821 N. Orange Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citrusorlando.com/
- Phone: 4073730622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30pm – 4:00pm,
Closed Sunday; Dinner Hours: Monday – Friday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Heidi Skehan and Matt Wall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining accommodates up to 70 people for a seated event and 90 for a cocktail reception. Audiovisual equipment is available. This space is ideal for corporate lunches, private dinners, holiday parties, private happy hour gatherings. Citrus also features a chef"s table that can accommodate up to 10 people for a private lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Heidi Skehan 4073730622x
A word from Citrus Restaurant
Citrus Restaurant is located in Downtown Orlando and features regionally inspired new American cuisine in a stylish and comfortable setting. The menu reflects fresh and contemporary takes on classic American dishes.Continued
The restaurant is an original concept created by Urban Life Management Restaurant Group.
The restaurant is an original concept created by Urban Life Management Restaurant Group.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Citrus Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Citrus Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (23)good for groups (22)great for lunch (19)romantic (17)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Good but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/11/2014We had a great meal with a party of 7 but the food and service was very slow for a weeknightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchRRSVDined on 3/10/2014I have an office nearby and eat lunch here often. Always enjoy the food whether from the daily specials or regular menu and service is consistently good although I do have favorite servers.Special Features:
- Food was incredible, service weirdMillieDined on 3/7/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for places to go in Orlando for a relaxing lunch after one of his business meetings and I chose to go here because it had won many awards for a 2013 Orlando dining awards. We set a reservation for 12pm but we got there at 12:40 and they seated us right away. Thank god they did because 12 hit and so many people had come in by that time to dine. Our server was, just basically lazy. He would come around and he wouldn't really recommend anything to us when we couldn't decide on an appetizer and when we did and ordered it, IT NEVER CAME OUT. Our meals came out before and we were just in awe of the fact that not even our appetizer had come out. He wouldn't also help us with the internet connection for a businessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening Dining on the AvenueChereFDined on 3/4/2014Fabulous food - carefully prepared and presented. Service was superb until the end* - waiter/Chris checked in on us several times as did another server. Dining along Orange Avenue in the moonlight was surprisingly delightful. Crisp air - very little traffic since it was after office hours. Nice landscaping along the street and residents walking dogs - very relaxed dining outside. Scallops were fabulous - and they were able to make it so my soy/balsamic/aged cheese allergies were not affected. Hubby had the caveman ribs - huge portion and a bit fatty - but satisfying. *the outside got too windy/cold as the evening wore on. We escaped inside to collect our check which took a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 3/3/2014JaySDined on 3/3/2014The staff did a great job preparing for our large party of 8. Our waiter Don was outstanding! My girlfriend and I had been there once before which was almost 2 years ago. He remembered what we had to eat the last time and the wine that she drank. This made us feel special and was impressive to our friends who were dining at Citrus for the first time. He also is very good at describing the meals and answering questions about each dish and the specialty drinks. All 8 of us were extremely satisfied with our meals. The chef is amazing and the food came out quickly. We were celebrating a Birthday and I don’t think we could have picked a better place. All 8 of us are looking forward to dining at Citrus during out next visit to Orlando.Special Features:
- Mixed ExperiencePattiDined on 2/28/2014We have dined here before and it has always been really great. This time my steak was overcooked. Our waiter did not check back with us for a while - but he was tied up with a large party. I sent it back, and it was a very long wait for a replacement. The second steak was great, and the manager removed it from the bill. Everything else was great - the salad with rose petal dressing was amazing. One of the best salads I have ever eaten. The sides served with the steak were very good as well. The wine list is a bit pricey, but they have some really great wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right LocationCharlesDined on 2/28/2014Ideally situated in the Downtown Orange ave area, Citrus is good for a business lunch meeting. Not too loud. All of the patrons appeared to be Professioanl types. Service was good, prices are a liitle excessive for what you get.Special Features:
- Rushed experience, not worth itNickDined on 2/27/2014Our server was in a rush the entire time. He did not make any conversation with us except the basic questions of, "what would you like to drink," etc....I actually felt like he did not like us. I spilt my drink all over the table and when I told him I had a little accident with the drink, instead of asking if everything was ok and helping me clean it, he just said, "that's okay" and left! Also, I ordered a cappuccino and never got it, but it was on the bill. The food was fine, but when you feel like you are being rushed and the server hardly smiles at you or makes conversation with you, it's just not a fun dining experience. Just not the type of service I would except at this price point and I don't think we will be back for a while.
- stuck outsidechuckVIPDined on 2/26/2014I Made A Last Minute Reservation, But When We Arrived They Did Not Have A Table For Us. They Pulled A Couple Of Patio Tables Together OutSide, Which Was Their Smoking Section. This Was A Bad Reflection On The Open Table Service. Why use Open Table If The Restaurant Can't Seat You.
- Wait staff were a bit overextended.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/26/2014Wait staff were a bit overextended. We had to ask for bread three times. They were both friendly and professional, however. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- The food was very good. WaiterHillerDined on 2/25/2014The food was very good. Waiter was excellent. I would certainly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Fatty Overpriced RibeyeOrlandoDinerVIPDined on 2/19/2014Been going here for years and eat out all the time, but it's not what it used to be, and I think I'll give it many more months before returning. Caesar salad was good. Ginger blossom iced tea was good. Avoid the overpriced, fatty ribeye. Half of it was grizzle and fat, and the temperature arrived medium rare, when I'd ordered medium well. Restaurant was busy, but, allowing for that, service was slow. Seems management and the menu have changed in the last year,Special Features:
- Citrus Restaurant Orlando ExcelsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Our dinner consisted of a shared salad that was fresh and excellent. The main course selection was the Filet Mignon and it was possibly the best steak we have ever had! The service was good and we were in and out in time to make our theatre seating nearby in plenty of time. This was a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant had a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014The restaurant had a very nice appearance and the hostess were very friendly. However when it came to the menu they didn't have a large selection to pick from and the server was not very attentive. She arrived a while after we were seated and didn't make any reference to why it took her so long to come over, also she wasn't very engaging/informative and just kind of wanted to take the order and get it over with.Special Features:
- Good restaurant, good service.BillDined on 2/14/2014Good restaurant, good service. Hardly stellar, for lunch. We will try it again, for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to CitrusOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Had heard of a lot of business lunches at this establishment and tried it for dinner. Not impressed. For price, there are many other options. Won't be going back for dinner.Special Features:
- Great evening! The restaurantLoriDined on 2/7/2014Great evening! The restaurant accommodated a last minute change in our arrival time without any issue. They fulfilled the request to be seated at a window. They were great on inquiring about and accommodating a food allergy. Don, one of our servers, was great and checked in repeatedly to ensure we were taken care of and everything was satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014The food was very good and the service was stellar. The server went out of his way to ensure that everyone was happy with their order. The fried green tomato appetizer was excellent.Special Features:
- Theater NightMotherhenDined on 2/1/2014The Citrus Restaurant was the perfect location for dinner before going to the Bob Carr for a performance. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. We had the Winter Garden Flatbread to start with and it was fantastic. I had the Atlantic Salmon which was a very healthy portion, but not too big. They were very accommodating when I wanted to switch my vegetable from okra to broccolini. Not a big okra fan. Loved that the parking in the garage was free. It was very easy to access and then to leave it was so close to Bob Carr that it was a breeze getting there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CitrusMcFly5585VIPDined on 1/31/2014In searching on Open Table for cool spots in the Downtown Orlando area I came across Citrus, which I had also passed many times while in the area. A friend had also wanted to try it out but saw it as more of a "date place" than one where two buddies could grab a beer- he was right. While it was too chilly to dine al fresco, the ambiance inside was great. Many fish options on the menu, which I appreciated; this was the first time I tried trout and the pecan crusted filet was pretty tasty. My dining companion ordered the Fillet Mignon and it was cooked perfectly; the server indicated that the kitchen staff had been cooking for 15 years, so they know how to cook meat and he was right!Special Features:
- Third time not the charm24dinnerVIPDined on 1/28/2014This was our third time eating at this restaurant. Normally the food is fantastic. On this night I had a farmer's green salad and the fresh Mahi with potatoes au gratin. The fish was perfect with a wonderful sauce but the potatoes lacked cheese and had too much pepper which actually made them black between the layers. I got a side order of the jalapeño cheese grits that were delicious and really made the meal. My wife ordered the steak filet medium well. They butterflied it making it thinner and then charred the outside a little too much. The meal was good but not awesome like it usually is. We ordered a brownie with ice cream to share. It came hot swimming in chocolate syrup with a tiny scoop of ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experience. OurGeeteeDined on 1/18/2014Overall good experience. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable about wine and made good suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceFoodieDined on 1/18/2014Nice ambience, good food and service. Appreciate the quality and their efforts to give you a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJasone15Dined on 1/17/2014We had a wonderful time for our first visit. Food is farm to table and you can taste the difference it makes. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Citrus, Citrus, CitrusDevinUSFDined on 1/3/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our meal. The food was truly great and the service was top notch, every single person we dealt with was exemplarily and cared about our experience. Go to this restaurant you will not be disappointed. Having restaurants like this in Orlando make living here more enjoyable. p.s. We are not huge dessert people, but make sure you get the bourbon bread pudding, dang it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE DinnerdineoutcarolDined on 12/31/2013Had a wonderful late New Years Eve dinner at Citrus. Everything was excellent, service and food. Appetizers were great, particularly the lamb ribs. Entrees were perfect as well. Highly recommend Tuna entree. I am from out of town but if I ever find myself in Orlando I will make sure to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ending the year on the right noteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013I went here on New Years Eve, so I'm sure it was busier than usual, but we were sat promptly and had a great experience. The food was not only visually appealing, but also very delicious (It was well-seasoned and the portions were large enough to fill you up)! I haven't had the opportunity to dine out in Orlando very often, but there was certainly no shortage of choices. Fortunately, I think that this was a great venue and would certainly return next time I'm in downtown Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed!!MichaelAllyDined on 12/21/2013I wanted to take my wife to a restaurant we've never tried before for her birthday so I researched online for a fabulous place. I came across Citrus and read the reviews so I decided to give it a try which I'm very thankful we did. Everything about this place was astounding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for working lunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2013I take groups here for working lunches. Everyone loves the food. My favorites are the sliders, black bean soup, Mahi Mahi sandwich & orange blossom tea. Service was slower this time. Fortunately, we had business to handle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The message left on the OpenRabbitDined on 12/19/2013The message left on the Open Table site was not transferred to our server. We had theatre tickets, and when making the dinner reservation, I put this in the message portion. After taking the drink order, the waiter left us, and we had to call him back after a wait. The message left did not accompany the reservation as no note was made in the Citrus reservation.Special Features:
- a little disappointingoviedofoodieDined on 12/13/2013We had been to Citrus a few times in the past and enjoyed our experiences. We had out of town guests visiting and wanted to have a nice dinner. Service started out quite slow. We sat for about 20 minutes before anyone came by to take our drink orders. To the restaurant's credit, they did comp dessert due to the slow initial greeting. Service was OK for the remainder of the meal. Food was mediocre. The gnocchi with brisket was overpowered by garlic - no other flavors were recognizable. I had the shrimp and grits - shrimp were tender and tasty but the grits were pasty. Another guest had the stuffed pork chop which she enjoyed. The comped dessert was the signature orange cake - it would have been good but it was ice cold.Special Features:
- Went after a matinee at BobKRBGDined on 12/7/2013Went after a matinee at Bob Carr with a group of 8. Sat in bar area because they could not fit us in dinning room. Wait staff and hostess were great, friendly and knowledgable. Service was excellent. Everyone in our party enjoyed their food red fish was outstanding . Salads where good but I found them too large, should have split like some of our party. Desserts looked good but none of our party had room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningSwedeDined on 12/5/2013choice of inside or outside. A little noisey, but it was early Friday night. We shared the mussels (to kill for) and the crabcake(delicious).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!DemetrioDined on 11/22/2013Food was great, The crabcake is truly amazing. Server was Tito, and he was amazing!Special Features:
- We ordered items on the specialspleasantlypleasedDined on 11/18/2013We ordered items on the specials list and they were fantastic. The food came out quickly and still warm. The service was friendly, but not too intrusive. It was definitely an enjoyable lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysRussellDined on 11/16/2013It is always a special evening, great menu, great food. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Citrus was right on!CitrusDined on 11/9/2013I consider myself a foodie and haven't been very lucky lately in Orlando finding a meal that I truly enjoyed. Thankfully I found Citrus. What a great meal. All 3 of us ordered a steak entree and all were prepared PERFECTLY. The whole Mel was delicious. Definitely will return. If I had one little criticism it would be that the wine list could be improved.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJohnODined on 11/9/2013The food was amazing, the portions are large, so you may want to forgo the salad and just start with an appetizer. The service was excellent and the waiter Josh was very helpful. The prices are on the high side, but well worth it for a special occasion. Highly recommend this place, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place Before the CarrOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2013Four friends and I decided to try this restaurant before an event at the Bob Carr. We had a 6 pm dinner reservation and were in and out in little over an hour, with plenty of time to get to the Bob Carr. Service was good and my Ribeye was excellent. I would certainly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2013Needed a getaway in Orlando for the night and found Citrus for dinner time. Great decision! The food was excellent, amazing service, and overall great atmosphere. Would def visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.