6480 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reddnapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079442222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Irving (707)944-2222
A word from Redd
REDD, which opened its doors in November 2005, is the first venture from acclaimed Northern California chef Richard Reddington, who offers an updated interpretation of wine country cuisine in a decidedly relaxed environment. REDD reflects the passions of a serious chef who, after 15 years in some of the best kitchens in the United States and Europe, has found the perfect balance of serious food and unpretentious ambiance. "With Redd, I've created the type of restaurant that I like to spend time at--an inviting place that serves creative food and thoughtfully chosen wines in a relaxed, but elegant, contemporary space." Drawing from his classic French and Mediterranean sensibilities, chef Reddington has created a cuisine that combines flavors and textures that match well with local wines. REDD’S menu showcases regionally inspired seasonal selections with ethnic influences. A daily 5 course chef’s tasting menu is also available in addition to the regular menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Redd reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (186)special occasion (127)notable wine list (109)great for outdoor dining (103)romantic (70)neighborhood gem (63)great for lunch (63)hot spot (61)good for groups (38)great for brunch (29)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great!GuillermoMDined on 7/24/2014We arrived, had to wait a little after seated. The waiter was very helpful. The food was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised!LovePerfectionVIPDined on 7/23/2014Usually when a restaurant is hyped up I'm disappointed. But not in this case. Food was great, service good, and ambiance was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On my top 5 list in NapaMichelinStarHunterVIPDined on 7/21/2014Redd continues to be in my top 5 list of places to go within the entire Napa foodie scene! I come here for 1st class food without the pretentious attitude: you could be yourself, relax, and have a michelin meal. Their short ribs are now famous and are a must have. My only complaint is that I arrived at 5:29 PM, 1st guest to arrive, and the MC (as friendly as she was) told me they don't do seating until 5:30. ONE MINUTE TO GO!!!! Give me a break! So, I had to wait 40 secs. Then, a couple walks in, goes right to the desk and the MC seats them before me. Not very professional.Special Features:
- Great food and fantastic servicemickonrunVIPDined on 7/19/2014Chef's choices on the menu were outstanding. Some eclectic and some common. Something for everyone. On the night we were there, there was "skate wing" and tempura fried zucchini flowers with peppers. There were good seafood choices as well as beef. The bar drinks were creative and they have a "cool" selection of vodkas and bourbons. We originally reserved our table for 5 people and added 2 more which caused us to have to dine earlier but they let us stay as long as we wished and the place was pretty crowded the whole time. Definitely would return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night SpecialDGB289VIPDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I were driving up to Napa for a relaxing weekend. After getting caught in traffic, we were on 29 near Yountville and used my OpenTable mobile app to get an early reservation. It was our first visit. The service was wonderful; our server and the sommelier were knowledgeable, friendly and made great recommendations. The ingredient freshness, flavors, recipes are special. My pork tenderloin was perfectly prepared. The sommelier recommended a Hirsch San Andreas Fault Pinot that complimented the dish wonderfully. The sorbet dessert was a a refreshing finish. Dinner at Redd was a great way to spend a Friday early evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this place!CharskiDined on 7/17/2014Wonderful dinner. Top spot in Napa Valley. Make your reservations early - don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting Menu GemTampaTravellerDined on 7/17/2014The tasting menu is highly recommended. Each course was of top quality and very well presented and served. The first two courses were among the best I've ever had in my 60+ years. This restaurant was rated by at least half of our group as the best of the four we tried.Special Features:
- Superb DinnerFlexTableDined on 7/17/2014The three of us chose the wine paring menu and it was great all the way. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and the overall experience was one to remember. The presentation was outstanding and the servers and staff gave us all the attention that was necessary and more. We will certainly return as this is a very special place for us.Special Features:
- woodmanVIPDined on 7/16/2014For the past four years my wife and I have visited the Yountville area for four days in July and made dinner at Redd a top priority. During our four night stay, two are at Redd. Considering the other restaurants in the area, that's how highly we rate the Redd experience. Devon, the hostess, starts a special night by greeting us by name as we enter. How can she remember us? In our two meals we reveled in scallops with caramelized cauliflower , tomato soup with a melt in your mouth grilled fresh mozzarella/basil sandwich, petrale sole with clams, risotto with lobster, and grilled halibut. As I write this I want to go back for another meal. Can't wait until next year.Special Features:
- Favorite meal in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/14/2014The meal was delicious and service attentive. We were nervous about service after some reviews here but it was fine. Order the lobster risotto. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/11/2014Way better than expected. Everyone said it was great, but I still doubted...and I shouldn't have. This place is fantastic from food to service. Do not miss this if in the area!!Special Features:
- Fabulous!FindlayFoodieDined on 7/11/2014Everything about our time at Redd was wonderful. Our server, Lonnie, was polite, friendly and very attentive. The Ahi Tuna And pork belly appetizers were yummy, as were the scallops and mushroom risotto. We shared the chocolate banana cake with salted caramel ice cream and caramelized bananas for dessert - terrific! Redd is a must if you are visiting the area. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceLCH1Dined on 7/10/2014We have rarely had such bad service. The waiter repeatedly apologized because he knew he kept forgetting us. There was a table he seemed to be fawning over so obviously they were someone important but I was a paying customer and treated like I was invisible.I would like to think this is not the norm and just a one time thing but with so many other great restaurants in Yountville I won't try this one again. Reddingtons other restaurant Reddwood is great and great service. We ate breakfast there everyday of our stay and is my favorite breakfast in the area. the breakfast sandwich is awesome and the oatmeal is nice for something lighter. My husband gets the omelet and loves it also.Special Features:
- Great food and servicewonderamaDined on 7/6/2014Food was amazing. Especially liked the Yellowfin tuna tartare, Caramelized diver scallops, and the brown butter panna cotta with sorbet. Wasn't as wowed by the duck confit with lentils. Well staffed and with attentive service. Clean, minimalist restaurant design, yet warm and not stuffy.Special Features:
- Food not wineNewintownDined on 7/3/2014Food was excellent, service not so great. Wine list was disappointing for those without huge wallets. Surprising given all the great affordable but good wines in Napa and Sonoma!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd is Tops!DrRevenueVIPDined on 7/3/2014Once again we were delighted with Redd. The cuisine is very sophisticated and excellent. The waiter, Ryan, did a great job. He is very experienced and very nice. The Sommelier is a top professional and was very helpful. Over-all--we will always make a plan to visit Redd when in Yountville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodgcldDined on 7/3/2014The service was great. Our waiter was very professional. There was two of us and we ordered the tasting menu. Between the two of us we got to taste ten different dishes. We unfortunately didn't get to try the tuna tartar due to allergies. My girlfriend loved everything, with the seafood dishes being the standouts. The same went for me, except I didn't enjoy the pork belly and the short rib that came with the steak dish. The pork belly had a strong taste of burdock root, which is something I don't care for. And the short rib was overcooked. The petrale sole and chicken were amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/3/2014Very good food but service was a bit impersonal (but was prompt and professional). Wine list was extensive but overpriced. Receptionist was again very impersonal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats in NapaWashParkFoodie303VIPDined on 6/30/2014This was my first visit to Redd and it will not be my last. The service from beginning to end was top notch. We started with the tuna tartar and rabbit. The tuna had a wonderful balance of favors. The veggies that came with the rabbit were some of these best I've ever had; the freshness was amazing! My main course was duck and it was perfectly cooked to medium rare. The skin was extra crispy. The portion was more than enough for any hearty appetite. As we were halfway through our main course the chef sent over another small plate of steamed pork buns. OMG is the only way I can describe the food orgasam my tounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Delicious!ladyphotogDined on 6/29/2014Visited here for my birthday and I must say I enjoyed every bit of my meal! I have told all my friends--"when you're in Yountville, visit Redd".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul ArizabalMaxfliteVIPDined on 6/27/2014Love returning to this place. Gr8 ambiance and awesome wine list. The wine director Will Sherer was an excellent host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!luv2eatVIPDined on 6/27/2014We tried the fixed prix menu consisting of 5 courses. However, for 2 persons, it turns out to be 10 courses. The food is outstanding, creative, and delicious. The wine pairing was wonderful and complemented the food well. We love this restaurant and cannot wait to go back. Everything is delicious. In my opinion, it is the best restaurant in Yountville.Special Features:
- Phenomenal Wine Country Experiencelive4wineDined on 6/27/2014Redd is an elegant and sophisticated outpost in Napa Valley. It is a restaurant that would compete with the best in NYC or SF for food quality which it combines with a very polished, attentive and yet understated service, which has from the beginning been run by the well-known Napa Valley maitre d'hotel, Guy Rebentisch. The chef/owner Richard Reddington is most likely to found in this kitchen or just a little ways away in his more casual Redd Wood, so the quality never varies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to memorableCourtDined on 6/26/2014Our dinner was not bad but really not anything memorable either. Awesome waiter, though!
- calkentVIPDined on 6/26/2014Outstanding food. Great staff. Nice Architecture. The only negative that I can recount is that it was very noisy in the area that we were seated. I highly recommend REDD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Fed At ReddSarainBendDined on 6/25/2014Three of us wanted to treat our hostess to a special dinner as a thank you for a special 10 days at her house on the Big Island and then a few more nights in San Francisco and Napa. We have been friends for many years and get together once a year. Two of us live in New Jersey and two on the West Coast. We all chose two appetizers for our meal. The yellow fin tuna tartar was fabulous as was the duck confit and the lobster risotto. The tuna was spicy with just enough kick. The combination of tastes in the crispy duck confit played a symphony in the mouth and the lobster risotto with lemon confit burst with creamy flavor. Deserts were to die for. Combine the food with the great service and you have a perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014I had an issue with my dinner entree, the waiter apologized, then the manager came over and apologized and took the entree off my bill. Overall I had a good experience at Redd.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyNononoDined on 6/22/2014Wonderful lobster risotto and pork belly. Service was friendly and helpful. Ambience was a bit spare, but at least as good as every other restaurant we've seen in Yountville.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2986 reviews are from the Redd reviews archive.
- greenVIPDined on 6/22/2014You can never go wrong going to Redd, it's amazing every time!Special Features:
- Wonderful food - Fantastic serviceSmp7Dined on 6/21/2014The best service I've received to date at any restaurant. The dining room lacked a bit of intimacy due to no division of space & wall of windows but was decorated beautifully. Wine list was size able. Informative staff to assist with selections. Food was fantastic and beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Outside Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Great service and delicious food. Enjoy the outside so much because my husband is hearing impaired. We can enjoy wonderful food and have a discussion.Special Features:
- Amazing Set DinnerstancyDined on 6/18/2014We received great service from the waiter and staff. I like that he asked if we wanted to be surprised by the courses or told the full course. Each dish had a delicate balance and we would recommend it to everyone. The restaurant decor is very minimal and pleasing.Special Features:
- Superb lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/18/2014Excellent food, expertly prepared and executed in every way. Pork buns are outstanding as was the hamachi crudo.Can't wait to go back and try dinner next. Clearly, this chef can do no wrong and this place is off the charts! Only comment is that our server could have been a bit more friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Lunch at ReddvelojimDined on 6/16/2014Service was excellent, attentive without hovering. Food was creative, tasty and attractively presented. Outside dining was particularly pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedDiningOutVIPDined on 6/15/2014We selected Redd based on reviews and were very surprised by how underwhelming the food and overall experience was. Our party of 3 enjoys creative, flavorful food and has had recommendable experiences at some other higher-end restaurants in the Napa/Sonoma area including Bottega and Morimoto. Food Review: salad = good but not memorable, hamachi sashimi = recommend, tuna tartare = sent back due to lack of seasoning, dashi soup = requested salt due to lack of seasoning (note: dish needs rethinking overall), and skate wing = not memorable. Service Review: sommelier's recommendations were average to poor pairings, server was not phased by the table requesting salt and manager was apologetic and noted the Michelin star loss.
- Consistently Wonderful!NapaGirlVIPDined on 6/15/2014Redd never disappoints. Food, service, wine and atmosphere are all consistently excellent, the ultimate wine country experience, time after time. Father's Day, with a large car show going on nearby, Redd was very busy. We arrived at noon, two dogs in tow, asking for one of our usual patio tables. Although we had a res, they can't always guarantee patio. Alas, all the outdoor tables were occupied and the wait looked long. Husband's car was in the show and he had only a short time for lunch. The manager was terrific; offered us complimentary drinks while we waited and found us a shady patio table in just 10 minutes. Redd is a superb restaurant by any standard.Special Features:
- One of the very best in the areaLuvtodineatReddsVIPDined on 6/15/2014As good as it gets. Only complaint we had was they did not want to give you bread. When requested for additional bread she brought out one little piece for me and nothing for my wife. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2014Great dinner spot in Napa. We enjoyed perfect service and tasty food. It was a nice way to end off our trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningJeihriDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary, having read many of the reviews I knew to order tuna tartare, it was excellent as well as the skate which was also quit good. Both dishes had complex flavors and excellent presentation. We brought a few bottles of wine with us, being local to Napa, we expected a corkage fee, 25 was about standard, but given the challenges he had opening the bottle and destroying the cork, I was surprised they still added it. My wive chose the beef dish, the short ribs were good, but the rest of the dish lacked much flavor. The desert menu was interesting, but nothing that enticed us to stay. We sat in the patio and the service was excellent. A very nice evening together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamthewineguyVIPDined on 6/12/2014It has been awhile and we were reminded again just how outstanding the cuisine and entire dining experience can be at Redd. The salads and soup is always great, the pork belly dish is the finest anywhere, and the scallop dish sets a standard that other restaurants can only aspire to reach but never do. The service is friendly, professional, and flawless. We will define lay be back more often in the future. Whether you bring a special bottle from home or order from their wine list, the stemware is always perfect.Special Features: