Cedar Street Grille
12 Cedar Street
Sturbridge, MA 01566Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Street Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cedarstreetgrille.com/
- Phone: 5083475800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: CLOSED Lunch Tuesday through Saturday: 11:30am-3:00pm Dinner Tuesday through Saturday: 4:30pm-close Sunday: Open for dinner only at 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nick Faucher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the perfect setting for an intimate gathering. The restaurant is available for private functions on Mondays, Sunday mornings and afternoons.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah J Gottlieb 8602351286
- Special Events: We offer the perfect setting for baby or bridal showers on Sunday mornings. Please contact Sarah J Gottlieb at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
A word from Cedar Street Grille
A lively American bistro with a menu that encourages sharing, exploration and the celebration of food. American specialties with a unique flair on the standards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Cedar Street Grille - Best Restaurants in Sturbridge ›
Cedar Street Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (33)great for lunch (22)romantic (15)hot spot (13)great for brunch (13)good for groups (12)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great FindsusanmfDined on 3/1/2014Was looking for a meeting spot between New Haven and Boston to celebrate a birthday. Cedar Street Grill was it. Very accomodating, great selection of interesting food items, attentive service and one of the best Bloody Marys I have ever had. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten-Free OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014The atmosphere and food were amazing. The server was well-versed in gluten allergies and the gluten-free menu had many delicious options. My only complaint was that we made an 8pm reservation and didn't get a table until 9pm. We didn't mind, since we had a seat at the bar. Also, the table we did get was strangely placed over an air vent that was covered my a menu to block the air. Overall, though, our experience was wonderful, especially since it is difficult to find places to eat that are so attentive to allergy issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, the food was fantastic,AmberAndTonyDined on 2/22/2014As always, the food was fantastic, and our mixologist, Annie, was stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablemaryvigDined on 2/22/2014Hi, I want to only bring up one bad experience we had and that was while waiting for our friends at the bar, my husband and I ordered our drinks. For me a glass of merlot and for him Glenlivet which you did not have. So the bartender suggested a few others and my husband chose one thinking it was of similar taste and value. Until we paid the bill! His glass of scotch was $27 which was a bit of a put-off. Had he known he surely would have ordered something else and I do believe there is a classy way of being told the price tag before just pouring. Other than that, the place is adorable, clean, fun and our meals were all delicious. Overall a wonderful place we will go back to but be more careful on scotch selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunch spotlindaDined on 2/22/2014I went for lunch on a recent Saturday. Menu was different with good choices. Try the bacon wrapped, goat cheese dates! Service was excellent, kitchen performed food substitutions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureRussTDined on 2/21/2014Our third visit to the Cedar Street Grille within four months. Server always excellent. Noise only intrusive after 7:30 PM. Menu is a bit limited but the range is broad and the food is always inventive, very well presented, and delicious. Nice selection of wines and a great selection of beers. Both the lobster sliders and the burger sliders were notable, along with the Bistro salad and the onion strings. We will continue to dine there regularly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven but very gooodNboroVIPDined on 2/20/2014Its hard not to like Cedar Stdreet. Its atmosphere is pleasant, offering a bar area and more open dining area. The menu is a diverse one with small plates (really not very small), a modest main menu, and side options. Good prices, service... This all said, I have some quibbles. This is a place one needs a bit of practice to enjoy. First of all, the parking is well above the restaurant. As a person with a slight disability I was disappointed, given a somewhat icy driveway and parking lot, that there is no handicap parking, and one doesn't find the rear entrance easily. Portions are very large and some are heavy. My fried chciken was mainly heavy fry and little chicken. My friend's short ribs were delicious but, as well, seemed very heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty HangerwistahhDined on 2/19/2014Barbara, our server, and the hanger steak were the evening's two standouts. Barbara provided excellent service and a link to our previous visits when the restaurant(Le Béarn) was owned by a wonderful French couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Great brunch. Food was outstanding. Too many items to choose. Will have to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Cuisine with FlairJBFoodLoverDined on 2/15/2014Cedar Street Grille has an interesting and varied menu featuring both "small plates" and full meal "large plates." The two of us ordered "small plates" salads to start - a Cedar Salad (house salad) and a Hearts of Palm Salad from the Valentine weekend special menu, followed by entrees of filet mignon and seared duck breast from the specials menu. All food was flavorful and prepared with care using fresh, quality ingredients. We ordered a beer (Anchor Steam) and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc which complemented our entree choices. For dessert we shared a special Godiva chocolate mousse, served in a hard chocolate shell, with a garnish of whipped cream. Our server was pleasant and attentive. All in all, we had an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Dinner was fantastic. We certainly ate almost everything on our plates,which seems like a common occurrence at the table 3 . The drinks were fun too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatsoundsDined on 2/14/2014I have been there twice, and both times every thing was great.Special Features:
- Repeat customerCurlyDined on 2/14/2014Particularly Enjoyed the salmon at lunch on Valentines Day. It was moist and not overcooked. My sister enjoyed the same dish. We almost always get the salmon. Would love to have more fish offerings for lunch. Fish tacos perhaps? Rather expensive for lunch. Salmon dish is $21!Special Features:
- Small but wonderful!DocTDined on 2/8/2014This is a find! The food was good but the service was outstanding! A varied menu with a great wine list. Friendly service and we were treated like family. I would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner after day in BostonRonSDined on 2/1/2014My wife and I spent the day in Boston and stopped by Cedar Street for dinner on the return trip to W. Mass. We were not disappointed. The food was fresh and flavorful and the staff was attentive and friendly. The restaurant was very busy but the pace of our dinner was perfect for a leisurely and relaxing dinner. The roasted brussel sprouts appetizer, artic char and mushroom ravioli were all outstanding. The local and craft beer selection was excellent.Special Features:
- Pork chop special was meltEad123Dined on 1/31/2014Pork chop special was melt in your mouth deliciousness! My fiancé is still talking about it. Our server was excellent!! Will definitely recommend and return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2014I have been here three times and highly recommend it. Excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb serviceBostonambassadorDined on 1/24/2014Service was far above normal. Buttermilk chicken had an excellent crust, but the chicken itself was too salty. Not sure how that could happen. Dirty mash potatoes was a little too dirty and I'm not sure why……just not appealing, maybe too "earthy from the gravy". My wife and her friend liked their meals, but I don't think I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, but pricey for lunchCurlyDined on 1/21/2014Cedar Street Grille is a convenient spot for me and my sisters to meet near the intersection of I-84 and Mass. Pike. It's clean and service is good. Menu choices are very limited. We always seem to get the salmon. This time I got the parsnip soup which was good and the Panzanella salad. Salad was ok; rather hard to eat on narrow rectangular plate. Very pricey for lunch considering I'm use to Boston prices. Wish they varied their menu and lowered prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.luv2dineDined on 1/18/2014Excellent food and service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Than Just A RestauranttonyDined on 1/18/2014This really turned out to be a great place to meet old friends. The room was quiet so we could talk, the food was terrific and the service was great. We were not rushed and had a great evening catching up on old times. If anyone wants to go to a place that is more than just getting a meal this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!deevkuDined on 1/18/2014We're from Western Mass and met friends from Eastern Mass halfway in Sturbridge. Found this place online and we weren't disappointed. It was upscale yet comfortable and casual atmosphere. Food choices were unique and fun. We especially loved the bacon wrapped and cheese stuffed date tappas dish! I ordered a la carte dinner and my husband ordered a complete meal. We were both very happy with our selections. We moved to the bar after dinner for an after dinner drink with our friends. The cocktail choices are also unique. One was a bacon infused bourbon drink. Actually, bacon was a bit of a theme for us that night. We would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidpointDustementDined on 1/17/2014Sturbridge is about equidistant from good friends in NH and us in CT, so we all were very pleased to find Cedar Street Grill for getting together every 7-10 weeks, which we've done now 3-4 times. The service has always been excellent and the menu surprising (for Central Massachusetts) and the food always good. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant surveynewcomerDined on 1/16/2014On the whole, the food was pretty good except my wife wasn't particularly impressed with the calimari...would have preferred it without the vegetables mixed in. Also, I thought the meal was a bit overpriced for what basically is a tourist town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, serviceDaveDined on 1/12/2014Outstanding food, service and atmosphere. Would definitely revisit and highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualShepherdDined on 1/9/2014We had a great dinner, as usual. We were celebrating out 43rd wedding anniversary. We had Barbara as our server and she was very pleasant and knowledgeable on the menu selections and the preparation of them.Special Features:
- Great relaxing time!!!!!!StewDined on 12/31/2013Wife and I went for New Years eve dinner, very relaxing and excellent food, service and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This One Is a Keeper!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013Great service and great food! We arrived early for our reservation. No waiting, seated us right away. Plenty of variety on the menu. The lamb ragout was outstanding. My personal favorite is the shrimp and grits(polenta) served at brunch. This place is a usual haunt for my girlfriend and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Due to time restraints weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013Due to time restraints we emailed our order in and we had plenty of time to enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 14 Years and countingrrmpjDined on 12/10/2013We had our wedding meal at Le Berne 14 years ago and had a romantic dinner last Tuesday. Different owners but outstanding. Although we do not live locally we do dine there 4 or 5 times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What request?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2013I had requested a table in which my guest and I could sit next to each other, instead of across from each other, and the request was never honored, nor was it even brought up when we were seated. Kind of set the tone for the entire experience. Only okay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pre-theater spotDNowellDined on 12/7/2013the Eagle Hill School in Hardwick has great music and shows in their gorgeous auditorium. and Cedar Street Grille is a good halfway spot between Worcester and Hardwick, and has become our go-to dinner spot before events at Eagle Hill. if they could get Tree House beers back on the menu it'd be awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meetin placeAndyDined on 12/7/2013I found this place by luck as we were searching for a 1/2 way point to meet my cousins who live near Hartford and I live near NH border. When I walked in, I saw the nice bar set up and the had XM radio or something like that playing excellent music, some blues soft rock, nice to listen to. The staff were more than pleasant. My family decided to make this our new meeting place. So you'll be seeing more of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful small platesDocTDined on 12/6/2013The small plates were outstanding at the Cedar Street Grille. Delicious scallops and shrimp. This is a must visit!Special Features:
- Fantastic NIght!SueBDined on 11/30/2013This is my second time to the restaurant. This time i brought friends and my husband. They were all blown away by the menu and the food. Our waitress was great too. I'd definitely recommend the restaurant for a fabulous eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went here only becauseAnotherHenryBowmanVIPDined on 11/30/2013We went here only because we were in the area (it's about 1 hour from home), but will certainly make a point to go back. Lots of menu items with bacon (from apps, to dinner, to drinks) - which can never be bad. We had the Bistro Salad, Poached Pear Salad, Crazy Dates (Bacon wrapped dates with cranberry vinegrete) and L-moules Frittes (mussels and fries). The food was outstanding, the space and service was great - can’t wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!westpointDined on 11/29/2013Sturbridge is a kind of half-way meeting place for my family, and the restaurants up until now were fair. Loved the small plates at the Cedar Street Grille and found the food to be five star. We WILL return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our visit to Cedar StreetTSLSVIPDined on 11/21/2013Our visit to Cedar Street Grill was very good. In my opinion, they have a very nice bar in which to enjoy a ore dinner drink. The selection of draft beers is unusual, focusing on some local microbrews. As for dinner, we enjoyed the buttermilk chicken and the braised short ribs. Both were very good. We started with the Cedar salad which while nothing unusual, was good. Overall, our dinner was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very friendly,CaroleDined on 11/15/2013Service was very friendly, but a little slow. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceSaavyDinerDined on 11/12/2013Enjoyed the food, the ambience and wine. Would recommend to others, as well as dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.