6480 Washington St
Yountville, CA 94599Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reddnapavalley.com/
- Phone: 7079442222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Reddington
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Irving (707)944-2222
A word from Redd
REDD, which opened its doors in November 2005, is the first venture from acclaimed Northern California chef Richard Reddington, who offers an updated interpretation of wine country cuisine in a decidedly relaxed environment. REDD reflects the passions of a serious chef who, after 15 years in some of the best kitchens in the United States and Europe, has found the perfect balance of serious food and unpretentious ambiance. "With Redd, I've created the type of restaurant that I like to spend time at--an inviting place that serves creative food and thoughtfully chosen wines in a relaxed, but elegant, contemporary space." Drawing from his classic French and Mediterranean sensibilities, chef Reddington has created a cuisine that combines flavors and textures that match well with local wines. REDD’S menu showcases regionally inspired seasonal selections with ethnic influences. A daily 5 course chef’s tasting menu is also available in addition to the regular menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Redd reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (187)special occasion (130)notable wine list (111)great for outdoor dining (103)romantic (72)great for lunch (65)hot spot (64)neighborhood gem (63)good for groups (40)great for brunch (31)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Royal ReddNeedlesDined on 8/28/2014Yountville is a real foodie town and I think Redd is probably at the top of the list and deserves any accolades going! The tasting menu is five courses and as we were two, we were presented with a different dish at each course, so we in fact tasted ten different dishes-amazing. Service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinnerjulesd123Dined on 8/26/2014We had a great meal at Redd this week. Food was very well done. Service was also helpful, yet not overdone. There was a little extra noise only because we were on the outside patio and there was some road noise here and there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs tasting is fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014We absolutely loved this chefs tasting dinner and wine pairing. We each received 5 courses with different wine pairings which allowed us to taste 10 when we shared. Talented chef and sommelier made this a very memorable dinner.Special Features:
- amazing food and servicestressed14Dined on 8/25/2014we have eaten here several times, and every time, I love it more. the food is so fresh and playful. it's so beautiful! the service is always outstanding. Paul was our server this time and he was great, without being overbearing! I would highly recommend it, and it doesn't break the bank like some places around there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STELLAR TASTES / TEXTURES & SERVICEFoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 8/23/2014Chef / Owner Richard Reddington has worked at Michelin 3-star restaurants (Daniel in N.Y.; L'Arpege & Le Moulin de Mougins in France) * Spago in Beverly Hills * Jardiniere in S.F. * Executive Chef at Auberge du Soleil and it goes on & on. We chose the Chef's Tasting Menu. This consists of five courses for $80, with wine pairings it's $125. Some of the Chef's selections included Yellowfin Tuna Tartare * Caramelized Diver Scallops * Lamb * Pork Belly * Short Ribs * Petrale Sole and great desserts. We both received a different selection for the five courses, so it was nice to trade plates half way through each course (so we each had 10 tastes / textures) !!! Our server (and waitstaff) were on their game, upbeat, fun and knew their product.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible meal in every way!Napa123VIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant in wonderful. The service and ambiance are both perfect but the food is incredible! Complex and unique dishes that are executed masterfully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I ordered the NY Steak. I wanted a steak, but instead got just a few slices of a steak, and hardly more than one bite of a short rib. The plate came with an onion sauce that had very little flavor. My dish was served luke warm. I was very disappointed with my meal. My wife got a risotto dish and she enjoyed it. For a highly recommended place, I was disappointed. Our waiter and the service, in general, was very good.
- abbvABBVDined on 8/22/2014Unlike other dining experiences, it lacked the warmth and genuine welcoming upon checking in. Table service was excellent, ambience was moderately sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SWOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014There are not enough washrooms in this restaurant. During our visit, one of the washrooms was our of order, leaving only one working for the entire restaurant. We spent at least a half hour of our time waiting in a lineup for the restrooms. Other than that the experience was great. The food is outstanding, the service was slow, but friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/16/2014Interesting menu, and good choices, plus a wonderful wine menu. We were all very satisfied with our entrees, except for he desserts. The choices are the weakest on the menu, plus the coffee also was served cold. While service was quite good, it was rushed and lacked finesse.eg: Seemed like our waiter wanted to turn the table ASAP. Not cool in this quality of restaurant. We were also missing some silverware pieces when food was being served, that we had to ask for. All small things, but overall it mounts to a lack of training, and not expected in this caliber of restaurant....Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant in Yountville!WendyDined on 8/16/2014Everything we had here was amazing! Two of us had the duck breast and I had the New York steak/short rib dish. Both were superbly cooked and very delicious. Top notch service too.Special Features:
- Wow!WeBgrubbinDined on 8/16/2014High end dining with casual dress code and great atmosphere. Phenomenal service! Thank you REDD for an amazing anniversary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceMcl18Dined on 8/15/2014We loved the small menu that had something for both myself and boyfriend - a tad hard to find a good affordable wine, but the sommelier was very helpful and didn't push something pricy on us which was super appreciated! Overall very nice, a bit lacking in decor but I would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Our party of four dined outside for lunch. We all chose the five course option, which turned out to be an excellent choice. Instead of each of us getting the same dish, the chef prepared separate dishes for each pair of us. The food, service, wine, and Napa setting made for a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 stars, not 5OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/14/2014Not sure I can find the right words to describe, the lunchtime food and service were fairly good, but overall both just seemed almost "tired" - not as "exciting" as the prices and hype, nor on par with my previous experiences there. Don't want to damn with faint praise as it was still in the top 20% or so of places where I have had lunch, but not in the top tier.
- GREAT PLACE!!!CharlyVIPDined on 8/11/2014We will be back next time we are in town!!! Everything was perfect and we loved the food and setting!!!Special Features:
- Excellect food!GEF1Dined on 8/11/2014Food was excellent and cooked perfectly. However, the service was very rushed that evening for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous foodluv2eatVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food at Redd is constantly amazing. Whenever I have a reason to be in the Napa area, I always try to eat at Redd. This time I had the scallops with cauliflower which was incredible.Special Features:
- Our Return to ReddLosFelizNatvDined on 8/9/2014We were so enamored of Redd after a fantastic Valentine's Day lunch that we vowed to return there for dinner next time we were in the Napa Valley. We were ushered to a great table as soon as we arrived for our 6:45 reservations. The first course of diver scallops for my wife and tempura squash blossoms with blistered padrone peppers for me were both outstanding. The preparation of these dishes allowed the freshness to shine. The second courses of the duck breast and the black stripped bass were also delicious and well-prepared. The chef shows a lot of intelligence in his cooking. The desserts of burnt butter pana cotta and the roasted strawberry ice cream with cheesecake was another example of refined flavors cleverly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lonely dinnerWinepairingDined on 8/8/2014We selected the tasting menu with wine pairing and it was outstanding! The food was delicious and the wine was really good. The service was impeccable and the food and wine descriptions were elaborated. The restaurant was easy to find in Yountville. The only negative thing we have to say is that in order to have a table in this restaurant, we had to reserve almost a month before! This shows how this restaurant is appreciated by customers :)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food we ate in Napaap84Dined on 8/8/2014If you only go to one place for dinner in Napa it should be Redd.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingSFboundDined on 8/8/2014We had lunch at Redd and were a little underwhelmed. The hamachi sashimi was spectacular and I would return just for that dish. However, my shrimp salad was nothing special. Too many noodles and carrots for just three shrimp, and not nearly enough flavor. My friend ordered the smoked trout salad and a scallop dish, both of which she found to be good but not great. Our other friend ordered the lamb meatballs. While she liked them, I did not. To me they had a very strong mutton flavor. I took away one star because I found the service to be slightly inept. While everyone was courteous our waiter didn't have a clue about the wine or the cheeses on offer and had to keep running off to ask someone else. Not very professional.Special Features:
- serviceToddVIPDined on 8/7/2014felt the service staff was not knowledgeable about the food or wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprise!Robert123Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent food with unique spin on some of the classics like the duck confit. Fresh ingredients and nice flavors support the menu offerings. I'm going back for sureSpecial Features:
- LunchKackDined on 8/7/2014Great lunch. Loved the pork belly buns & roasted red pepper soup. Everything was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tasting MenuChenteDined on 8/3/2014Visited Sunday 8/3/14, had Chef Reddington's tasting menu... Wow! The food was beyond delicious, with great portions enough to share for two people. Duck confit & Pork Belly were my favorites. The Wine pairings were spot on, bringing out the best of both worlds. Great value too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysMikev207VIPDined on 8/3/2014Yet another trip to REDD confirms excellence in food, wine and service. I brought visitors on this visit (probably my 10th overall), and it was the same perfection as the first trip. Relaxed, with great wine and superb food, creates a memorable experience - never disappointed at REDD. My thanks to the staff as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd is great for lunch, tooGlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was my second time at Redd, and was as impressed with their lunch as much as with dinner last time. Our food was excellent, especially scallops, but it is our waiter, who made this meal a special experience. Not only she gave wonderful recommendations for wine and food, but also was able to balance entertaining with giving us space to chat and enjoy our lunch. I would absolutely be back and wholeheartedly recommend Redd to all my foodie friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in NapaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Lobster risotto amazing!! Scallops perfect! Tuna tar tar delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine PricesWateronlyDined on 8/2/2014The wine prices and corkage are a deal breaker for me. The food is excellent, but 3 to 4 times retail for wine is an outdated model. Get with it.Special Features:
- The food speaks for itselfFoodsnobDined on 7/31/2014Did the chef tasting. So awesome that they brought my husband and I a different plate for each course. So even though we did the 5 course tasting menu, we got to taste 10 things. Brilliant! Everything was delish! This foodie was very pleased!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redd lives up to its reputationHalsTakeDined on 7/31/2014Excellent wine list. Food was perfectly prepared and its presentation was superb. In fact, my sea scallops looked so good I took a phone-pic and emailed to my colleagues at the office. Service was professional, knowledgeable, and timely. The only thing I didn't care for was the austere decor. Very contemporary and sparse, but that is a personal choice and would not keep me from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014We had the 5 course menu with paired wines and it was superlative!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not hungry and it was still great!doctoraVIPDined on 7/30/2014I went to Redd toward the end of a week that was a food n wine extravaganza. Have you ever had such a week where, toward the end, you're just plain full? U don't even feel like eating anymore? Well that's how my wife n I both felt by the time it was our night at Redd. We would have cancelled but had heard such great things and, being from NY, we just were not sure when we'd get another chance. Despite our condition, Everything was still fabulous. From the sublime seafood risotto through the insane banana chocolate cake. If you love a restaurant when starting stuffed, well that has to be a pretty special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMariDined on 7/29/2014Service good but nothing to brag about....atmosphere ok. But food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yountville GemFood4MeVIPDined on 7/29/2014Redd stands up to the high caliber restaurants in Yountville. Great dining experience! I recommend the food tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Summer Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/28/2014We had a perfect outdoor evening meal at Redds. The summer salad was delicious and refreshing - full of summer goodness. I had lobster risotto and my friend enjoyed a pork loin. The wine list was amazing and service attentive yet not obtrusive. We will definitely make this a return restaurant for our next wine country visit. Thank you!Special Features:
- Just Gets BetterHeisenbergVIPDined on 7/26/2014This is our third visit to Redd's and it was the best yet. Food is consistently Great and the Location puts you in the middle of Yountvill's Cullinary Mecca But, it can get a little noisy when everyone is enjoying their wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GuillermoMDined on 7/24/2014We arrived, had to wait a little after seated. The waiter was very helpful. The food was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised!LovePerfectionVIPDined on 7/23/2014Usually when a restaurant is hyped up I'm disappointed. But not in this case. Food was great, service good, and ambiance was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.