Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
16 Mazzeo Drive
Randolph, MA 02368Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 7819617200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ed Biliki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Not Your Average Joe's Randolph reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (45)great for lunch (40)kid-friendly (30)special occasion (25)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)romantic (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- AccommodatingClassrDined on 1/1/2014When we go for Lunch on a weekend, the time tends to be between 2-4:00 so we really order more "dinner ish" food. I truly hate sandwiches. The special chicken dish was not being served until 4:00 and it was only 3. I was just going to have a cup of chowder if the chef could not make the chicken for me. Well, he made the chicken (delish) and I cancelled the chowder. MMM It was worth asking for the accommodation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve dinner!lnm13Dined on 12/31/2013Not Your Average Joe's for our New Year's Eve dinner was excellent! (a great choice all the time) The food was delicious and a bit creative/different which we all enjoy in our meals 'out'. Our waiter was cheerful and efficient. The meals are reasonably priced though not inexpensive. We really enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic menu, reasonable pricesLindaMcDined on 12/31/2013We eat here fairly regularly, as it's a cut above the other local chains with equivalent pricing. The very good news is that NYAJ's takes reservations and does call ahead seating as they get VERY busy at peak hours and wait times can approach the 60 minute mark. Some of their dishes include unusual spices and don't appeal to every palate, so if you're the "just a little salt and pepper, please" kind of diner, steer clear of the Asian-inspired dishes.(as well as the lamb meatballs . . .) unless you're feeling particularly adventuresome. Bread is tasty and fresh (as in made on the premises), and the dipping oil mix is very tasty (and mixed at your table). Tasty indeed!Special Features:
- Great casual diningDaisyDined on 12/26/2013Not your Average Joe's is always our choice for a great meal at a good price. Service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYAJ consistently goodAFairportFanDined on 12/22/2013The food at Not Your Average Joe's is great--I have never had a bad meal at either the Randolph or Dartmouth locations. On a recent cold, rainy evening, the Mustard-Crusted Chicken with green beans and garlic mashed potatoes was perfect comfort food. My dining companion had Harvest Mac 'n Cheese, a unique and delicious take on that classic dish (roasted butternut squash, marinated chicken thigh, baby spinach and curly cavatappi noodles, baked in a creamy cheddar and smoked mozzarella sauce, topped with asiago bread crumbs). Although the noise level can be a bit too loud at "prime time", the food and excellent service more than makes up for it. Overall, NYAJ is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food consistently good; cateredMarcia24VIPDined on 12/21/2013Food consistently good; catered to my low sodium request. Waitress missed one item I ordered so almost half done with meal until it arrived...Special Features:
- great as alwaysdianeVIPDined on 12/19/2013We dined a late lunch for the last day of school and winter break, Mia was so nice! We have been eating here for years and I've never had the pleasure of Mia being our Server. She was so kind, sincere and sweat. Mia is our new favorite Server, we'll see you all again soon. Great service always, makes up for any flaws, pass on the Lamb meatballs, so much spices, can't taste any meat, they might as well have been (spice balls), everything else, yummy, tuna wontons, salad, and Quesadilla perfect!:)Special Features:
- Not a fan of this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2013I always go to nyaj in beverly or Burlington. But this location was terrible. The wait staff sat around earring in the back. Our waitress was of but didn't go out of her way for anything.
- ConsistencyBelgiumVIPDined on 12/14/2013NYAJ always performs well. We know what you can expect, we never get disappointed. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- qualityfoodieDined on 12/7/2013consistently good with high quality food and preparationSpecial Features:
- Hidden gemRoseDined on 12/5/2013I would not have found this restaurant if not for my GPS. The Randoph location is hidden in a small strip mall. When I walked in, I couldn't believe how big it was. There is a lot of parking in the back with a back door entrance. We had a great waiter who did not rush us. The food is great. I am so glad that they offer a half a sandwich with soup. I wish more restaurants did that. That way you can enjoy the great bread and dipping sauce and dessert. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ended up eating at theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/29/2013We ended up eating at the bar. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The bartenders were so friendly and attentive. The only negative was the blast of cold air each time the doors opened. The restaurant was quite busy, so needless to say because of the doors opening it was a bit chilly. However, the service and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fod is consistently good,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2013Fod is consistently good, service is always friedly and prompt prices are reasonable. And as always the bread is to die for!Special Features:
- To Whom It May Concern: Ijkelley01Dined on 11/16/2013To Whom It May Concern: I have been to a few "Not Your Average Joe's" restaurants and have always had a good meal, good service and just an enjoyable time there. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others I know. Saturday night was exceptionally busy there but we had a reservation, were seated on time and the waitress was very pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down HilltwotodineDined on 11/11/2013As soon as we got in we notice a change. The staff was dressed in plaids and jeans which conflicted with the decor of the restaurant. As we sat down to order best cocktails they offer "Mojito" (in my humble opinion) well, they were out of mint. Now this is not a late dinner. Then the were out of the appetizer we wanted. The bread and cheesy sause was good and for the main meal we order Crusted Mustard Chicken and Rosemary Scallops and they were good. The side veggies were lacking. And the dessert we ordered they were out of. Maybe it was the night, really I don't know. But I was very dissapointed.
- great placedannyVIPDined on 11/9/2013always a very enjoyable visit....service is great!!!!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess was very rude. MadeEPrescott84Dined on 11/9/2013Hostess was very rude. Made reservations at 7:45 for 8:15. Got there at 7:50 and was told there was an hour and a half wait and she would see if she could get us in, even though we had reservations. Many people walked in long after us and were seated before is. Did not get a table until almost 9. Not happy. Waitress was pleasant and definitely made up for everyone else's unprofessionalism. I can't count how many times te manager walked past us while we were waiting to be seated. I do think he knew we were upset because when we received our check he stopped by with a $20 gift card. I however will not be returning to this location.
- Not AverageDinerDined on 11/6/2013The restaurant was not able to offer anything but pizza or salad, my plans were ruined. The restaurant was still smokey, due to an exhaust problem. These things happen, my problem was that since I had a reservation and the issue happened the day before, why would they wait until 6:15 the day of to contact me regarding a 6:30 reservation!!!
- Our server Heather was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2013Our server Heather was great and she has only been working at Joe's for 2 months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for my birthdayCarolDined on 11/3/2013Used my coupon from Joe for my birthday dinner and had a wonderful entree and dessert. Everything was super, served hot and In a timely fashion. As my husband said ,"This is about the only meal anywheres that you haven't sent back because it was not hot." Everything was just the way I liked it, and then we went home and watched the Patriots win against the Pittsburgh Steelers. So all -in-all, it was a great . Thanks Joe for the food and Tom Brady for the win.CAROLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same old greatnessDaveDined on 11/2/2013We've been to No Your Average Joe's many times. Sometimes its a casual dinner. Sometimes it's a special event - this time a birthday dinner for my wife. She chose the place out of many possibilities. The meals were perfectly prepared and served with calming efficiency. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE AHI TUNA WAS QUITE GOODserendipityDined on 11/2/2013THE AHI TUNA WAS QUITE GOOD BUT THE SALAD WAS LACKING.....THERE WAS NO MANGO OR JICAMA IN THE CABBAGE SLAW .....THERE WAS NO CONSISTENCY IN THE SIZE OF THE SERVINGS AS TWO OF US ORDERED THE ENTREE AND ONE SALAD WAS SMALLER THAN THE OTHER.....BOTH CONSISTED OF LOTS OF CABBAGE WITH A LITTLE SLICE OF RED PEPPER(?).....ON ANOTHER EVENING WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR CORRECTION BUT THE PARTY WE WERE WITH DOES NOT LIKE TO MAKE WAVES....RESTAURANT WAS VERY BUSY BUT THE KITCHEN SHOULD BE PREPARED......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2013All good except this location not great for big groups...not enough roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant but music VERY loudJanetDined on 10/26/2013This was a lunch meeting--the restaurant new it because I told them--had asked for seating in a quiet area. It was hard to talk with the music so loud. Some restaurants seem to forget that people come to visit with each other and enjoy a good meal NOT listen to music. If you can't hear each other talk much is lost in the experience. Maybe the restaurant employees like the loud music to entertain them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful birthday celebrationskyeDined on 10/25/2013We had a great dinner to celebrate my adult daughtewere rs birthday. We were seated fast and in comfort. Apps were great as were dinners. Best service anywhere from Shamia our waitress. We are regulars and felt special on a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just ehMarciDined on 10/23/2013The bread and oil dipping bowl are fantastic but the rest of the food was mediocreSpecial Features:
- Consistently GreatspinalflexVIPDined on 10/22/2013I have to say that Joe's is consistently enjoyable. The staff are friendly and efficient, and the food is great. The menu frequently features new items and familiar favorites are always available.Special Features:
- good foodDianeMDined on 10/20/2013Always an interesting menu. Everything fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedChemistDined on 10/14/2013Whenever we dine here we are never disappointed. Our server was great! Food was delicious and very well prepared. Always try a new dish each time we dine and all are wonderful. Hard to recommend one over another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting as alwayseyesofbuddhaDined on 10/13/2013We always know what to expect at "Joe's". Love this place...Special Features:
- Love this place food is alwaysdollfaceVIPDined on 10/11/2013Love this place food is always good.... I always get the Ahi Tuna salad... Tuna portion was smaller then usual, service was a little slow this time was a little disappointed but all an all a great timeSpecial Features:
- WinesdaycherylDined on 10/9/2013We went for the Winesday special and were not disappointed. The grilled salmon with mango chutney was perfect with a great Chardonnay! Loved it would do it again.Special Features:
- Mediocrity at its finestbpriggeDined on 10/8/2013This is a middle of the road restaurant at middle of the road prices. The food is nothing to write home about and the service leaves something to be desired. Cooking at home is a better option.
- special eventsP1013Dined on 10/5/2013I love going here, especially for special events within the family. Octoberfest is brilliant with the fall brews and specialty menu. My family gets together for all our birthdays at NYAJ's at least 10 times a year. We have dined for Anniversaries, and they have great specials for the baseball and football seasons. Isn't that why they call it not your average joe's?? We feel like family, the food is diverse enough the pickiest of eaters to the gourmet diner. I'm salivating over it as I write this. Go for lunch or dinner and I can assure you that you will return over and over again as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food = *Entirely* Average =OxymoronBayDinerVIPDined on 10/5/2013New to the area and wanted to find a place in the neighborhood that could be a close go-to restaurant. Read a number of reviews, and gave it a try. Although my dining companion and I were both impressed with the attentive and upbeat service, both of our meals were simply bland, boring, and average in every respect - taste, presentation, etc. Because of the good service and other reviews, it's possible that the kitchen had an off-night, but it's hard, for example, to make jambalaya as tasteless as what was received. While I may return in the future for a second chance, it won't be anytime soon. Disappointed.
- Gotta go to Joe'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2013Not Your Average Joe's is a wonderful little place with a bright, yet warm ambiance. It's a great spot for all occasions. The service is always excellent and the entire staff makes each guest feel welcome. The delicious food, and fun variety of drinks, keeps me going back for more. I am always bringing satisfied first-timers to Not Your Average Joe's and I highly recommend that you try it next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealeyesofbuddhaDined on 10/4/2013My all time favorite restaurant has been Not Your Average Joe's for a very long time. I'm never disappointed. There's a uniqueness about Joe's and that's what makes it special.Special Features:
- The food wasn't as good asCheryllVIPDined on 10/2/2013The food wasn't as good as it use to be. Not sure what changes have been made, but I was disappointed.
- Food was good. I got the chickendorenaDined on 9/28/2013Food was good. I got the chicken pumpkin special it was ok - small amount of chicken . It was just grilled chicken with some side sauce not what I was expecting. Hubby got meatloaf good. Son had chicken bbq pizza he enjoyed it. My daughter got crusted chicken enjoyed hers very much and a friend got blue burger he enjoyed his as well. I also got special sangria it was very good. Been multiple times first time used call ahead via web loved that very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a movieKathyDined on 9/28/2013I had the Turkey Kabobs with orzo - delicious! Our server was outstanding. We let her know when we sat down that we were trying to get to a 7:30 movie. We were out the door in plenty of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.