Ristorante Da Mario
14441 Big Basin Way
Saratoga, CA 95070Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ristorante Da Mario
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristorantedamario.com/
- Phone: 4087411518
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sandro Costanza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music with Pasquale Esposito, first Thursday of the month. Live jazz music on Saturdays
A word from Ristorante Da Mario
Authentic Southern Italian Restaurant, Chef owners Sandro and Mario provide excellent food and ambiance old world style.Very dedicated to details , prompt service is a complement to outstanding food and wines. We have live music on Saturdays and various events throughout the year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante Da Mario - Best Restaurants in Saratoga ›
Ristorante Da Mario reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)romantic (18)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (14)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (8)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- This is Italian !NoodlesDined on 12/22/2013I've been to a lot of italian restaurants from San Frnacisco to New York...but some of the best are not always in the big city. I love this restaurant because it is lively yet relaxing, stimulating yet quiet...the food is superb, authenic. The wait staff isfirst class, andmeal presentation impressive. Good food takes time to prepare yet I have never felt like I was waiting for anything...the ambienacve, service, wine, and friendliness creates a feeling of joy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun on a Friday NightLorenzaDined on 12/20/2013The food here is always excellent & authentic. The staff is always friendly & they make you feel like family. I have been there with and without live music, so disregard the noise level rating (it was required) because it depends on whether or not there is live music. If not, the noise level is low. If there IS music, the noise level is high. But the music is fun and we were encouraged to sing & dance. The owner even sang a few songs! Very lively and in great spirits for holiday time. I don't normally like live music in a restaurant because it's hard to talk, but this was actually fun. If you prefer it to be quiet, inquire about which nights they have a musician when you make your reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for LunchvalliDined on 12/16/2013I have eaten here for lunch several times with girlfriends and the food is always good as well as their prices. Service is normally good. Good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/14/2013Reviews panned out :) Petroleum sole was light, flavorful, perfectly cooked, beautifully prepared dish. Pork ribs with Gemelli presented good but somewhat underdone pasta to our taste. Ribs were wonderful. Carpaccio was very generously portioned. Bread fresh. Service was that kind of knowledgeable and prompt but not hovering kind. Walls and art are a bit dated but nice. GO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soBlankDined on 12/14/2013Our food was not hot enough so we asked for it to be heated up more. Then we waited ages for it to come back and when we received it back mine was only fractionally hotter and my husband's was exactly the same temperature. Disappointing.
- Great ambianceJRGomezDined on 12/13/2013Food and service are good, real feel of Italy from staff and food Musician playing when we had dinner was very good and created a very enjoyable environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealvth1Dined on 12/3/2013Good food, nice atmosphere. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite Italian placesLauraVIPDined on 11/29/2013We always enjoy our dinners at Ristorante di Mario. The food is consistently good, there is usually music, and the waiter really knows his wines! We had a relaxing family dinner, never felt rushed, and stayed for dessert (not to be missed)!Special Features:
- Even with a limited by theAbcalumDined on 11/27/2013Even with a limited by the glass wine list, they didn't have our choice. So we would recommend you bring your own bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!Ferrari2k2Dined on 11/26/2013This place never lets us down. Always great food, great service, and a great time! I have never found anything on the menu I haven't liked. The specials are always delicious, and the desserts are among the best. Definitely will keep returning to Da Mario.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good in a pinchFoodie4VIPDined on 11/15/2013We went to Da Mario because it's close by and pasta always pleases the kids. Menu could use some updating and we didn't hear about any specials. Dishes are a little pricey but this fits the neighborhood. Friendly service, cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitwineluvrDined on 10/31/2013After a dozen visits, I have still never been disappointed. This place is great.Special Features:
- Likeablesquash2Dined on 10/26/2013Great food yet again, I've come back again for an anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second chance a successRichardDined on 10/19/2013My wife and I returned to Ristorante Da Mario a month after a less than ideal experience, where my entree was served a good twenty minutes after all the other guests finished eating, and was not what I ordered (I had asked for veal parmigiana, not on the menu, but presumably easily made since eggplant parmigiana and chicken parmigiana were available choices). Without asking me, I was given veal marsala with mushrooms. The saving grace was the entree was excellent- so I returned to order this same entree, and try to figure out how to make it myself. Again, it was excellent, and so was the Caesar salad that preceded this entree. I also loved the tartufo desert. We were happy with the efficient and pleasant service, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reason to repeatSMHGDined on 10/19/2013By virtue of the experience, I would definitely return to this restaurant or recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2013I can't wait to return. The food, wine and service was excellent! We had a window seat and it was lovely to have a view of downtown Saratoga.Special Features:
- Nice for familybyranVIPDined on 10/18/2013We had family in town, and took them here, it was nice, not to fancy but very good, everyone had a good meal and they have a nice wine selection, thanks.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceLiyndaLDined on 10/12/2013Food items that were ordered didn't arrive. Drinks did not arrive in a timely manner It appears they did not have a full wait staff. Ran out of desserts
- Saratoga GemmamockDined on 10/12/2013My husband and I enjoy this restaurant for a great Italian dinner experience. We have visited it twice, and are impressed by the variety of items available and quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceEightiesChildDined on 9/27/2013I had a great time at Ristorante de Mario. The food and service was exquisite. The ambiance was great, and the music by Fernando Lezama was beautiful. He did a great job of setting the mood. The carrot soup was my favorite.Special Features:
- The food and wine were good,Annie3Dined on 9/21/2013The food and wine were good, but the service needs improvement. The maitre d' acted as if our presence was an interruption. The server spoke to and made eye contact directly with my husband initially, not to me. Kind of funny, since I'm the one who paid the bill. The restaurant was crowded, thus the noise level was very high. The only reason the service was rated fair was due to the staff member who filled our water glasses; she was very kind and apologetic about the wait for everything. We won't be back; Bella Saratoga is 2 blocks down the street with excellent food, wine, and service.
- Delicious!DulceMDined on 9/19/2013We will definitely return to this lovely restaurant. It's cozy, the live music is terrific, the food is really good, and everyone was attentive. Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Get TogetherRickiDined on 9/15/2013This restaurant is exceptional. We have dined here several times and every time was a great experience. The food is to die for. Try the Portobello mushroom antipasti. Heavenly!!! There isn't a bad pick in the place. The food will send you to Nirvana. The service is quick, attentive, friendly and professional. Great place to impress a date or business associate. This restaurant is on my top list to keep coming back to dine. I recommend it to my friends and associates.Special Features:
- About those $ 100.00ConchitaDined on 9/14/2013Such a let down. Spent a $100.00 for dinner last Saturday night. I wish we had stayed home instead. My husband ordered pasta with mushrooms and it was so dark and mushy, it almost look like mushy gravy with noodles and I ordered fish besides it being salty I found it to be overcooked. The most important point about sharing our disaster dinner is any restaurant that charges this much for food should be a top notch place. It will be a long time before my husband I return to this restaurant. Thumbs down. I should have taken those negative reviews seriously.
- The food was not somethingbeacamDined on 9/7/2013The food was not something to rave about.Was simple Italian fare.Great location and excellent outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Ristorante Di marioLinusVIPDined on 8/30/2013Went on a Friday evening. Cozy and inviting atmosphere. We had a window table. Service was prompt and friendly. The food was good and reasonably priced. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2013I was not given my points for this dinner. The service was lousy and the food was "ok". The people working there were very loud and rude yelling across the restaurant at each other. I would not go back.
- Second visit to this restaurantHarleyDined on 8/8/2013Second visit to this restaurant with mixed impression. Food was good, not great and a bit pricy for the quality. Very good service from our experienced waiter. We will likely give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After reading reviews of theFoodieDivaDined on 8/3/2013After reading reviews of the restaurant, I was a little hesitate about dining there since I had a coupon from "Living Social". I was pleasantly surprised. We were greeted and seated immediately! (We made an early dinner reservation so that helps) There was some confusion with the food servers on who was actually taking our table but they figured it out. I did have to remind our waiter twice that I ordered wine. He seemed a little confused that evening bringing my boyfriend's beer to another table. Other than that, the food was ok. I had the Linguini with seafood which was good although I would have preferred it hotter, same for my boyfriends pollo nino which was also good but not as hot! Overall, we had a pleasant evening!
- DINING OUT IN SARATOGAceejayDined on 7/31/2013Very reasonably priced . The service was great . The food was yummy . My girlfriend and i had a wonderful dining experience .Very Casual but professionalSpecial Features:
- Great Find!Pk123Dined on 7/30/2013Da Mario was great. Server was very polite and respectful. Food was delicious and timely. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very flavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2013The food was very flavorful and fresh. The homemade Pasta was so good that we would drive farther than Our comfort zone for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2013This place seemed very authentic and had charm. We had a great time and both enjoyed the food very much. We will definitely be coming back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the food and locationPalateDined on 7/27/2013We enjoyed the food and location is very good if you are going to a concert at Mountain Winery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PlaceBrianBDined on 7/22/2013I would recommend this restaurant because the food is very good and the service is also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, wine...I suspectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2013Wonderful food, wine...I suspect the server was new ,not very knowlegeable..BUT, was astute enough to bring over a veteran so we were well taken care of.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very nice dinner.techmann1Dined on 7/6/2013We had a very nice dinner. The menu was heavily "pasta" influenced and we are not big pasta eaters - however the Veal and Seabass we ordered where both very good and reasonably priced. Good wine list, though not outstanding. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!oceanviewDined on 6/27/2013I found Ristorante Da Mario by using Google Maps & entering "Italian restaurant". RDM came up in lovely downtown Saratoga & after looking at the menu & reviews online I decided this was a good place for my friend & I to meet for lunch. Neither of us had been there before. Parking was easy with a lot directly across the street. We sat at a window table, the staff was friendly and the food was excellent. We both had salads along with our main courses (the gorgonzola gnocchi I had was delicious!) and we followed it up with desserts and cappuccinos. My friend asked for a red wine recommendation and the Sangiovese selected by our waiter was excellent. I am so happy to have found Ristorante Da Mario and am looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location, excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/25/2013Had an enjoyable night out without the kids this time. The restaurant was rather quiet being it was a Monday night. The food was very good, my only complaint is that they advertise they charge you $3 for every additional basket of bread and quite frankly the bread basket is nothing too fancy. I think that brings the restaurant down a bit in my mind... I would have given an outstanding rating if not for this.Special Features:
- Worth the wait?Stubl4VIPDined on 6/22/2013Food is very good which is why we keep coming back. Service has never been quick, but always friendly in the past- was slower this time and less friendly I think we are learning that the server makes a big difference in the experience. We'll go back, but I will look for a different server.Special Features: