350 South County Road
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buccanpalmbeach.com/
- Phone: 5618333450
- Hours of Operation:
M-Th: 4:00pm* - 11:00pm (bar open until 1:00am) Fri: 4:00pm* - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sat: 5:00pm - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sun: 5:00pm until 10:00pm (bar open until 12:00am)
*Limited menu from 4:00pm until 5:00pm, happy hour until 7:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Clay Conley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ every friday night 9-1
- Special Events: Every monday night 1/2 price on all wines by the bottle
A word from Buccan
Buccan (pronounced boo-cahn) is a restaurant, bar and lounge in the heart of Palm Beach. The concept, conceived by acclaimed Miami Chef Clay Conley, is primarily a high-end bistro, featuring progressive American cuisine, in a casually sophisticated setting. The predominant characteristic of buccan's menu is a changing array of small plates - highlighting the use of superior ingredients and preparation - offering an adventurous and memorable dining experience. Guests are welcome for a quick bite at the bar, a specialty cocktail in the lounge, or for a long, leisurely evening.Continued
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Buccan - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Buccan reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (93)hot spot (67)special occasion (55)vibrant bar scene (45)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (37)good for groups (32)romantic (23)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Sharing conceptMangiareDined on 3/23/2014We loved everything we ordered. We were four people and enjoyed the selection very much as we shared each dish. We especially enjoyed the excellent tuna tartare, a must try! The atmosphere is fun and welcoming and unthreatening. Overall, it was a positive and tasty experience and would go back again. Our favourite restaurant in Palm Beach!Special Features:
- Aniversary specialdceatsVIPDined on 3/19/2014Totally perfect. Hostess was friendly and gave us a table where we could talk and enjoy our meal but still be in the think of things. Definitely a keeper.Special Features:
- Poor ExperienceNYdinerDined on 3/18/2014I had a unsatisfactory experience at Buccan on my last visit. We were seated next to a large table of impolite and yelling customers. Very low class for a supposedly upscale restaurant. Despite complaints by several customers, there was no management of this unpleasant situation. The food was good but not great so I cannot recommend this restaurant. The restaurant provided us with two free glasses of wine to make up for this. However, we will not be returning to Buccan.
- Best Restaurant in Palm Beachdla911VIPDined on 3/16/2014excellent food, wine and service, with a creative chef whose talent for blending flavors never disappoints. Portions are huge so look to sharing as a way to experience more treats. Sit at the kitchen bar and be treated to chef's surprises.Special Features:
- Erica &Nick Faboulos bartenders! RyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2014Erica &Nick Faboulos bartenders! Ryan was a great server. The food was Absolutely delicious. Great hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsdinendinerVIPDined on 3/10/2014The quality and creativity of the dishes has remained since dining here last year. If I lived here all the time I would be there more often.Special Features:
- Friday nights are fun!localgirlDined on 3/7/2014If you like to be around a bunch of people, with a kitchen that's open relatively late for Palm Beach, then Friday nights at Buccan are for you. I went on purpose because there was a dj and plenty of people at the bar. If you want a quieter situation, go any other night of the week except Friday. Make your reservation well in advance, because this is a fantastic restaurant and everyone wants to go there for a very good reason!!! I have eaten here many times since it first opened and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food &Winedla911VIPDined on 3/6/2014We were pleased from start to finssh on the quality and creativity of the chef, the hgh level of service and the well chosen wine list. The lobster risotto and tuna/avocado starters are superb, as are the day boat scallops. Save a bit of room for creative desserts.Special Features:
- great recipiesEbrossVIPDined on 3/3/2014highly unusual preparations - every dish is great. worth working through the entire menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all -around restaurantmarjoVIPDined on 3/3/2014Great all -around restaurant in Palm Beach The menu choices are extensive and all we had were excellent. Wine list is impressive by the glass and bottle but most diners were having cocktails. Service also excellent. A Real Nice addition to the Palm Beach Scene - Go if you have a chance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAAFoodie1Dined on 3/3/2014Wonderful food, service, and ambience! Can't wait to go back! One of the best in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SensationalRegmrgVIPDined on 3/2/2014My favorite restaurant in Florida. Great food. Great bartender Sergio . Great service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abbamybVIPDined on 2/28/2014Great food. Great ambience, but they do not honor reservations. You can wait anywhere from 1/2-1 hr with a reservation.Special Features:
- BuccanFoodieDined on 2/27/2014Great place to meet after work. Great small dish concept, allows you experience a variety different types of foods. Loved the oysters and risotto was 5 star.Special Features:
- Disappointed!IslanderDined on 2/26/2014Although the food was good, the service was horrible and really effected the enjoyment of the dishes. I understand the small plate tapas theme, but the dishes came out in no good order, a hot dish first, then crevice, which really would gave been a great starter. The small plates weren't changed consistently between courses, once having a soggy plate left from an octopus course to share with a crisp clean ceviche. We were not offered more water or a beverage and were left with swearing empty glasses for the last part of our meal! The energy and noise level of the restaurant although exciting at first became annoying while waiting up to 20 minutes between courses! You get the idea! Very disappointed !!!Special Features:
- Unpretentious comfort foodProfessah13Dined on 2/26/2014I love everything about this place from the absolutely delicious food to the professionalism of the staff to the design of the restaurant. It is a breath of fresh air in a town with many stuffy restaurants.Special Features:
- Great place with really good foodNunoDined on 2/26/2014This is a Great place with really good food,the service was great and friendly. Would totally recommended this place if you around the Palm beach or West Palm beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order the hamburger & fries!CeceDined on 2/24/2014The hamburger & fries were delicious. Our pompano fish was good but a little small. I enjoyed the tuna tartar We loved the half off on our wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and great atmospheretennissmashgirlDined on 2/24/2014We came for an early dinner, because we knew we would have to wait for a couple weeks to get a reservation during prime time. We were not disappointed! Our server started us out with a warm welcome and explained the menu well. He suggested that we order 2-3 items per person, which we did and shared each of them. All items were delicious. I especially liked the short rib empanadas and my husband really adored the squid ink orecchiette. Can't wait to go back with friends and try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buccan surpassed our expectations.FDaveDined on 2/23/2014Buccan surpassed our expectations.Fantastic waiter, food and wine. Our table was clean and waiting for us at 8:00pm, we were seated upon entering the restaurant and it was a crowded Sunday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal ever!Jmm364Dined on 2/19/2014This was my second time to Buccan (first time 2 yrs ago) and this has to be the best meal I've ever had. Wish they had a location in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not respect reservation timeec3onsouthoceanDined on 2/17/2014I made reservations two weeks in advance and confirmed that day. However the wait time for my table when I showed up five minutes early was over 45 minutes with limited seating in bar area (due to it being a hot spot). 15 minutes is bearable, but 45 minute wait is not!! Especially given that there was no seating, my guests and I had to stand for the 40 minutes of the 45 minutes wait. Hostesses do a lousy job assisting clientele.Special Features:
- Nasty Lady BartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/17/2014We for drinks and dinner and decided to eat at the bar. A woman bartender took our orders,she seemed peeved that we asked about the dishes and ignored our requests for the complimentary popcorn offered at the bar,finally, we asked other staff; the busboy, to refill the little bowls of popcorn offered at the bar. Buccan is great, that bartender not so much. We could of had much more to dine and drink, but her attitude drove us off early. It seemed she did not want to give us anything that did not contribute to our check. We think the emphasis of an upscale restaurant is to make the customer happy not withhold the complimentary treats. We realize Palm Beach is both upscale and elite, but that does not excuse rudeness or eye rolling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met some friends for dinnerSaSaVIPDined on 2/14/2014Met some friends for dinner on Valentine's Day. As usual we had a fantastic dinner! And, it was great that Buccan had its regular menu and not a "special" Valentine menu because Buccan is ALWAYS SPECIAL - the menu is eclectic and chock full of delicious options that are beautifully presented and exquisitely flavorful. The wine list is great, too, and the sommeilier couldn't be more helpful and accommodating, same with the wait staff. A must!!!Special Features:
- Hopping bar scene, beautiful peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Ideally located in downtown Palm Beach, chic decor but not stuffy! Loved the kale salad and Brussels sprout Caesar. Service attentitive and friendly. Would definitely recommend to our 40 and 50 something friendsSpecial Features:
- refreshing changejennlynne27Dined on 2/13/2014Great concept with small plates, but not too small, fresh food with lots of flavor and a nice variety. It is what eating right should feel like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!arnebDined on 2/13/2014Great small plate menu. Everything we chose was tasty, appealing and beautifully served. Wait staff was friendly and present exactly when needed. And the owner visited the table during our meal and made a point of thanking us when we departed. Totally enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!lalalal0laDined on 2/13/2014My husband usually takes me for special occasions (birthday, anniversay, valentines day) We always have a great time. They have an extensive drink menu and I always get the Chez Suzane (SO YUMMY). The food is always delisous and fresh. I love that it is always perfectly seasoned and you don't have to add salt or pepper to anything-it's always perfect. The staff is also upbeat and cheerful. Our waiter this last time was great, super friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and its specials. Definitly a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happenin spotMooseDined on 2/12/2014Great vibe, food is always great, interesting and yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Creative Cuisine In Palm BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/11/2014Although that isn't saying much, this restaurant could even make it in foody-lover SF.
- Spotty service spoiled thisWeeklyVIPDined on 2/10/2014Spotty service spoiled this trip to Buccan Food cold and not able to find serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic, lively crowd. ForFlashDined on 2/9/2014Energetic, lively crowd. For Palm Beach Buccan presents a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Palm Beach areaMeganDined on 2/9/2014My friend and I had a ladies night out, and sat in the informal area with couches and low tables. Our waiter helped pick the right small plates and managed the relaxing flow of our service. The squash blossoms and squid ink with pasta were both fabulous. Small plate creative dining is just so much fun and Buccan delivers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerEmerilVIPDined on 2/6/2014We had several small portions. All excellent. Good service and food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/4/2014Great spot for sharing plates. If you are a Brussels sprouts nut the Caesar is a must. Negative is the ventilation needs help. Clothes were quite 'greasy' smelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good spotRegmrgVIPDined on 2/2/2014best restaurant in p.b. they need mashed potatos as a permanent item on the menu.Special Features:
- Everything at Buccan was excellent.nashdashVIPDined on 1/30/2014Everything at Buccan was excellent. Our server, Cecilia, was great. She was knowledgable and attentive, very pleasant dining experience. The food was very very good. Two of us started with the Brussel Sprout Caesar, which was really amazing. Our main courses were all excellent as well. Very lively place but a very nice and enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborrhood Hot SpotJBIRISHDined on 1/29/2014Buccan continues to be a great place on"the island" for a good time and some excellent food. All dishes presented as nicely as they taste. Don't miss the brussels/ceasar oe the Zucchini flowere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurant & tasty foodPrinceDined on 1/28/2014Fun restaurant & tasty food with many interesting choices. However, it was loud! We literally were shouting at each other across the table. We had an early reservation (7:30) and the place was packed. By 8:30 there were empty tables and we could return to normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tapas in South Florida!!CpdinersVIPDined on 1/28/2014Three of us went to Buccan the other night and our experience was phenomenal. We ordered 6 different dishes and were happy with all of them. Our favorites were the gnocchi, tuna tartar,Brussels sprout Caesar , zucchini flowers and pork bellies. The elderflower swizzle cocktail was outrageous and. Make sure to save room for the warm garbage cookies for desert! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.