2500 Folsom St
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.heirloom-sf.com/
- Phone: 4158212500x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00 Am - 2:00 Pm; Lunch: Friday: 12:00 Pm - 2:00 Pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Californian
- Executive Chef: Matt Straus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: The Heirloom dining room seats up to 48 people, and the restaurant is available for full or partial buy-outs.
- Private Party Contact: Matt 4158212500x
A word from Heirloom Cafe
Heirloom Cafe is an intimate restaurant with first-quality, day-fresh cuisine and a wine list full of the world's greatest wines, young and old. We're pleased to offer our food and wine and great service at very reasonable prices, and in a very comfortable and simple setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Heirloom Cafe - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Heirloom Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (78)notable wine list (44)special occasion (38)romantic (34)good for groups (28)hot spot (8)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Lovrly but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/7/2014Your price characteristic on open Table way under sold the real cost. I really enjoyed, but it was $420 for 6 with wine total at $98. Not what I was expectingSpecial Features:
- Lovely staff and food to matchNeighborhood101Dined on 5/1/2014The whole experience was great from the moment you enter. The food is excellent and beautifully presented. The wine choices are excellent. I love this place, it is a treasure in the neighborhood. It is a lovely restaurant with a simple but very elegant decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still engaging after a yearseriousnosherDined on 4/30/2014Returning to Heirloom Café after a year brought with it some apprehension - would it be as enjoyable as our visit in 2013, could the performance re food and service then be matched? The answer, Yes, thank goodness. The same quality of service and interesting menu, with a very enjoyable three-course prix fixe offering which presented excellent ingredients. Our server was attentive, knowledgeable and pleasant, despite being quite busy. The only quibble, and it is just a quibble, is that the restaurant can get noisy when there is a large, enthusiastic group present. Otherwise, a very enjoyable evening and we will go back.Special Features:
- A true delightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014Very simple decor, terrific service. The food was absolutely excellent. Appetizer was burrata on asparagus, main courses were epoise-filled burger and scallops. Mouth-watering. Everything was done to perfection. Hard to believe it's in this simple, Mission District neighborhood, but it is so worth the trip!Special Features:
- long wait with reservationfleurDined on 4/16/2014Good, but despite a reservation waited for 40 minutes to be seatedVery charming, lovely date spot but was a little disappointed that I had to wait so long despite my open Table reservation.Special Features:
- Delicious but a bit priceyjamienicoledeanVIPDined on 4/14/2014Everything we ordered was great and the restaurant had a great atmosphere. Small(ish) plates, which was actually good because we didn't end up with leftovers. It was a bit expensive for a dinner for two, which would be the only downside. $110 - one drink each, two appetizers, one main, one side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Restaurant in SFSFwinoVIPDined on 4/10/2014Heirloom ranks in top 3 fav restaurants in sf. Visited mid week and had a perfectly prepared, delicious three course meal with pairings. Not stuffy or pretentious, Heirloom truly encourages enjoyment of the food and wine. The staff all around is super helpful, friendly, and glad to serve. Heirloom is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing ordinary about this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2014We, a birthday group of 8, ordered just about everything on the menu and each dish met with oohs and ahs from the table. Excellent service, relaxed pace. Extensive wine list and we were very pleased with our choice. Can't wait for the next occasion to go there.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceDavidSFOVIPDined on 4/2/2014Great food, service, atmosphere...it all just works. Please Heirloom, don't change a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulCamilleDined on 3/29/2014As I said before I finished my last two bites of food "I am going to be so sad this is going to be over in two minutes." Lovely, unique and comforting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED!!glyinscDined on 3/28/2014Had a great meal in such a cool old Victorian house with wonderful service. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Had planned for a quartet...foodXVIPDined on 3/28/2014Our invited friends missed out on a memorable meal and fun evening, unexpectedly. We went anyway and enjoyed an excellent burrata appetizer, kale salad and halibut. Nice portion size and a reasonable edited wine list with good selections make us want to come back again with our friends. Tolerable noise level and a low key setting make it a great find for a Friday night dining out destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Dining ExperiencekidfreenightDined on 3/27/2014Easy to miss when driving by, but once inside -- quite lovely. The decor is very charming and warm, staff - great, and the food and drinks also very good. I had pan seared halibut served with spring vegetables and couscous while my husband had chicken served in a broth with herbed bread pudding (he said reminiscent of chicken and dumplings). For dessert we had rhubarb/fennel upside down cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in the MissionSFFoodieVIPDined on 3/26/2014A warm and inviting restaurant with an interesting menu and great food. Ingredients are fresh and local, preparation is interesting without being overly complex, and all the dishes we had were tasty. A nice if short wine list. Friendly and efficient staff. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant shockMulcaheyVIPDined on 3/21/2014My first experience of the Heirloom Café and I was shocked by how good the food was, even on a busy Friday night. Every dish that came to the table had interest, character and depth, and was delicious and beautifully prepared. The wine list was well and thoughtfully selected, and the waiter very knowledgeable about it. The one drawback I can think of was the noise of the place, but perhaps that's only because it was a busy night.Special Features:
- One of the great hidden spotsThinmanVIPDined on 3/18/2014One of the great hidden spots in SF. Heirloom never fails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heirloom Cafe - A Hidden JewelJRT2VIPDined on 3/14/2014We have been going to Heirloom Cafe for the past 3 - 4 years. Dined there again this past week to celebrate my wife's birthday. Food always is outstanding, and wine selection complements nicely. Friendly, attentive serve. A truly great dining experience awaits!Special Features:
- Always very special experienceZorGVIPDined on 2/27/2014I make pilgrimage to the Heirloom Cafe on my every trip to San Francisco (about twice a month). Great good, amazing wine program and incredible hospitality sets Heirloom Cafe apart. I make a new wine discovery on almost every visit and sometimes try old favorites. They make you feel at home and I always look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- flexible and fantastic all aroundyummersDined on 2/22/2014I made reservations for two...three showed up and Heirloom seated us all (even before our reservation) without a problem. This was the first time I made reservations although I've eaten here many times. I've always loved everything I've had: both food and wine. Heirloom has accomodated late arrivals (minutes before the kitchen closed), food allergies, & my ignorance of wine with a graceful ease. The environment has a sense of large family dinners at home, complete with a communal table and open kitchen with bar seating. The staff is nice, without being too casual (which, paired with the casual decor, balances quite well to maintain a sense of elegant dining.) Finally, a must-have is the secret burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, perfect,perfectVineyardgirlDined on 2/22/2014I took visiting friends from Boston here; they dine out constantly in many cities as they travel for work with regularity. The lamb was perfection, the truffled gnocchi light and earthy. They appreciated the "just right" portion sizes and we all felt the service impeccable. As locals, we enjoy the reduced corkage fee for older wines as well as the thoughtful offerings of the wine list. The room itself is lovely, welcoming and at once both the essence of San Francisco and feel of a Provencal gem. My pals are now looking forward to returning to Heirloom on their next visit - first time they've requested a repeater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely a flawless experiencedevedr1Dined on 2/15/2014Heirloom was full on Saturday evening. The menu fit on one-page - always a good sign for me. I ordered the crab salad to share as a starter- the service was impeccable. The salad arrived on 2 plates- plenty to share it was well presented, full of flavors and a great start with a Sancerre wine. Patrick had the hamburger and I had the black cod with Brussels sprouts and a light sauce. we also ordered kale on a bed of carrot humus. chose 2 different cheeses for desert: local blue and a goat cheese. One of the best meal I have had lately - extremely fresh ingredient, outstanding service, not too noisy but plenty of atmosphere and easy to park. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Valentine's DinnerAlobarVIPDined on 2/14/2014This was the first Valentine's dinner @ Heirloom. I was initially surprised at their Valentine's prix-fixe dinner menu (limited choice). But after a bit of review, we found all prix-fixe items excellent. Our server gladly substituted the Dungeness crab starter (we are both sadly allergic!) with two salads (roasted heirloom beets and butter lettuce). The main course dishes (black cod & lamb loin) were prepared flawlessly. My only ask of them is to diversify the choices for wine-by-the-glass (more CA wines) and also offer 2-3 half-bottles for the reds(hence one star deduction). Service was well done (attentive, yet not over-bearing) Otherwise, excellent meal and highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumEricDined on 2/13/2014Food was incredible even though I have a cold and nothing tastes good. Will be coming back to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic experience as alwaysNumberOneTheLarchVIPDined on 2/12/2014Kate and Kathleen were awesome. The food was spectacular as usual. My 4th visit. Each one has been a special occasion and/or had a visitor come from far away (Sydney, Warsaw, Sydney). Unpretentious, friendly vibe and service. Fantastic corkage policy - I love bringing older wines here and supplementing from their list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight was KateOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/7/2014We truly loved the gem Heirloom Cafe. It was a sweet surprise so far off the beaten track, Kate was amazing and so versed in food and wine. The energy was great, food awesome, wine list notably suitable to the food…..very easy ambiance, decor and felt like we were at someones home….we will recommend and come back next visit to SF!! Kim and ClarenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday with FamilySarahDined on 2/7/2014we read about Heirloom Cafe in Bon Appetit and made our reservation two months in advance, not sure if that is a necessity but we were coming in from out of town and planning out our trip. It was a delicious meal and a joyous experience. They seemed to go out of their way as they knew it was my husband's fortieth. Wonderful ambience with just the right amount of light, flickering candles. Our servers were very patient and attentive while we chose our wines, and appeared at the right time without being obtrusive. A little noisy, but not so much you had to shout to be heard. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Homey ElegancemariacarmenDined on 1/30/2014Not every dish worked, but overall the experience here is wonderful. I'm dying to come back for the Epoisses burger, and to try more of the amazing wine list. A very cozy, locals place.Special Features:
- Delicious 'comfort food',peanutDined on 1/25/2014Delicious 'comfort food', I had the crab salad and then the chicken. Everything was great. We felt slightly rushed through our dinner, the courses came out without even 5 mins to breathe in between. But we loved the experience and the food overall, that would be my only minor and hopefully constructive criticism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurant, okay food/serviceeaterDined on 1/21/2014went here for my wife's 30th birthday party. ambience was great and the food was okay, but the service was slow and unorganized. okay for a simple weeknight dinner, but better values can be found in SF & northbay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming and warm vibe. ClassiclenushVIPDined on 1/11/2014Welcoming and warm vibe. Classic bistro fare, tweaked to modern sensibilities. Astonishing wine list -- not the predictable, fancy, expensive list so common now -- but a selection of unusual offerings and many older vintages at prices you'd be willing to pay in a retail store.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SURPRISE!!!EatmyheartoutVIPDined on 1/7/2014What a pleasure! The frisee and crab salad, the onion & pork belly tart, the duck was AMAZING! the chicken delicious. AND a cheese board. I want to RUN not walk to return to this restaurant---just wish parking were a bit easier. But worth the trouble! FUN and the owner is great to visit. Ashley, the server, is AMAZING. Go and treat yourself to a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Excellent food, very attentiveGregoryVIPDined on 12/20/2013Excellent food, very attentive and caring personnel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the restaurant. Will go back.lswarDined on 12/13/2013Only problem is that the fish that was on the menu permeated the restaurant....affected our meal.Special Features:
- High-end comfortTimothyFloydDined on 12/10/2013High-quality ingredients prepared with care and inspiration. Healthy options that are celebratory rather than overtly nutritional. Well-selected wine list. Mellow and professional staff.Special Features:
- Pro: Nice atmosphere - placeGoldylawksDined on 12/9/2013Pro: Nice atmosphere - place was abuzz on Monday evening and fun. Great vegetables. One huge con: Wine list far too expensive for the restaurant. It was hard to find anything under $60 or $70 per bottle (especially local) and a significant percentage of the list is over $100 (even $200). Small pours from servers for by-the-glass purchases reinforce this -- you will spend $70/bottle whichever way you slice it. We probably won't be back due to this, as the wine prices reflect a 'special occasion' restaurant, while the food/atmosphere are good, but not special enough to splurge on. A few wines in the $40-$50 range would go a long way.Special Features:
- Not as good as the first timeKPeatsoutDined on 12/6/2013I returned because the first dining experience was amazing in every way. This time the flavor a were not as perfect and the service good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/6/2013Every bit as good as the more well-lknown restaurants in the neighborhood, without the attitude or lines.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/6/2013Absolutely wonderful experience at Heirloom Cafe. The food was fabulous. Wine was expensive but unforgettable. Worth the money. The gnocchi was especially good. We were visiting SF but told our family that lives nearby that they have to try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently puts out well-composedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/4/2013Consistently puts out well-composed, thoughtful dishes that not only look appealing when they hit the table but smell and taste wonderful too. Been going to heirloom off and on since it first opened, and it's never disappointed. That epoisses-stuffed hamburger is perfectly seasoned, moist and hearty. Love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I live in Arizona, but whenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2013I live in Arizona, but when I visit San Francisco I visit the Heirloom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.