Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
4701 W. Freeway #100
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buttonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8177354900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am - 3pm, Saturday: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3pm - 10pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3pm - 12am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Soul food
- Executive Chef: Keith "Buttons" Hicks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Buttons’ Catering offers the Buttons' experience for all of your special occasions. Our professional staff will work one-on-one with you to ensure everything exceeds your expectations. Whether you are hosting a corporate luncheon, wedding reception, family reunion or a gathering in your home, we are confident when we say we bring the WOW! factor.
- Entertainment: Buttons hosts live music 5 nights a week,Wednesday -Sunday featuring Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Motown, Old School R&B, Contemporary R&B, 70's-80's-90's Hits as well as live Jazz during Sunday Brunch1-4pm.
A word from Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
Buttons Restaurant is built around the idea that food and music are universal. Buttons is an upscale Southern-chic restaurant and live music venue featuring authentic Southern-comfort dishes that are soothing to the soul. This hip spot boasts an eclectic flair and upbeat vibe where guests can savor tantalizing southern cuisines, listen to the melodic sounds of new and old school favorites and enjoy live musical performances by local and touring artists. A flavorful menu showcases the award-winning entrées of Chef Keith "Buttons" Hicks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)good for groups (50)hot spot (46)great for brunch (42)romantic (41)late-night find (36)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- TandBinTEXASDined on 6/24/2014Average price was 15.00 and high was 32.00 Some plates of food were large portion and some were not. We noticed the healthy food was smaller portions. My husband left hungry, but I left full. We didn't see any live music at 6:30-8:00 on a Wednesday night so if you want live music you might call first. The bar was hopping though the restraunt was baren.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneytinkDined on 6/22/2014Not worth the money, the food was okay....but expected much better. As for music it was karaoke night and I would much rather have no music at dinner than bad music at dinner.
- 4happyfeelingsDined on 6/22/2014This was my first visit to Buttons and I must say I really enjoyed it. The food was good, the service was good and the music was wonderful. Hope to return soon and bring some of my family when they visit. Need to visit a few more times to give more precise comments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I dine at Button's regularly.FoodiesDined on 6/21/2014The menu is reasonably priced. Portions are large enough to share if you are so inclined and the music is good. Good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Fathers Day was our first experience at Buttons. We loved the music, but the it was so crowded and loud we could not even talk to one another at our own table without shouting. The music was not the issue it was the over crowding. On top of that even though we have reservations they sat us next to the food bar- so there was more noise, more people bumping into our chairs etc. Waitress was good, reception was good, food was average. Bill for four with top came close to $100- and all in all, I likely won't go back again. Should have another choice on #2, for those who cannot honestly say it was a good experience. And add a level on NOISE LEVEL rating to say POOR.... because it was.
- Best Brunch EverSeriousFoodie42Dined on 6/8/2014Soul food brunch, yum diggity. Scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, mac and cheese, grits, chicken, catfish, brisket. Then there's sausage, green beans, collards, four kinds of cake, cookies, peach cobbler, cherry pie, fruit. And don't forget the salad bar tucked in the corner. The Sunday brunch is from 11-4 but live music doesn't start until 1 pm. I highly recommend anyone serious about breakfast and brunch to scoot over to Button's. They also feature $2.00 mimosas but coffee, tea and sodas are included in the brunch price.Special Features:
- Nice Niche RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Overall, I enjoyed Buttons for it' excellent Chicken and Waffles and the intangibles that the restaurant offers. It's offers the moderate, sophisticated feel, where most visitors dress nicely for the dinner. The bar seems accommodating and the live music rounds out the ambiance. I will say that every review I read online at various sites were spot. The music can get loud, but not annoying. The Chicken Fried Steak was WAY too salty. I wouldn't recommend it. But the other food items; the sides, the cornbread, the chicken wings, the chicken and waffles,,,,,all made up for it and more. You pay a $5 service fee for the live music, which is annoying since they often took breaks, but when they got going, the atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerNandez14Dined on 6/7/2014Enjoyed the music and the food was delicious. Service was good too. Only thing when paying we used a gift card which was applied at checkout but then surprised to see the full amount was taking from my account. Now need to call and hopefully issue will be resolved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing like it in FTWBhays670Dined on 6/5/2014Buttons is the real deal. Real southern cooking the way it's made in Georgia. I can only recommend what we ordered- pot roast, chicken fried chicken, and chicken and waffles- but I'm sure it's all great! Get the Mac and cheese and the cornbread. We will be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The first time my wife and I went to Buttons, it was a very romantic place, then we went back and back after that, we had to dress nice. This time we went there were people in jeans, short, and windsuits. The noise level was so loud we could not hear each other. Then the tables were long to where we could evenhear each other without yelling. The manager did not come to our table.Special Features:
- Button's in Ft. WorthHockeyfanzDined on 5/28/2014We've been to this restaurant on several occasions. This trip was for my birthday, as they sent me a "Free Chicken & Waffles" gift card. The food here is exceptionally well done "home-style cookin'"! And the service is exceptionally friendly! My wife and I love the Fried Green Tomato's (you really need to try this dish), Shrimp Creole and, of course, the Chicken & Waffles. Their fried chicken is flavored perfectly, and no greasy taste. Couple that with their fluffy waffles and Blueberry Butter (a blueberry butter syrup concoction you dip your chicken and waffle bites into, which absolutely keeps you coming back for more!) and you have a winner! Their portions are large enough to share too! Not a place to get healthy, just spoiled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PearlwwwdotPearlDined on 5/25/2014I have been a fan of Chef Hicks since Ovations and made the natural transition to Button's. I must admit, I have not a clue how anything except the Chicken & Waffles tastes. No matter what outside influencers try to get me to do in the name of "exploratory eating", Chicken & Waffles comes out of my mouth. Wing, leg, breast (Unbuttoned). Leg and breast (buttoned), extra powdered sugar, extra syrup. The explosion of syrup, powdered sugar and seasoned southern fried chicken in your mouth doing the electric slide is an experience not easily forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrickedDined on 5/25/2014Drove from east Arkansas to experience brunch and was disappointed to find that some items listed online on the buffet list were actually not on the buffet. I paid $6.00 for a very, very small cup of oxtails. This was after I had asked my server three times and he brought them. I was surprised to find them on my check, but I paid without a scene and vowed not to drive so far for this brunch again. Neither were the Belgium waffles on the buffet. However, they are listed on the menu as available on buffetSpecial Features:
- Great food, nice atmospheremslalaDined on 5/24/2014Food was perfect & the staff was very helpful & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, unpleasant atmospherePCTakeDownDined on 5/23/2014Best calamari I've had in years! Great soul food all around. The atmosphere is LOUD! The majority of customers are blabbering and cackling at their top volumes without regard for other diners. The live music is a cool factor but it is ruined by being pumped at concert volumes rather than indoor venue. My entire table had to yell our orders at our waiter and they still did not come out exactly as ordered. My suggestion is to place an order to go rather than dine in.
- The following 575 reviews are from the Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth reviews archive.
- booked a timeSatisfiedPatronDined on 5/13/2014Made a reservation for 9pm...arrived and they say kitchen was closed at my reservation time.
- Mothers' DayAnniversaryDined on 5/11/2014It was my 1st visit to the brunch. It was fabulous! I carried my wife and my 94 year old mother and she was ecstatic. She has not quit talking about how much she enjoyed the food, the venue, and the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my third visit and WORESTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014our greeting was great when. But when our waiter nute got to our table and we decided we just was going to order from the menu and got the chicken and waffle he never ask white meat are dark, what choice of sides, because we didn't have a menu to look at due to we was going to eat the brunch at first. we only saw him 3 time the whole visit waffle was cold &did not get right side .I had to wait at least 20 min after I put my napkin on the table , yes I saw a manager at the table in the back with a family playing with a baby never looking around nor interacting with the customer because her would have saw I was waiting for my check. This was not a good experience for the money I had to spend on MOTHER'S Day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buttons Pre Mother's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Food was typical Buttons Fare. I'm still waiting on the Shrimp and Grits to actually have some flavor. Was that Instant grits? Put some cheese in the grits. Still trying to understatnd why time of day affects the price of the chicken and waffles?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's day outingprincessDined on 5/10/2014My first visit to Button's Ft. worth was on Mother's Day. My husband and I had heard many things about it from different ones. On Mother's Day we took a chance and we were truly pleased. We did make reservations which meant no waiting upon arrival. Our appointment time was for 7 p.m. and when we arrived at 6:50 p.m. we were seated immediately. Our waiter's name was Amir, he was awesome. He assisted us with food and drink selections and we were very pleased. After eating, we went over to the bar area and they had live music that we listened to. It was real nice. We will return.Special Features:
- Dinner service reviewsouthgirlDined on 5/10/2014Reservation number of guests were wrong. We had elderly, handicapped with us, and had to be moved throughout the restaurant to get to different tables to accommodate us. Not easy for them. Food was good overall. Pot Roast was extremely salty, almost to the point of being inedible. Everything else, was fine, and enjoyed. Staff was helpful and courteous. We do wish hot rolls or cornbread was served with dinner. Food overpriced for what you get, but it was good.Special Features:
- A big let down!BobbyJDined on 5/10/2014Took my wife and mother-in-law for early dinner on the 10th. Arrived to find out table 7, which we were assigned, was full. We patiently waited for another table. As this was happening, two other groups were seated, though they were smaller in size. After 15 minutes we were shown to our seats. We didn't get an attendant assigned and waited 15 more minutes to place a drink order. We didn't get our food until 65 minutes after arrival. Very poor! My party was disappointed at best, but stayed the course. Lastly, the table attendant, though friendly, never mentioned the added wait time. Perhaps this was an anomaly, but I was disappointed and expected a great dining experience. The food couldn't have tasted good enough to fix my mood.
- A Touch of ClassTOUCHOFCLASSDined on 5/10/2014This place was very inviting. The food was great. I love the atmosphere. I had the chicken and waffles. Very good. That was my second time visiting will be visiting again. I enjoyed my family at this lovely restaurant. It was very classy. I like, I like, I like. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinningLovingButtonsDined on 5/7/2014Great food and environment. Mr. Buttons is very sincere and cares about his customers experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will not returnjazzzzzxxxxxxDined on 5/3/2014I visit the dallas lovat very often but went to the ft worth location for my birthday. ..cold food, poor service and will not be returning.Special Features:
- AmbienceBBTexdivahDined on 5/1/2014Ran out of noodles; however substitution given. Hard to converse while band playing (floor tables).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for the SoulCigarmanDined on 5/1/2014Buttons is a great place to meet with great music and wonderful Southern Cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent birthday brunch!!!pickydinerDined on 4/27/2014We reserved a table for 8 @ 11am Sunday brunch and had to wait 5 minutes or so for the table to get set up. Jonathan was our server and he was so attentive, it was as if we were his only table! The food was hot, flavorful and a great variety so everyone had something to please their tastes! Next time we'll try to go when the live music is playing. We highly recommend and will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ButtonsslimmmDined on 4/26/2014Three things...my wedding party and I were seated but not right away because a table area had not been set up for us and the food took a while to get to us and my dish(oxtails over rice) was not as hot as it should have been and my husband had to wait on his chicken fried steak while the rest of my party ate...but over all, we had a nice time,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience for me and my wifeMeandmineDined on 4/26/2014The food and service was fantastic! We loved it. The whole setting was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my parents anniversarysilvergirlDined on 4/21/2014I was disappointed that there was not an special offer for my parents anniversary as I requested when I made my reservation. The were luke warm. This their first time dining at Button's. My dad loves jazzy blues music; so I want to bring them again but I am hesitate to do so after this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service okayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2014We went to Buttons for Easter brunch. We were so glad we made reservations as we were able to jump the long line of people waiting and were seated immediately. The food was amazing. True comfort food! The service was rushed. We had been seated for 20 minutes and had just finished our first plate when our server dropped off the check. It became a joke the number of times he tried to take the check or rush our payment. Had it not been for that, the meal would have been perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/19/2014We have dined at Buttons several times before. Today, was a Saturday lunch date. Our service and food was very good, as usual. However, today was a very quiet day for lunch. We enjoyed our lunch date and will return to dine at different times. I am so very happy that Button's has joined Open Table and that reservations are available, however, there is still a wait...but not as long for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerCAPTDined on 4/18/2014This was my first visit to Button's ,I have to start with the hostess, what a great job she did making my party feel welcome.My food was very good, the service was great . Tatiana Mayfield put on a great show,she's a true pro . The crowd didn't fit the set. Tatiana was able to over come ,the some what untimely crowd noise . Other than that I had a great time ,i'm looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday WeekendKmebbaDined on 4/17/2014It was GREAT: Very Good Band, Great Food and Very Nice People All AroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must visit if you love foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014This was my second time visiting Buttons and it was just a excellent as the first visit.Special Features:
- Fantastic Southern Soul FoodFtWorthfreqvisitorDined on 4/5/2014Food is always a big hit as this is absolutely one of my fav food spots in Ft Worth. Motown cover band was fantastic!! Very enjoyable evening of great food, great music and friends. Despite the many people waiting, since we had a reservation, we were seated very promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buttons is on Point!MansfieldDinersDined on 4/5/2014I have never been disappointed with my dining experience at Buttons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, terrible serviceWillDined on 4/5/2014Today at 6:34 AM Food was good but the walk ups had better tables than we did. We could not have been seated further away from the stage and did not even have a direct line of sight. The waitress kept bringing our check before we could order desert and then again before we ordered drinks. They wanted us out of there so they could seat someone else and was not subtle about it. Very poor service Will Sutton
- Great FoodShadajah2Dined on 4/4/2014This was my first visit to Buttons in Ft. Worth. The food was really good. The band was awesome. I didn't like the set up of the restaurant. I felt like I was sitting on top of the person next to me. This location needs to be bigger. Overall, I enjoyed my experience and would recommend this place.Special Features: