Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
73-595 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 7608360188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rey Baysa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: call for information
- Entertainment: Live Island Music, call for a schedule
- Special Events: Visit us for Island Time for great deals on appetizer small plates, signature drinks, beer, and wine 4-6pm Seven Days A Week.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (54)good for groups (40)scenic view (32)special occasion (30)great for lunch (29)fit for foodies (28)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (22)neighborhood gem (20)kid-friendly (19)romantic (15)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (12)late-night find (7)Show More
- Always GoodgwenyeDined on 7/4/2014I have visited Tommy Bahama for special occasions and just for lunch. The wait staff is excellent and the Steak Salad is my favorite. I'm going to have to visit more often so I can try something else from the menu.Special Features:
- The following 734 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert reviews archive.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Love going here food is always great and ambience a winnerSpecial Features:
- ColetteDined on 6/21/2014I have been trying to find a soup that compared to the one served at our wedding (lobster bisque at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai) and I found it in your crab bisque!!!! YUMMY!!!!!Special Features:
- Great for what it isnicholasDined on 6/20/2014As a hot spot restaurant on El Paseo you can expect it to be busy, loud and overpriced; however, once you expect this a good time can be had. Food is good, service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterRanchoMirageDined on 6/16/2014excellent food but the noise level is extremely high when the bar is busy. Because of the high noise level we have opted for other restaurants on many occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to drink at Tommy's.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014We chose Tommy's for Father's Day and were overall very pleased with the experience. It did start off a little rough with the first 2 drinks we ordered being unavailable?! When we go to Tommy's we like to try new drinks. I had been on the website and saw the blood orange margarita...looked amazing and sounded like being on vacation, so I ordered one...sorry, not available due to lack of ingredients!? Seriously??!! Not on Father's Day! Ok, we'll try the special menu mango margarita. Out of ingredients for that one, too!? Disappointment was replaced with frozen Cadillac margaritas which were VERY good! Food was above average...crab cakes very good, fresh salmon very good. Coconut shrimp always great. Service decent. You should go.Special Features:
- Lana12VIPDined on 6/14/2014Always good food and service. Never disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too lively!nancycunninghamVIPDined on 6/13/2014We love Tommy Bahamas. The food is fun, the atmosphere is upbeat, but it was totally spoiled on a recent evening by a large family with multiple children literally using the patio where we were dining as a playground. Staff made no effort to seat us in a more adult zone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island Living in the DesertblueingreenVIPDined on 6/13/2014Delicious food; Bahama-style ambience. I love the Ahi Kale salad, but I've never had anything here I didn't love. Don't skip the bread and nutmeg-flavored butter! We often go for lunch, but the outdoor patio is a great place for an afternoon cocktail and snack.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!RealtorCamille7VIPDined on 6/11/2014Every time we eat at Tommy Bahama's we comment what a GREAT meal we had! They are consistent and the food presentation is beautiful! We ordered the chicken, Red Snapper, Mahi Mahi and Salmon Spinach salad. Every dish was prepared perfectly! For dessert we had the caramel pudding and pineapple creme brûlée and both were outstanding! Even their ice tea is delicious! Our server didn't rush us and took excellent care of us too! Keep up the good work, Tommy Bahama!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencehappywhenimfedDined on 6/7/2014Everything from the food to the view and even service was exceptional. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutHoneybairDined on 6/7/20145 of us girls met at Tommy Bahama's for a girls night out. It was restaurant week so our 3 course meal was only $29. The wait staff is great and very knowledgeable about all the menu items and cocktails. We always have a good time at the Palm Springs Tommy Bahama's. It's our GO TO place.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekJennyForeroDined on 6/6/2014Stopped by for restaurant week to have dinner with my friends and happy we did! The food was amazing and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New YorkerNewYorkerDined on 6/5/2014The Restaurant is upstairs from the Store and is a local hangout I think.People seemed to be having fun and a few groups out partying.The service was quick and efficient. Drinks ,Soup,Pasta and Steak all excellent and also a bit spicy.Nice touch for foodies.Desert key lime pie and chocolate cake were both up with the best.Whisky sours $8.75 the average not like Mastros at $13.00 What a ripoff.Waiter was friendly efficient and brought fresh coffee when we finished.No rush. Hang out if you want to.Local guitarist was also a plus,nice background music.For a $100 bucks on Restaurant week very good. We will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Slow ServiceEireDined on 6/4/2014The food at Tommy Bahama's is always great. Service is a bit sketchy. Really slow to wait on us. We were there over 20 minutes before our waiter came to our table. If i hadn't been there before - i wouldn't come back. Maybe it was just an off night for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekolddinerDined on 6/4/2014Had the Restaurant Week menu at lunchtime and the choices were great, the food excellent. Noticed we were the only ones chosing the menu and many other diners so it is a popular place. Regular prices not cheap but it is El Paseo. Had wide choices: the macadamia nut snapper was very good, the lime pie dessert outstanding. One person had shrimp pasta and there was way too much pasta. Service was good. I liked that they had a small carafe of water and therefore it was not wasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good happy hourlovelydesertDined on 6/3/2014we went early to dinner to celebrate a birthday. Too bad had to sit in the bar on high stools to get happy hour price drinks. We did order regular 3 course meal not the bar menu but still had to sit in high seats sharing a large table with others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food only to be trumped by serviceChowHoundVIPDined on 6/1/2014We went to TB as part of restaurant week and we are glad we did. The signature cocktail menu is fun and tropical. The setting is great, looking out over the valley floor and the mountains at sunset. The bar scene is a little noisy, but the outdoor patios are peaceful. The food was great. Our waiter, Otto, is a fun guy that seems to enjoy his job. He is friendly and outgoing, knows the menu, the food prep and knows his wine list (which is a bit limited). We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Casual and Fun with Excellent FoodCarrieWDined on 5/31/2014I made a reservation during a visit to the area that coincided with Palm Springs Restaurant Week. Tommy Bahamas had a competitive price and their entree choices for Restaurant Week looked appetizing. I didn't expect anything incredible; Tommy's is known for clothing, not food. But we were pleasantly surprised! The decor is tropical but in a casual way, not over the top. The vibe is energetic and fun, but the tables are spread out enough that conversation is still possible over the ambient noise. Our server was very friendly and attentive, and the food he brought was fantastic! Overall it was a very nice experience; we'll definitely be stopping in for Happy Hour next time we're in the area.Special Features:
- BadbuttonnoseVIPDined on 5/31/2014Even though we had a reservation they had no table for us except on the patio in 107 degree heat. Miraculously they found a table inside. Hadn't been there in a while so thought we'd give it a try in restaurant week. They have remodeled & took a lovely restaurant & changed it into a loud noisy bar with a few wooden table & chairs. Could not carry on a conversation or even hear the waitress. I guess this is trendy & some people like it because the place was full. The snapper was terrible. As for me, I'll stick with Pacifica & Jillians.
- NeneDined on 5/30/2014First day of restaurant week The waitress was not aware that it was restaurant week Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Tommy'sJakeDined on 5/29/2014Celebrated an anniversary here. Found the inside area a bit noisy but were reseated on patio and this was fine. Food was excellent. We both had fish (halibut and the snapper) and they were delicious and well presented. Service was very good and friendly. Really enjoyed our visit and will definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New FavoritegwenyeDined on 5/25/2014This was my fourth visit to Tommy Bahama's and it is my new favorite place to dine. Three out of my four visits I ordered the Sirloin Salad. What a flavorful experience. My food server, Mike was busy but never failed to stop and ask if he could bring us something.Special Features:
- ServiceDisappointedDined on 5/25/2014We were a party of six for a birthday. They sat us at a very noisy table right next to the kitchen. Very hard to have a conversation in a normal voice. Service was mediocre as the server had many tables and not much help. One lunch very slow in coming out. We were served and she had to wait for her lunch for about 5 minutes and then we had to ask for it to be brought out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FunDeeCee9Dined on 5/10/2014We have been to Tommy Bahamas a few times in Palm Desert. Always a fun atmosphere. Fun is always quality. Specialty drinks are creative. Recommend to anyone looking for a fun relaxing evening. And, stopping in the store is always fun!Special Features:
- PerfecthollyjDined on 5/10/2014We gathered all the woman of the family to celebrate Mothers Day. It was a wonderful experience. We even tried one of every dessert, thanks to Otto our wonderful waiter who talked us into it!! After all...it was Mothers Day!! Will absolutely return!!Special Features:
- As alwaystomronVIPDined on 5/9/2014As always, Tommy Bahama's came through with flying colors. The wait staff is probably the friendliest around, and the food is distinctly Tommy Bahama's.Special Features:
- Awesome patio scene!ConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 5/9/2014Sat on cushioned benches along the perimeter of the patio, perfect spot to see everyone. Happy hour quickly gets to be happy dinner. Nice crowd of peeps.Special Features:
- Fun, inviting placeMcmdkddVIPDined on 5/3/2014Fun, inviting place with good food and drinks. It is a fun place to meet friends and family. Good food. We loved the fish tacos and the blood orange margaritas were delicious. Enjoyed sitting out on patio with lovely misters and great views. We love Tommy Bahamas RestaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!JayPea14Dined on 5/3/2014The variety in the menu is spectacular and everything we have tried so far is delicious.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Younger, relaxed crowdConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 4/30/2014I'm liking the younger crowd.... more fun atmosphere but don't look for peace and quiet here.Special Features:
- DianaVIPDined on 4/26/2014Excellent food, great atmoshere, wonderful views...all in all a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Light Dining PreferredBHman1Dined on 4/26/2014As a couple that is looking for lighter food; Tommy Bahama's was a good choice. The entrees are a reasonable size and there were plenty of fish and chicken alternatives. Still left feeling full. The Crab bisque is always a favorite. The service was very good and the atmosphere was welcoming with steel drum music and an Island feel. My wife described it as dining while on a vacation. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Great Night OutRVPMIKEDined on 4/25/2014With mixed reviews I was uncertain if I made the right selection to entertain a couple in our business as well as keep my wife happy. I don't understand the haters. We made a reservation and were seated immediately upon arrival. We had drinks, appetizers, main course & dessert. EVERYTHING was great. I would go back. Something else discussed on reviews was pricing. Well if you are on a budget, go to Taco Bell. Pricing here is what you should expect unless you live your life just eating in local diners. Also the crowd was diverse for the lady that said this was a yuppie hangout (aren't yuppies old now?). This was a fun place!Special Features:
- Service and foodLana12VIPDined on 4/25/2014Excellent service and always great food!!! I would recommend to all my friends. We re never disappointed. It is one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2014My favorite restaurant of all time! The food and the ambiance keep us coming back again and again. Truly a very special experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partyHudiniDined on 4/24/2014We had a reservation for 8 for 8:30 but were not seated till after 9pm. There seemed to be tables open but no one was cleaning them up. It wasn't till I asked the hostess about the table that she cleaned it up and we were seated. Not enough staff I guess. Food was excellent and the waitress was great.Special Features:
- The best in the ValleyTunaFanVIPDined on 4/23/2014I love this restaurant -- food, service, setting -- everything is excellent.Special Features:
- ElizaVIPDined on 4/21/2014This is one of the better restaurants in Palm Desert. Always a favorite and the food is never disappointing. The menu is varied and interesting.Special Features:
- Always fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014This is my go-to restaurant for out of town company. They are always delighted with the entire experience and I never tire of the great food, fantastic service and general feel of the place. This is a 10/10 restaurant every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.