavern!Special Features:
- Great Food and Super ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2012Great food and service. We are regulars, but this trip we brought family for a special treat. They were blown away by the food, wine choice ( suggested by our knowledgeable server), service, ambience, and how comfortable they were made to feel even though they have a 2 year old and 1 year old. Thanks Brix!Special Features:
- Enjoyed a great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Enjoyed a great night out a Brx and will be back again for more.Special Features:
- Our first time at Brx andkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 10/22/2012Our first time at Brx and overall it was a good experience. Had a table nearby full of noisy kids which was a bit distracting but food was delivered timely and well prepared. Has a nice bar with seating so next time, we'll try it for a more adult atmosphere.Special Features:
- Our dinner was excellent!BrianDined on 10/12/2012Our dinner was excellent! The veal ravioli was very good and the halibut special was fantastic. Our avocado bruschetta appetizer was very unique and also delicious. Our only gripe was the small size (maybe a seasonal thing?) and quantity of the mussels. Service was very good and great ambiance for dinner. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Our group of five women hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012Our group of five women had a delightful time enjoying the food, and each other, during our lunch at Brix this week. Our waiter and the owner made our lunch very special, with personalized service. The salad selections were great; one of our group had a sandwich with french fries and the fries were out of this world. We shared a dessert of white chocolate bread pudding that was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Salads made to pleasetastyVIPDined on 10/12/2012While the entrees are great, the salads are tasty enough to win me over at lunch. Interesting ingredients, visually appealing. Add some protein and I am happy. Fresh and healthy.Special Features:
- Great Falls TreasureclkeeganDined on 10/10/2012A very nice romantic Bistro. One of our favorites in the Great Falls area.Special Features:
- a choice worth repeating!RichVIPDined on 10/4/2012I now include Brix on my regular rotation of local places to eat, as it keeps getting better with each visit.Special Features:
- As always, the food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2012As always, the food and wine were incredible. This night was a special Indian buffet prepared with a joint effort by the owner and the head chef. Their cooking was nothing short of amazing.Special Features:
- We were very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012We were very impressed with the food, ambiance and service! The owner was very friendly, as he came around & asked us how everything was! We will definitely be going back soon!!!Special Features:
- This is our third trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012This is our third trip to Brix. As before, the appetizers were better than the mains. The wine selection was good. The appetizers and salads were awesome. We particularly enjoyed the beet salad and spring rolls. The snapper special entre was too tough to eat, however. We mentioned this to the server at the end of the meal. We were not offered an apology or any compensation.