Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
111 Pond Street
Norwell, MA 02061Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 7816166160x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
We will be closing at 4 pm Christmas Eve, closed on Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tenner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell - Best Restaurants in Norwell ›
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (34)good for groups (34)great for lunch (32)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)romantic (2)Show More
- great Valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We had a great meal and great service for Valentines day. The staff was super busy but no one missed a beat! Even though the restaurant was crazy busy we still felt important and taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love going here and wentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014We love going here and went for valentines day like we do every year and per usual the food was great, our waiter was attentive and we enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnercdonzDined on 2/14/2014food was great as usual. service was quick and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good as Legal SeafoodJuanDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I love fresh fish. We made a Valentine's Day reservation at NYAJ's in Norwell, MA. We went there looking for a great meal and a chance to share the day with a room full of red themed diners. We found all that, but the special menu surprised us, especially the haddock, crab cake and veggie "tryst" entree. The seafood was the equal of Legal Seafoods. Add a beet salad and a Thai chicken lettuce wrap for an ap plus wine and you have what we had…a seductive, delicious dining experience. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to NYAJ for an earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014We went to NYAJ for an early valentines dinner. The lamb chops my wife ordered were completely covered with a mint sauce. Way too much. Our waitress was not attentive. Due to the weather it was a slow night and she just appeared to want to leave early. We have been to this restaurant many times and were definitely disappointed this time.Special Features:
- Good food, fantastic serviceSluggosixtyfiveVIPDined on 2/4/2014our waitress couldn't have been more friendly, helpful or personable. the food is solid "american" food... burgers, calamari, with some interesting takes on things, and of course the meatloaf. And the bread and oil that's so good and addictive everyone calls it "crack bread"Special Features:
- Excellent waitress , reservationLJPRDined on 2/1/2014Excellent waitress , reservation at 6:00 sat right down. Enjoyable evening. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Norwell Joe's comes though again!JimGDined on 1/25/2014I had the Rosemary Scallops which were delicious and I really liked the couscous/ squash/bacon succotash it came with. Wife tried the chicken piccata over linguine which was very good. Service was prompt and unintrusive, think his name was Nick. Due to circumstance beyond our control we ended up a 1/2 hour late. I did call at 6:30 to let them know we were running behind. Much to my surprise, when we got there the restaurant was totally full and there was a line out the door. We got to the hostess and told her we had arrived and were escorted immediately to a booth (the only open table) in the back of the dining room. It happened so fast I felt guilty walking past all the people who were waiting for a table. Open Table rules!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What reservation?Paul28Dined on 1/24/2014I made a reservation early in the day for my wife's birthday, I even requested a specific location that I knew she would like. I received a confirmation email that said we were all set. When we arrived they claimed they didn't know anything about our reservation and there was a long wait. The manager did find us a table soon after I explained the situation. It wasn't the table we requested but it was OK. After all that, The rest of the experience was all good. The service and the food was very good. The manager even gave us a free appetizer for our trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!EdconsultVIPDined on 1/22/2014Love this place! Our go-to restaurant locally! The service is the best-- !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/18/2014We had to wait almost twenty minutes for our table, and although the staff was apologetic, it was not clear that reservations were being honored ahead of the large crowd waiting. Steak frites, which I had enjoyed here previously, was very fatty with little flavor this time. Other entrees were ok, not great. Appetizers, ahi tuna won tons, and buffalo chicken tenders were more tasty and more enjoyable.
- Decent encounterCherrandDined on 1/18/2014Made reservation and special seating request was accommodated. Had to ask waitress for a h2o with lemon wedge...3times...wasn't delivered until mid meal. Everyone else had drinks served promptly. Restaurant looks appealing but acoustics are poor. Other than water non delivery.. Service was adequate and pretty prompt. Waitress did not expand on menu as I would have liked but did what was in her abilities. Food was surprisingly good however portions on small side vs price. Chix pot pie ... Chix tough but whole dish very tasty. And a little all. Cod is excellent...again... Very small portion. Prob won't visit again with a party of 6 hungry people.. Maybe for light lunch for 1 or 2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suggestionpeggimacDined on 1/15/2014Their Winesday offer has become so popular they are full to capacity. I think they may need to add some servers. We waited about 10 minutes after being seated without seeing our server that another server was assigned to our table. After that, smooth sailing.... Great meal!I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always good!MarilynDined on 1/11/2014I've never had a bad meal at Not Your Average Joe's. The food is always outstanding...hot, flavorful, plentiful, and GOOD! You get a lot of bang for the buck. The service is great, the people are friendly. All in all, this is one darned good restaurant. One of my favorites.Special Features:
- great foodrobotDined on 1/5/2014great food at a good price. seasonal menu always has some great stuff on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I came in withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2014My wife and I came in with our son. We were just looking for a simple night out of the house. Server (Peter) was perfect, helpful but not obtrusive, and the food was great. It was just what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably fineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I know I can always stop into Joe's for a good meal. I've always been happy with the food, and the atmosphere is comfortable. Thankfully, the piped in music is not too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Entrees But Great ServiceBlondie74Dined on 12/31/2013Food was not worth going out for. My add on house salad was old and limp, the dressing tasteless. The cod was barely cooked and barely warm. The service was terrific and we got our entrees quick...oh well.
- Enjoyable nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The food was excellent the atmosphere was relaxing but the noise level was loud and difficult to have conversation at times. The resturant has a fabulous variety and the peanut butter dessert was delicious!Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceChrisDined on 12/31/2013Our server, Jamie, was very attentive and friendly. We have been to the Norwell location many times and find that all of the servers are very good Our food was very good as well and meats cooked as requested. We have recommended Not Your Average Joe's to many people and will continue to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic food choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013Combination of multiple ethnic foods while slipping in comfort foods like meatloafSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazinglanna429Dined on 12/21/2013Great restaurant. Amazing food. Great staff. Friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!RedSquirrel80Dined on 12/21/2013Not Your Average Joe's has always had a diverse and unique menu. My mother and I dine every year on our birthdays (which are two days apart) and NYAJ's always honours both of our free meal and dessert birthday vouchers; and every year - without fail - we have an amazing server with a bright, cheery demeanour. My mother and I always order extras and leave a 50% tip because the servers at NYAJ's deserve it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!DavidDined on 12/20/2013Fantastic food and service could not have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeGoodeatsDined on 12/20/2013Was going to the Company Theatre and was happy to discover there was a 15 percent discount at your restaurant. Kids loved it and we had a wonderful family night. Thanks, Ed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Company theater... Visit./ xmasCarolinae09Dined on 12/19/2013My bday was recently... They took the time to make me feel special! Thanks to Renee, Ilia, and every one!! Thank u all! Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointing this timeFuparentDined on 12/19/2013We've been fans of NYAJ for years - long before the Norwell location opened. This visit was a little bit disappointing. The menu seems pared down and what is there remains unchanged/un-updated for years. I used to think that the menu was pretty imaginative, but it felt a little stale this time. Service was ok, but a bit awkward. Can't really describe why... it was just a bit off. Food came out hot and was tasty, and we always love the garlic//parmesan/olive oil and bread. No major criticisms, just a little less excitement in the menu than we had come to expect. Overall, generally a safe choice for families with varied palates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday WinesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013just happen to be there on a Wednesday and their Winesday special was great. recommended to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local go-toEdconsultVIPDined on 12/18/2013Ate at the Norwell NYAJ twice this week and both were great. The first time was for business -- the place was standing room only but our table was ready with a wonderful waitress named Nikkia (sp?) The scallops were delicious and came as ordered with double veggies and no starch. The next time was with my husband and a friend and we had Morgan as our waitress, who was also wonderful! The braised duck and the holiday beet salad were yummy and also accommodated my no-carb diet! Love this place and we go fairly often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale food fast!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2013I love the variety of food choices and it is always served quicklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night !!SuzyTDined on 12/13/2013After a difficult work week you need a place with friendly people who actually are pleased to see you. This is it, good comfy food , great pours and happy staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceWeymouthDined on 12/12/2013I'm never disappointed when we go to Not Your Average Joe's. The staff is friendly and the food is great. You will be happy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerAuntBarbiDined on 12/8/2013We always enjoy dining at Not Your Average Joe's in Norwell. My birthday dinner was perfect. It is such a pleasure to be served food that is well prepared and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always make reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2013We always make reservations and never have to wait. Always enjoy our meal. It's our adult kids favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good pickScottRosenthalVIPDined on 12/3/2013Not Your Average Joe's is always a great pick. A fairly local chain with good consistency. The menu changes up every now and then. And mmmmmmm that bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious.MrsMarpleousDined on 12/2/2013Our dinner was lovely. Drinks, food and service was excellent. The manager visits each table to check in. My husband loved his dinner and happened to say that his chicken was a bit dry and the manager offered to get him new chicken. We refused as the dish was fine but at the end the manager gave us both complimentary dessert! Amazing.Special Features:
- Beet salad was HEAVEN!SomerledDined on 12/1/2013We have eaten here many times and have always been very happy with the food. This time they had a new roasted beet salad with oranges and blue cheese which was fabulous! It was like eating dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasurable Dining ExperienceDrMikeDined on 11/27/2013It is always a pleasure to dine at this restaurant. Good food, good value, good atmosphere and wonderful friendly waiters and waitressesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has never let usJimGDined on 11/27/2013This place has never let us down. My jambalaya was excellent. Large portion and lots of meats. It is a bit spicy so if you don't like hot may want to see if they can cool it a bit. Wife had mustard crusted chicken which is always good. Service was excellent. Same gentlemen we had on our last visit. He has great timing and very friendly without being obtrusive. I got the feeling he has worked in some upscale restaurants in the past. Open table works great here and I got the booth I requested without having to ask when I got there.Special Features:
- Good for a casual dinnerCarolVIPDined on 11/20/2013Wine Wednesdays are a good deal with 2 entrees and a bottle of wine for $39.99. Service and food were good and we would return.I would recommend this to a friend.