Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
73-595 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 7608360188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rey Baysa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: call for information
- Entertainment: Live Island Music, call for a schedule
- Special Events: Visit us for Island Time for great deals on appetizer small plates, signature drinks, beer, and wine 4-6pm Seven Days A Week.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (58)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (34)special occasion (33)scenic view (33)fit for foodies (29)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (20)great for brunch (17)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)late-night find (6)Show More
- Tommy'sBabsDined on 3/20/2014Always have good service and good food. When you're there with good friends, it can't be beat.Special Features:
- DeliciousMartyVIPDined on 3/19/2014Always enjoy dinner here. We all had great food, but my friend who had the snapper found it tasteless and lacking flavor. The coconut shrimp appetizer was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency is a good thing!Duffer33Dined on 3/17/2014Tommy Bahama's Palm Desert is a great example of sticking to what you do best and do it well. The coconut shirimp were tasty as usual and the entrees were fresh and well prepared. More notably are the staff. Darryl is an exceptional manager with tales of how Tommy's was started. Kari was a great waitperson with insights to faves on the menu. Overall a great night in the dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingjzygrmaDined on 3/16/2014Great ambiance, outstanding food and presentation, and fun place for friends to get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceozrocksDined on 3/15/2014We loved every thing about this restaurant. The atmosphere was upbeat. The bartender was excellent. We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful evening. Our waiter was very helpful and made our evening very enjoyable. The food is top notch. I give this experience 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Wonderful ExperienceWillDined on 3/15/2014Great food, attentive service, wonderful outdoor seating....have been here several times over the years when visiting the Palm Desert area and each time has been a memoriable experience. The retail store on the first level is fun to shop while waiting for your table to open up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday DinnerIzzyDined on 3/15/2014I booked a reservation to surprise my husband for an early bday dinner. We were seated right away. Our server was very helpful and pleasant. We both enjoyed our meals. We sat outside in the patio area, it was a beautiful evening and there was a acoustic guitar player. It was very sweet and mellow. It was just the right touch for the evening. We will definitely go back when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual dining on the PaseoTravelgirlDined on 3/11/2014We went later in the evening around 9pm for dinner and sat on the giant terrace that overlooks the hills and the downtown Palm Desert area. This town is not a late night town, so the restaurant was pretty quiet when we arrived. Great service by Tiffany. Food was well prepared although the island theme was a stretch for some dishes and seemed contrived. Think finely ground coffee beans as a seasoning for a steak! My Thai shrimp and scallops was just what I would expect with a creamy curry sauce and grilled shrimp and scallops over fragrant rice.Special Features:
- Delicious!LuvyummyeatsDined on 3/10/2014Good food accompanied by great service..perfect combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once A Desert GemRaymisjrVIPDined on 3/10/2014This used to be one of our favorite restaurants in Palm Desert, but over the last ten years the food has gone from outstanding to okay. The patio view and ambiance is outstanding, but the service and food has slipped in recent years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I visit this restaurant everyOnlineukDined on 3/8/2014I visit this restaurant every year and the food is outstanding. I had the ahi and kale salad, fabulous! My only observation to the negative is the decor is new and seemed a little "beige". There were some pillows with color, but the tables especially inside looked a little cafeteria like. I would say though that the outside beige chairs were much more comfortable than the wrought iron ones before. The live music was great, although he finished at about 9:30 on a Saturday night. The cake we shared for dessert was sublime! Will be coming back next year.Special Features:
- Fun Place and good foodAnnemarie39Dined on 3/6/2014We were disappointed with a very Weak vodka and tonic, but everything else was great. I would suggest you bring the vodka separate in a little carafe like you do with the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bliss!FoodAngelVIPDined on 3/5/2014We love this place! It's just the quinticential Palm Desert experience for a lovely lunch! We highly recommend it!
- Tasty dishes but small portions.jmm1Dined on 3/4/2014Tasty dishes but small portions. Drinks rather expensive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningDinneroutisfunDined on 3/1/2014Love the variety of foods-soups were excellent-salads tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gift CertificateSunbakerDined on 2/28/2014We were given a nice gift certificate to Tommy Bahama's in Palm Desert, CA. Off we went with another couple. We arrived early the promptly sat us, encouraged us to get something from the Happy Hour menu prior to ordering our dinner. Great service from both the bar and wait staff. The drinks were good but the food was outstanding, three ordered the fish, I ordered the steak salad. Don't forget the hot bread with dinner. We were too full but understand they have a killer cake for dessert. A good find for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2014as always the food was very good. It is a very consistent restaurant in both excellent service and good food. We were sitting outside on a beautiful night and our waitress was the best. She was very attentive and provided much humor enjoying our conversation a little. I would highly recommend this and we go to this restaurant every time we come in time.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereDiningdivaVIPDined on 2/24/2014I loved this restaurant the last time I was here, so I thought I'd go back. The menu had changed and was a bit limited. A lot of the food is very unique, so I ordered the chicken sandwich. It was excellent, and so was the service.Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday CelebrationRumblerDined on 2/23/2014Our table for 6 was ready on time, on a very busy night. Outstanding waiter, Ricardo, who poured on the special service to our mother, celebrating her 91st birthday. The menu is very diverse, with several choices for every age and appetite. The Thai prawns and scallops were delicious, fish tacos light and well spiced. My mothers salmon was perfectly done. Pricing is very reasonable considering the upscale ambience and great menu selection. Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealPickyMomDined on 2/22/2014We couldn't have been happier. We ate there three times while on vacation. I got the same thing each time, my husband tried three different items. We were both satisfied each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun placeGlenBostonDined on 2/18/2014The food was really good and the service was quite good. A fun atmosphere, including access to the restaurant through the clothing store, and an interesting drink menu. The food menu had some unique selections, including salads, sandwiches, specialty dishes, and full entrees. We had the fish sandwich and the pork sandwich. Both very good. Nice dessert, too - pineapple creme brule.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!ChadDined on 2/17/2014Tommy's is by far one of our favorite restaurants in Palm Desert. In fact we went there 3 time in the last 2 weeks while we were staying in the El Paseo area. Everything was great from food to service to experience. Last Monday February the 17th we went there as a family on our last night before leaving for home. It was like there wasn't even a manager there that night. Our service was so bad I asked our waitress if there was a problem in the restaurant there that night. She did absolutely nothing to make things better and acted completely indifferent. She even dropped a bottle of wine at the table, narrowly missing my wife's foot. Hopefully things can get sorted out properly so this doesn't happen again because we still want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningLuvtheterraceDined on 2/16/2014One of the best in Palm Desert. Delightful outdoor terrace above the landscape of Palm Desert and beyond. Always good food, slightly Asian fusion, interesting seasonings. Rich desserts to die for! Staff friendly and accommodating. Not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A repeat favouriteKenoseelakeDined on 2/16/2014We always return to Tommy's. Good food and great atmosphere. Well located with good parking. Don't forget the excellent store downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbLamaDined on 2/16/2014The Palm Desert location is a great. The late afternoon was beautiful and we were seated outside on the patio. The food was as delicious - I had the Crab & Avocado Salad. We were there to celebrate my parents 53 wedding anniversary. The service provided by Mike was perfect. I loved how he heard my mothers name and respectfully used it when addressing her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatsascomanDined on 2/15/2014Thanks for being flexible with our reservations; we had a delayed flight (30 min) and you accommodated that situation wonderfully. After being seated, it took a while for waitress to take our drink order (if fact we had to flag her down), but after that our food came out in good time and was quite tasty. Highly recommend crab-stuffed shrimp!Special Features:
- DeliciousPattidDined on 2/14/2014Delicious entrees AND desserts! The guitarist was excellent and a nice touch. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great experienceMae1Dined on 2/11/2014I've been to TB quite a few times and it's always a great experience, good food, nice ambience, good service. There was 9 of us this time and everyone loved their dinner. I ordered the Mahi Mahi and it was not great. I will be back but won't order the Mahi Mahi again.Special Features:
- Best Mai Tai's in the world!KateyeDined on 2/8/2014All drinks are made from scratch - no syrupy mixes - and it makes a huge difference. The food is fantastic too.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationNancyDined on 2/8/2014It was my daughter's birthday and I wanted she and her family to have a wonderful time. Tommy Bahama's did not disappoint. The fish tacos, cheese hamburgers and mango salad were delicious, the Mai Thais awesome and deserts to die for! Our server, Kari V., was wonderful. The ambiance on the patio was so relaxing. All and all, it could not have been more perfect. I also appreciated the ease in which I was able to make a reservation through Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EscapeCLKMBDined on 2/6/2014Sitting on Tommy Bahama's deck for dinner in Palm Springs feels like you have escaped into another country the food is wonderful and the drinks just as unique. Can't wait to return to Palm Dessert and escape I to ago my Bahamas world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placequeeneyDined on 2/6/2014The new Tommy Bahama outshines the old. Not easy to do! Food is fresh and tasty. Creative cocktail menu with really good drinks! Service is excellent! View is wonderful! Make a reservation and go early to beat the crowd.Special Features:
- Great location in Palm Desert!BOS2SANVIPDined on 2/3/2014This restaurant is located upstairs in a small shopping area on El Paseo. Dined there with a couple of friends and we all really enjoyed the grilled artichoke - it was to die for! My friends both had the salmon prepared two different ways and really liked the seasoning. I had the chicken breast with a wonderful sauce. The atmosphere was very comforting and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoy Tommy BahamahappyhalDined on 2/1/2014always enjoy Tommy Bahama restaurants and this one did not disappoint.
- NOISECarolynDined on 1/30/2014We come here often and enjoy the food & patio area, but the noise level is very bad and I have hearing aids. Taking them out doesn't do a thing to make it quieter. This night we were seated near the music - a guitar player hooked up to speakers. Why is it necessary for these places to allow the entertainment to overpower the conversation. Inside was even worse with the new bar set in the middle between two dining areas. You cannot carry on a conversation anywhere - inside or out. Also hope that soon you will return the ahi tuna tacos back to the original recipe: ahi, avocado, wasabi, ginger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDogloverVIPDined on 1/29/2014Good menu, service, outside patio is very nice. Usually come once a week.
- Good experience. AlthoughKootenayFoodieDined on 1/22/2014Good experience. Although I wouldn't say it was as tasty as our previous dinner their two nights earlier. We ordered the exact same things yet it just didn't seem to have the same zip to the taste the second time around. As far as the service, they were able to handle our group of 9 people with no problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The patio was great and ourKltiDined on 1/22/2014The patio was great and our service was wonderful. If you are hungry you should order a starter before your entree.Special Features:
- It was excellent. The foodKootenayFoodieDined on 1/20/2014It was excellent. The food was great and the service was too. Everything tasted excellent and there was not one thing that did not hit the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio, average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2014Great covered and heated outdoor patio. Very comfortable. Food is average and was expecting better based in reviews. We ordered a cross section of salad, burger, grilled vegetables and Mac and cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.