Margaret Kuo's - Wayne
175 East Lancaster Ave.
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $31 to $50
Margaret Kuo's - Wayne
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.margaretkuos.com/
- Phone: 6106887200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Afternoon Tea, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Margaret Kuo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Margaret Kuo's offers catering service for any number of guests. Please call 610-688-7200 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Margaret Kuo's offers 2 well appointed private rooms for parties from 6 to 30 guests. No room charge. A la Carte or Prix Fixe menus available. Minimums apply.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Kuo 6106887200
- Entertainment: Special occasions only. Chinese New Year, New Year's Eve, Karaoke
A word from Margaret Kuo's - Wayne
Since 1974, Margaret Kuo's is Philadelphia's original "New Menu" Chinese restaurant serving Madame Kuo's award-winning Northern Chinese cuisine. The ambiance is culturally evocative yet comfortably inviting. For true Japanese ambiance & a Nipponese menu, please visit the Akari Room Upstairs at Margaret Kuo's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Margaret Kuo's - Wayne reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (13)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (7)romantic (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Food was excellent and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/12/2013Food was excellent and service was warm and friendly. Although we have been here before I had forgotten how easy it is to order too much and would have appreciated some guidance to that effect from the waiter. Lots of left-overs for the following days at home!Special Features:
- Lovely food, attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/5/2013Lovely food, attentive service and beautiful traditional Cinese decor. We had spring rolls, Mu Shu Pork, triple delight with meat and shrimp and vegetables and Genl Chaos chicken, all of which we would order again. And free parking after 6pm. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Consistently top notch. AOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/25/2012Consistently top notch. A great myriad of flavors. Always a treat!
- The food was excellent asBettieDined on 12/21/2012The food was excellent as usual. The waiter, Andy was great - even better than the other waiters/waitresses in the past and that is hard to do! The service is so attentive and the food superb! Our favorite place.Special Features:
- The menu was extensive andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012The menu was extensive and the food was excellent. At first it did not seem like a lot since it was served as family style, but it was plenty and we even needed to take some home. The meats were very tender and the sauces were great. The constant stream of people for take-out was concerning when we first arrived as it was hard to get someone's attention to be seated, but once seated the manager and waiter were very attentive and provided a great diner and experience.Special Features:
- I has heard alot of bad reviewsReginaVIPDined on 11/22/2012I has heard alot of bad reviews and regard to service, but the restaurant must have gotten the message. We went there for Thanksgiving day and the service couldn't have been more attentive. The manager even came around to check on how we were enjoying our meal. The food was very good, but not incredible for higher price tag.
- Great and hot food!merdealorsDined on 11/17/2012As always, the food is excellent! As always the service is not excellent, language barrier between waiters and clients. We keep going though because the decor, comfort and most of all the food are always satisfying. My favorite in the Main Line.Special Features:
- As always, a very nice diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012As always, a very nice dining experience: attentive service, good food, elegant setting, reasonably priced.
- As always, the food is greatBeenThereVIPDined on 9/29/2012As always, the food is great and dependable. The service was really lacking. We asked for lime with the water; lemon was brought and we were told there were no limes. Yet, later, the couple next to us, got lime. She started to clear the table as I was putting the last forkfull of food in my mouth. She put the take-away containers on our table simultaneously with giving us the check. No, she never asked if we wanted dessert or beverages. She then took the restaurant check holder, before I could even close it. She REALLY needs re-training. It's the second time, recently, that I have had bad service. And I've been going there since it opened.Special Features:
- Whole Sea Bass with HunanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Whole Sea Bass with Hunan sauce...amazing! No bones and the filets were in 2 pieces. So easy to share and eat. Delicious!Special Features:
- We were a group of friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2012We were a group of friends catching up with a lot to talk about. We weren't rushed at all and were able to enjoy our evening the best way possible - lots of laughter, good food and wine.Special Features:
- Eating at Margaret Kuo's inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012Eating at Margaret Kuo's in Wayne is a schizophrenic experience. It is the only Chinese restaurant in the Philadelphia area that provides good, non-greasy Chinese vegetable dishes and decent meat and fish dishes. The problem is the service. I have been at the restaurant many times. You would expect the Maitre d', or the owner to great you. "How many?" must count as greeting. On Saturday my family had dinner. We had a reservation, but still had to wait 10 minutes until one of the servers took off the extra plates on our designated table. Neither the hostess nor the Maitre d' get involved in these tasks. The experience is chaotic, because no one seems to be in charge.Special Features:
- Food was good but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2012Food was good but service was lackluster. Three trips from waitstaff to serve party of four. Boo
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2012The food was good, probably the best Chinese food on the Main Line that I have had, but we felt the service could have been friendlier. The seriousness of our waiter was unwelcoming, and apparently they do not accept Open Table diners cheques here, which also dampened our experience.Special Features:
- An off night...howyalikethemapplesVIPDined on 7/3/2012Quality of food was not up to usual par. Mixed drink was not very well made. Must have been an off night. Always appreciate the fresh roasted peanuts when you sit down.Special Features:
- very helpful waiter who guidedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012very helpful waiter who guided us through the menu. great ambienceSpecial Features:
- Delicious, high quality chineseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/7/2012Delicious, high quality chinese food. Excellent menu.Special Features:
- We ate upstairs in the JapaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012We ate upstairs in the Japanese section, which was gorgeous. Everyone was happy with their food, especially the Japanese choices. Good sushi. I had General Tso's and it was pretty much what I could get from a podunk little place, except that I paid almost $20 for it and there wasn't any broccoli or anything with it. It was still delicious, just not what I had expected for the price. We probably wouldn't go back because it's so expensive for what you get, except maybe for the atmosphere as it's difficult to find places as nice for larger groups to have nice conversation on the Main Line.Special Features:
- Not your strip mall Chinese joint!howyalikethemapplesVIPDined on 5/5/2012This is high quality Chinese cuisine in a nice setting thus the prices are not what you find at the strip mall restaurants. The food in Wayne is a step-up from the Frazer location. Cocktails were good and enjoyed by all. We enjoyed the entree selections, beef with orange sauce and chicken with peanuts. Kids enjoyed the sweet and sour chicken and the chicken fried rice (among the best I've had). This is a fairly formal setting and quite dark but there were lots of families with well behaved children. Two private dining rooms on the main floor and the sushi upstairs is always great!Special Features:
- Very pleasant Chinese restaurantLarrydermVIPDined on 4/20/2012Very pleasant Chinese restaurant with good service and outstanding food. The management is most accommodating.Special Features:
- Underwhelming. Although theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2012Underwhelming. Although the decor is lovely, and the service impeccable, the food was just okay. I have had much better preparations of the same dishes at other restaurants, for a lower price.
- Even with a reservation itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2012Even with a reservation it took 30 minutes to get a table. We ordered soup and a main course, waited a long time, then all the food arrived at once. When it arrived the food was very good but not worth the long wait.
- A terrific dining experienceMargaretVIPDined on 3/9/2012A terrific dining experience .. the staff is wonderful and the food outstanding. Couldn't ask for a better place to dine!Special Features:
- This is an exceptional restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2012This is an exceptional restaurant. They are very professional and welcoming. The price is a little expensive, but it’s well worth it. They give a great portion of food. I definitely will recommend this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/25/2012Food is excellent. Started off with tempura lobster sushi and Philly roll and icura roll. Sushi is first class.. Also had Wonton soup for 2. For dinner my wife had the triple delight and I had the whole sea bass Hunan style which I would highly recommend. The service was good but not excellent. I go to this restaurant 3 times a month because the food is excellent.
- Very good authentic ChineseLarrydermVIPDined on 2/24/2012Very good authentic Chinese food severed in a pleasant atmosphere. A nice experience.Special Features:
- dissapointed, not as goodromanticDined on 2/1/2012dissapointed, not as good as I had heard, have been to much better oriental restaurants
- Food was great service wasMainlinediningdadVIPDined on 1/20/2012Food was great service was awful. Over two house to get through appetizers and entrees. Too much time in between courses. Minimal attention from server. Won't be going back.
- Food was a bit over priced.MikeDined on 1/14/2012Food was a bit over priced. It was nothing special. I've gotten the same quality food, both in food quality and flavor, at much more reasonably priced places. The dining room was very small and crowded. It felt like we were buried in a corner and there were 3 tables boxing us in. Service was very slow and inconsistent. Took us 15 mins to get asked if we wanted a glass of water, and them we had to tell him we wanted a wine menu. Did not have the experience I expected
- Margaret Kuo's Dragon's LairOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012Good authentic Chinese and especially Taiwanese dishes for suburban PA. They have many traditional Taiwanese dishes, including Oyster pancake and steamed mini-buns, but they are prepared with care and attention to detail, so that the basic dish is the same you would get in Flushing, but more care is used in the preparation as well as higher quality ingredients. For example, the oysters really taste like oysters. Very much enjoyed it and will return. They also have more "American" style foodie dishes, like wagyu short ribs and grass fed filet with foie gras.Special Features:
- From their attentive staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2012From their attentive staff, their outstanding menu and wine list and the leisurely dinner our party of 4 enjoyed, Margaret Kuo's is a hit every time. The presentation of their delicious food sets the tone for a most enjoyable dining experience. When meeting a group, we especially like the back room of the Dragon's Lair. They also do a fabulous job when ordering take-out.Special Features:
- Was there for New Year's Eve.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2011Was there for New Year's Eve. Food was very good as usual, but the service was rather poor - I suppose they had difficulty coping with the heavy workpoad. Also, it appeared thay did not have their regular serving staff.Special Features:
- Delicious Chinese ans JapaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2011Delicious Chinese ans Japanese dishes. We had the Shabu Shabu, which they say is for two, but with a few sides, served four just fine! I've been here many times, and they are consistently delicious and attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- An "A" for Effort, but...ZeeZeeDined on 12/17/2011We really wanted to like this place. But didn't. The atmosphere was pleasant, the service personnel friendly/competent/helpful but the food bombed. My Kung Pao chicken swam in grease, had too many onions and not much of anything else. My husband's dish was lovingly served, but lacked in taste-bland. Even our appetizers were not especially tasty. The place was full--maybe others ordered the right dishes?Special Features:
- Food was decent. Service wasmidandcoDined on 12/16/2011Food was decent. Service was abominable. Bottom line: Food not good enough to grt us to com e back.
- Off EveningLarrydermVIPDined on 12/10/2011We have been to this restaurant several times. Unfortunately, this was not a good evening, as it appeared that many service people did not show. As a result, service was slow and not up to usual standards. Food wad just so-so.Special Features:
- Margaret Kuos is an upscaleAmyDVIPDined on 12/8/2011Margaret Kuos is an upscale Chinese restaurant in the heart of Wayne. The food is very good and the service is attentive.
- One of our favorites in Wayne.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/4/2011One of our favorites in Wayne. The orange beef is to die for! Service is great. Food is always delicious.Special Features:
- We ordered 4 dishes. AllOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/20/2011We ordered 4 dishes. All were up to our expectations. My favorite, the Peking Duck, was excellent, as usual.Special Features:
- A familiar spot on the mainCjhinpaDined on 11/18/2011A familiar spot on the main line. Foos is very good. Service was a bit slow for a night when there was not a full house. Very good choice for good Asian cuisine.