6905 Camino Arroyo
Gilroy, CA 95020Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sushiomakase.com/
- Phone: 4088467874x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Johnny Depp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sushi Omakase will send one of its highly experienced chefs to offer off-site catering. Please contact Sushi Omakase for further catering details and minimum order amounts. 408-846-SUSHI (7874)
- Entertainment: In addition to serving extremely high quality food, Sushi Omakase prides itself on a fun, lively atmosphere. From Birthday Celebrations to Sake Bombs, the chefs & restaurant staff are entertaining & very interactive with customers.
Some of the regular events & entertainment include:
-Thursdays Ladies Night with drink & roll specials
-Football Specials all day Saturday, Sunday, & Monday Night with Free sake when local teams score a TD!
-Saturday Night Live Music/ Entertainment, including Elvis/Karaoke, great local/national bands performing acoustic & the occasional charity comedy night! :)
A word from Sushi Omakase
Sushi Omakase provides delicious and authentic Japanese food in a fun and exciting environment. Enjoy some Sushi, Kobe Beef, Chicken Teriyaki, a good beer and a variety of Sake and Sho-Chu cocktails!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sushi Omakase reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Sushi in GilroyTheCriticDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I along with our 5 year old daughter were looking for another sushi restaurant in Gilroy and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food and service. Try the Dragon Balls delicious. We will definitely be going back for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Our food was amazing and full of flavor. Our waitress was great. She was very welcoming, nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014A sushi gem in Gilroy. Lots of imaginative sushi roll combinations. But if you are hungry, try the Bento box combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good experiencesympatheticEarDined on 6/3/2014We had a pleasant lunch at Sushi Omakase. The service was friendly. The sushi combinations were interesting. The fish was fresh. Unfortunately, the rice was somewhat overcooked and a bit sweet for our taste. I prefer the slight tang of rice vinegar in the rice to bring out the fish flavors. The location is good, so if I feel in the mood for sushi when visiting the outlet stores, I would definitely return.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Sushi Omakase reviews archive.
- great tasting rolls etc.SushifreakDined on 5/26/2014Eat here just about every weekend and finally got around to reviewing them. The rolls are freshly made and good tasting. The service has always been excellent ever since my first time there. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Every time.....sushilovers6Dined on 5/23/2014always great service and food!! my go to for sushi!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, horrible service.lizzyDined on 5/11/2014Food was really good, but I had the worst service ever. Took for ever to give us a table, (even when I made a reservation). My reservation was for 7.30 and didn't had my table ready til 8.15, & we ended up eating around 9.30 because the waiter didnt showed up until I went to ask for him.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is great. Manager,LouiseDined on 4/12/2014Service is great. Manager, Brent was as always professional, courteous and very knowledgeable about the menu and especially the Sake. He is a credit to the organization. He makes you feel welcome. We love it. Louise & Frank SegretoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best sushi around!!!sushilovers6Dined on 3/28/2014I love this place...the food is always amazing...I love the create your own roll...as well as many other rolls on their menu...the food is delicious...the service is great...kid friendly which I appreciate :) Their peach kiss is also a favorite drink of mine♡ little pricey but absolutely worth every cent...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi heavenLouiseDined on 1/11/2014Sushi omakase is a great restaurant for sushi. Their garlic soybeans appetizer is fantastic. Very reasonable prices. The entire staff is very friendly and accommodating. We try to eat there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service was great!GilroyGirlDined on 10/6/2013I was having a hard time finding a roll I liked and the waiter showed me a unique way to design exactly what I wanted...So I made up my own and it was delightful!!!! Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in GilroysushiloverDined on 5/31/2013You will not find better sushi anywhere! I lived in Santa Cruz and the sushi over there does not even compare to Sushi Omakase. They custom make rolls if you have an dietary restrictions. All the fish is extremely fresh. I have not had anything bad here. The sake selection is amazing as well. Very creative rolls! Love this place! We dine here every Friday! Thank you Sushi Omakase!Special Features:
- Shrimp TempuraDaleDined on 5/18/2013The tempura needs to be improved...batter is not up to par with good Japanese Restaurants. Waiter forgot our vegetable sushi roll that I wanted served before our entre. After being reminded, the roll came after our dinners were finished. This is from a party of 5! We will not revisit this restaurant again!Special Features:
- No complaints with the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2012No complaints with the food, but the service seems to be getting worse with each visit.
- We had a 6pm reservation---theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/28/2012We had a 6pm reservation---the food was served at 6:45pm after we have had follow up status of order!! even 2 kids meal was not served earlier.... Tuna salad came at 6:50 or later! Very disappointed Manager did not apologize
- Went there several month ago.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/23/2012Went there several month ago. Thing have improved greatly, the staff and the food was "MUCH" better thatn I remembered.Special Features:
- My wife and I got the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012My wife and I got the last reservation for Valentine's Day. They turned away several groups while we were there. We had a big lunch, so we weren't real hungry. We each had a great roll, my wife's was lobster roll with a small lobster tail in shell on the side and a couple of good beers. Good price, food and service.Special Features:
- Gilroy's Best kept secret!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012A real find...Gilroy's best kept secret! Outstanding service and food!Special Features:
- The only decent Sushi restaurantdeejahVIPDined on 12/29/2011The only decent Sushi restaurant in the Gilroy/Morgan Hill area. Though, this is not saying much. We went for lunch, restaurant was fairly dead--yet it took 30-40 minutes to receive our food. My friend received her food, 20 minutes before mine. Overall, food okay, service meh, prices were a bit much for the quality and quantity of food.
- I love this place! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011I love this place! The food is always fresh and delish! Everyone that works there has really good customer service:)Special Features:
- Ladies Night ThursdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2011Thursday is "ladies night" which includes specials on selected rolls and drinks. Many go for ladies night.Special Features:
- The sushi is delicious! OtherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2011The sushi is delicious! Other food besides sushi is so so. Service is good when not really busy.Special Features:
- The sushi is very good! IfOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2011The sushi is very good! If you like sushi, I highly recommend you try this place. But, if you want to order other things besides sushi, it may not be that great. The other foods are so so.Special Features:
- Have eaten here quite a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2011Have eaten here quite a bit and always enjoy it. I missed the gyoza in the bento box, but suppose the cucumber is a healthier option. The presentation of the sashimi was a bit haphazard, but it tasted great. Overall, an enjoyable meal. Will be back!Special Features:
- food service was slow, perhapsRobbVIPDined on 9/4/2011food service was slow, perhaps because it was sunday prior to labor day? who knows? but, it's sushi. unagi should be cooked and warm, but by the time it got to me, nope. room temp. the wait staff, however, were busy hurrying around trying to make everyone happy. I don't see why sushi restaurants have to be loud, like a club. I also don't get it when a sign is put outside the restaurant advertising a special, but you get in the restaurant and look at the menu and see the same "deal". Not a bait and switch, but not a special if that is regular price. I had high hopes for sushi in south bay, but apparently not...
- Atentive service, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/19/2011Atentive service, good food. Good place to go with your friends have some suchi and watch a game, not good for kids or a romantic dinner, but is good sushi is what you want then this is the place to be.Special Features:
- This restaurant has one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2011This restaurant has one of the best specialty roll sections that I have seen. They also carry more than the usual selections of sake and have a tasting.Special Features:
- I have been to Sushi OmikaseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2011I have been to Sushi Omikase several times, and their specialty rolls are great. The service, especially from a waiter named "Justin" is great. Careful not to go in if there is a crowd as the service will be slow in that case.Special Features:
- Noisy and crowded. Too busyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2011Noisy and crowded. Too busy and cramped feeling. But the food is worth it! Its hard to get good Japanese flavor/food.Special Features:
- A great spot for sushi...OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/23/2011Wanted to have sushi in the area and many places close at 2pm. Never been here before so we tried it out. Was seated right away and every single staff member was friendly and did a great job. We had so much food and it was superb. The music was a little loud but I could still have a conversation with the people at my table. There was a large screen t.v. in our seating area that had animal planet on, so the families that were there were able to entertain their kids. Pricey, but you get amazing food. Would go again.Special Features:
- So glad we found this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2011So glad we found this place in Gilroy! We've been looking for a good sushi place in the area for when we are in town or as a lunch/dinner pit-stop when we travel south. Kid friendly, lots of variety, drink specials, specialty rolls (like the surf & turf as well as the lobster roll) all make Sushi Omakase a must check out restaurant when you are in the south bay.Special Features:
- Great rolls however the terriyakiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2011Great rolls however the terriyaki flavoring tasted strange like too much chicken broth. White wine menu needs updating.Special Features:
- we love this place - butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011we love this place - but if you're bringing kids keep in mind it gets LOUD after 7 on the weekends. food is amazing, innovative and fresh. service has been spotty - but normally fine following the 7:00 rule. we always wish they could expand....more space, an outdoor patio and foodies would be flocking here. we need more places like omakase in gilroy! keep up the good work!Special Features:
- This restaurant is a "Find"HeisenbergVIPDined on 2/1/2011This restaurant is a "Find" Very affordable sushi dinner that was good quantity and quality for the money. Great service in a friendly and energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- All the food was good, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/22/2010All the food was good, however, our server was new. He forgot our salad, oysters, and dipping sauce for the tempura. Tha tab was added up incorrectly. I can't say either way if I would go again.