6480 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reddnapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079442222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Irving (707)944-2222
A word from Redd
REDD, which opened its doors in November 2005, is the first venture from acclaimed Northern California chef Richard Reddington, who offers an updated interpretation of wine country cuisine in a decidedly relaxed environment. REDD reflects the passions of a serious chef who, after 15 years in some of the best kitchens in the United States and Europe, has found the perfect balance of serious food and unpretentious ambiance. "With Redd, I've created the type of restaurant that I like to spend time at--an inviting place that serves creative food and thoughtfully chosen wines in a relaxed, but elegant, contemporary space." Drawing from his classic French and Mediterranean sensibilities, chef Reddington has created a cuisine that combines flavors and textures that match well with local wines. REDD’S menu showcases regionally inspired seasonal selections with ethnic influences. A daily 5 course chef’s tasting menu is also available in addition to the regular menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Redd reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (179)special occasion (130)notable wine list (107)great for outdoor dining (103)romantic (68)great for lunch (60)hot spot (58)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (34)great for brunch (32)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great FoodgcldDined on 7/3/2014The service was great. Our waiter was very professional. There was two of us and we ordered the tasting menu. Between the two of us we got to taste ten different dishes. We unfortunately didn't get to try the tuna tartar due to allergies. My girlfriend loved everything, with the seafood dishes being the standouts. The same went for me, except I didn't enjoy the pork belly and the short rib that came with the steak dish. The pork belly had a strong taste of burdock root, which is something I don't care for. And the short rib was overcooked. The petrale sole and chicken were amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/3/2014Very good food but service was a bit impersonal (but was prompt and professional). Wine list was extensive but overpriced. Receptionist was again very impersonal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats in NapaWashParkFoodie303VIPDined on 6/30/2014This was my first visit to Redd and it will not be my last. The service from beginning to end was top notch. We started with the tuna tartar and rabbit. The tuna had a wonderful balance of favors. The veggies that came with the rabbit were some of these best I've ever had; the freshness was amazing! My main course was duck and it was perfectly cooked to medium rare. The skin was extra crispy. The portion was more than enough for any hearty appetite. As we were halfway through our main course the chef sent over another small plate of steamed pork buns. OMG is the only way I can describe the food orgasam my tounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Delicious!ladyphotogDined on 6/29/2014Visited here for my birthday and I must say I enjoyed every bit of my meal! I have told all my friends--"when you're in Yountville, visit Redd".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul ArizabalMaxfliteVIPDined on 6/27/2014Love returning to this place. Gr8 ambiance and awesome wine list. The wine director Will Sherer was an excellent host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!luv2eatVIPDined on 6/27/2014We tried the fixed prix menu consisting of 5 courses. However, for 2 persons, it turns out to be 10 courses. The food is outstanding, creative, and delicious. The wine pairing was wonderful and complemented the food well. We love this restaurant and cannot wait to go back. Everything is delicious. In my opinion, it is the best restaurant in Yountville.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Wine Country Experiencelive4wineDined on 6/27/2014Redd is an elegant and sophisticated outpost in Napa Valley. It is a restaurant that would compete with the best in NYC or SF for food quality which it combines with a very polished, attentive and yet understated service, which has from the beginning been run by the well-known Napa Valley maitre d'hotel, Guy Rebentisch. The chef/owner Richard Reddington is most likely to found in this kitchen or just a little ways away in his more casual Redd Wood, so the quality never varies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to memorableCourtDined on 6/26/2014Our dinner was not bad but really not anything memorable either. Awesome waiter, though!
- calkentDined on 6/26/2014Outstanding food. Great staff. Nice Architecture. The only negative that I can recount is that it was very noisy in the area that we were seated. I highly recommend REDD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Fed At ReddSarainBendDined on 6/25/2014Three of us wanted to treat our hostess to a special dinner as a thank you for a special 10 days at her house on the Big Island and then a few more nights in San Francisco and Napa. We have been friends for many years and get together once a year. Two of us live in New Jersey and two on the West Coast. We all chose two appetizers for our meal. The yellow fin tuna tartar was fabulous as was the duck confit and the lobster risotto. The tuna was spicy with just enough kick. The combination of tastes in the crispy duck confit played a symphony in the mouth and the lobster risotto with lemon confit burst with creamy flavor. Deserts were to die for. Combine the food with the great service and you have a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014I had an issue with my dinner entree, the waiter apologized, then the manager came over and apologized and took the entree off my bill. Overall I had a good experience at Redd.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyNononoDined on 6/22/2014Wonderful lobster risotto and pork belly. Service was friendly and helpful. Ambience was a bit spare, but at least as good as every other restaurant we've seen in Yountville.I would recommend this to a friend.
- greenVIPDined on 6/22/2014You can never go wrong going to Redd, it's amazing every time!Special Features:
- Wonderful food - Fantastic serviceSmp7Dined on 6/21/2014The best service I've received to date at any restaurant. The dining room lacked a bit of intimacy due to no division of space & wall of windows but was decorated beautifully. Wine list was size able. Informative staff to assist with selections. Food was fantastic and beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Outside Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Great service and delicious food. Enjoy the outside so much because my husband is hearing impaired. We can enjoy wonderful food and have a discussion.Special Features:
- Amazing Set DinnerstancyDined on 6/18/2014We received great service from the waiter and staff. I like that he asked if we wanted to be surprised by the courses or told the full course. Each dish had a delicate balance and we would recommend it to everyone. The restaurant decor is very minimal and pleasing.Special Features:
- Superb lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/18/2014Excellent food, expertly prepared and executed in every way. Pork buns are outstanding as was the hamachi crudo.Can't wait to go back and try dinner next. Clearly, this chef can do no wrong and this place is off the charts! Only comment is that our server could have been a bit more friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Lunch at ReddvelojimDined on 6/16/2014Service was excellent, attentive without hovering. Food was creative, tasty and attractively presented. Outside dining was particularly pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedDiningOutVIPDined on 6/15/2014We selected Redd based on reviews and were very surprised by how underwhelming the food and overall experience was. Our party of 3 enjoys creative, flavorful food and has had recommendable experiences at some other higher-end restaurants in the Napa/Sonoma area including Bottega and Morimoto. Food Review: salad = good but not memorable, hamachi sashimi = recommend, tuna tartare = sent back due to lack of seasoning, dashi soup = requested salt due to lack of seasoning (note: dish needs rethinking overall), and skate wing = not memorable. Service Review: sommelier's recommendations were average to poor pairings, server was not phased by the table requesting salt and manager was apologetic and noted the Michelin star loss.
- Consistently Wonderful!NapaGirlVIPDined on 6/15/2014Redd never disappoints. Food, service, wine and atmosphere are all consistently excellent, the ultimate wine country experience, time after time. Father's Day, with a large car show going on nearby, Redd was very busy. We arrived at noon, two dogs in tow, asking for one of our usual patio tables. Although we had a res, they can't always guarantee patio. Alas, all the outdoor tables were occupied and the wait looked long. Husband's car was in the show and he had only a short time for lunch. The manager was terrific; offered us complimentary drinks while we waited and found us a shady patio table in just 10 minutes. Redd is a superb restaurant by any standard.Special Features:
- One of the very best in the areaLuvtodineatReddsVIPDined on 6/15/2014As good as it gets. Only complaint we had was they did not want to give you bread. When requested for additional bread she brought out one little piece for me and nothing for my wife. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2014Great dinner spot in Napa. We enjoyed perfect service and tasty food. It was a nice way to end off our trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningJeihriDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary, having read many of the reviews I knew to order tuna tartare, it was excellent as well as the skate which was also quit good. Both dishes had complex flavors and excellent presentation. We brought a few bottles of wine with us, being local to Napa, we expected a corkage fee, 25 was about standard, but given the challenges he had opening the bottle and destroying the cork, I was surprised they still added it. My wive chose the beef dish, the short ribs were good, but the rest of the dish lacked much flavor. The desert menu was interesting, but nothing that enticed us to stay. We sat in the patio and the service was excellent. A very nice evening together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamthewineguyVIPDined on 6/12/2014It has been awhile and we were reminded again just how outstanding the cuisine and entire dining experience can be at Redd. The salads and soup is always great, the pork belly dish is the finest anywhere, and the scallop dish sets a standard that other restaurants can only aspire to reach but never do. The service is friendly, professional, and flawless. We will define lay be back more often in the future. Whether you bring a special bottle from home or order from their wine list, the stemware is always perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodCMCformeDined on 6/11/2014The food was fantastic! So perfectly seasoned every bite was wonderful. We shared the Shrimp Thai salad and every bite was gone. Then we split the Chicken with Asparagus and Pork Sandwich with Onion Rings and both were so delicious we could not stop eating way past full. We loved the setting. The big complaint we have while the staff was very friendly it took a very long time before our waitperson appeared to take our order and then a very long time to get just the salad. They were good about keeping our water glasses full and taking away dirty plates. I would recommend the food to everyone but tell them to be patient because it could be a long lunch of waiting. I want to give five stars but the service prevents me from doing so.Special Features:
- Incredible DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014I'm always asked as a bartender in the valley where to eat and I'm glad one of my top picks is always Redd. Richard never fails to impress! Went with a few friends in the industry for a farewell dinner and after 11 dishes and 3 desserts, I can honestly say that this was in my top 3 meals of the year, so far! The pork belly is to die for, either as a stand alone or as his take on the bao bun. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as beforedinerrevDined on 6/7/2014loved the food at REDD when we came 2.5 years ago, however the food was not as good in terms of freshness and flavor this time around. dining area by front entrance too warm, AC needed to be turned up and many flies flying around the dining room.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The scallops were amazing! Very friendly waiters. The food took a bit long to come out, but no worries.Special Features:
- Great service, interesting dishes.AngiebDined on 6/5/2014The service here was outstanding. The waiter was thorough in explaining the interesting, well thought-out dishes. My pork was somewhat tough, however, so I could not give it 5 stars. My husband loved the skate dish. The cocktails were good but expensive and were served in a tiny glass with a huge ice cube. Overall, a pretty expensive meal. The décor is sparse and stark. The fountain out front was broken so that did not give me a good first impression.Special Features:
- Exquisite dining experienceAmyHVIPDined on 6/5/2014Everything was as close to perfect as possible - great cocktail to begin, scrumptious appetizers, and wonderful flavor combinations paired with terrific wine. The portions were perfect and the pacing of the meal was very relaxed. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Fine dining in a pleasant settingJamie13Dined on 6/4/2014This is one fine restaurant, everything was pleasing - food, service, environment. The chef obviously knows sauces and ingredient combinations, every entree and salad were special. This is a restaurant I could frequent once a week! My wife was equally impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsf88Dined on 6/4/2014Celebrated my Birthday with my husband. Had tasting menu, was awesome, service is excellent. Highly recommend for dinner.Special Features:
- Simple and sweetUnderparDined on 6/4/2014The food was satisfying & comforting. Very relaxed atmospher where you & you "girlfriends" could go. the patio area was quaint and fun. the cleanliness was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!!JBellevueDined on 6/3/2014We decided to go with the tasting menu and the wine pairings, which was a great decision! My husband and I both got different courses, and they were great about accommodating any food allergies. It was hard getting different food though, because only one person got to have the pork belly, which was absolutely delicious. Will definitely have to go again next time we are in Yountville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElaineDined on 6/2/2014Appetizers were great and complimentary chicken wings outstanding but my fish sole and scallops not enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2963 reviews are from the Redd reviews archive.
- Excellent food, excellent serviceJarmiDined on 6/1/2014We had a great dinner in this place, the food was delicious - trout potato salad to start, scallops to follow. Our waiter was very pleasant. Overally a great experience, even our local friends remained impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingChrisVIPDined on 5/31/2014Three visits and Redd continues to impress. Perfect execution of all courses. Attentive and very professional service. Wonderful evening from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inexpensive Quality foodQuebeyDined on 5/31/2014Stopped by for a quick lunch. The foods and service are up to their Michelin one star rating. The dip sauce for calamari is a little over soured in my opinion but it makes my beer tasty so I guess some of the flavor of the food is for wine pairing. Only downside is the tables are close to each other so probably not suitable for a romantic date when the place is full. However the price pretty much justify everything as most entree are under $30. In sum, I think Redd is a nice place to go with people you know for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor decor fell shortsmandalDined on 5/29/2014First of all, the food was fantastic! The beef was slightly under seasoned, but for the 5 course tasting menu (10 different dishes); 1 out of the the 10 is not bad at all. Great tasting food is always the most important and this hit the spot. Second, the outdoor decor fell short; for the high end restaurant this was, the feeling felt 'cheap', the chairs looked like high end IKEA, and it felt cold, not warm and cozy like the inside. It was our 10th wedding anniversary, with that being said maybe I was expecting a little more from them; so for special occasions, they do not do anything, so do no expecting anything. Should they have, yes, like most other restaurants.
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 5/26/2014Enjoyed chef's 5 course tasting menu with wine pairing, a cup of cappuccino. They were absolutely worthy. You must try them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.