Margaret Kuo's Akari Room Upstairs - Japanese Cuisine
175 East Lancaster Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Margaret Kuo's Akari Room Upstairs - Japanese Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.margaretkuos.com/
- Phone: 6106887200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Margaret Kuo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Margaret Kuo's offers catering service for up to 100 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Margaret Kuo's Akari Room offers 2 authentic Tatami rooms for traditional on-the-floor dining, each room providing intimate seating for 10 guests or combined for up to 20 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Kuo 6106887200
- Entertainment: Special occasions only. Chinese New Year, New Year's Eve, Karaoke
A word from Margaret Kuo's Akari Room Upstairs - Japanese Cuisine
Designed to showcase the contemporary interpretation of traditional Japanese architecture, the Akari Room Upstairs at Margaret Kuo's exudes Asian intimacy & cultural romance. The menu, ranging from sushi to Shabu Shabu,, is traditional & authentic. For authentic Northern Chinese cuisine, please visit Margaret Kuo's Dragon's Lair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Margaret Kuo's Akari Room Upstairs - Japanese Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Dining experience was fineDianeDined on 5/23/2009Dining experience was fine - they didn't have much of a selection of sake.Special Features:
- Great place to place someoneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/20/2009Great place to place someone for dinner. The booths are like your own little place, and you dont feel like your really in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Good but somewhat overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2009Good but somewhat overpriced. Non-sushi menu is limited.Special Features:
- It was an amazing surprise-OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2009It was an amazing surprise- we had the best time and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Great selection of food, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/28/2009Great selection of food, friendly staff. Great quality and presentation of sushi!!Special Features:
- The restaurant had a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2009The restaurant had a very authentic feel which added to the quality of the experience. I would definitely go again and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for good Japanese food on the Main Line.Special Features:
- The service staff had POOROpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2009The service staff had POOR command of Englishwhich created a bit of a mess whem ordering- we had to wait forever for dessertSpecial Features:
- This very attractive restaurantLaurieVIPDined on 2/14/2009This very attractive restaurant is probably not ideal for people with hearty appetites. The king crab and tuna sashimi were 2 bites each, and took a very long time to arrive, due (our excellent waiter explained) to a large volume of takeout orders that night. Food was very good and presentation was beautiful.Special Features:
- waiter not professionallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2009waiter not professionally trained. he seems to more interested in selling something than listening what customers wanted
- Our server must have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2009Our server must have been new - he botched the orders and had to be asked to bring things (like soup) that were included in a few of the meals. The food was fine - but nothing notable - and the price was high for the quality.
- This place is our favorite!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2008This place is our favorite!! Its awesome..great service, great food!Special Features:
- The service and atmosphereGolfnutDined on 8/8/2008The service and atmosphere were great as was most of the food. I must tell you that we were disappointed with the Imperial Duck.
- I was there on a quiet night.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2008I was there on a quiet night. There were a few notable issues. I ordered 4 or 5 bottles of wine each of which had a more recent vintage year than was advertised and each was sent back. I expected that the waiter/maitre d would suggest a cheaper price for the wine given the vintage issues but that didn't happen even when I asked him. I finally asked what do they have on the menu that is the same vintage as advertised and was told they don't have any. I sent bottle after bottle back. Unacceptable for a pricey rest. I ordered the "big boat" sushi option for $ 100 and thought it looked skimpy for the price. The food was average to good.
- We had the chef prepare aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2008We had the chef prepare a five-course meal. It was outstanding....the best of everything. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Service was lacking. The bassLynnVIPDined on 6/13/2008Service was lacking. The bass entree came out a lot sooner than the sushi inspite of the fact that there were VERY few customers. So one of us was done eating before the sushi arrived. We were not given clean plates after appetizers that we shared so we used them for our sushi as well. We are sophisticated diners and have dined in the best restaurants in New York, LA, San Francisco, Paris and Philadelphia and this one is not one we'll visit again.
- always enjoy Margaret Kuo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2008always enjoy Margaret Kuo's Restaurants but this is my favorite todate great service and food look forward to going back soonSpecial Features:
- The staff was quite attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/28/2008The staff was quite attentive to my needs; and the portions of food were more than I expected...two great qualities. I wouldn't change a thing; and I will keep coming back to Margaret Kuo's in the future. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- We had to go on the chineseanoahnaDined on 5/25/2008We had to go on the chinese floor finally: when we arrived the restaurant were not ready, they were still cleaning (bleach smell around!!) and the japanese floor weren't opened. I really wanted to try it, so I was kind of disappointed. Even if we can eat everything, everywhere ! So no big deal. I just have to come another time...Special Features:
- The sushi was fresh and tasty;whydoineedanicknameVIPDined on 5/9/2008The sushi was fresh and tasty; as good as any sushi on the mainline and better than most. Service could have been a bit more attentive, but overall was fine. I expected the ambiance to be a bit more formal, but this wasn't a serious drawback.Special Features:
- Very good Sushi and Filet.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2008Very good Sushi and Filet. Forgot to bring 2nd round of drinks and didn't have ingredients required for the desert we ordered. Good food ruined by poor service.
- The only thing I was disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2008The only thing I was disappointed about was that my friend called and reserved a booth for my husband and me, and when we got there, a booth was unavailable. I was looking forward to this!Special Features:
- WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. I HAVEOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. I HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES AND NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED. WARREN ALWAYS MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE VISITING FRIENDS. I HAVE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IT TO FRIENDS MANY TIMES.Special Features: