821 N. Orange Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citrusorlando.com/
- Phone: 407-373-0622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30pm – 4:00pm,
Closed Sunday; Dinner Hours: Monday – Friday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Wall and Lucas Reid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Citrus Restaurants - private dining accommodates up to 70 people for a seated event and 90 for a cocktail reception. Audiovisual equipment is available upon request. This space is ideal for corporate lunches, private dinners, holiday parties and private happy hour gatherings. Citrus also features a Chef Table that can accommodate up to 10 people for a private lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: General Manager - Heidi Skehan 407-373-0622x
- Special Events: The Citrus Restaurant culinary team, headed by Chef Matt Wall and Chef Lucas Reid, invite you to experience our Chef Table dinner. Enjoy a seasonal four-course dinner menu including a wine and cocktail pairing for $60 per person excluding tax and gratuity. Please call the restaurant to book your event.
A word from Citrus Restaurant
Citrus Restaurant is an award-winning restaurant located in Downtown Orlando and features regionally inspired new American cuisine in a stylish and comfortable setting. The menu reflects fresh and contemporary takes on classic American dishes. Citrus was voted "Best Downtown Restaurant" and "Best Power Lunch" in the Orlando Magazine Dining Awards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Citrus Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Citrus Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (26)good for groups (24)great for lunch (20)romantic (19)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delightful eveningSwedeDined on 12/5/2013choice of inside or outside. A little noisey, but it was early Friday night. We shared the mussels (to kill for) and the crabcake(delicious).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!DemetrioDined on 11/22/2013Food was great, The crabcake is truly amazing. Server was Tito, and he was amazing!Special Features:
- We ordered items on the specialspleasantlypleasedDined on 11/18/2013We ordered items on the specials list and they were fantastic. The food came out quickly and still warm. The service was friendly, but not too intrusive. It was definitely an enjoyable lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysRussellDined on 11/16/2013It is always a special evening, great menu, great food. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Citrus was right on!CitrusDined on 11/9/2013I consider myself a foodie and haven't been very lucky lately in Orlando finding a meal that I truly enjoyed. Thankfully I found Citrus. What a great meal. All 3 of us ordered a steak entree and all were prepared PERFECTLY. The whole Mel was delicious. Definitely will return. If I had one little criticism it would be that the wine list could be improved.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJohnODined on 11/9/2013The food was amazing, the portions are large, so you may want to forgo the salad and just start with an appetizer. The service was excellent and the waiter Josh was very helpful. The prices are on the high side, but well worth it for a special occasion. Highly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place Before the CarrOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2013Four friends and I decided to try this restaurant before an event at the Bob Carr. We had a 6 pm dinner reservation and were in and out in little over an hour, with plenty of time to get to the Bob Carr. Service was good and my Ribeye was excellent. I would certainly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2013Needed a getaway in Orlando for the night and found Citrus for dinner time. Great decision! The food was excellent, amazing service, and overall great atmosphere. Would def visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem !SuperbVIPDined on 11/1/2013This is a very contemporary restaurant with yummy food. The carpaccio is the best ever! The farmer's salad is ultra fresh and the pork chop is humongous and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd give it a 7/10.GraceVIPDined on 10/31/2013The food and wine were good as well as the ambience/decor, but the fish definitely needed more veggies. Not the best for fitties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent before the SymphonyRelaxdinnerDined on 10/25/2013We were in at 6:00 and had excellent relaxing meal before Bob Carr at 8:00 pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,surprisingly good! ServiJK32Dined on 10/23/2013Great food,surprisingly good! Service energetic. Ambient noise even on relatively quiet night pretty high. Will go back,food was worth it. Travel directions from Open Table incorrect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveEddieDined on 10/19/2013Brought my sister and her husband who own a small restaurant, and they loved the food and the ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a hitshearmadnessVIPDined on 10/12/2013Whenever my wife and I decide to go to Citrus we always walk away with nothing but compliments. The food is creative and fun, atmosphere is energetic but not obnoxious and service is attentive. you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a "keeper"LeftyDined on 10/12/2013The chef demonstrated he knew what he was doing and took pride in his work. The seared tune was absolutely perfect, The lamb was outstanding, and the scallops were great. The hostess who greeted us was professional and delightful. We had a lot of fun with her. Our server, Amy, did a great job in listening, serving, and in my opinion was what I call a "Keeper." We expressed the desire for a table change (not that what was given was in anyway improper or substandard), but was just a matter of personal preference. We let them know that we were going to the Symphony after dinner and we finished in plenty of time without having to hurry. The Valet was a gentlemen with my daughter, very polite and assisted by opening the car door for her.Special Features:
- Our first experience at Citrus,MarvelousDined on 10/11/2013Our first experience at Citrus, we were impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!DAPTDined on 10/11/2013AMAZING food and drinks! Our server was fun and attentive. When two of her co-workers (one on duty and one in for drinks) interrupted out quiet dinner she quickly moved us to a new area and confronted their loud inappropriate behavior. Both of our meals gave us something to talk about and to remember. Our dessert was a perfect brownie with ice cream. We tried 4 different drinks and each one was perfect. The owner came over and spoke with us and purchased our dessert (we were first time customers). He didn't however address our earlier issue with his staff, but it was forgiven. The patio is by the street but it's not to sunny or windy. The patio is also covered giving it a snug yet exposed feeling. I really enjoyed everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Many ProblemsSnobbyEaterDined on 10/4/2013I have eaten at Citrus enough to know I won't go back for awhile. It isn't spectacular anymore. It used to impress me and now my last few visits combined have left a negative impression. There always seems to be something slightly off with the experience on each visit. From the ribeye steak that didn't texturally taste like one to the overpriced drink that I had to give instructions to the bartender on how to make, it just isn't worth it to go back especially with its location. I should say there is never a major issue, just not a flawless evening.Special Features:
- Good Food, Service needs workJBTOpenTableDined on 10/4/2013We enjoyed the food. It was creative and well prepared. For the quality it is well priced The downtown location is easily accessable and the $5 valet parking is worth it. The service needs to be better.Special Features:
- I Three for dinner. AppetizersMaryBVIPDined on 10/4/2013I Three for dinner. Appetizers were fabulous and service excellent. Great start. All ordered steaks and two of three well overdone. Pointed out to staff and had to have meals replaced. Asked for reasonable comp and got a free piece of pie! Really? Not what we felt should happen since we basically ate our dinners separately. Not what you expect at a place of this caliberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the driveBusyDined on 10/4/2013Staying near Disney for a run. Flew in from Alberta and decided to go to Mamma Mia while here. Open table suggested Citrus and were they right!!!! Great place downtown with awesome service, food and ambience. Will definitely be back when down next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing But the Best!CWalkerDined on 9/27/2013You Guys Rock! the staff was great and management was outstanding. Big thanks to Doug and his crew for a great experience. This is a definite share with the friends, and on my blog!Special Features:
- Great food---Spectacular servicedacgerhtDined on 9/27/2013This was a last minute decision and it had been about a year since our last visit which also was delightful. The Magical Dining had "Citrus," listed with an enticing menu. My date and I had the smoked salmon for appetizer, pecan dusted trout with white cheddar grits, and key lime panna cotta. Each course was expertly prepared and plated with unexpected delight in surprising flavor /twist on the expected dish. ~~~WE can not wait to return. Decor, trendy and chic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Find in Downtown OrlandoSharynLDined on 9/27/2013Very creative and delicious food. We had the Wagyu beef carpaccio and the tequila mussels as appetizers. For dinner, I had the Blackened Sea Scallops with risotto. Scallops were perfectly done. Risotto was creamy without being gummy. Definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafoodJessicaDined on 9/21/2013Interestingly prepared yet fresh and simple. We had a fabulous magical dining meal here, the salmon app was simple yet flavorful and really fantastic, I'm still raving. Our entrees, the trout and the shrimp and grits, were both excellent and actually went well together for sharing - a nice mix of flavors spicy and nutty sweet.Special Features:
- We were a party of six andJbossDined on 9/20/2013We were a party of six and we were seated in a private dining area. It was quiet and very comfortable. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellentShellDined on 9/13/2013Staff was very nice, service was great. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013I have been a fan of Citrus since it opened. I have taken clients and friends there. The food is amazing and always gets great reviews from those whom I invite to dine there. Online reservations make things so much easier for me. I am constantly moving and the convenience of knowing that I can get a reservation in a few seconds makes planning an evening so convenient. The food is amazing. The service is great. The ambience is outstanding. I will be planning larger group events in the very near future as my business and non-profit endeavors continue to grow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysOccasionalDinerDined on 8/28/2013Citrus is one of Orlando's finest restaurants. The food is always prepared extremely well and the staff is always courteous and professional. I always look forward to an occassion to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasantRRSVDined on 8/28/2013Have lunch here regularly and always a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERBFrequentflyerVIPDined on 8/24/2013Great swordfish and lobster special...could expand wine list. Seems to be getting better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary GemGoldenVoiceDined on 8/17/2013Downtown Orlando restaurant reminded me of New York or Chicago with high ceiling and huge windows and overall contemporary feel. Imaginative menu with choices to please any taste and every dish prepared to perfection. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends birthday luncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our luncheon on 8/16. The salmon on the wedge salad was very good. Don't really know how the others enjoyed their lunch, because we were so busy catching up with friends. Their meals looked good though. Our server was very friendly and efficient as was the hostess when we entered. Wish I could recommend categories above, but hate to admit I'm sorry I didn't pay much attention to anything else except meeting with old friends. Will definitely eat there again and pay attention to the details of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2013My husband and I went here on the last night of our trip, and we were not disappointed!The food and the service were amazing.We had the fresh local shrimp gnocchi and the fried chicken special.Yes I ordered fried chicken but it was amazing!Crispy, fresh and served with a bacon gravy over fresh smashed potatoes-couldn't resist.They also have an excellent specialty drink menu-we tried most of them because they all sounded delicious and they were.We skipped the appetizer to save room for dessert.We shared the fresh cheesecake made in house by their pastry chef.The night was a huge success in our book! We plan to come again the next time we visit Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!kgcooksDined on 7/31/2013I had the pork tenderloin and she had the chimichuri steak. Both were outstanding and we would definitely order them again. This place is outstanding every time we go and we always encourage our friends to eat here. Two thumbs way up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CitrusReservationsDined on 7/16/2013Always consistently high quality of fresh food, innovative menu and excellent sincere service. I can always count on Citrus for an excellent meal and an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2013As expected, I recieved excellent service from the Restaurant and the server. The food is very good.The Restaurant has been on my "most favorite" list for several years and you have yet to disappoint me . Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tuna app was amazing.luv2liveVIPDined on 5/31/2013The tuna app was amazing. There are some unique items. The energy level was not there due to the restaurant being pretty empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten GemJPfoodieDined on 5/22/2013Much improved since my last visit 3 years ago. Agave-lime mussels outrageous. Wahoo with duck confit, grilled zucchini and lavender cous cous was perfect. Brought own wine--grower champagne Larmandier-Bernier and Leonetti cabernet 2004. Champagne paired with grilled wahoo and cab with the veal chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationChrisVIPDined on 5/21/2013My daughter wanted to try Citrus for her 22nd birthday and the restaurant did not disappoint! We started with the P.E.I. mussels and received a healthy portion of mussels in a delicious broth. It was plenty enough to share amongst the 4 of us. We each ordered a different entree and everything was prepared perfectly. The special was Florida Wahoo and it was a huge piece of fish. The birthday girl really enjoyed her hangar steak and chimmichurri. The waiter allowed her to choose a dessert on the house to complete the meal. The mood in the restaurant was energetic that evening due to a party on the other side, but we didn't mind. It sounded like they were all having a great time too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.