11909 Preston Rd. Suite 1418
Dallas, TX 75230Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcrowd.com/mercury/index.asp
- Phone: 972-960-7774
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chris Ward
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Mercury does off site catering for every type of event no matter how large or small. Let the Mercury cater your next event! Please call Lisa Clark at 972-822-8757 for details.
A word from The Mercury
Award Winning Contemporary American cuisine. Exceptional food in a neighborhood atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Mercury reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)special occasion (59)fit for foodies (56)romantic (45)notable wine list (36)good for groups (24)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (13)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Business Dinneruneed2goDined on 6/4/2014Superb food. Best Black Cod dish I've ever had including many in Boston where Cod is a staple. Kalamata Bread salad a unique, flavorful and different salad. treatment. Pleasant atmosphere in the room, liked the lower light level and candles on the tables but a tad noisy in our area near the open kitchen. Would ask for another table away from kitchen next time. Service was very good over all but got a little slower as crowd increased.....our waiter knew the menu, was well versed on various entrees and quite helpful since this was our first visit. Well dressed and mannered clientele which was nice to be among yet not stuffy by any means. Odd location in strip center belies what you find inside which, I suppose, allows reasonable menu prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 948 reviews are from the The Mercury reviews archive.
- Mixed ReviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014Our table of 5 all ordered different items. I had the veal - it is an odd mixture of greens and sliced veal parmesan. The veal was very dry and the vegetables just didn't work, more like something you'd put together as the last of leftovers. Another had the filet w lobster, hard to mess that up. Overall, the menu is week and I'm not inclined to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So pleasantCargeoTXDined on 6/3/2014Would go back without hesitation. Manager and service persons really on their toes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SallyDallasSallyDallasDined on 6/2/2014As always, the food and service at the Mercury were excellent. I had requested a quiet table, and that is what we had! Throughly enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:
- Active, waiting for "W"Ro72VIPDined on 5/30/2014We've been here before when garlic was the previlent seasoning but it was fine. Hard to have a private conversation but after 50 years we can read each other's lips. Pricing was acceptable and pace was appropriateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jenny74Dined on 5/29/2014Great food and great service. Menu selection was amazing and wines were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantBigDDiningVIPDined on 5/24/2014We live in Longview and come to Dallas several times each year. One of the highlights of our trip is dining at Mercury. We love their martinis, service, and Halibut finished with Lava Cake and a dip of vanilla ice cream and a great cup of black coffee. YUM! Sandra & Jimmy JohnsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyRubyDubyDined on 5/22/2014We wanted a quiet place to have dinner with friends. We booked on Open Table and requested the back room where we have eaten several times. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were told that the back room was only for large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014I enjoy the food at this restaurant and it is nice to have a business meeting here. However, the waitstaff is extremely rude and I have experienced the same treatment from the waitstaff on several occasions.Special Features:
- Deluxe Dinning QualityLobcodDined on 5/17/2014Excellent dinning with great care to quality and preparationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale steakhouse and moreCreekerDined on 5/12/2014This place highlights its steaks, but we both chose Scottish salmon, one on a salad and one on excellent rissotto with peas and asparagus mixed in. The salmon was perfectly seasoned and cooked. Really, everything was expertly done. I'll probably try a steak the next time we're in town. The restaurant is lovely inside, the wine list is diverse but not overwhelming, and the bartender makes a great Manhattan. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Mother's DayIvanDined on 5/11/2014An excellent day had by all, food and service outstanding.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchmaingleDined on 5/11/2014A huge selection on their buffet, the food was fresh and very good. We will make the Mercury a tradition in our family.Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulous!GourmetDivaVIPDined on 5/9/2014We dined for the first time at The Mercury. It was unbelievable! The food was simply perfection. Service was outstanding! Being from out of town, we can't wait to get back to Dallas to experience the divine cuisine at The Mercury! It is truly the perfect place for any individual with a highly refined discerning palate!Special Features:
- The MercuryJamesDined on 5/9/2014Superb food, cordiality, reception and service! Reza, the Maitre D' makes every guest feel welcome.
- Wonderful evening!HineSrDined on 5/8/2014We had a college graduation celebration at the Mercury for 6. One of my best meals ever! The food selection was terrific. The quality was over the top. The service was awesome. Chef/owner Ward was all over the place running the kitchen, greeting guests, and making guests feel welcome. I had the short rib appetizer and braised lamb shanks, and soufflé for dessert. Wonderful! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best kept secretimonsecondVIPDined on 5/5/2014We are regulars at this neighborhood restaurant for lunch and occasionally dinner. Service is excellent, especially at lunch and on weekdays although I can't speak for weekends. It can get really noisy on weekends. Food is great. I think it's great for business lunches. We also did a large party in the side room and I think that would be great for company events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteMaxcadyDined on 5/2/2014Steak oscar was delectable, the service was outstanding. The resturant was nice and dark and cold, the way I like it !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoestonejoestoneDined on 5/2/2014Very attentive service. New to job but knew the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal Until DessertrobbobDined on 4/26/2014We had such an amazing dinner. The service was outstanding. Everything about the night was perfect. Unfortunately, the dessert was a bomb. Supposedly the ultimate completion of a meal at The Mercury is the souffle. Ours was inedible. It tasted like eggs. Such a shame to end an otherwise amazing night with a poor dessert.Special Features:
- Outstanding!BelomorVIPDined on 4/26/2014Oustanding pretty much applies to everything at Mercury! Food, service, attention to details! Steaks and fish were very good. We had a 6 people dinner party and everybody was really happy. Thanks!Special Features:
- DeeDeeVIPDined on 4/24/2014Wonderful as always. We were in the Manhattan Room which is much better because it is quiet.Special Features:
- Great way to celebrate hubbies' 50!MaboDined on 4/23/2014My husband chose this restaurant from the reviews. We went there, the family, to help him celebrate his 50th birthday. He arrived early and sat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and made him his favorite cocktail. He also gave him 2 samples of a Cab! He loved one of them which he ordered for dinner. Our 15 and 17 year old daughters loved the restaurant as well. Our waiter, Jesse, was outstanding. All the wait staff were excellent. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchHappyDined on 4/22/2014As always, a great meal and expedient service. One of my offices favorite spots for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOD3SoMoVIPDined on 4/20/2014While we've thoroughly enjoyed their brunch in past years, this year's was okay. Perhaps the 1pm seating was our downfall; food was not warm, and often in need of replenishing. While the grits, migas, and brisket were delightful, the omlet station was hidden, the eggs benedicts were room temp, and the desserts were mis-labelled (good thing my wife who is allergic to nuts didn't try the "nut free" cake - which actually had nuts throughout!) My table guests and I agreed, we miss the coffee and doughnut balls upon reception! , and the sophisticated waiters , who are understandable, and understanding. I hope this truly was the exception to my last several visits.Special Features:
- Great BrunchBobKDined on 4/20/2014Chris Ward serves a special brunch on Easter, Mother's Day and thanksgiving. It really is one of the best in Dallas. The Mercury has been my favorite restaurant for several years. It has the neighborhood feel with the elegant ambiance of the classiest restaurants in Dallas. The food is always wonderful, while the service is impecable and friendly. If you have never been, I suggest a visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchEat2live2eatDined on 4/20/2014Excellent food choices. Shrimp and oyster bar was amazing. Dining room was a little crowded, but the service was attentive. I've eaten dinner there on numerous occasions. It is the best meal they do, whether for business meal or romantic interlude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2014We dine here often and they are always consistent. Excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencecorpuser12Dined on 4/15/2014Just like our other experiences here. the food was great, the service was excellent and the experience was just as we expected. We can always count on our company special experiences to be handled in a totally outstanding manner. We are loyal patrons and fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always perfectleahVIPDined on 4/12/2014Wonderful Service, Dellicious specials, always so much fun!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatc1234Dined on 4/8/2014Wonderful evening & meal. Reliable for delicious dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchPianoTeacherDined on 4/8/2014We recently had a very nice business lunch at The Mercury. One of our guests is hard of hearing in noisy environs. The wait staff was very kind in seating us in their adjacent room, away from the lunch crowd. This led to an enjoyable dining experience for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save Your MoneySeanMVIPDined on 4/4/2014nothing special -- save your money and go somewhere else.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantimonsecondVIPDined on 4/3/2014It's one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants for either lunch or dinner. Service is outstanding as staff are very attentive, and knowledgeable. Lunch has two menus. One is similar to the dinner menu with lunch portion servings and prices. The other is more like a deli menu which includes a really great hamburger list but includes Reubens sandwiches and Muffalettas, etc. and they do great French fries. It's great for business lunches unless you have to read contracts and stuff as it has an art deco look with low lighting and dark walls and tinted windows. It's really great for dinner as well. Significantly, it has been there for years and has a very loyal clientele... like us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food has been consistentlyHarmonyDined on 3/29/2014Food has been consistently very good and the waiter was excellent really new what he was talking about and made god recommendationsSpecial Features:
- Outstanding dinnerFloMofoodieVIPDined on 3/28/2014We reserved a table for four, promptly seating and waited upon by the entire staff. This was a Friday night and the restaurant was crowded. We did not experience any long waits for service. Food arrived with good timing, we ordered several appetizers, salads and main dishes followed by desserts. I would recommend The Mercury without hesitation.Special Features:
- My Kitchen away from HomeDuchessVIPDined on 3/28/2014We have been going to The Mercury for 16 years...sometimes 2 or 3 times a week. The service is outstanding and the food is always delicious. Chris Ward, Chef/Partner, is always willing to fix anything you ask of him. We just love this place. Favorites are the filet dynamite, Dover sole, steak tartare, sashimi of yellowtail and the most wonderful pomme frites. The warm bread and chicken liver pate served as soon as you sit down are always a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative, tasty dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014The food was well prepared, well presented and the dishes we had were outstanding. The blend of seasonings and components were most pleasing. Looking forward to returning for another experience.Special Features:
- Power lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/24/2014A solid, even exemplary, power lunch spot. Consistently first-rate food, service, ambience and attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly fairDallasdinerDined on 3/22/2014We have been to Mercury many times but never sat in the back room before. It has such a different feel and can't compare in ambiance to the main dining room. While the food has always been outstanding in the past, it was just okay this night. It will be awhile before we return.Special Features: