Onyx Steakhouse and Lounge - Port Moody
#7 - 101 Morrissey Rd
Port Moody, BC V3H 5N1Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$30 and under
Onyx Steakhouse and Lounge - Port Moody
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.onyxsteakhouse.ca/
- Phone: 6049170118x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 7 days/week from 4:00pm till late
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Kevin Larsson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The premise behind Aquamarine is simple: love for superior cuisine, and genuine hospitality. In addition to our fine food and friendly, polished staff, we provide a full array of additional catering services. This includes items such as china, silverware, and stemware; customize centerpieces, table dressings, flower arrangements, stages, tents as well as entertainment and valet services. For more info please visit www.aquamarinecatering.ca
- Private Party Facilities: ONYX is the perfect venue to handle all of your special events. Flexible seating, private dining facilities, a separate lounge and seating capacity up to 160 people. We would be honoured to host your birthday, wedding, corporate function, or event in our stunning venue. Complimentary A/V available.
- Private Party Contact: Andre Pastor 8886525791
- Special Events: Want to feel like a celebrity? Well the dining room @ Onyx gives you just that. We offer our private mezzanine for all kinds of private functions whether it be posh executive parties, special birthday celebrations or any reason to eat drink and be merry.
A word from Onyx Steakhouse and Lounge - Port Moody
Onyx is a fresh and innovative twist on a classic Steakhouse, a place where familiar classics are re-spun into new favourites. We are devoted to cuisine and wine and we show it off by providing an extensive Wine List and serving top cuts of meat that we dry-age ourselves, in-house. That said, we're not above having a little fun! Come in for a drink, an amazing meal or snacks, and fall in love with a room that instantly relaxes you. Between the diverse menu, the vibe of the room and the energy of our team, we know that you'll feel comfortable in our hands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Onyx Steakhouse and Lounge - Port Moody - Best Restaurants in Port Moody ›
Onyx Steakhouse and Lounge - Port Moody reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (7)romantic (6)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DisappointedBazzatVIPDined on 2/13/2011Because this is a sister restaurant to the Whiterock Onyx and related to The Pear, we were expecting much. We were 15 minutes early for our reservation and told to wait in the lounge even though I could see 2 empty tables - one of which we were shown to after the 15 minutes in the bar. Very poorly mixed martinis. One of the dinner items ordered was never delivered. A multitude of staff seemed very busy scurrying around, bumping into each other but not really accomplishing much. They have much to learn from The Pearl - one of our favourite restaurants!
- Port Moody does need betterSamJDined on 2/12/2011Port Moody does need better dining options and Onyx gives you that. Both from a higher end dining to a vibrant bar to hang out at.Special Features:
- I was not impressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2011I was not impressed with the steak. To take a beautifully aged tender steak and cover it with some sort of sauce only destroyed what you were there for. You can get better value for your money at the keg in coquitlam. I would not recommend the Onxy. Only being open late does not help. The neighbourhood needs some thing open earlier that serves lunch.Special Features:
- Mostly good. My steak wasPammy54VIPDined on 2/4/2011Mostly good. My steak was great, husband's was tough, not as good as other steak houses. Would go back to try again but would ask to sit downstairs as not much ambiance upstairs.
- First time and I really likedVanGalDined on 2/3/2011First time and I really liked it. Good food. Port Moody needs more good places to eat.Special Features:
- Not perfect but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2011Made a res. on line but staff couldn't find it. Seated upstairs when online request for down. Food was good. Service was very good. Pricy but knew that before we went. Would not go often because of price. Very nice restaurant otherwise.
- My wife and I loved Onyx,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/15/2011My wife and I loved Onyx, and will definitely be returning. We really enjoyed the sides we shared (pea shoots and yams au gratin). They accomodated my request for an alternative topping for my steak and the service was helpful in general. We liked the variety in the winelist. The restaurant was well attended and lively, but we were still able to enjoy a conversation without difficulty from competing noise. A real winner!Special Features:
- Expected a bit of disorganizationFoodieFanaticDined on 1/10/2011Expected a bit of disorganization common with new restaurants but was pleasantly surprised. Ambiance was wonderful. Very trendy and inviting. Service was excellent, even having the manager come by to ensure all was going well. Food was fantastic! Best steaks we've had since Gotham's Steakhouse. Presentation of food was stylish without being overdone. Prices were just a tad high for the demongraphic but only time will tell whether it will continue to be supported. Regardless, everything was well worth the price tag. Fantastic earl-bird prices for those wanting the experience without emptying the wallet. A real tri-cities gem and welcome addition! We've already made plans to introduce friends and family to Onyx!Special Features:
- Finally a good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/9/2011Finally a good restaurant in the Tri- cities, good location with lots of parking ! Menu has lots to choose from and a extensive wine list !Special Features:
- Great vibe. We came on NewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Great vibe. We came on New Year's Eve and although the wait was a little long (understandable that it is New Year's so waiting time happens and we had 10 people in our party). We were not dissapointed with the food at all and the manager gave us complimentary shots for our patience....a nice touch and a VERY good move for an up and coming restaurant. Great energy and can only get better as they open longer. Thanks Onyx!Special Features:
- Friendly, efficient staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Friendly, efficient staff, very lively, excellent food and service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful to find a "gothamOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2010Wonderful to find a "gotham style & quality" restaurant in the tricities!
- We went to Onyx for New YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2010We went to Onyx for New Years Eve. There was a group of 8 of us. Onyx had no problem accomdating our group. The food was delic=scious but quite expensive. The total cost for myself and my husband was around $120 (tip not included). This included 2 entrees, 1 appetized, and 4 drinks.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2010The food was very good. The servers need to be better. They did not bring us water as requested. Brought us the wrong side orders. The servers need to be better trained.Special Features:
- The restaurant Is brand new-OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2010The restaurant Is brand new- had only been open a week when we went there for a New Years Eve dinner. We were very impressed that after such short time, they had seemed to work out most of the start up issues. The food was very well done, took the right amount of time, and service was very efficient. The decor is rather dark, but it is trendy. There is an excellent wine list, especially for half-bottles and by-the-glass. The restaurant was full and everyone seemed to be having a good time. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Food was good but way tooOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2010Food was good but way too expensive. For less than a sleeve of beer the price was over $6. Overall good food but not for the price. The Boathouse is cheaper and better food and service.