The Hermitage Inn
25 Handle Road
West Dover, VT 05356Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hermitage Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hermitageinn.com/
- Phone: 8024643511
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Paul Eschbach
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Hermitage offers facilities for large and small groups in a superb country inn setting. Weddings, family celebrations, special events, corporate meetings, and large groups up to 200 persons may be accommodated. With the option of several venues to choose from, like hosting your event outdoors or in our exhibition wine cellar, you"re sure to create lasting memories.
- Private Party Contact: Steven Ohern 8024643511
- Entertainment: Live music in our pub Friday & Saturday nights.
- Cross Street: Hermitage Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The Hermitage offers facilities for large and small groups in a superb country inn setting. Weddings, family celebrations, special events, corporate meetings, and large groups up to 200 persons may be accommodated. With the option of several venues to choose from, like hosting your event outdoors or in our exhibition wine cellar, you’re sure to create lasting memories.
A word from The Hermitage Inn
The Hermitage is a culinary experience to relish, featuring exceptional ingredients in our chef’s savory and refined cuisine. Start your evening with a cocktail in our Pub, where you may enjoy lighter offerings for lunch or dinner. Fine dining in our Main Dining Room provides the foundation for a memorable evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Hermitage Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (9)special occasion (8)romantic (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (6)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- 2 wilted flower children playingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/26/20112 wilted flower children playing much too loudly for such a small room
- Great food; was there threeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2011Great food; was there three times. The last was in the formal dining room; two were in the pub. The kitchen seemed to forget our order on the final time.Special Features:
- the entire staff was wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2011the entire staff was wonderful! The chef was OUTSTANDING, we enjoyed the most wonderful:steak, lobster, beet salad, quail and sorbet. Breakfast was a delight, and katie always knew what we wanted.those fingerling potatoes were the bomb. The inn keeper was always on hand, and had the most pleasant personality. The rest of the staff could not be more helpful to lend a hand, get us what we needed(houskeeping) and make sure we had smores on an open fire! The office staff even went the extra mile to print out directions, or even to pop our popcorn! we would highly recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- On the fence with the Hermitage InnOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/20/2011Visually this restuarant was lovely. We were looking for a quiet & relaxing dinner. Unfortuntely, we received a table which was right next to the entrance and exit for their private party room. A wedding was taking place in the private room so there was a constant flow of amusement. The waitress, Zoomer, was excellent. Actually, my husband was not feel well and she went out of her way to offer ginger ale etc. Since Zoomer was such a great waitress, we would give this restaurant one more try.Special Features:
- Excellent food and extensiveKathyGDined on 2/20/2011Excellent food and extensive wine list. It is expensive and there are not too many wines under $50. Special occasion restaurant...not for an after-ski dinner for a large family!Special Features:
- The Inn is lovely and picturesque.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2011The Inn is lovely and picturesque. Ambiance is serene. We began in the bar, and had trouble getting served. Bartenders should be more interested in serving than cleaning bar glasses! The food portions could have been larger, the accompaniments were very small,which looked disproportional to the protein. The food temperature was too cool, but flavorful. This may have been the waitress?? She wasn't as attentive as we would have liked for this price level. She remembered a drink request at the end of our meal (this was ordered before appetizer course). Inconsistency, some tables received bread, we did not. The wine steward was very helpful in choosing a good wine pairing with our meal. So overall slightly disappointed with food and service.Special Features:
- Although the portions areSMADPDined on 2/19/2011Although the portions are slighly on the small side the food was impeccable. Everything was delicious, I would say it is the best restaurant in Deerfield valley.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2011I was looking forward to dinner at the Hermitage Inn after reading good reviews. The evening was disappointing on many levels.The bar next to the restaurant was very busy and very noisy and that noise spilled into the restaurant. The dining room was very large and had the feel of a function room, rather than an intimate restaurant inn. The food portions were minute. In fact, even though we also ordered appetizers, we were not "full" after our meal. There were 3 to our party. Only 3 pieces of very ordinary white bread were brought to the table and no more offered. The food was highly overpriced for what we received. I do not plan on returning.
- Had a reservation for 7:45OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011Had a reservation for 7:45 arrived at 7:30 and was told table would be ready shortly. Did not hear from anybody until. Went back at 8:30 and was then told that my table was ready but instead of in the main dining room, we sat at a table off of the bat where it was very noisy and not what we were expecting. It was supposed to be a fine dining experience for my wife's birthday but was a big dissapontment. Ordered the rack of lamb and it was almost half fat. We will not return!!!
- We had not been back to theWeaveVTDined on 1/28/2011We had not been back to the Hermitage Inn since the new owners took over. It was a memorable evening and we hope to go back very soon. Fine Dining in a beautiful Vermont setting, what could be better!Special Features:
- Everything was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2011Everything was very good. We make a special trip to the Hermitage every time we go to our vacation house in VTSpecial Features:
- We love the Hermitage. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/26/2010We love the Hermitage. We have a second house in Vermont and will go to it for brunch or dinner whenever we are here. I love the blood orange mimosa's and the muffin basket at brunch. The views are spectacular and the ambiance is fantastic. The servers are enthusiastic and are very knowledgeable of the menu.Special Features: