Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
111 Pond Street
Norwell, MA 02061Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 7816166160x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
We will be closing at 4 pm Christmas Eve, closed on Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tenner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell - Best Restaurants in Norwell ›
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (34)good for groups (33)great for lunch (32)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (14)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Mother's Day at NYAJPintzieDined on 5/11/2014Food was good, able to order off and on the special menu for Mother's Day. A little loud so difficult for my mother to hear as she has a hearing problem to begin with. Service was great. Reasonably priced. Great seat except for post in the way for waitress and hard to get out to go to the ladies room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit DissapointedRMacDined on 5/10/2014As an occasional dinner at the Norwell Not Your Average Joes, I've generally had pretty good experiences here but this past visit was a bit disappointing. Ordered the Steak Tips with Mashed potatoes and Green beans. The steak tips, while a bit tough, were cooked well and flavorful but my real issue was with the two side dishes. The mashed potatoes were dry and warm at best. The green beans were pretty raw. As I mentioned, this is the first time I've not had a good experience here so it could have been an anomaly.
- Great menu terrible waiterPirch13Dined on 5/10/2014We frequent Joe's. Usually the Randolph location, which is fantastic, but this time tried norwell. We found the food consistent(very good) but the portions a bit smaller (steak tips). However the service was horrible. Our waiter was clueless - to the point that it ruined a meal. He messed up everything - from bringing bread, to our drink orders, to having to be asked multiple times to do the same thing. Other waitstaff there were pitching in and helping, but he was so bad they couldn't cover for him. Food came out cold and was brought by somone else. He was not busy - always walking around talking to other people (esp the hostess). Usually a great place to go so hope they fix that particular problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodbettyVIPDined on 5/4/2014Have never had a bad experience at NYAJ Norwell. Food is consistently good. Service always very good. I enjoyed an entree of hangar steak wedge. Consisted of hangar steak and a lettuce wedge salad. Very good. Steak cooked medium as ordered. Very flavorful. Love lettuce wedge salad. My only recommendation would have been a little more dressing on the lettuce wedge. It was a tad on the dry side but still very good. My dining companion also selected an entree from the specials menu. It was a canneloni and chicken dish. Flavorful. Canneloni slightly overcooked but still very good. One thing we love about NYAJ is the creativity that goes into the creation of entrees.Special Features:
- No Wait timeAba91Dined on 5/3/2014Using the OpenTable online reservations saved us at least 1 hour of wait time. When we got to the restaurant, it was packed and people waiting outside.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceDavidDined on 4/29/2014Dined on a particularly busy night due to theater traffic before the play. Even so service was quick, food was hot, and a friendly atmosphere. Would definitely recommend and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, as alwaysJenRDined on 4/26/2014Love NYAJ. Family-friendly, but still with some unusual, yummy options for food. And affordable, to boot.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteShirleyrDined on 4/26/2014This is our restaurant of choice for birthday celebrations and pre-theatre dinners as well as spur-of the moment dining. Creative menu, delicious food and good service.Special Features:
- Great food...JebBrockton02302Dined on 4/24/2014Very good food, somewhat different than most restaurants but very interesting. Every time we go there we find somthing different and I like that because I get tired of the "Same old, same old."Special Features:
- Great PlaceNinaDined on 4/22/2014My friends and I love this place. Good food, good beer/wine list, tons of different specials, and the ambiance is always great. We love the bar side, just wish it were bigger so we could always sit there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing this timefoodieVIPDined on 4/21/2014have been a fan of NYAJ's and generally have great food - not this time. probably a fluke, but items we ordered were missing ingredients or simply not prepared well. would go back again based on past experiences, but this visit did not live up to their standard
- Great Service / Innovative DishesGottaGetAwayDined on 4/20/2014We are regulars here (2-3 times/month) and for several. The staff is second to none and probably the main reason we go to Not Your Average Joe's in Norwell. We love all of the specials that the change out quite often. For Easter I had the Saffron Salmon sitting on a great Crab Cake. My mother had Steak Tips that were cooked perfectly. We always come for great bread with oil, cheese, hot pepper, garlic, etc. mixture. It is just wonderful. We are so glad we go because the staff is just so attentive and friendly. If you have room, get a dessert. You won't be sorry and they offer regularly changed out specials there as well. Do not pass up their regular desserts, either, because they are worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealFoodie123Dined on 4/20/2014The salmon was done perfectly, crisp on outside and well done on inside, excellent flavors. We always appreciate the care and quality given to these entrees, keep up the good work and we hope to be back many times! Service is friendly and efficient - also appreciated. One suggestion is to keep the music selection mellow for a relaxing dining experience, not too loud, especially on Sunday mornings. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/19/2014Great service. Our waitress was lovely. The food was delicious. So many great dishes to choose from.
- Great anniversary dinner.awattsDined on 4/19/2014The server was great. He was prompt and yet not overly annoying. We went on a Saturday afternoon and the restaurant wasn't busy so it was nice to have a server be at the table when needed but not all over us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialAboutTownDined on 4/17/2014I always enjoy a meal at Not Your Average Joe's, but on this occasion the place was a mad house. The food seemed hastily prepared and came out at different times for my party. And, it wasn't as good as usual. I'll give them another try in the future, but this is not the place for you if you want a quiet dinner.Special Features:
- Good food, good service. ItSketchyDined on 4/11/2014Good food, good service. It took a while to get the check and we were in a hurry to get to our show. The service was very good except the check.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bash for daughter & motherJegrDined on 4/6/2014Excellent service. Seating was immediate. Quiet when we first arrived but became crowded shortly thereafter. Kids got their drinks quickly along with bread reorder. Food was delivered after a reasonable wait. It was hot and plentiful. Kids all had desserts and they were delivered promptly. I was happy we chose Average Joe's to celebrate the birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to spotP02673Dined on 4/4/2014We decided on your rstuarant for its dinne options and kids menu (happy medium). The food was good, but not exceptional. I was disappointed that you didn't offer broccoli, the only vegetable my son will eat. Service was slow, due to the busy night, but our server was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above Average Joe'sLightman9Dined on 4/4/2014A Friday night, I knew I'd need reservations. I was able to reserve a table and upon arrival was immediatly - and I mean we were immediatly - seated! Our server was personable and very helpfull, explaining the specials. And for those who are wheat free or have glutin issues, NYAJ has a seperate menu. The food arrived quickly and was cooked perfectly. We both enjoyed our entrees and even had room to split a desert. All in all, a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time. GoodHeatherDined on 4/3/2014We had a great time. Good drinks, good food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat Gluten FreeRussfitzDined on 3/28/2014We have been to Not Your Average Joes about 5 or 6 times, we have never been let down, my wife has Celiacs and there menu is great, but they also take allergies very seriously, the manager has to serve it. We were with someone that has a shellfish allergy and they also took that very serious. I love that the menu changes. The service is always great. We have also been to the Randolph one and we do not like it as well (so different) so this review is just the Norwell location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food + personnel = the bestbobrussDined on 3/26/2014The food here is always amazing. The nice thing is the chef is always willing to honor requests for modifications to virtually any entree. The service is even better if that is possible. On our latest visit it was the NYAJ "wine Wednesday", so quite busy, but Julie S.was most efficient and so friendly with us and all of her tables. She learned it was my b-day and surprised me by literally gathering up every server to sing "Happy Birthday" with a candle in my molten cake. Hostess and other staff all go out of their way to greet customers and are genuinely friendly. My wife and I love NYAJs, especially Norwell, MA!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really impressedRoughthisDined on 3/26/2014We had a great meal and loved the atmosphere. Our server (forgot his name, but had just moved here from Arizona) was great! He was very polite And attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Joe'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2014Service is always great. Not your Average Joe's Has very good food and the only "chain" restaurant I will ever eat at as the four is fresh and locally Sourced when possible. They have great monthly specials Based on seasonal fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014I can't say enough about our server Derek. He was wonderful! Lots of personality and very attentive to us. My boyfriend and I don't get a chance to spend as much time together as we'd like due to busy schedules ... So when we do get the chance we hope to have a great experience. We certainly did ... The meal was delicious and the service was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent attention for food allergOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2014We had 2 food allergies in our party. One was for gluten, the other was multiple: Soy, Nightshades, Composites, stone fruits, berries, flounder, preservatives and sulphites. Our server Peter made us feel very welcome. He gave our concerns to Chef Leo, came to our table to discuss what he could make. He produced a fabulous dinner of baked scallops with rosemary, steamed asparagus, broccoli and roasted corn for the multiple allergy, and a shrimp jambalaya for the gluten free. Everyone enjoyed their dinners. We will definitely be back. They took all our worries away. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing customer service!EdconsultVIPDined on 3/19/2014This restaurant never disappoints by going a step further than one would expect with its customer service. The staff, led by manager Leo, is beyond attentive to ensure not only a returning customer but one who will spread the word to friends and family. Both the manager and assistant manager go from table to table making sure all is well. This is definitely our neighborhood go-to and will continue to be !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for St. Patricks Day DinnerHungryDinerDined on 3/17/2014We went because they advertised they would have St. Patrick's Day boiled dinner, but when we got there, they told us they didn't have the real thing -- no cabbage. The waiter tried to offer alternatives, but St. Patty's comes once a year, and that is the only time I eat this dinner. We decided to leave and try someplace else. The waiter harangued my wife for a while when she tried to leave, even somewhat blocking her way. Not Your Average Joes lost a lot of points in my book Monday night.
- Can't go wrong with this sweet spotTessDined on 3/17/2014Friendly wait staff. Great menu and food choices. Always a good place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very busy, but worth itKim1Dined on 3/14/2014try to go at off peak times because it gets very busy and the kitchen is really slow when its busy but its worth the wait if you have time.Special Features:
- Food was FAIR, Service wasdaytripping2Dined on 3/11/2014Food was FAIR, Service was POOR, waited for everything way too long, even the check. Noise level was TOO LOUD ! (that's NOT "energetic"!Special Features:
- Ordered three Cobb salad entrees.BarrDined on 3/9/2014Ordered three Cobb salad entrees. Lettuce was iceberg only not what said in menu then none came with avocado and when waiter came over he said oh kitchen must be out of it I will check. He then blamed it on kitchen. Salads were very disappointing. Waiter did give free dessert. I do not blame waiter but kitchen.
- Back Againliv2eatVIPDined on 3/9/2014I have been to this restaurant many times. The food and service are consistently good. The regularly changing menu adds variety to the usual choices. The soups, salads and veggie spring rolls served with a spicy peanut satay are some of our favorites.
- Nice for BirthdaySMARTYDined on 3/2/2014Brought our Daughter out for her birthday. Waitress was very attentive and nice. Food was about a four out of five. Free dessert for the birthday girl!!Special Features:
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Reservation made early Sat morning, arrived and seated on time! Yeah!Special Features:
- As always, A Perfect mealRyanKDined on 3/1/2014I have been going to NYAJ since they opened their first restaurant in Dartmouth , I have NEVER had a bad meal and the menu is always great. I recommend this to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is a little pricy forDanaDined on 2/24/2014Food is a little pricy for what you get. Most entrees are overpriced by about $3. Draught beer is excellent but is plain expensive. Pistachio pizza was disapointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service LackingMbshDined on 2/22/2014After a sub-par experience several years ago kept us from NYAJ, we decided it was time to give it another try. It was very busy - but we were seated within minutes of our reservation - good start. We then sat for 15 minutes while our waiter attended to tables right next to us without acknowledging us at all. During the course of our meal, dirty plates and glasses were not removed. We ended up lining them up at the end of the table - he did then remove some of them but never returned to get the rest. The meal was good but overshadowed by the annoyance of a nice but not very capable server.
- GreatTerriSchDined on 2/20/2014We went fir my husbands birthday and good and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.