Cedar Street Grille
12 Cedar Street
Sturbridge, MA 01566Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Cedar Street Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cedarstreetgrille.com/
- Phone: 5083475800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: CLOSED Lunch Tuesday through Saturday: 11:30am-3:00pm Dinner Tuesday through Saturday: 4:30pm-close Sunday: Open for dinner only at 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nick Faucher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the perfect setting for an intimate gathering. The restaurant is available for private functions on Mondays, Sunday mornings and afternoons.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah J Gottlieb 8602351286
- Special Events: We offer the perfect setting for baby or bridal showers on Sunday mornings. Please contact Sarah J Gottlieb at email@example.com for further information.
A word from Cedar Street Grille
A lively American bistro with a menu that encourages sharing, exploration and the celebration of food. American specialties with a unique flair on the standards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cedar Street Grille - Best Restaurants in Sturbridge ›
Cedar Street Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (35)great for lunch (23)romantic (19)hot spot (17)good for groups (14)great for brunch (13)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fun new alternative in Sturbridge.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2011Good concept of small tapas plates or large diner size. Even small plates were ample portion. Nice layout particularly the bar. Service was prompt, efficient and friendly. Prices were reasonable with the exception of wine which more than doubled the store price of a bottle. Highlights were stuffed dates with bacon and the Avocado salad. Not so great was the carbonara with overwhelming hit of pepper (think white was used as well as black. A mistake). All in all a welcome makeover for the original restaurant that was overpriced and stodgy (although the food was quite good).
- It exceeded my expectations,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2011It exceeded my expectations, which were set pretty high!Special Features:
- Renevated, quite differentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2011Renevated, quite different in style from before. However, we were pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Unfortunately our male bartender/waOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2011Unfortunately our male bartender/waiter had no personality and apparently "short term" memory. My husband did not like his food&didn't even eat it yet our server never came over to ask us if we liked our food. After telling the hostess he didn't like his meal&asking for our check, our server never made an attempt to get our check or speak with us at all. He only had 4 people at the bar so he wasn't busy. I'd see him talking most of the time. No sense of urgency. The hostess brought us our check after noticing the server still hadn't given it. Our check still had the uneaten meal charge. I gave the server my credit card to run. He proceeded to empty out his dishwasher instead of running my card. Overall just a bad experience&won't be back.
- This is the first time weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2011This is the first time we have been and we will definitely be back. The only 2 complaints we have are the hostess never gave us a menu for the restaurant week selections that were available and our waitress never asked if we wanted to take our left over food home. One of us had half a dish of macaroni and cheese left and was looking forward to bringing it home. Other than that, we have nothing but great things to say. The food was fantastic. The prices extremely reasonable. The atmosphere was wonderful. So glad we decided to go and are looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Went again for RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2011Went again for Restaurant week - this was my 2nd visit this week. Food was excellent. Service was good. We sat in the bar area this time. It wasn't that noisy, but I just like the quainter atmosphere in the restaurant side. I'll definately request that next time.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2011The food was outstanding, and the added space makes a huge improvement in the atmosphere. Will go again for sure!Special Features:
- seating was a little tight.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2011seating was a little tight. there was a large group next to us that took most of the space. the temp of the room was cold and i asked the waitress if a window or door was open but she did not seem to care. the food was good but i liked the "old" cedar street better.
- This was my 2nd visit to theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2011This was my 2nd visit to the restaurant and it was excellent. I am going back again in a few days with more friends. Best addition to Sturbridge. I was missing food in Boston but now we have it here. Love the decor. Well done.Special Features:
- We were pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/10/2011We were pleasantly surprised with the restaurant offerings, particularly the small plates, since our last visit before becoming the "Grille." The preparation and presentation of their dishes was notable.Special Features:
- The food and drinks were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/9/2011The food and drinks were very good. Although we were not as happy about the seating and noise. We were seated in the bar area and it was so noisy we had a hard time talking to our friends. The bistro tables/chairs were so close to each other it disturbed guests at the next table when we were seated or got up. Next time I would ask to be seated in the regular dining room.Special Features:
- Great Food, But Noisy & Over-SpeedymillerdDined on 4/9/2011This was our second visit to CSGrille (having been regular customers of the former Cedar Street). Very noisy, and food is still delivered too rapidly (though less so than at our first visit). That is, 2nd dish follows 1st dish too quickly; hardly any break in between. Wine list is very limited relative to former CS, and ambiance has greatly deteriorated. What remains, however, is that the food is outstanding, which is most likely enough to keep us returning, though it's no where near as enjoyable as previously, and it's unlikely we'd want to bring friends here. (Would not be able to hear them speak over background noise!).
- There were 3 of us and weJoyfulDined on 4/7/2011There were 3 of us and we weren't overly hungry so we shared 5 plates and loved each one of them. The salmon cake was moist and well-seasoned and came with some greens. The truffle fries were as good as I've had them anywhere! We had delicious wine and our waitress was in charge of the bar every other night of the week so was very knowledgeable and gave us great tips on wine. Wish I lived closer--I'd make it a regular haunt.Special Features:
- When we arrived with an OpenTableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/6/2011When we arrived with an OpenTable reservation, we were told it would be a 30 min. wait. We noticed many open tables and we were told they were for reservations, we reminded them we had a reservation and were then taken to the bar for seating. We pressed and were then seated in the dining room. Food and waitstaff service were very good.
- Especially knowledgeable waitress.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/5/2011Especially knowledgeable waitress. She knew every ingredient of every item on the menu and how they were prepared. She was also very attentive throughout the visit. The food wasn't quite as good as the service, but it was interesting. A number of small plates ( tapas) offered with a number of large plates available. Former restaurant building has been enlarged so there is much more privacy between tables.Special Features:
- We had one tapas dish theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2011We had one tapas dish the fried goat cheese. Wonderful slightly sweet glaze was great with tangy cheese. Reasonably priced wine by the glass. Bar tables could have lighting a bit brighter. My husband had pasta and I had the scallops. No complaintsSpecial Features:
- Room was a little noisy asOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2011Room was a little noisy as it was small and tables were close. Food was great with many different choices. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Wow!! An excellent experience.Diner1VIPDined on 4/1/2011Wow!! An excellent experience. We hadn't been to Cedar Street since the new management, new menu and the renovations. This is an excellent night out. We sampled the "small" menu and enjoyed the "Angry" clams (great taste), the fried cheese (perhaps the best of the night), the spicy shrimp (tender and fresh) and the special mussels dish (flavorful). We didn't have room for dessert, but looking around at other tables... it looked like a great way to end the night. The renovations really make the place look young, vibrant and fun. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- This was out first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2011This was out first visit to the restaurant under its new ownership. The expanded, renovated space and additon of the bar area have given the restaurant a great new identity and energy. The menu is vey appealing, especially with the option of small plates, which should satisfy those with smaller appetites. Our server, Jill, was vivacious, professional and very helpful with suggestions for both food and drink choices. Since this reservation, we have already been back to the restaurant for our second visit, and we were just as impressed. We highly recommend the Cedar Street Grille.Special Features:
- Well done. Presentation lovely.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2011Well done. Presentation lovely. Service needs a little work.Special Features:
- To Die ForOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2011Had dinner at Cedar Street Sunday, March 27th. Could possibly be the best meal I have ever had! There was a total of 4 of us and they felt the same way. The service was super, (thanks, Josh), the appetizers were superb, (thanks, Pat for the awesome mussels). Two diners had the fish special, they loved it! Another had chicken marsala and that was great, as well. I had the tuna appetizer it was to die for. Unfortunately, we were all to full to have dessert! Next time, and will certainly be back! Thanks all for a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011We had a great experience! Food was great, service was great, we will be back soon! The renovations work well! I have already recommended the restaurant to friends! Thank you for a great night1Special Features:
- One of the noisiest restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2011One of the noisiest restaurants I have ever been to. Absolutely delicious food. Much too expensive - very little value for what we spent. So if you don't mind spending way too much money and not being able to have a conversation, but just want to have a delicious meal, this is your place..Special Features:
- Good food and lots of optionsTerryDined on 3/25/2011Loved the option of lots of little "plates". We got to try a wide variety and loved everything. The house pita and hummus instead of typical bread was a real treat. The fish tacos were outstanding. The homemade Boston Cream cake was really homemade! Nice remodel with hip decor and friendly staff. Definitely worth a try if you are near Sturbridge.Special Features:
- we were used to the old cedaramowestVIPDined on 3/24/2011we were used to the old cedar street and this did not meet our expectations. it is okay, food not as elegant as it was....much more bistro. okay atmosphere, enjoyed the old atmosphere more. unfortunately lost it's special charm and uniqueness, not much different from any other bistro.Special Features:
- Great!!! Great food , relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2011Great!!! Great food , relaxing atmosphere,perfect for a meal with friendss!Special Features:
- First time visitor since newOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2011First time visitor since new ownership and the remodeling of the restaurant. Was very impressed with the remodeling job. Very nice bar area as well as the rest of the place. Nice unique menu with a nice variety of choices. Service was attentive and punctual. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Renovations were very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2011Renovations were very nice but service was poor. I think there were only 2 waitresses on and it showed. Food was pretty good but pricey.
- Attitude ruined experienceJudiDined on 3/19/2011Bartender disaster ... Bartender inappropriately escalated a disagreement with the family next to us....then the bartenders boyfriend who was sitting at bar grabbed one of the ladies and pulled her outside. This is normally a wonderful place but the bartenders actions were completely inexcusable. and it made it uncomfortable for everyone. Normally I would give this high reviews but the personnel needs professionalism. January 14 2012Special Features:
- interesting menu - very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/19/2011interesting menu - very pleasant service - nice wine list that was bvery reasonably priced.Special Features:
- We did not know that the restaurantToughtopleaseVIPDined on 3/19/2011We did not know that the restaurant had been completely gutted and remodeled and that was under new management with a new chef. Fortunately the food turned out to be very good. Unfortunately, the remodel created a space that is horrendously noisy-even the waiters said it's terrible and they can't hear the customers. However, there are plans to do something to remedy the situation.
- Staff was friendly and helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2011Staff was friendly and helpful and very accommodating for those with gluten allergies. Prices were reasonable and they had a nice selection of wines to choose from. Although they didn't have any gluten free desserts on the menu that night the chef made me up a wonderful dish with fresh berries.
- Wonderful food selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2011Wonderful food selections and great price. Everything that was ordered was delicious.
- Sturbridge foodie says Yes!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2011Much improved from soft opening. Angry clams, fried calamari, and fried goat cheese were notable. Specials of the night were also standouts -- chowder and catch of the day. Sliders were also nicely dine in fresh baked bread bun. Raspberry lemon swirl tart was a good cap to the night. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Righteous RenovationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011You can't beat the personal service at this place! The same can be said for their sister location (The Ugly Duckling/the Whistling Swan). The ever changing menu allows for frequent dining without boredom. Compared to what the space was before, this place is roomy and refined with a transitional feel. The speed of service was the only downfall, but the atmosphere provided for conversation that helped the time between courses and sips seem less than it actually was. We will be return on a regular basis.Special Features:
- This is the first time thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2011This is the first time that we were there since the renovations. We really liked the bistro atmosphere. Food was delicious and presentation was just lovely. The wine was excellent and affordable. Mousse dessert was scrumptous!Special Features:
- We will definetely return.TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2011We will definetely return.The hostess was very personable and attentive, only negative is we were seated in the bar area wich was very loud ,will request main dining room in the future.
- Food was very good, but service1happycamperDined on 3/5/2011Food was very good, but service and atmosphere both need work. Very noisy, tables too close together. The brussells sprouts were a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Loved the new look and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2011Loved the new look and the food was fabulous. Paul, the chef, came out to see how everything was and the waitress was very knowledgeable. Great presentation.Special Features:
- We felt rushed through ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2011We felt rushed through our meal. Like being in a very high-end fast food joint. Food was excellent. Room was very loud. Difficult to have a quiet conversation. Will not return soon and will not recommend.Special Features: