Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
16 Mazzeo Drive
Randolph, MA 02368Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 7819617200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ed Biliki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Not Your Average Joe's Randolph reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (42)great for lunch (40)kid-friendly (32)special occasion (24)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (8)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)romantic (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Food was good like always,dollfaceVIPDined on 3/11/2014Food was good like always, waitress was good as well little slow at times but she looked like she was new... over all good time... Just wish they would bring back the Apple sticks they had on the menu for dessert. we only order dessert there when they have them
- Dinner At "Joe's"CheryllVIPDined on 3/8/2014Sorry, this time my food was just OK. My husbands french fries were luke-warm at best (and somewhat limpy) and my green beans were the same. :(Special Features:
- Looking for Gluten Free?BeKelzVIPDined on 3/8/2014My wife tries to eat gluten free and Joe's is the best we've found. When we sat down they bring bread with spiced olive oil, they have gluten free available that is delicious. The gluten free menu has about 10 choices and not just the same old same old and not regular menu items modified We will keep coming back. Wait staff and manager grab food as soon as its ready and deliver it hot all at once, not one at a timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is delicious!KathyFDined on 3/3/2014We had dinner last night at Not Your Average Joe's in Randolph. The appetizer of Thai Lettuce Leaves was excellent! They give you three large portions which could be a meal in itself. I had the mustard-crusted chicken - out of this world. My friend had the lamb special and the lamb was cooked to perfection. We were too full for dessert but the offerings looked yummy. Our waiter was very attentive. We will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Seasonable Foodskiki1260Dined on 2/28/2014Who wants to go out to dinner and pay for food that has been frozen and microwaved. Not me. Thats why i love Joe's I always get freshly made, great tasting food in a clean friendly envoirment. And the wine list is a huge bonus. I can actually get a glass of decent wine, and sometimes disover a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another good onemeglDined on 2/27/2014I am a frequent patron of NYAJs. This last experience we went for a late dinner and drinks. As always the food was excellent. Our server was extremely friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place and alwaysdoonesDined on 2/26/2014We love this place and always recommend it to friends and family. Went for the winesday for first time. Great price and will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT!!dannyVIPDined on 2/23/2014Been out of town for a bit...Really love the changing specials,great staff best place in area Keep up the great workSpecial Features:
- Average Joe's2dinersVIPDined on 2/23/2014This has become your typical family friendly quick service restaurant with average food and service.
- good for a big groupsweetpotatoDined on 2/23/2014We made a reservation for lunch for a party of eight on a Sunday. It was a good venue for a big party and the menu has enough variety to supply something for everyone, including vegetarians. Our waiter, Josh, was cheerful and handled the big party gracefully. Low lighting was a problem for one of the senior members of our group, but the seating was comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatAlanDined on 2/17/2014You can always count on NYAJ for a good meal and good service. It's a lively place with an interesting menu and a decent wine list.Special Features:
- I took my wife there for valentine'Mullett84Dined on 2/14/2014I took my wife there for valentine's day. Our waiter was name Mario. He was very good. When it was time to oder dinner I had a question between the cod or the chicken and he was very knowledge of the food. I took his advice and chose the chicken. For being busy the food didn't take long to come it. I was very pleased with everything and I'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect valentine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We go to Joe's every year for Valentine's Day. They have great food, great specials, including great wine bottle specials, and exceptional service. They always do something special for their guests. While people were waiting for a table, they brought around a freshly baked pizza treat to snack on! And after dinner, they gave us a big chocolate covered pretzel with our check. One year they gave out roses to the ladies. There's always some nice touch added to the experience. Definely make a reservation if going on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorite eateriesDCurrierDined on 2/14/2014MAYAns has been a favorite for many years, the Randolph location especially. I have never had a bad meal or bad service. Servers are friendly and very knowledgeable with regard to drink options and menu choices. If we don't make reservations, we usually enjoy sitting in the bar , it is less crowded and the noise level is much lower.Special Features:
- Always good; however, hadMarcia24VIPDined on 2/14/2014Always good; however, had Open Table reservation and was directed to tiny little table which I immediately asked for a booth: especially at 5:30 pm; there were couple open so advise NJAJ to assume a reservation means a booth not a tiny table for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Valentines DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful dinner, we ordered the same dinner for the first time,my chicken was a little fatty, so the manager replaced it with a better piece and it was wonderful. I had encouraged my husband to choose the same dinner because they always do a great job, I was disappointed with mine but the fix was taken care of right away and we both enjoyed. The waiter was great, and attentive. We ordered dessert, but they got busy and forgot, so we didn't have it. But it was fine, I overall had a nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I freguent this restaurantlovetoeatoutDined on 2/8/2014I freguent this restaurant often - their food is fantastic - i ordered "steak frites" which is a new addition to their menu - they came out perfect and were so tender and delish - waiter was outstanding and so friendly and accommodating - sat down right when reservation was made - clam chowder always my fav - had a great meal!I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food-good presentationherbDined on 2/8/2014excellent food-good presentation and great service.Special Features:
- Pitchers of Margaritas!!BeantowngalDined on 2/8/2014Went with a group of 12 friends...server was very attentive especially with our continual need for refreshing cocktails! Everyone enjoyed their meals as well. Ended up ordering pitchers of margaritas and sangria. Skipped dessert but everything was great. Looking forward to going back! Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love nyajMammacassDined on 2/8/2014NYAJ doesn't disappoint. We go here frequently - or as frequently as a family with an 18 month old dines out. The food is good, prices reasonable. Very kid friendly, especially at lunchtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good as was service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014Food was good as was service. The only thing was that the server was clearing plates just as we finished our food. We felt slightly rushed but we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely busyMomandDadDined on 2/1/2014Although it was busy and despite a reservation we ended up waiting 35 minutes, it was handled well an we enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:
- Went for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014I received a coupon for a free entrée and dessert for my birthday. I made a reservation which turned out great because there was a 1 1/2 hour wait. Then the waiter was so pleasant and energetic it was cute. I opened my silverware to find the fork still had food on it which turned my stomach. I wouldn't expect that from Not Your Average Joe's. I know things happen but the person wrapping the silverware had to have seen the food on the fork. I then called the manager over and told him what happened and he was very apologetic and told the waiter to take care of me. The waiter gave me back my coupon for the free entrée and dessert and said we hope you will come back to use your coupon. of Thank you again. Ann MarieSpecial Features:
- Unique food options for aAverageJoeDined on 1/30/2014Unique food options for a chain style restaurant. Food and service was good as always. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not badJenibbyDined on 1/25/2014Food was good, service was good, but kinda slow. They were very busy and although we had a reservation we still waited over 20 minutes for a table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bummerNotsoimpressedDined on 1/25/2014Me and my three adult children took my husband for dinner for his birthday and his food order was forgotten Very sisappointing
- Great foodWeekenddinerDined on 1/24/2014Food is unique and delicious. Always pleasantly surprised at how great simple foods can be made so delicious. Always an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- veggie burgert a little onresrvationsVIPDined on 1/18/2014veggie burgert a little on the dry side; service was slow thinking that there wasn't enough staffing as lunch in spite of snow storm was busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dependablewsoupDined on 1/17/2014I've always liked this restaurant. I'm glad it's still around and doing well. Our server was terrific. He was very friendly and hospitable. I always order the same thing, and I enjoyed it again the last time I was there. The new version of the brownie/cake & vanilla ice cream dessert is delicious! This restaurant always puts me in a good. It's affordable and reliable food.Special Features:
- Reliably good and a bargain too!TrixieDined on 1/15/2014Joe's always does right by me. A special bonus was the Wednesday night two entrees and a bottle of wine for 39.99. I had the salmon that was cooked perfectly, and my friend had the steak tips which she thoroughly enjoyed. Reservations were ON TIME! and the service was great. No rushing drink onto dinner. Enjoyed it immensely.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualJenRDined on 1/4/2014We rarely have an unpleasant experience at NYAJ. Good food, good service, very reasonable prices. What more can I say?Special Features:
- Great as usualBrownEyedGirlVIPDined on 1/4/2014Love the monthly, seasonal specials; lamb meatball app was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingClassrDined on 1/1/2014When we go for Lunch on a weekend, the time tends to be between 2-4:00 so we really order more "dinner ish" food. I truly hate sandwiches. The special chicken dish was not being served until 4:00 and it was only 3. I was just going to have a cup of chowder if the chef could not make the chicken for me. Well, he made the chicken (delish) and I cancelled the chowder. MMM It was worth asking for the accommodation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve dinner!lnm13Dined on 12/31/2013Not Your Average Joe's for our New Year's Eve dinner was excellent! (a great choice all the time) The food was delicious and a bit creative/different which we all enjoy in our meals 'out'. Our waiter was cheerful and efficient. The meals are reasonably priced though not inexpensive. We really enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic menu, reasonable pricesLindaMcDined on 12/31/2013We eat here fairly regularly, as it's a cut above the other local chains with equivalent pricing. The very good news is that NYAJ's takes reservations and does call ahead seating as they get VERY busy at peak hours and wait times can approach the 60 minute mark. Some of their dishes include unusual spices and don't appeal to every palate, so if you're the "just a little salt and pepper, please" kind of diner, steer clear of the Asian-inspired dishes.(as well as the lamb meatballs . . .) unless you're feeling particularly adventuresome. Bread is tasty and fresh (as in made on the premises), and the dipping oil mix is very tasty (and mixed at your table). Tasty indeed!Special Features:
- Great casual diningDaisyDined on 12/26/2013Not your Average Joe's is always our choice for a great meal at a good price. Service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYAJ consistently goodAFairportFanDined on 12/22/2013The food at Not Your Average Joe's is great--I have never had a bad meal at either the Randolph or Dartmouth locations. On a recent cold, rainy evening, the Mustard-Crusted Chicken with green beans and garlic mashed potatoes was perfect comfort food. My dining companion had Harvest Mac 'n Cheese, a unique and delicious take on that classic dish (roasted butternut squash, marinated chicken thigh, baby spinach and curly cavatappi noodles, baked in a creamy cheddar and smoked mozzarella sauce, topped with asiago bread crumbs). Although the noise level can be a bit too loud at "prime time", the food and excellent service more than makes up for it. Overall, NYAJ is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food consistently good; cateredMarcia24VIPDined on 12/21/2013Food consistently good; catered to my low sodium request. Waitress missed one item I ordered so almost half done with meal until it arrived...Special Features:
- great as alwaysdianeVIPDined on 12/19/2013We dined a late lunch for the last day of school and winter break, Mia was so nice! We have been eating here for years and I've never had the pleasure of Mia being our Server. She was so kind, sincere and sweat. Mia is our new favorite Server, we'll see you all again soon. Great service always, makes up for any flaws, pass on the Lamb meatballs, so much spices, can't taste any meat, they might as well have been (spice balls), everything else, yummy, tuna wontons, salad, and Quesadilla perfect!:)Special Features:
- Not a fan of this locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2013I always go to nyaj in beverly or Burlington. But this location was terrible. The wait staff sat around earring in the back. Our waitress was of but didn't go out of her way for anything.