Cipriani - Wall Street
55 Wall Street
New York, NY 10015Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cipriani - Wall Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cipriani.com/en/services/restaurants/cipriani-club-55
- Phone: 2126994096x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (212) 699 4096x
A word from Cipriani - Wall Street
Cipriani Wall Street at 55 Wall between William and Hanover Street. The restaurant dishes up Italian classic dishes as well as specialty cuisine. Some highlights on the menu include the beef carpaccio alla Cipriani, the homemade lightly baked tagliolini with ham, the bellini (a drink of prosecco and white peaches) and crepes ala crema.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cipriani - Wall Street reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (35)great for lunch (32)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (24)scenic view (18)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (11)hot spot (11)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The space was unusually smallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2011The space was unusually small and plain, but the food was excellent. The service also lived up to Cipriani's standards. Notably, the food portions on the restaurant week menu were quite substantial - not tiny like some other restaurant week offerings.Special Features:
- SMOKING on TERRACE - DISAPPOINTING!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2011Food was average. But most disappointing was that guests were allowed to smoke in enclosed terrace area where diners were seated. Several people complained and even moved but the practice was not stopped.
- Amasing balcony heated andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2011Amasing balcony heated and covered but made you feel like you were outside. It was a bit confusing finding the resturant and we had to wait a while to be seated. Other than than it was a perfect evening.Special Features:
- They sat everyone outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2011They sat everyone outside where there was construction going on nearby so the noise level was a little ridiculous. I order from the restaurant week menu. I had the carrot soup; that was decent. Then I ordered the lemon and caper tilapia which was covered in a thick butter sauce. My boyfriend had the gnocchi and that was decent, but I would have expected better. For desert we ordered the ricotta cheese cake and tiramisu. Both tasted like it was from Entimens. I also was not pleased with the seating. Everyone was crammed into the outdoor seating and the indoor seating was completely vacant. I got stuck sitting by a lamp and other couples at least could sit closer to each other with candel light.
- I was at Cipriani for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2011I was at Cipriani for a business lunch meeting and found the place had the right kind of ambience and excellent food.Special Features:
- The waiting time was outrageous,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2011The waiting time was outrageous, one (1) hour to serve our entrèes.Special Features:
- Very DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2011I expected so much better from Cipriani's, the restaurant week menu had 3 choices for appetizer and for main courses. I decided on the Procsciutto with fresh Mozzarella what I got was thinly sliced deli ham and 2 skimpy peaces of Mozzarella. My main course (Roasted Chicken)was good but nothing special. The side dish was rice and it was nothing more than plain white rice that was too salty with no other seasoning and it was under cooked. My friend's fish was good but her rice was the same as mine. The service was not up to par as our waiter started off good but forgot about us as the dinner went on. Considering we were only 1 of 7 tables that night, it was upsetting to wait 20 minutes for a drink. The deserts were good.Special Features:
- One of my favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2011Great spot. Food is good. Dessert is exceptional. Service is impeccable. The location on Wall Street is great 90% of the time when there are no protesters, however, it can get noisy when they march by.Special Features:
- In some ways it was like re-enterinconversationalistVIPDined on 2/14/2011In some ways it was like re-entering the World of my parents who were diplomats in NYC in the early 1960s - the amazing color of the table cloths, the fascinating art work, attentive waiting staff, and the very good food. I was a little disappointed in the wine by the glass I had - but the presentation and ambience turned our working lunch into a moment of warm pleasure. The best of the past totally in the present!Special Features:
- The restaurant week menu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/11/2011The restaurant week menu was not very appetizing, and I think it was the same as last summer. We picked some dishes from the main list. The food is not great here, but the service is amazing. The side of artichokes is the notable exception, I am a great fan. Beautiful setting and a pleasant night always.Special Features:
- only okOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2011It was ok, I expected more. I really enjoyed the tuna tartare and the tagliatelle with lamb ragu.
- Overall, a good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/11/2011Overall, a good experience. My only comment is the spotty service. Delivery of appetizers was fine, but the entree nearly took 45 minutes.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/10/2011We decided to try Cipriani's during restaurant week and were very surprised to find that the regular prices weren't as expensive as we thought. Because of restaurant week we will be going back during the Spring/Summer to sit on the beautiful terrace. The food lived up to the hype.Special Features:
- Restaurant week, NOT Raving!GetMeOnTopVIPDined on 2/4/2011We went to Cipriani for Restaurant week, the selection was quite limited, 3 appetizers, 3 mains and one dessert. We were informed that one of the appetizers, the cra, was not even available and here was a shrimp substitution. I had the Talapia main which was good, but nothing special. My wife had the short ribs which she said was quite good. The service was not great, actually somewhat on the poor side. All in all it was quite a let down. Www live close by, but don't expect to be returning.
- Felt like a place in decadence...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2011Felt like a place in decadence... food average to poor, chairs stained, service not attentive... overall low experience and I would not come back....
- the worst restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2011the worst restaurant week menu (I went on 5 different places). It seems the chef didn't make any effort to create a good meal, unfortunatelly.
- Expected better. The CrabCrazyDiamondDined on 2/3/2011Expected better. The Crab Salad was okay. They ran out of the short ribs so I ended up with chicken in a brown mushroom gravy with rice and the cheesecake was dry. So overall a lot of hype but didn't live up to it.
- We were seated promptly andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2011We were seated promptly and the food was excellent. The atmosphere was pleasant. The only complaint was the service. We waited over an hour to get our check and had to remind the server multiple times to bring it.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedDisappointedDinerVIPDined on 2/2/2011I was disappointed all round for this restaurant. They put us in the library dining room, though I was aware that there was another more impressive dining room. The restaurant week lamb loin was tough and the moka cake was not memorable. The waiters took plates away without asking if we were finished with our dish.
- Will definitely go back forOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/2/2011Will definitely go back for lunch. Amazing seafood salad and lamb. Bellini's are the best here.Special Features:
- The Restaurant Week Menu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/2/2011The Restaurant Week Menu was superb. Excellent choices and adequate protions.Special Features:
- the food was just OK- theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2011the food was just OK- the restaurant week menu was kind of limiting. Last time I joined them for restaurant week I had my choice of desserts but this time was just served chocolate cake. My boyfriends mozzarella was a bit off from his primi course. The entree, we both had the ravioli, was good- a bit heavy but good. To be honest, we left hungry. Nice to say we went but wouldn't do go again...hich is sad because I live in the neighborhood and would like to have had it in our pocket as a special occasion option.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2011Cipriani was a wonderful experience with great food and service at moderate pricing. I would definitely recommend a visit!Special Features:
- I was very happy with theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2011I was very happy with the whole dinning experience at this restaurant. I went on the NYC Restaurant for lunch. They did not give you less for that 24 dollars menu. The captain from Venice is so friendly and professional. And the waiter is so friendly and attentive. Would go back again for sure.Special Features:
- Good food, but noisy environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2011Food and Service were very good!!!!!!! But, this is a very noisy restaurant (too crowded), and it's not easy to keep a long conversation going (if you would like to discuss something). This is also not a romantic restaurant. Good for Groups just to have fun.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointed! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2011Extremely disappointed! The room is classic, but too bright. It is a lunch restaurant at most. Food was extremely disappointing. Not one dish was appealing and/or tasty.
- The design and feel of theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2011The design and feel of the Cipriani's was very nice, if the service had been a lot better the experience would have been quite enjoyable. The food is never disappointing but in terms of ambiance, crowd and overall vibrancy- the West Broadway restaurant blows it out of the water
- Nice decor, slightly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2011Nice decor, slightly disappointed with the restaurant week offerings...
- I went to Cipriani duringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2011I went to Cipriani during Restaurant Week, which is about the only way this grad student could afford dining there. The starter of calamari and celery was very good, as was the desert of strawberry cheesecake. My only gripe was with the main course--my "medium salmon" was overcooked. I considered ordering it medium rare, but my server suggested I order it medium. The fried rice that accompanied it was unimaginative. I would have preferred a different starch. Portions were large though, and as a splurge, I ordered a peach bellini which was excellent.Special Features:
- Let me start off by sayingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2011Let me start off by saying we chose the restaurant week dinner menu. So, dinner started off lovely. The string bean and beet salad were delish! However, things took a turn for the worst when I ordered the lamb. I asked for medium and it came out pretty much well done. It was crispy on the outside and rough on the inside. However, they did cook my fiance's lamb to his liking. I will go back to Cipriani's but not for restaurant week. As my fiance stated, they probably gave us the "restaurant week cut." I must mention that service is outstanding. The waitstaff were very attentive and did not let my glass of water go half-empty. Bon appetit!
- Absolutely classy, but notOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/14/2011Absolutely classy, but not pretentious. Just excellent food and service in an understated and elegant surrounding.Special Features:
- Never been to the Cip's downtown.BuckyVIPDined on 12/20/2010Never been to the Cip's downtown. Wonderfully surprised. We all had a great time and will return as soon as possible.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2010Excellent dining experience. Would highly recommend.
- Took some clients to lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/2/2010Took some clients to lunch here on a weekday. It's definitely a "power lunch" spot for the financial, dark suit set but does not have attitude and, refreshingly, is not overly loud. They made us feel very welcome and cared for and the food was excellent. Only complaint is that service was a bit slow.Special Features:
- Overpriced for some seriouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/28/2010Overpriced for some seriously unimpressive, borderline food considering it's "Cipriani's". I was really stunned at how bad it was actually. The tables were too small and the service was below average. They don't even have a pastry chef (they brought out whole dessert cakes/tarts to show and had you choose one; they probably bought it from PAX! Plus they continued to use the same cakes/tarts to show AFTER they removed our slices!). There are too many good restaurants in NYC to blow your money on this place so DON'T GO!! What a disappointment. They should be ashamed of themselves.
- This brasnch of the CiprianistephenlieberVIPDined on 10/14/2010This brasnch of the Cipriani chain has a good menu of fairly standard fare, and continued to offer a bargain Restauarnt Week prix fixe menu (very limited choices) well after that event had ended. Service was attentive and efficient. My biggest complaints concern the air conditioning and an annoying disco ball: the A/C vents are directed down along the wall, just where all the tables were set up (the center of the floor was cleared for dancing to a DJ later that evening, which probably also accounts for the presence of the disco ball). They should have kept the lights off the disco ball at least until the music started, since it was quite annoying. I'm sure the noise level escalated to loud one the music began, but we left before then.Special Features: