569 High Street
Westwood, MA 02090Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chiarabistro.com/
- Phone: 7814618118x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun: Lounge & Bar Menu 4:30-8:30 pm
Full Dinner Menu 5:30-8:30pm
Tue-Thur: Lounge & Bar menu 4:30-10:00 pm
Full Dinner Menu 5:30- 9:00 pm
Fri-Sat: Lounge & Bar Menu 4:30-11:00 pm
Full Dinner Menu 5:30-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Steve LaCount, AAC
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chiara is available for daytime events including meetings, showers, bereavement gatherings and luncheons; our team is also available for catering events in your home.
- Special Events: Please check our website: www.chiarabistro.com for special events.
A word from Chiara Bistro
Chiara is downtown dining in the suburbs. Conveniently located just 1.5 miles off exit 16B Rte. 128 on Rte. 109 in Westwood. Chiara offers outstanding seasonal selections of authentic Italian, French, Spanish and other Mediterranean cuisines. An excellent selection of unusual wines are offered along with a highly creative menu of seasonal cocktails. www.chiarabistro.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Chiara Bistro - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
Chiara Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (60)special occasion (49)romantic (35)notable wine list (22)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- PerfectauntiesharDined on 2/19/2014Friendly staff.Knowledgeable staff.Relaxing atmosphere.Hidden gem! Delucious everytime, every dish, every app, every sip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent food...1ValleyGuyDined on 2/16/2014During the greater Boston snow period Chiara's served its usual fine food. The fireplace and bar scene were a delightful location to wait for our reservation to popup. Even the owner's were working to assist the staff during the snow period on a Sunday evening. Server staff or maybe the kitchen were slow, but we waited a little over 20 minutes from ordering time before our food finally arrived; plus, I had to track down the server to ask for an additional drink for the other person at our table...but, it was the nicely prepared food we are used to at Chiara's. DaveSpecial Features:
- Valentines Weekend Snow DateRedcapVIPDined on 2/15/2014The 15th was supposed to be a miserable evening so a reservation opened up which we were pleased to get. Our waiter made the meal extra special with his great service and checking to see if the all inclusive dinner special could be served as an entre' only. I am so glad they did, the special presentation of Sea Bass was not to be missed. It was an excellent meal and the wines he chose for each of our meals when beautifully.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day ValorGurnetianDined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentine's Day 2014. Very attentive and polite servers. Special Sweetheart menu included choice of appetizer, entrée, and dessert. The food was very flavorful and diverse. Great combinations of spices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and tasty local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2014We have eaten here before enjoying the food , atmosphere & attention by the staff . The room is on the smaller size, cozy with comfortable couches around a fireplace, an active bar and a few bar tables . It also has an open kitchen. I loved the shrimp risotto appetizer with smoked bacon added,-wish I had that as an entree as the duck was slightly undercooked and bland. The calamari was crispy , flavorful. Others loved the pork shank. The steak which came with alot of fancy, crispy, thin fries. Sadly this visit on a Sun. left alot to be desired re: service. The waiter didn't come back to check on the food once it was served, didn't come over to finish serving the wine once it was initially poured and tried to remove our plates too quickly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe the kitchen was overwhelmed..LocalFoodieDined on 2/8/2014The place was packed; despite reservations we had to wait about 30 minutes to be seated. Service was good but it took a long time for our entrees to arrive. The dish our waiter recommended (pork shank) wasn't that inspiring--it was a bit dry, not particularly flavorful. My husband was disappointed in the salmon, too--said it has crispy skin but otherwise undercooked. In watching the kitchen it appeared that they were overwhelmed. We have had enjoyable meals at Chiara and will go again, but were disappointed this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep trying...ShadowDined on 2/8/2014The owner was fantastic. We waited a 1/2 hr. beyond our 7;45 reservation on Sat. and bought us drinks. It was nice that he cared the woman at the front desk could of cared less. We were seated at a lovely table and enjoyed our wine! I had to ask twice for a little olive oil for our bread. A hint of the ineptitude to come! I ordered duck and my husband, the sea bass. The waiter never asked how I wanted the duck prepared. (a given) I expected that the chef would prepare it as duck should be prepared. Pink, with crispy skin. My duck was gray, soggy skin. It sat on over cooked greens and mushy sweet potato something. No one came to ask us how our food was and I would have told them and maybe this review would have changed. Sea Bass, just, O.K.
- We are generally quite happyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/8/2014We are generally quite happy at Chiara. However, the restaurant was very crowded and the hostess desk was very disorganized. We were told we had a ten minute wait while at the time, there was an empty table near the entrance/bar area. After fifteen minutes, the hostess decided to sit us at this open table, even though she could have seated us there immediately. The waiter was nice, but we could hardly understand him. Since the restaurant was so crowded, the service was extremely slow. He came over to apologize for the delay and then brought us a few homemade potato chips and dip. It took about an hour to get our entree. The waiter apologized again, but then did not return to ask us how the food was until after we had finished the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OliviaLYNNDined on 2/8/2014We would return to Chiara as the duck breast was excellent and to request a quiet seat. This is a lively place with a very active bar scene on Saturday nights. It appears to us they installed more sound-proofing but Saturdays it's still noisy. As we had an early reservation, we were less effected by the noise. I would recommend this place during the week rather than weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food and pleasant ownersmariaDined on 2/7/2014It took a while to get seated,although we had reservations, but the owners went above and beyond to make sure we received VIP service to compensate for our wait. The food was outstanding. We will certainly return and recommend it to all our friends.Special Features:
- special eveningMyrnaVIPDined on 2/7/2014The food at Chiara is wonderful, with many choices for all palates. Hospitality is wonderful; Allie was a great server and Chef/Owner Steve is a terrific host, always making his guests feel welcome. This was a special birthday evening for my two friends and Steve made it extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemBobTDined on 2/6/2014Chiara's is a charming Mediterranean Bistro near Westwood center serving a modest array of delicious entrees. My wife opted for the Scottish Salmon and I had the Braised Pork. Both were expertly prepared and well presented by an attentive wait staff. The portions are quite generous. We have been to Chiara's several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014Our server never came over at the beginning sent a busboy to get our drink order. One meal came out to rare had to send back. Menu was limited.
- Special occasion! Met allCelebrate6Dined on 1/26/2014Special occasion! Met all our expectations! Excellent from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second visit recentlyDinersXDined on 1/26/2014Our second visit recently did not disappoint...The food was great, the service equally so. We shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting Better with Age!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014This was our third visit to Chiara. Our first trips, the restaurant was very good, the food was super yummy, but they hadn't quite hit their stride. Boy have they ever now! Everything was revelatory--the gnocchi were perfect textured, the pork was deliciously gamey, and the cheesecake was AMAZING. Cocktails still need a little sprucing, but they were fresh in flavor, just could have been a little more chilled, and a bit prettier. Server was a delight. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/23/2014I celebrated my 43rd wedding anniversary this past Thursday night with my husband, and my sister-in-law and brother-in - law. We had a wonderful time as always. The food was delicious and the it felt like we were in Boston instead of the suburbs .Cozy and warm, very friendly,very special. I'm looking forward to the upcoming paint nights on Sundays. MarybethSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEIGHBORHOOD GEM, AMAZING FOODBob64Dined on 1/23/2014One of several visits for us to this wonderful place. Great food, open kitchen and well trained servers. Also free wine tastings from time to time!Special Features:
- Excellent night outOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/18/2014Service, food and the whole experience exceeded our expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveCrushDined on 1/17/2014It bustling from 6 PM to 9 PM, when we left. Nonetheless, we were treated well from the hostess, the barkeep to our waitress. The food was most impressive. The menu is fascinating and hard to pick from, given the variety a great choices. I finally landed on the Braised Pork Shank, which came with a Sweet Potato Gratin. The presentation was great, but for me, it's the taste and texture that counts most. As fabulous as the shank was, I will never forget the Sweet Potato Gratin. It was a delicately layered creation reminding me of a beautiful and finely crafted work of art. It was even better in my mouth than to the eye! Dinner at Chiara was an impressive experience. Thank you for the masterfully orchestrated evening. We will be back.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014This was our first visit. My husband, son and I loved the food- fantastic appetizers of calimari and meatballs as well as the main entrees- salmon and burger! I loved the merlot wine. The restaurant was cozy, beautiful and quiet. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in the suburbsPatbDined on 1/10/2014Dinner at Chiara was great from start to finish. The menu is small, but the food was excellent. Steve, the manager was very friendly! I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service so soctjbosDined on 1/4/2014After eating there we are not sure how it is a Mediterranean bistro, as the options/flavors did not seem to mirror the Mediterranean. However the food was delicious! The service was so-so--we had to wait quite a while for our table despite having reservations & it took a long time for the entrees to arrive--not just to our table but to everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service marred this great spotNomadDined on 1/4/2014I normally love Chiara, having been there over a half dozen times. But this past week, they suddenly lost their ability to serve the customer. We had to wait 75 minutes after we arrived to get our food without so much as an apology or an extra basket of bread. I blame the waiter for taking a long time to take our drink orders, bring the drinks, and then take our order. We actually had to track him down by the kitchen to place a dessert order. We were there for two hours and others were there longer we saw. I don't mind spending a long time at dinner, but it should be my choice, not a lack of attention from the waiter. I'll try again and hope the service is better next time. Our food was very good once it finally arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine evening!fatdogDined on 1/3/2014The servers were very friendly and efficient without being pushy. The appetizers and meal were very tasty, proportioned just right so we both are everything on our plate but left sated. The presentation of the meal was so well done that I was tempted to take a pic of my salmon before eating it.Overall a great experience and am planning a return visit soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat to go to Chiara...thwildcatDined on 12/31/2013Always a treat to go to Chiara...the food never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalRubyVIPDined on 12/28/2013This had to be one of the finest meals I have ever had....high praise indeed. The meal was perfect from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ImpressionDaveMaynardDined on 12/28/2013We enjoyed our first visit and will consider returning. The price is on the high side of what we are usually comfortable spending but the food was very good and ample. The seating in the dining area is close and it certainly isn't intimate. It was very dark at our corner table and we had to use the light from our cell phone to read the menu. Neighboring conversations could be overheard quite easily, the noise level was moderate. Service was very friendly and began as attentive but became less so as the evening progressed as the restaurant became busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been there before,deerDined on 12/27/2013I have been there before, and both times my meal was great and the service is excellent. It is a nice place in the suburbs for dinner.Special Features:
- We were a group of 6 - a groupMegsDined on 12/21/2013We were a group of 6 - a group that always has at least one person who was underwhelmed. This was not true December 21. The skirt steak was a favorite, my husband loved the salmon and the Brussels sprouts! The service was attentive, we were in front of the fire - a perfect evening. We can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu and PresentationappletonVIPDined on 12/13/2013Very comfortable suburban spot. Excellent ingredients Chef watches over each plate Menu always has unique items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usual!hungryicaDined on 11/28/2013My husband and I went here for Thanksgiving after going a few other times and having great experiences. We found ourselves without Thanksgiving Day plans and decided we wanted to go out. The Thanksgiving meal was perfect and it was nice to be able to choose something other than turkey. We each had scallops and salmon along with wild mushroom bisque and shrimp for appetizers. The dessert was a sampler of delicious Thanksgiving desserts—pecan tart, apple pie, and pumpkin cheesecake. The food and service were outstanding. I also really enjoyed getting to talk with the owner too about her dream of making the space into a restaurant (it was formerly a craft store).Special Features:
- Lovely Thanksgiving dinner!NatuScapeDined on 11/28/2013We booked a table for Thanksgiving, and were very pleased with every aspect of the meal! Service was prompt and courteous, in spire of us forcing them to work a holiday. Will definitely return for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving dinner!JfedDined on 11/28/2013Chiara was a wonderful experience for my mother and I. From the appetizers to the mini deserts. We look forward to our return next Thanksgiving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChiaraNarfDined on 11/23/2013Food was fantastic...best restaurant I have ever been to. Need here twice. Pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner out this yearOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013The menu is unique, pacing of the service of the meal excellent, incredible blending of flavors, textures and presentation. We'll be back and we're bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, long waitbluebird2Dined on 11/22/2013Fun evening out - though two cons on a Friday evening. Even though we had a reservation, we waited about an hour to be seated. (However, the staff made it up by offering to buy a round of drinks and/or apps.) Second con - high noise level and loud at times. That said, the food was enjoyable and our server terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like it a lot.JohnVIPDined on 11/22/2013We have been there several times and it never disappoints. The food is good and the service is great. Also, the bar obviously takes pains to ensure superb cocktails, even to the details like the type of cherry used in an excellent Manhattan. We look forward to our next dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed...MangiamoDined on 11/16/2013We had heard wonderful things from several people so were excited to try Chiara. It was a nice experience and the food was good, but nothing exceptional. It was priced like a good downtown restaurant, but didn't quite merit that. We may or may not go again, but would definitely try other places first. The service was very good, but we weren't seated until almost 1/2 hour after we arrived (on time for our reservation).Special Features:
- We always Love ChiaraBillMcDined on 11/8/2013Had an early dinner on a Friday night, meeting my wife there as she road home from work. As usual the food is always great there. We had the Calamari appetizer, which was great, along with some oysters. They had a special CA Chardonnay which we both loved and was reasonably priced. I had the Pork Shank which was delicious and my wife was not as hungry and had two small plates, the Scrimp Salad and a small Rack of Lamb I think. We took home the Chocolate desert and all in all as usual it was a great meal, as good as the sorts of places we go to in downtown Boston but only 10 miles away from us.Special Features: