14833 York Road
Sparks, MD 21152Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.miltoninn.com/
- Phone: 410 771 4366x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday -: 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 7:30pm
Sunday Brunch 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Boston
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: They offer customized menus, serving 30-1000 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Circa 1740 stone mansion available, customized menus for 10-150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Boston 4107714366x
- Special Events: The Milton Inn offers catering services on and off premise from intimate parties of 10 to grand tented events up to 300 guests. We will make your birthday,anniversary,corporate event, wedding or any other milestone perfect. Whether you choose one of our beautifully appointed dining rooms,a tented event on our manicured grounds, or venue of your choice;The Milton Inn will provide you with the excellent food,service,ambiance and attention to detail you expect from a Brian Boston property.
A word from Milton Inn
The Milton Inn, a 274 year old field-stone building in Northern Baltimore County,is counted among Maryland's historic treasures. It is believed that construction of the Inn began in 1740 and it has grown and changed over the years to become one of the premier country dining spots in the United States. The tradition of excellence has continued to grow under the current ownership Milton Fare Inc, who purchased the business in 1997. Executive Chef/Owner Brian Boston was named Chef of the Year by the Restaurant Association of Maryland in 2011.Chef Boston has also received many other awards including The Five Star Diamond Award by The Academy of Hospitality Sciences , The DiRoNA Award,and top ratings from Zagat. The Milton was named The Best restaurant in the Counties by The Baltimore Sun . Over the years , the Inn has engendered a legacy of romance and numerous couples have become engaged in its candlelit dining rooms and open air garden terrace. Many return year after year to celebrate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Milton Inn - Best Restaurants in Sparks ›
Milton Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (170)romantic (143)fit for foodies (86)notable wine list (78)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (34)great for lunch (33)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (19)scenic view (17)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Special OccassionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014We went to the Milton Inn for my birthday and it was just perfect. Our waiter was welcoming and friendly withour being too familiar. He actually made the evening for us. But the food!!! I had the trio: lobster, filet and veal scalopini...just so amazing. I love lobster but most around here is too expensive rubbery and not fresh. The filet cut like butter and the scallopini had a divine sauce. Highly reccommend a trip to Monkton for a dining experience that satisfies in all areas and makes a special occassion memorable!Special Features:
- Just DeliciousmykitchenisclosedVIPDined on 7/13/2014Had an outstanding delicious dinner! Would have been way too $$$ without coupon and it was most kind of them to honor an expired one. If ever to return, would request seating in alternate room with padded chairs. Wooden far too uncomfortable for a long, leisurely dinner. Fireplace would look better as is without candles. Great time.Special Features:
- Celebrate with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Wonderful seafood, a great anniversary celebration !! Our server was very helpful in suggesting dessert, a fabulous homemade torte...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Had a nice brunch with my fiancé. Portions were so big we had dinner the next evening with our leftovers. Service was excellent, food extremely fresh and tasty. Will be going back for lunch or dinner very soon!Special Features:
- 2dinersVIPDined on 7/12/2014It is always a pleasure to dine here. The service by Tom is flawless. The duck breast was a feast for the eyes and appetite. We are happy diners! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualicemanVIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I enjoyed an exceptional dinner at Milton Inn on July 12, 2014. We visit that restaurant four or five times a year, and always look forward to going there. It is a very relaxing place, with really great food and excellent service. Yes, it is somewhat pricey, but worth the cost to enjoy unusually interesting offering of food. We always find some reason (anniversary or birthday, etc.) to come to Milton Inn, and if there is no special reason, we come anyway. We know we will have a really good meal and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Best Fine dining in BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014The Milton Inn is our regular choice for special occasions. Our Anniversary, birthdays, and whatnot. The food is always prepared impeccably, and is a wonderful taste sensation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Dined there many times. Finally a Gluten Free Menu. Entree's have become smaller yet the prices have remained the same. Many better values out there.Special Features:
- Historic building in SparksfussydinerDined on 7/5/2014Nicely appointed rooms. Linen on the tables. Experienced wait staff. Good menu and wine list. We were seated when we arrived. The rooms filled with patrons as we got into the dinner rush and the service slowed down to an annoying level. Go to the Milton Inn for the history and ambiance and less for the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at the Milton InnceceDined on 7/1/2014The Milton Inn never disappoints - its a little pricey but worth it. We were seated in a small room behind the bar and it made for a very intimate evening. Didn't even know that room existed.Special Features:
- Milton Inn - Good to gomishima8Dined on 7/1/2014We have been here several times and each time we are very pleased with the food and the service. Our waiter was very attentive and took really good care of us. We thoroughly enjoyed our appetizer of seafood. The shrimp were large and fresh, the crab was delicate and sweet, the mussels were flavorful. The duck entree I had was perfectly cooked and my wife lobster was excellent.Special Features:
- The Milton is a Treasured DiamondVerneneVIPDined on 6/30/2014What a stable, precious gem, located in the scenic countryside. It never fails and seems to get better every time we dine there. It's big and beautiful, whilst warm and cheerful. The food is always a passion for the digestive system, presented with artistry, and served by the well-dressed servers, who own welcoming attitudes, mixed with professional aplomb. This is my favorite restaurant. It never fails. LOVE IT! By the way, I think the famous guest who was dining in the corner, also loves it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but not outstandingbosinniaDined on 6/30/2014I went to dinner with my sister and neither of us were overly impressed with the food, especially given the exorbitant prices. The atmosphere is classy and formal, and the service was very good. However, the high prices were not justified by the food quality. Thank goodness for Groupon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK and expensiveFairhighpriceDined on 6/30/2014This restaurant is expensive and the food is just OK. My Fillet was Luke warm and the crab cake was fishy and chewy. If you are planning on spending money for a great meal maybe you should consider others
- Lovely Setting. Good Food.DateNight4usDined on 6/29/2014The setting of the Milton Inn is spectacular. I love the 18th Century building and how they kept much of the old world style within the building. We started off with the soup. I had chicken noodle. Sounds simple but it was AMAZING! Best soup I have ever had! Wife had the maryland crab and it was good but not great. She wanted my soup!! We ordered the "Triangle" which had petite filet mignon, lobster tail, and a veal dish. My biggest complaint was that the vegetables were rather skimped on. Hardly any at all really. The steak was excellent and the veal was surprising as I had never had veal. And the lobster tail was as I would have expected a lobster tail to be. Nothing outstanding. I would recommend to them to carry selection of local winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark roomHungryVIPDined on 6/29/2014I made the mistake of not asking to be seated in one of the front rooms when making reservations. Unfortunately I was seated in an interior room which was too dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable experienceSusanvzDined on 6/29/2014My daughter-in-law and I took advantage of a Group On offer and were very happy with the food and service here. Some unusual selections are offered as well as old favorites. Everything was delicious and the wait staff was attentive without being overly familiar. Definitely a memorable experience and I would highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Good NightgoodnightDined on 6/28/2014Great food and drink but the close table setting and noisy neighbors took a little away from the evening. We will be back for sur!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truely enjoyable experienceMikeRDined on 6/28/2014Our standards are high and the Milton Inn exceeded our expectations. The experience was great, waiter was too. All I can say is get your wallet out AND GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarydinnerDined on 6/27/2014This was our first visit to Milton Inn. We were celebrating our 43rd anniversary. We were absolutely delighted. A wonderful experience and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2014Food was not to the level of a facility with high prices as found here. Service, ambiance, quiet were all top drawer.
- Superb ExperienceBetJefDined on 6/25/2014My husband and I had a kid-free night and decided to make it a special "date night" for us. We chose Milton Inn, as it was a restaurant neither one of us had ever been to but had always wanted to visit. It was a superb experience from the minute we walked through the front door until we left. The food was outstanding, and we appreciated the very attentive service. Thanks for a memorable meal and a terrific night greatly needed by two parents of three teenagers :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 6/25/2014consistent quality and service. Always a delight.Special Features:
- DonnaMVIPDined on 6/24/2014Consistently delicious food. On our most recent visit, our server, Mark was attentive, responsive, and had great recommendations. Always on the list of place that we gravitate towards.Special Features:
- If you have the money...Al824Dined on 6/23/2014If you have the money, this is a very nice place to spend it. The food and the service are outstanding. It is a bit of a ride into the country and I found it almost too quiet (although it was a Monday night), but for a true white linen experience this place did well for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceFoodie18VIPDined on 6/22/2014This is one of our favorite places to eat for special occasions. The food has always been delicious and the service is always excellent. My husband got the Bermuda triangle special and I had the Mahi Mahi. My husband would joke that even his burp tasted good after the meal! The food is a bit rich though and is on the pricey side. Sometimes you can get a groupon deal for this place which makes it a bit easier on the pockets.Special Features:
- Fancy & Expensive, But...DaynaMDined on 6/22/2014The Milton Inn screamed pretentious as soon as we walked in. The wait staff was excellent, but unfortunately the food did not live up to the hype. Started the night with the beet salad and the Cesar which were both good but no great. Also had the seared duck breast and pork chop. The pork chop was very good, but the duck was also mediocre. In all, I was unimpressed and it definitely was not worth the prices. Perhaps this is a place where it's only worthwhile ordering a $50 steal.Special Features:
- good, but not greatkeithcVIPDined on 6/21/2014The cream of crab had tons of sherry and not much crab or cream. The seafood andor was lacking risotto as I had to search to find it in the dish. Though there was plenty of seafood. The service was great, but the food was not exceptional as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too fast!BettyVIPDined on 6/20/2014We ordered drinks, appetizers, entrees and desserts and we were finished dinner in 1 hour. When you are prepared to pay these prices, you should be able to linger and enjoy. Entirely too rushed.
- Excellent but exorbitantBrianDined on 6/20/2014This is a very serious restaurant that takes itself very seriously. Pleasant, welcoming, willing to open my wine an hour ahead of the visit (selected from their online menu) although they did not decant it as I had requested. We arrived 30 min. early and were graciously received and placed in the bar area. Very comfortable, but when we were escorted to our table 20 min. later there were 5 other empty tables in the room, and only 3 others eventually were used.Food excellent, but outrageously priced, and quality not as breathtaking as the price. A good Groupon took the sting out. Wine list good and only 3 X retail.Still extortionate but not as bad as many in this area.Special Features:
- as great as everdavidVIPDined on 6/20/2014we went on a date night and were treated royally by owner and staff. we had a romantic table, a savvy [both food and wine]server and fabulously creative food you cannot find elsewhere. It's worth a few extra $$ forb such a wonderful overall experience. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Milton Inn had an off nightBillDined on 6/19/2014Usually good. Not tonight. Food only average. Steak tough and bland... Food came out cold for all four diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCDinersDined on 6/19/2014A fine dining experience, nice atmosphere, very good service, but questionable whether it is worth the high prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enduring FavoriteBaldwinDined on 6/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner. The cream of crab soup is full of crab & delicately delicious. The entrees were beautifully presented and excellent in quality and taste. Especially nice was our shared dessert; the plate had the words "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate with decoration of two small hearts. The service was helpful but unobstrusive but the server appeared to be genuinely happy to be there for us.Special Features:
- Pricey but GoodwesternfbDined on 6/16/2014Service was attentive and friendly. Didn't like that they seated us at a table right next to another couple when there were a least a couple of other tables available in the room that would have offered us some privacy. The couple next to us turned out to be fun to talk to. I tried two dishes: 1) Seafood Andor: Have had this before and liked it, again. The cream sauce (w. dill) is very rich and delicious. A glass of Chardonnay paired nicely with it. Price for the dish was thirty eight dollars. 2) Rack of Lamb: Very nice. The demi-glace, and sweet potato mousse worked well with the chops. A glass of Malbec paired nicely with it. Price for the dish was fifty dollars (wow). I very much like the vibe and food here.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerHummingbarbDined on 6/16/2014We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at The Milton Inn. The gazpacho was delicious and topped with large chunks of crab and a beautifully seasoned shrimp. We had lobster which was perfect except for needing to work to open the claws. The beef tenderloin was cooked perfectly and paired perfectly with the Rutherford Ranch Cab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the whole package!luv2dineDined on 6/15/2014The atmosphere and charm of this lovely roadside Inn only enhances your entire experience. I prefer foods that are not covered in sauces, so when I ordered the filet mignon I was delighted to see my plate adorned with freshly shredded horseradish! What a great accompaniment and wise choice from the kitchen. It's to be a favorite of mine in the future. Their trademark twice baked potato was delicious, as were the summer roasted vegetables. Everything was fresh and presented eloquently. Service personnel are efficient in an unhurried way, so I felt as though I was expected to stay and enjoy myself! The evening was a total dining pleasure for me, and I look forward to going back in the cooler weather to dine by the working fireplace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening - drinks too expensiveJerryDined on 6/14/2014There were five of us for a Sat. evening dinner. As background ( my wife and I dine out every weekend and always at restaurants - not fast food) The meal was excellent, the service was exceptional and the ambiance was relaxing. We had a filet, three different fish dishes, and a seafood special. All were excellently prepared. It was a very nice meal and evening. The only drawback - and it is always the same - a $75 bar tab for one drink each and $150 for a bottle of wine that I have at home (paid $70) is just plain greedy. Their exorbitant escalation of alcoholic beverage prices is the only reason I avoid going back - unless my guests want to go, as was the case this time. I would dine here 4 /5 times more a year if this was changed.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014One of our favorite places in Baltimore. Food is always superb; service outstanding; ambiance amazing. We keep coming back and bringing friends!Special Features:
- loved it!parentsofachefDined on 6/10/2014It was my birthday and it was a wonderful experience all around. Had trouble deciding what to have, that was the only problem, as it all looked delicious. We also had our son's rehearsal dinner there a few years ago, so I know the Milton Inn is excellent accommodating a party of 50 or a party of 2.Special Features: