Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
4701 W. Freeway #100
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buttonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8177354900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am - 3pm, Saturday: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3pm - 10pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3pm - 12am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Soul food
- Executive Chef: Keith "Buttons" Hicks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Buttons’ Catering offers the Buttons' experience for all of your special occasions. Our professional staff will work one-on-one with you to ensure everything exceeds your expectations. Whether you are hosting a corporate luncheon, wedding reception, family reunion or a gathering in your home, we are confident when we say we bring the WOW! factor.
- Entertainment: Buttons hosts live music 5 nights a week,Wednesday -Sunday featuring Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Motown, Old School R&B, Contemporary R&B, 70's-80's-90's Hits as well as live Jazz during Sunday Brunch1-4pm.
A word from Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
Buttons Restaurant is built around the idea that food and music are universal. Buttons is an upscale Southern-chic restaurant and live music venue featuring authentic Southern-comfort dishes that are soothing to the soul. This hip spot boasts an eclectic flair and upbeat vibe where guests can savor tantalizing southern cuisines, listen to the melodic sounds of new and old school favorites and enjoy live musical performances by local and touring artists. A flavorful menu showcases the award-winning entrées of Chef Keith "Buttons" Hicks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)good for groups (50)hot spot (46)great for brunch (42)romantic (41)late-night find (37)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great FoodShadajah2Dined on 4/4/2014This was my first visit to Buttons in Ft. Worth. The food was really good. The band was awesome. I didn't like the set up of the restaurant. I felt like I was sitting on top of the person next to me. This location needs to be bigger. Overall, I enjoyed my experience and would recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great spot for food n fungueroDined on 3/27/2014My wife and I like this spot for an occasional date nite the service is great as well as the food and the weekends include a great live band to keep you dancin in your seat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why a wait?outonthetownDined on 3/23/2014I did not like the fact that we drove an hour to get there and still had to wait to be seated after I made a reservation. This was my second time my first experience was much better as so was the food. I just hate that this was my three guest first time and their experience was not as great at mine the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Music2GreenEyesDined on 3/23/2014We enjoyed the brunch as well as music. I wish there were more these types of local venues where good food is combined with good music. The only suggestion I would have is that it would be great if more fresh foods were included in the brunch - salads, fruits etc. Everything offered was very tasty with nice "twists". We loved the grits for example!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityBsmoothDined on 3/22/2014I used Open Table to make a reservation for 3 at 9pm. We arrived at 8:50, by the time we reached the hostesses; it was 9pm. We were told our table wasn't ready and would receive a text from the restaurant when it was. That was perfectly fine since the live band was so entertaining. I almost didn't notice the text on my phone 11 mins later stating, our table was ready. We ordered calamari and shrimpz appetizers. I had the surf and turf (which i do every time go) as usual, the filet was cooked perfectly (medium), the others had the chicken and waffles, you get a choice of white, dark or mixed), the other had the pot roast. The food was superb. Great place to unwind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeBFosterDined on 3/22/2014The food, service,entertainment and overall ambiance was great and I would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJaywDined on 3/22/2014We had a great time at Buttons. The food and service were excellent and the atmosphere was fun. Background music was well selected for this venue and added so much to the experience. Our server treated us like friends and service was prompt and consistent. The food was tasty and well seasoned and the portions were generous. We always visit Ft. Worth (driving from Arlington, the land of chain restaurants) to dine and look forward to our next visit to Buttons, well worth the drive.Special Features:
- Date nightShellyDined on 3/21/2014Good food and atmosphere Only complaint is wait time and hostess staff. What us the point if making a reservation and still have to wait 15 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even with a reservation weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014Even with a reservation we had to wait half an hour to be seated!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday dinner!!!dimples238Dined on 3/21/2014This was my first trip to Buttons and it was quite enjoyable. We had a booth seat but it was where the patrons wait to be called so seeing the band was impossible. You could hear the band and that was more important to me.The food was very good and it was served in a timely manner. Overall I would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencearl89Dined on 3/19/2014First time at Buttons. Awesome service and food was wonderful. Will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food nightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014I ordered fish and chips. I was told they ran out of their advertised special. I ordered blacken fish. I could not each this because it was too salty and over-spiced. I ordered fried fish for the last order of the day. The waitress was awesome!!!
- Great place, Great time.GpastureDined on 3/16/2014The food was visually attractive. Special note to the waffles and chicken....extreme presentation. Food was well seasoned and not overcooked. You are given ample order of your selection. I came during Sunday Brunch. The food was varied and abundant on the brunch table.I like the way the breakfast foods were presented first and then the lunch section. As you turned at the end of the table, the fruits and desserts were at the to level. I liked the fruits especially the melons however I would have like the portions cut in larger pieces. The menu not only included the breakfast and lunch selection but also the omelet station. I enjoyed the service (our waitress went out of her way to make our evening enjoyable. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceWeekenderDined on 3/15/2014Food is great. Service outstanding and a fun place to enjoy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2014I remember seeing the restaurant on one of Food Network's shows. One of my girlfriends from college came in town and I knew this was the place. The entire time we were in the restaurant we enjoyed ourselves. From the waitress to the band down to the food, there was not a step out of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing atmosphereyellahammer09Dined on 3/7/2014I went to Buttons in Addison first and I really did not like it but the Buttons in Fort Worth was completely different from the moment you walk in. The ambiance was very relaxing, the staff friendly and professional and the food was amazing! I will definitely be going back and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!happy67Dined on 3/7/2014The food was awesome and the service was priceless. Our waitress was on of the best we've ever encountered. We live 4 hours away and are making plans to visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3/5/14 Nick was the Host He1NightOutDined on 3/5/20143/5/14 Nick was the Host He was very friendly and check on us often and even took a pic for us. The food is always great and my sister from LA can't wait to come back so we can visit again. I just told someone of this location and to try it out soon. Oh, the Mgr did visit my table and it's always nice to walk in and see a familiar face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands-down some of the bestSmittyDined on 3/3/2014Hands-down some of the best food I've ever had the good fortune to eat! I'm almost ashamed to say this, but the fried chicken on the chicken and waffles plate is better than my mom's. Highly recommend this place! I know that my wife and I will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food for the SoulDatenighter01Dined on 3/1/2014The food was excellent!! Had the meatloaf and was very impressed. We had a table near the stage, which was a little too close and loud. Service was acceptable, however the waiter seemed annoyed for whatever reason which then bled over into his service to us. Overall a great restaurant - we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buttons was a great find.SpookyDined on 2/27/2014Buttons was a great find. Exceptional food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Valentines Weekend-Saturday2/15luv2dine1Dined on 2/15/2014The service was very good. I had reservations and was seated right away. The server was very prompt and attentive.ValentinesI ordered the chicken and waffles (dark). It was very tasty but I think it was very over priced. I had two legs an a thigh, one waffle and some collard greens for $19.00. The music was good and someone was standing at the door telling everyone that there was an up charge of $5.00 per person for the band, which I thought was very distasteful. That information should be stated on the website as well as being posted on a sign in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYED MY NIGHT!!!TonyfromDCDined on 2/15/2014The Hostess set it off with the experience and they made the night enjoyable. The BAND (Buster Brown, I think) was GREAT also.. . I really will definitely COME BACK and SPREAD THE WORD that this place is definitely a ' MUST GO TO " spot!!Special Features:
- Always Great!!Andi2x2Dined on 2/15/2014I have been to Buttons a few times now and the food is fantastic. Soul and Cajun styled food with a twist. It is nicely casual but still elegant enough for a date or party. The music is great but I often come too early to catch the entertainment. I think Buttons is a gem in the city of Fort Worth. Close to everything with plenty of things in the area to do AFTER you eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad everything elseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014The waiter was to busy talking with the table next to us. He finally walked over and took a drink order. It took him two more trips by to get our appetizer order even though it took the table next to us to tell him. No appetizer was ever delivered. Then halfway through our meal we were approached by who we would assume was the manager. He never told us. He said that our table was actually already reserved and that we needed to move tables. He offered us a free desert for it and said he would inform our waiter. I ordered a second drink from the bar and never got it. The check was full of all the non-delivered items. We waited 20+ minutes for a desert that was still uncooked that we were charged for. We asked for the manager but never showed.
- Valentine BoostTNealDined on 2/14/2014Just want to say that my girl & I had a wonderful time there on Valentines night. The food was perfect & the ambience was on point!!! I wasn't too blown away by the entertainment, but I know that comes & goes with me. Overall, I had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's day dinnerdiondominoDined on 2/14/2014always enjoy Buttons. great music, food is always soo tasty. cant go wrong with going to my favorite spot!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencetarcia21Dined on 2/14/2014I've visited Button's restaurant several times, as always, the experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibeReRun69Dined on 2/14/2014I've been to this restaurant 3 or 4 times now and I've enjoyed every experience. I took my wife there on Valentine's Day 2014, and eventhough they were busy, we still enjoyed ourselves and the food came out very fast. The seating was pretty tight, but that is my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rough Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I love soul food, and buttons serves soul food. That's as positive as I can get. The waitress checked on us every forty-five seconds. That's not an exaggeration. We timed her. On valentine's day, let your guests talk to each other a bit. If they can over the loud music. Loud music would have been great once the band got there, but this was just supposed to be background music. The tables were so close to each other that neighboring diners started commenting on our food. Which was weird. My wife and I split a bottle of wine, and the waitress was very insistent that we not pour it ourselves. Since she hovered so persistently, this wasn't too much of a problem as we never had to wait more than a minute. The food was good, but not amazing.
- Buttons Does it Again!mimito4Dined on 2/14/2014We had an early Valentine's dinner & it was so good that we'll want to go back very soon. The menu for Valentine's Day was a special fixed menu with a lot of our favorite dishes included. However, the calamari steaks appetizer is one of our favorite & was NOT included. We substituted the fried green tomatoes & the spicy fried chicken wings instead. The green tomatoes were delicious, as always, but the chicken wings were a little too spicy for our taste. The Oxtail entree was "fall off the bone" tender & had a fabulous flavor. The Salmontine entree was cooked to perfection with a wonderful side of creamed spinach. The Raspberry Bread Pudding for dessert was decadent & made even better with extra sauce. Our server, Ben, was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect occasionwall2wallDined on 2/13/2014This restaurant was great. Food and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- ExcellentPraiseDined on 2/9/2014The food was delicious and the jazz was delightful. .I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My server was outstanding,EarnieDined on 2/9/2014My server was outstanding, professional, attententive and considered the best by every member of our party.Special Features:
- Yum, Yum, Yum!TawooDined on 2/8/2014Everything we tried was scrumptious! Have already recommended Buttons to my friends on Facebook and will be coming back as soon as possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerpickyteacherDined on 2/7/2014I took my fiance here for his birthday dinner. It was great! The food was really good and I am picky about everything. I had the salmontine and it was excellent. My fiance enjoyed his chicken and waffles as well. We shared the peach cobbler for dessert. They had live music and even though there was a cover of $5 it was well worth it. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night On The TownOpenMind42Dined on 2/1/2014I took my date to Buttons for dinner, and we had a good time. The band was good, and the food and service was excellent. Only thing I did not like is the set up of the inside. The table were to close and people were bumping into my table the entire time I was there. My date knew someone in the band that was there which made her night. And we enjoyed the total experience together and will definitely come back again. ENJOYED BUTTONS!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014My husband and I had an 8:45 reservation&arrived@ 8:30.I was told our table wasn't ready yet (no problem)& we waited 15-20 mins.The lady at the front stated we could be seated but we had to be done by 10:15 since that table was reserved. She said our reservation didn't mean we would actually have a seat, per their policy. If that is the case, why would I have to leave for another "reservation"? We just had dessert (only so my husband could listen to the band) and left. Although that was not my first time there, I don't think I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchhizservantDined on 1/19/2014I was very disappointed in the buffet as well as the limited selection from the brunch menu. I have come here at night and the food has been very good. I was surprised they didn't put the same effort with their brunch because the atmosphere and music is very goodSpecial Features:
- Fried Chicken the right wayGrandSirDined on 1/18/2014Fried chicken dinners and all the sides were perfect. All four at our table had the same thing and it was a hit! Nice to let dinners choose which 3 pieces of chicken we wanted. Very good value for good food. The only down side was the crowed table set up. We were so close to our neighboring table and in a major walkway. The set up was not good as a birthday party was in the same vicinity. However, the food overcame those obstacles. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.