350 South County Road
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buccanpalmbeach.com/
- Phone: 5618333450
- Hours of Operation:
M-Th: 4:00pm* - 11:00pm (bar open until 1:00am) Fri: 4:00pm* - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sat: 5:00pm - 12:00am (bar open until 1:00am) Sun: 5:00pm until 10:00pm (bar open until 12:00am)
*Limited menu from 4:00pm until 5:00pm, happy hour until 7:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Clay Conley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ every friday night 9-1
- Special Events: Every monday night 1/2 price on all wines by the bottle
A word from Buccan
Buccan (pronounced boo-cahn) is a restaurant, bar and lounge in the heart of Palm Beach. The concept, conceived by acclaimed Miami Chef Clay Conley, is primarily a high-end bistro, featuring progressive American cuisine, in a casually sophisticated setting. The predominant characteristic of buccan's menu is a changing array of small plates - highlighting the use of superior ingredients and preparation - offering an adventurous and memorable dining experience. Guests are welcome for a quick bite at the bar, a specialty cocktail in the lounge, or for a long, leisurely evening.Continued
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Visit our web page for more information, updates and special events.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Buccan - Best Restaurants in Palm Beach ›
Buccan reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)hot spot (69)special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (44)vibrant bar scene (43)notable wine list (36)good for groups (29)romantic (22)late-night find (14)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Impeccable!BreezyDined on 6/29/2014From start to finish, every course and every dish was impeccable! Complex flavor combinations that excite the palate. This is probably the tenth time I've dined at Buccan and it "wows" me each time. Chef Clay is one of the best around! We always request server Francisco because his energy and enthusiastic aura really add to the experience- love him! Still reminiscing the meal and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Wonderful!58foodieDined on 6/29/2014This was the finest dining experience we have ever had, from beginning to end! Thank you for the inventive, delicious menu and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding TapasSouthernCommandVIPDined on 6/29/2014First rate in every way. My only negative is the six hour drive from south Georgia to get to the restaurant!Special Features:
- I don't like doing this.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014And the reason? It will only make it harder to get a reservation. Wonderful place and my favorite restaurant in Palm Beach County. The food is so good and the vibe is so good.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We went for a birthday and it was fantastic. We were seared at the chefs table which was a fun experience. Our server mike was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!!Foodie13Dined on 6/17/2014Buccan never disappoints! The food is always fantastic and exciting. We were celebrating our anniversary and the server did an amazing job recognizing it and even put a candle in the dessert we ordered. He made our night! We'll be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!ImpatientFoodieVIPDined on 6/12/2014In town for a conference and took the family to Bucccan. We split numerous dishes and all were very good. The spicy pork tacos, the mahi sliders, and the lobster pasta were amazing! Service was friendly and attentive. Place gets loud when it gets crowded, but overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!KW482Dined on 6/10/2014The food is delicious. We love to order a few of the small plates. We had 4 and all were outstanding! It is a real treat. Wish they had a Buccan up North.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpeedVIPDined on 6/10/2014Warm brussel ceasar outstanding! The milk and cookies dessert was definitely a highlight. The service was friendly and helpful. A great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerEatingoutDined on 6/5/2014My wife and I had dinner at Buccan on a Thursday evening out of season. The hostess was aloof and distant, which was a poor start, after that it got dramatically better. The waiter was knowledgeable and helpful, professional and attentive. the food, we shared a series of small plates, was outstanding, each dish better than the one before. Despite its title the Grouper Slider was absolutely excellent. The only negative was the price and selection of wines by the glass. The Malbec and Sauvignon Blanc were both mediocre for their type, and very overpriced at $10 and $12 respectively. Much better choices are readily available for $8 to $12 a bottle in the stores, so for these wines $6 a glass would have been acceptable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014One of the best dining experiences ever - and I have had some great ones. The ambiance, service and of course the food were all amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's Table!AnnBVIPDined on 6/1/2014We've been to buccan several times before, but this time, we really lucked out and were seated at the chef's table. Best seats in the house!!Special Features:
- The following 591 reviews are from the Buccan reviews archive.
- Fantastic!ZRangDined on 6/1/2014One of the best dinners I have had...and I am from New Orleans, a foodie heaven. The steak tartar and tuna tostada are a must for starters. Squid Ink Orecchiette, Spicy Port Tacos and Mushroom Pizza were delicious. All was perfectly paired with the wine recommended by our waiter. The atmosphere is great and perfect for people watching. If in West Palm, this spot is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buccan is amazing!!Jenl211Dined on 5/31/2014It's honestly the best restaurant I've ever been to in America!!Special Features:
- Great night outlove2dineDined on 5/27/2014Sensational food and outstanding service! All I am looking for when I want to go out for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Loved it!StaciVIPDined on 5/25/2014We make it a point to hit Buccan every trip to Palm Beach- it is a must do!!! The gnocchi is killer!Special Features:
- Mimi's ReviewRichie2timeDined on 5/21/2014Great wine, excellent beet salad, with small plate soft shell crab ,spicy shrimp and bread basket and oil dip. Very filling servings for small plate. My husband the golfer lover the burgers !! Good Vibrations throughout Buccan with a nice bright and airy atmosphere .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charmed our gueststennissmashgirlDined on 5/19/2014We had gone to buccan about a month ago for the first time. We came back to FL for 4 days this weekend and took 3 friends. Everyone loved it. Last time we had Francisco as a server and this time David. Both were wonderful! Good food, good wine, good friends. Can't beat it!Special Features:
- Never disappointsi82muchDined on 5/18/2014You won't find a hefty, leather-bound menu here, or a phone book-sized wine list. The ethos at Buccan tends towards the spare. There is plenty of diversity in their offerings, but just enough, and nothing extraneous. The motto here seems to be: "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well." True to form, each menu item stands on its own, from starters on up the line. The flavors are fantastic and never overwrought. If you're looking for a Zen-like dining experience, I highly recommend Buccan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/14/2014In town with friends, we found this place on open table and LOVED it the moment we walked in. We shared several small plates and everyone loved everything. Waiter was not the greatest, but we don't hold that against the restaurant itself - the food stands out much more. Thrilled to have found and experienced it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodJAM1981VIPDined on 5/13/2014Always good, always crowded - even after the season. Although known for its small plates, its large plates are also fantastic - particularly the hangar steak.Special Features:
- GreatjlminvVIPDined on 5/11/2014Always great. Very good food, very good service. The food is always different and special. The best of Palm Beach.Special Features:
- SallyDined on 5/11/2014There are so many wonderful options on the menu, it would be difficult to select just one for each course. With the tapas style concept popular at Buccan, guests get to try and share several small plates instead of one plate of the same dish. Everything was amazing! Don't miss the squid ink pasta, and the tuna!! Our server said "you can't make a bad choice" and I totally agree.Special Features:
- Perfect!SpikeDined on 5/11/2014Perfect place for foodies! Enjoyed every morsel and will be back for more. Good choices on the wine list and prices weren't outrageous.Special Features:
- Had a great time.DawnZiggieDined on 5/8/2014Our server was lovely and we relied on her recommendations for our food order. The food was fab!! We had the tuna tartare, baby kale salad, squid ink orrichiette, shrimp scampi, pork taco and a side of asparagus. My husband and I shared these small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Salty foodFoodieDined on 5/6/2014Waiter politely explained tapas concept and recommended multiple items. Ordered a few items only to realize the portions were regular size. - Ravioli type dish with English peas and spinach filling was in a disgustingly salty brine sauce. - mushroom pizza had terrible chewy crust which was difficult to chew (I am under 40 so not a dental issue). - beet salad was good but good enough for two and came in a big bowl. Again portion description was misleading. - ambience was not great but entertaining for watching the self absorbed old but well heeled nouveau rich crowd.
- OutstandingTravelingFoodJunkieDined on 5/5/2014Went for anniversary. Amazing food. Great wine. Will be going back. Recommending for friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2014Bucaan does not disappoint - enjoyed fresh oysters, steak tartare, baby kale salad, and lobster fettucine. Desserts were not as fabulous as the rest of the meal, but after we shared a bottle of wine, it just wasn't that important!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very active scenececeVIPDined on 4/24/2014service was very friendly and attentive. food was ceviche app had excellent nuisances, scallops main course average. very group oriented, meetup kind of place would go againSpecial Features:
- Love Buccan!FoodloverVIPDined on 4/24/2014Food was outstanding, as it always is!!! Service was excellent too! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scmcdVIPDined on 4/21/2014The most marvelous food! The most caring service!Special Features:
- Never disappointedChslvrDined on 4/21/2014The absolute best place on"the island". Buccan keeps the menu interesting and people watching can't be beat. And if sushi is your thing, Right next door is for you.Special Features:
- The Best we Had in Palm Beachdinegirl1Dined on 4/21/2014I am always looking for food that lives up to fine dining in NYC. I want the menu to be interesting which means I would want to order many dishes. I want it to be delicious and memorable. Buccan was. The small plates allowed us to share so many dishes and one was better than the rest. The waiter was knowledgeable regarding food and wine and couldn't be more professional and friendly. The restaurant is light and bright and you can feel comfortable dining in dressy shorts or a jacket. I would recommend this restaurant and will and look forward to returning. If we hadn't eaten there on our last night in Palm Springs, we would have gone back for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencerobinesqDined on 4/20/2014We finally got a reservation here at a decent hour (8:00) after trying for a long time. Now I know why Buccan is so busy. The food and service were both excellent. The noise level is high so you have to be prepared for that. We were impressed with the creativity of the dishes and the wine list, which included very good wines by the glass. Our waiter was truly helpful with the menu and attentive throughout. We never felt rushed and occupied the table for over 2 hours on Saturday night. As a group of 4 foodies, our expectations were high, but we all agreed to return again. We just have to make that reservation far in advance !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoldyDined on 4/15/2014Great vibe with a very creative menu. Friendly service and good food. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spot with ice cold serviceDW2810Dined on 4/10/2014Just terrible service. After looking at the menu for a long time, we ordered three things and were nonchalantly told by the server "yeah, we're out of that" - on all three. How about giving us the heads up that you were out of three popular menu items at the outset? Anyway, we ordered more food, none of which was really worth clamoring over and not once did our server bother to check on us or ask if we wanted another glass of wine. The spot is chic and fun and their sushi bar next door is excellent - I would suggest dining there instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spotJMS02043Dined on 4/10/2014What a hot spot! Very cool, casual but chic. The food was great! The burratta salad and seafood were delicious. Great wine list. Love the copper tables the decor was very cool! Highly recommend buccan. Make reservations early as it is definitely one of hottest places to be seen in Palm Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant sceneDebsVIPDined on 4/9/2014Over the top fantastic! Want to try everything! Loved the oysters, squash blossoms and seafood risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Norman!AnnBVIPDined on 4/9/2014Went to celebrate our anniversary and we had Norman as our server. He's the best! The food, as always, was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!NickyVIPDined on 4/8/2014Food was amazing lovrd the tuna and avacsdo and grilled octopus appetizers Can't wait to go back!Special Features: