Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
73-595 El Paseo
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/
- Phone: 7608360188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rey Baysa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: call for information
- Entertainment: Live Island Music, call for a schedule
- Special Events: Visit us for Island Time for great deals on appetizer small plates, signature drinks, beer, and wine 4-6pm Seven Days A Week.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (56)great for lunch (35)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (32)scenic view (31)fit for foodies (28)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (19)hot spot (18)great for brunch (17)romantic (11)notable wine list (9)late-night find (6)Show More
- BadbuttonnoseVIPDined on 5/31/2014Even though we had a reservation they had no table for us except on the patio in 107 degree heat. Miraculously they found a table inside. Hadn't been there in a while so thought we'd give it a try in restaurant week. They have remodeled & took a lovely restaurant & changed it into a loud noisy bar with a few wooden table & chairs. Could not carry on a conversation or even hear the waitress. I guess this is trendy & some people like it because the place was full. The snapper was terrible. As for me, I'll stick with Pacifica & Jillians.
- NeneDined on 5/30/2014First day of restaurant week The waitress was not aware that it was restaurant week Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Tommy'sJakeDined on 5/29/2014Celebrated an anniversary here. Found the inside area a bit noisy but were reseated on patio and this was fine. Food was excellent. We both had fish (halibut and the snapper) and they were delicious and well presented. Service was very good and friendly. Really enjoyed our visit and will definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New FavoritegwenyeDined on 5/25/2014This was my fourth visit to Tommy Bahama's and it is my new favorite place to dine. Three out of my four visits I ordered the Sirloin Salad. What a flavorful experience. My food server, Mike was busy but never failed to stop and ask if he could bring us something.Special Features:
- ServiceDisappointedDined on 5/25/2014We were a party of six for a birthday. They sat us at a very noisy table right next to the kitchen. Very hard to have a conversation in a normal voice. Service was mediocre as the server had many tables and not much help. One lunch very slow in coming out. We were served and she had to wait for her lunch for about 5 minutes and then we had to ask for it to be brought out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 710 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Palm Desert reviews archive.
- Always FunDeeCee9Dined on 5/10/2014We have been to Tommy Bahamas a few times in Palm Desert. Always a fun atmosphere. Fun is always quality. Specialty drinks are creative. Recommend to anyone looking for a fun relaxing evening. And, stopping in the store is always fun!Special Features:
- PerfecthollyjDined on 5/10/2014We gathered all the woman of the family to celebrate Mothers Day. It was a wonderful experience. We even tried one of every dessert, thanks to Otto our wonderful waiter who talked us into it!! After all...it was Mothers Day!! Will absolutely return!!Special Features:
- As alwaystomronVIPDined on 5/9/2014As always, Tommy Bahama's came through with flying colors. The wait staff is probably the friendliest around, and the food is distinctly Tommy Bahama's.Special Features:
- Awesome patio scene!ConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 5/9/2014Sat on cushioned benches along the perimeter of the patio, perfect spot to see everyone. Happy hour quickly gets to be happy dinner. Nice crowd of peeps.Special Features:
- Fun, inviting placeMcmdkddVIPDined on 5/3/2014Fun, inviting place with good food and drinks. It is a fun place to meet friends and family. Good food. We loved the fish tacos and the blood orange margaritas were delicious. Enjoyed sitting out on patio with lovely misters and great views. We love Tommy Bahamas RestaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!JayPea14Dined on 5/3/2014The variety in the menu is spectacular and everything we have tried so far is delicious.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Younger, relaxed crowdConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 4/30/2014I'm liking the younger crowd.... more fun atmosphere but don't look for peace and quiet here.Special Features:
- DianaVIPDined on 4/26/2014Excellent food, great atmoshere, wonderful views...all in all a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Light Dining PreferredBHman1Dined on 4/26/2014As a couple that is looking for lighter food; Tommy Bahama's was a good choice. The entrees are a reasonable size and there were plenty of fish and chicken alternatives. Still left feeling full. The Crab bisque is always a favorite. The service was very good and the atmosphere was welcoming with steel drum music and an Island feel. My wife described it as dining while on a vacation. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Great Night OutRVPMIKEDined on 4/25/2014With mixed reviews I was uncertain if I made the right selection to entertain a couple in our business as well as keep my wife happy. I don't understand the haters. We made a reservation and were seated immediately upon arrival. We had drinks, appetizers, main course & dessert. EVERYTHING was great. I would go back. Something else discussed on reviews was pricing. Well if you are on a budget, go to Taco Bell. Pricing here is what you should expect unless you live your life just eating in local diners. Also the crowd was diverse for the lady that said this was a yuppie hangout (aren't yuppies old now?). This was a fun place!Special Features:
- Service and foodLana12VIPDined on 4/25/2014Excellent service and always great food!!! I would recommend to all my friends. We re never disappointed. It is one of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2014My favorite restaurant of all time! The food and the ambiance keep us coming back again and again. Truly a very special experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partyHudiniDined on 4/24/2014We had a reservation for 8 for 8:30 but were not seated till after 9pm. There seemed to be tables open but no one was cleaning them up. It wasn't till I asked the hostess about the table that she cleaned it up and we were seated. Not enough staff I guess. Food was excellent and the waitress was great.Special Features:
- ElizaVIPDined on 4/21/2014This is one of the better restaurants in Palm Desert. Always a favorite and the food is never disappointing. The menu is varied and interesting.Special Features:
- Always fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014This is my go-to restaurant for out of town company. They are always delighted with the entire experience and I never tire of the great food, fantastic service and general feel of the place. This is a 10/10 restaurant every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El Paseo funHappyVIPDined on 4/11/2014It was a quiet Friday night as the Coachella concert was happening. Great service, very helpful. I had the kale salad with grilled salmon and it was excellent . Outside seating is plentiful and the atmosphere vibrant.Special Features:
- Favorite Palm Desert RestaurantSTCLAQVIPDined on 4/11/2014The food is fabulous - our favorites are the crab cakes and coconut shrimp. And our server was absolutely delightful. A fun, island vibe permeates everything from the menu to the service to the ambiance. It's our favorite PD destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyNancy2Dined on 4/9/2014Very hard to have a conversation due to the noise level, then they play music too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly remarkable!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014We had uncertain expectations for a restaurant owned and run by a clothing company, however, the experience was surprisingly remarkable. The food was outstanding and the bar and drinks well-done and generous. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do It AgainBirdieKing1Dined on 4/4/2014Reservation was on line and worked well. Table was ready when got there. Waiters were attendant and pleasant. Caesar Salad was delicious. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Good as always!sld33Dined on 4/2/2014Another great meal at Tommy's! It doesn't let you down. Great drinks, try the Lemon Drop Martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMechaDined on 4/2/2014We went for my dinner birthday! Everything was delicious and i can not get the dessert, i was full!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio, Relaxing AtmosphereScottPurcellVIPDined on 3/30/2014We're huge fans of this place thanks to the huge, relaxing patio that has a fantastic view of the valley in all direction. Plus post dining it's nice to walk El Paseo and explore the shops. Makes for a very nice afternoon or evening.Special Features:
- Unfortunate Bad ServiceScottishGal127Dined on 3/29/2014We dined at your restaurant a few days ago. We go to Tommy Bahama's each year while we are in Palm Springs. We consider it a treat. Unfortunately the service has declined over this time. We waited a long time for our server and our drinks. We never received bread and felt extremely rushed for the "next reservation." I had expected our server to stop by once we had received our meals, but he didn't. We were not offered pepper and there wasn't any on the tables either. The place seemed to be a frenzy and he didn't have time for us or the table beside us. As a minimum, I would expect to be asked how our meals are and to have our water filled. From this poor experience, I do not expect that we will visit your restaurant again.Special Features:
- another great night at tommy'sCityGalNY2ORDined on 3/29/2014wonderful food, great lively ambiance…as always we love the steel drums! our family makes one night a Tommy's a "must" when in the desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Request an outdoor tablehealthyeater10Dined on 3/29/2014We had a group of 7 with 3 children included. Mountain views, service and food were all very nice. It was a pleasant night on the patio at Tommy Bahama's in Palm Desert. We shared fish tacos as an appetizer and they were excellent. Our table ordered a variety of fish entrees and entree salads and everyone seemed happy. We will return and I recommend this restaurant for groups, families, as well as couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!!AngelakfDined on 3/29/2014Great atmosphere and great food! It is a pleasure to sink into the comfortable chairs on the patio, warm breeze blowing through your hair. Try the macadamia-crusted snapper... it's superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch; nice atmosphereTonyvetDined on 3/27/2014Very enjoyable lunch with excellent food and an open and delightful outdoor ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FunkyFredVIPDined on 3/25/2014We ate dinner outside on the deck that overlooks El Paseo (you have to request and it's the place to sit.). Food was excellent Nd the service was fine. Wine list is limited but adequate. It's a semi-casual place that is fun. On the second story above the clothing store (actually much cooler than it sounds) it is just a kind of refreshingly "young" spot in an area that clearly caters to the retired set. My 26-year-old daughter thought it was the best spot we chose this week. I'd certainly go again. Fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fits the Tommy Bahama brand...MikeDined on 3/21/2014Restaurant has a coastal Florida feel to it. Menu weighted more toward seafood and lighter fare. Wine was reasonably priced. Overall a nice experience.Special Features:
- Tommy Bahama's does a greatFoodieGalDined on 3/21/2014Tommy Bahama's does a great job at being a versatile place to meet with a group of colleagues, go with your family, or go on a date. I have done all three at one point or another, and it has always been great. The service is attentive and conscientious, but not overbearing. This time I was in Palm Desert for a Conference, and this worked out as a great place to eat, have drinks, and discussion afterwards with colleagues. The restaurant was accommodating and a relaxing experience after what had been a long and intense day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time...GbGbDined on 3/21/2014Love the atmosphere of the outside dinning ....our waiter was friendly ,genuine,prompt with the service and options.my husband had the burger ...he ordered it medium well turned out to be be well done ! The menu indicated pickles with the burger ...it was served with a half of the size of my pinky! The coconut shrimp is to die for! Yum! We where there for lunch ...next time will try dinner. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014Enjoyed a wonderful lunch with friends. Food, service and atmosphere were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/20/2014Love, Love Love the food - fresh ingredients, unique flavors and combinations, and great drinks. I have never been disappointed dining here and always like to introduce new people to this restaurant. Biggest disappointment... there is not one near my house!Special Features:
- Tommy'sBabsDined on 3/20/2014Always have good service and good food. When you're there with good friends, it can't be beat.Special Features: