PAIRINGS palate + plate
10 Walnut Ave
Cranford, NJ 07016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
PAIRINGS palate + plate
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pairingscranford.com/
- Phone: 9082764026x
- Hours of Operation:
PAIRINGS is a causal fine dining experience and BYOW.(We'll uncork and pour the first glass...)
Wednesday Night: Four Course Prix Fixe Menu 5:30 to 9:00 pm
(courses: appetizer + handmade pasta + main + dessert)
Thursday Night: Tapas Thursday + Regular Dinner Menu 5.30pm to 10:00 pm
Fri 5.30pm to 11:00 pm
Sat 5.30pm to 11.00 pm RESERVATIONS SUGGESTED
Sun 5.00pm to 9.00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carol Murphy Clyne
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: PAIRINGS palate+plate offers on-site private (25 to 100) and semi-private (8 to 15) party dining.
- Private Party Contact: Carol Murphy Clyne, executive chef/owner 9082764026x
- Entertainment: Stay updated on our menu, events & cookbook launch party by following us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pairingscranford.
We also offer onsite private parties for up to 100 people, customized cooking classes & corporate team building events.
Bring Your Own Wine (BYOW)
- Special Events: Join us Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday Nights to enjoy our daily amuse-bouche, intermezzo palate cleanser and a finale of a sweet treat from the chef, complimentary.
Wednesday Night Four Course Tasting Menu http://www.pairingscranford.com/files/prix_fix_dinner_menu.pdf
- Cross Street: For GPS use 10 Walnut Ave - Corner of South Ave East and Walnut Ave.
- Public Transit: NJ Transit: Bus and Train (Raritan Valley Line) RR Station in Cranford town center across the street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: 300 space parking deck steps away, free after 6pm and all day on Sun.
To go to the parking deck, after you turn under the railroad underpass onto N Union Ave, make a quick right turn into the parking garage. Come out of the garage, the same side you drove in, and walk down the lane directly ahead of you (behind the Cranford Hotel.) We are immediately on your right at the end of the lane.
There is also lots of street parking, free after 6 pm and all day Sun.
A word from PAIRINGS palate + plate
PAIRINGS brings together globally inspired cooking, local and sustainable practices and the comfort of grandma's recipes. All of our breads and pastas, all of our stocks and sauces, all of our desserts and ice creams are made from scratch here in our Cranford kitchen. Our plates, which change based on seasonal availability, extend from gourmet to comfort. Each ingredient is strategically paired to intrigue and invigorate, to stimulate and satisfy: sweet with savory, crunchy with creamy, spicy with tangy. Just-baked breads and desserts, freshly rolled pastas, slowly braised meats, à la minute sautéed seafood and ice creams churned daily, leave no palate untingled.Continued
Indulge the senses, embrace the seasons,share the joy.
Food celebrating togetherness.
Indulge the senses, embrace the seasons,share the joy.
Food celebrating togetherness.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
PAIRINGS palate + plate - Best Restaurants in Cranford ›
PAIRINGS palate + plate reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)special occasion (87)neighborhood gem (73)romantic (73)good for groups (38)hot spot (16)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Pairing delivers as usualLauredDined on 4/27/2014This was probably my 5th or 6th time at pairings but my boyfriends first. We were celebrating our 5th anniversary and wanted to have a very special meal. Both of us are in the culinary industry and I was dieing for him to give this place a try. Everything at pairing is consistently perfect. The staff is friendly and attentive always making you feel that they are happy to have you unlike at some other high end restaurants. They prepare everything fresh in house from the amazing dinner rolls to the delicious ice creams and sorbet or "palette cleanser". We shared the crab cakes and they were delicious I would usually never eat crab cakes but knew they were worth trying here. Even though we were so full we had to have dessert. Perfect as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyNjoyableDined on 4/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience. The menu was interesting. The staff were friendly and service excellent. We would all go back. We sat at the love seat table which made the evening even more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't wait to go backNJWineGuyDined on 4/26/2014What an amazing experience! I'm not one for decor, but the place is very nicely designed, and very inviting even though it has a modern look at feel. The tables are perfectly spaced apart too. Even though we were there on a Saturday at prime time, we never felt like we were sitting on top of everyone. Amazingly, we never had to shout to one another across the table to be heard too, you only had to speak at a normal volume, which was remarkable for such a busy place. The food was outstanding. The Yellow fin Tuna was so sweet, it was like candy. My only complaints were the seats were quite hard, and could us a cushion, and the wine glasses were substandard for the wines we brought, but globally, they were fine. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!PatsyDined on 4/23/2014Such a gift to find this lovely restaurant! The food is outstanding, the atmosphere and decor beautiful. Great place for vegetarians and gluten free diets as those items are plentiful and clearly designated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DiningNandWDined on 4/18/2014Dining at Pairings is always a special event! The food is exciting and delicious, the wait staff is personable and attentive, and the owners are warm and oversee every detail! It makes for a memorable evening, whether dining for 2 or a group of 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningNarfDined on 4/18/2014The food goes above and beyond the ordinary fare. The ingredients included in everything from the appetizers to desserts are unusual. Even the sherbet used to cleanse the palate is infused with basil. Servers are friendly and knowledgeable. The owners are warm and welcoming. It is pricey but at least you feel that the cuisine is worth it!Special Features:
- OutstandingJackGDined on 4/18/2014Has always been one of my favorites. The food is always outstanding and creative. The service is not only professional and knowledgeable, but always friendly.Special Features:
- So glad we came backLUVDINNINGOUTDined on 4/17/2014Our first couple of experiences when first open were not to our liking. This most recent visit exceeded our expectations. We will be regulars from now on. A superb dinning experience, BRAVO!Special Features:
- Love this place. One of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014Love this place. One of our favorites and it never disappoints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS GREATKatieVIPDined on 4/12/2014This was my 3rd time at Parings and it was great. It is a hike from where I live, but really is worth the drive. The food is a level above and more sophisticated than most places in the NYC suburban area. Waiters are lovely, great decor and nice as a romantic spot or in a group.Special Features:
- enjoyable dinnerLockyDined on 4/6/2014When you arrive you are greeting by a warm welcome. The setting has a NYC feel among a backdrop of a charming small town. The burgundy braised short ribs were very tender and the seaford provencale over fresh made fettuccine was delightful. We enjoyed a very nice dinner for our first wedding anniversary. We plan on going back to enjoy the recommended duck dish. Parking is good. Definitely a place to impress someone special.Special Features:
- Another special occasion....anotherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Another special occasion....another great dining experience!Special Features:
- Because we alays have a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/5/2014Because we alays have a very good dining experience at Pairings we are there fairly regularly.Special Features:
- Great time, yet again.AnnieoVIPDined on 4/5/2014Impromptu opportunity for a small family dinner arose and unanimously "Pairings" was chosen as the location. Lack of planning time put us into the 5:30 time slot, and yet it still didn't disappoint. The service was stellar, the food "to die for", and the atmosphere made the earlier dine still sophisticated. Another Great Time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great again!marshDined on 4/2/2014The attention to detail at Pairings is wonderful: food, service, atmospheres. We will definitely return again , ZSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindNancyVIPDined on 3/30/2014My husband and I ate at the restaurant on a Sunday night 3/30/14 after finding out about the restaurant from another restaurant named Ursini in NJ which we also love. We love fresh farm to table ingredients and this restaurant did not let us down. Great food and service and the chef seems very creative with the "pairings" of the ingredients on the plate. Will go back very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss eating hereMarkDined on 3/29/2014The service is outstanding, knows just the proper time between course. The only thing better than the service is the food. Plus it is a BYOB so it cuts down on the expense of dinner. Great, great place.Special Features:
- ambitious cuisine in CranfordkjdmdVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was our 3rd or 4th visit to Pairings, and it seems to get better each time. Ambitious dishes impeccably prepared, good service and a nice atmosphere. Our friends who were there for the first time were also impressed. byobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food!zkc100Dined on 3/29/2014We read the great reviews online and decided it was worth the 35 minute drive. After the experience we would say it definitely lived up to all the great reviews. The food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hi end in Cranford.TTKBVIPDined on 3/29/2014Food preparation is outstanding. Service is what you would expect in an upscale restaurant. Ambiance is very pleasant. Go very early if you like to avoid the bustle of this very popular restaurant. Be prepared to pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundlove2eatDined on 3/28/2014First time visiting and we had excellent service and enjoyed fantastic food, perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I AM A PROFESSIONAL HEATH OFFICER.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014IT IS A VERY GOOD PLACE, BUT EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT YOU GET!
- Really good food!PumpkinDined on 3/22/2014We only each had a main - but both were very good. Really nice atmosphere, service was solid - and nice that it's still BYO (despite being an upscale, rather pricey dinner out). Would definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itgoodfoodVIPDined on 3/22/2014An intriguing name and concept. The service was very warm and welcoming, but the food did not live up to expectation. Very high prices for the neighborhood and definitely not worth it .
- A bit pricey, but excellentPantsVIPDined on 3/21/2014A bit pricey, but excellent food and service. Pretty with comfortable seating.Special Features:
- Tapa ThursdaySuehoppDined on 3/20/2014Went for Tapas Thursday - wonderful! Will be back again to have those items that we didn't choose this time. But- will definately get those ribs again. Delicious, falling off the bone - wanted more but had so many other dishes to try. As usual the hosts and serving staff were welcoming and made us feel like we were the only diners there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSLHooDined on 3/14/2014Been here 3 times and has been a great night out with a delicious meal. Everything is so fresh and prepared the way you like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PAIRINGS!!!!! DELIGHTFULsoybeanDined on 3/12/2014My husband and I ate there on the night Pairings had their Pre Fix dinner. It was wonderful BUT it was almost too much food. Not used to eating that much, but everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014A restaurant with a New York feel...beautiful fresh flowers and floor plan that is close, but you can have a conversation at your table without straining. On premise's baked rolls and desserts were delicious, as were the cookies that came with the check. Ribs were amazing-melt in your mouth, fall off the bone fabulous! Eggplant tower was least favorite meal at the table (although it wasn't bad)-others were all just better. Wait staff is friendly, knowledgable, and very helpful! We use it for a special occasion place to go!Special Features:
- We love this place!!! CarolOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/7/2014We love this place!!! Carol and Vinnie are the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great experiencestanDined on 3/6/2014The food was incredible. The wait staff very attentive. the ambiance flawless. My wife and I could not have celebrated our anniversary at a more appropriate and romantic place.Special Features:
- SpecialAnnieoVIPDined on 3/5/2014My company was in town on a Wednesday which put our attendance to a prix fix menu. I went into this assuming there would be some sub par course. Pleasantly we were not disappointed in any turn. The service is always helpful and attentive although you never feel rushed. I recommend this Resturant whenever I'm asked for a Cranford Hot Spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food: 10 / Service: 3funfoodie637Dined on 3/1/2014We were a party of 4 with a 7:30 PM seating on Saturday. My wife and I enjoyed the sesame ginger Ahi tuna tartar appetizer and our grilled lamb sirloin and horseradish crusted salmon entrees were wonderfully delicious, BUT. . . service is definitely sub-par. We enjoy "relaxed dining"; however, the arrival of appetizers took over a half-hour and entrees didn't appear until nearly 50 minutes after appetizer plates were cleared. It appeared that wait staff was not sufficient in number, or not up to the task of handling a nearly-full house of diners. Or, it may be a kitchen deficiency. Either way, the food arrived terribly late. If Pairings gets their service act together, it will be a first-rate dining establishment.Special Features:
- Always SatisfiedBrianDined on 2/28/2014The owners are always very welcoming as you enter the restaurant. The wait staff is always attentive, but not annoying. We always come away with a very satisfied feeling. You never feel rushed. We have never had a poor experience. The food is incredible, always fresh and prepared to perfection. The portions are spot on, if not, just a forkful beyond. Plus, it is BYOB which helps the wallet. Have visited as a couple, with friends and also with our three middle teen children. The menu changes constantly which is refreshing. I would recommend this to anyone. Open table is very simple to use for reserving or canceling a table. Pairings call ahead to confirm your reservation. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!KrisDined on 2/28/2014Always a great experience! Everything made from scratch!Special Features:
- Pairings is wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there Wednesday night. It was a special anniversary $35 four course dinner. The restaurant is beautiful. The food was great! We al loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your ownAdeodatusDined on 2/26/2014Always very good food, nice presentation, attentive service. Reliable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their anniversary dinnerMcMomDined on 2/26/2014Outstanding! Well done and congratulations on three years!Special Features:
- Wow, that was great!RichardBDined on 2/26/2014We tried this place out to celebrate my wife's birthday. It was a wonderful experience. There were many courses; each one excellent. The service was sharp and extremely polite. Portions are on the small side but they offered so many courses (we went on a Prix Fixe night) that you left feeling full. Note: it's a BYOB which helps with the tab. The atmosphere and setting was warm and inviting, the owners very gracious and pleasant. Personally, I had one of the finest pieces of red snapper I've ever had (although it added to the tab on top of the normal PF price, I believe it was worth it). Everything was good. What else can I say? Definitely going back and I definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday Night Four CourseJerryDined on 2/26/2014Goof food and presentation. Courses served a little slow but we were a party of eight. Nice selection of dishes. Everyone enjoyed their selections. The ravoli's were a little hard around the edges. Probably could have used more filling. Nice variety of stuffings. Overall we had a great time and the food and service were great. Would go again, anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.