EOS Greek Cuisine
490 Summer Street
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
EOS Greek Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eosgreekcuisine.com/
- Phone: 2035696250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience a taste of Greece. We cater corporate parties to weddings and everything in between. We offer both private parties at EOS or off site catering. EOS is an excellent space for a private party. The clean lines make a perfect blank canvas for whatever your catering needs may be. In addition EOS offers full service event planning. Call to speak with Nikki to custom tailor your next event.
A word from EOS Greek Cuisine
Authentic Greek cuisine in a modern atmosphere. Family owned and operated we designed EOS to be an entire Greek experience for our customers. Our cuisine echoes our passion for the flavors and aromas we enjoy now and lovingly remember growing up. We use only the freshest ingredients, farm raised animals, locally grown produce, and highest quality of imported seafood. We feature a wide variety of available Greek wines as well as Domestic and International varieties. Undiminished freshness and simplicity is our goal, paired with a cool, relaxed atmosphere to provide an authentic Greek experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
EOS Greek Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (23)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (13)romantic (9)good for groups (8)special occasion (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- YASOU! An ode to my YiaYia~~MikeEVIPDined on 1/28/2014Food just like my Yia Yia used to make! The recipes and preparation are authentic with flavors close to how my grandmother used to prepare! She learned to cook in Greece then was in Asia Minor/Turkey - I suspect the Chef here had similar experiences - the Imam-Baldi gave it away! Outstanding! We had 12 people who were accommodated comfortably and all enjoyed the outstanding culinary delights! A great experience all the way around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor PerformancektelVIPDined on 1/25/2014We have eaten at Eos numerous times but this trip had many inconsistencies. First the heat was not working well and most diners were wearing their coats at the table. My wife's moussaka was not uniformly hot indicating that it had been microwaved. The cauliflower was under-cooked and hard. And finally the sauteed spinach was cold. I am not sure if they are cooking outside on a barbeque during the polar vortex but this was a huge disappointment from our previous visits.
- Solid, quality, authentic, lovelyNelloDined on 12/22/2013Extensive menu of authentic Greek dishes. Delicious. A lovely modern decor. Very good service. It can be as noisy and many restaurants though this is due to size and architecture, not a noisy clientele. One of my go to restaurants for special evenings. There is outdoor sidewalk seating, sectioned off from sidewalk traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again we had an excellentCTFoodieVIPDined on 12/21/2013Once again we had an excellent night at EOS with friends from out of town who had not eaten Greek food but loved it! Dmitri our server made the night even more enjoyable! We will of course be back soon. Merry Christmas! Rory BarrySpecial Features:
- Excellent Upscale Fresh Greek FoodDiggerDined on 12/19/2013Everything here is good if you are a Greek food lover. The salads and anything with shrimp...terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Greek cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2013I loved the feeling of the restaurant - like being in someone's home. The outside of the restaurant was nicely decorated for the holidays. There were 3 of us so we ordered a bunch of appetizers to share and to try different things on the menu. My favorite was the octopus - tender and flavorful! The moussaka and the lamb kebabs were also delicious! The service was very good and friendly. We would definitely go back and try some entrees.Special Features:
- We had a great night withCTFoodieVIPDined on 11/30/2013We had a great night with relatives from out of town who thought the food and ambience were most enjoyable.Special Features:
- Food is very good. OrderedDeNightDined on 11/30/2013Food is very good. Ordered all appetizers and shared/sampled delicious plates of Greek cheeses, salads, kabobs and wines. Fun time. Friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good eats, loud interiorobsessedwithfoodDined on 11/2/2013Over the years (at least 7) of dining here the food has begun to go back up in quality to where it was when they opened. They have tried to mitigate the noise level with only some success inside the hard walled dining room. If you go for a larger party try and go early or during a slow period in order to be able to hear conversation.Special Features:
- A delightful eveningCranberriesVIPDined on 10/26/2013I looked around at EOS and saw families with kids in high chairs and couples out for a romantic evening -- it is an excellent venue for both. The shrimp and chicken dishes were excellent and we loved the warm pita bread with olive oil. Delicious food, warm and friendly service that is attentive but not intrusive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved EOSdiningdiva1Dined on 10/19/2013Something on the menu for everyone! Appetizer list is huge..House red wine (Greek of course) was quite good...can't wait to go back!
- I loved EOS! The food wasMGreenDined on 10/13/2013I loved EOS! The food was fabulous but you did not feel like you left the comfort of your home. Service is a little lack-luster but my overall experience was great. Would be happy eating in or ordering takeout. It felt like I was at my neighborhood restaurant but it was my first visit. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Greek FoodStuyVIPDined on 10/11/2013Great find! From the outside, you wouldn't expect a great restaurant, but once inside the place is well done with comfy seating and a nice atmosphere. Food is great at a good value. Would definitely recommend it for a casual, fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Greek Cuisine in StamfordMizzMacDined on 10/11/2013Ambience hip, waitstaff attentive and menu extensive with Greek faves and unfamiliar items to try. Had the hummus and a combo (pork sausage, meatballs, spanakopita and a tangy fried cheese). All were tasty! For entrees we each had the appetizer portion of the meat-filled moussaka. Great call -- good flavor and a substantial portion. Dessert was a humongous piece of delicious baklava. After the filling appetizers, we took home about half of each moussaka. The only complain (a deal breaker had we not been in a hurry to attend an event) was that every item that was meant to be hot was lukewarm. Did not effect the flavor but dampened the dining experience. Would try Eos again and put our foot down if lukewarm orders arrived at the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than AthensShippaneeVIPDined on 9/16/2013Enjoy terrific Greek food served by a wonderful Greek family with the atmosphere of the islands without the travel.Special Features:
- Fabulous as always!!BobbiVIPDined on 8/31/2013A little noisier than usual but I think when you go out on Sat night of Labor Day weekend and sit at a table for 8..... Love this place.Special Features:
- Great Stamford restaurantLuvthisplaceDined on 8/25/2013Wonderful food and ambiance. Definitely worth coming to regularlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek in every wayShippaneeVIPDined on 8/23/2013THis gem is wonderful not only for its superb Greek food but because it totally captures the essence of the Greek islands-the ambiance, the friendly family who staffs the place and the white and aqua decor.Special Features:
- Just Like Yia Yia Used to Make!!MikeEVIPDined on 8/20/2013Food was very very good - as the headline says - tastes alot like my YiaYia used to make! Service was very good and we had an all around terrific experience! Octopus is a must have!Special Features:
- Good restaurant with bad experienceManhattan1VIPDined on 8/17/2013We had been to Eos dozens of times before and it was always good. This time we had a waitress, that should have said was new, and she did everything wrong. Wrong food ordered and she was a sloppy, rude person. The owner tried to compensate, but the food was badly cooked and served and we would not return there.
- Great Greek FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2013EOS is my favorite Greek restaurant in Stamford. The serve authentic cuisine, have good service, good cocktails and some nice outdoor seating. I recommend for a group meal or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2013A great meal was weakened by the noise level. Staff was not helpful. Hopefully, after bringing our discomfort to the management's attention, they will take more care in the future. Outstanding food for the price. Outstanding food at any price. But my visit was marred by discomfort with the noise.Special Features:
- Food is MediocreLenoxVIPDined on 8/3/2013Lovely server, nice sititng outside but food is woefully overrated. We were there 7pm Saturday evening when it was still failrly empty and they were already "out" of one of the specials. Chicken kebob was completely ordinary, the duck and salmon overcooked and the vegetables accompanying the dishes were so old they looked like they were on Social Security. How the kitchen allowed these plates to leave is really hard to believe, especially given all the hype about how fabulous EOS is supposed to be. Needless to say, we passed on dessert.Special Features:
- This was our fourth visitOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2013This was our fourth visit to EOS and we will be returning frequently. The food was fresh and prepared with outstanding attention to detail. The service was very attentive but unobtrusive. They have been consistent each time and everyone who joined us loved eating here.Special Features:
- Highly recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2013We ate here on a Saturday night and would totally recommend it. Food was really good and the menu so extensive and mouth watering we struggled to make a decision. Good reason to go back and experiment more! Service also great; very friendly and knowledgeable. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent authentic GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2013Excellent authentic Greek food . Fresh ingredients wonderful choices .very fair prices .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Greek restaurantDanAgudoDined on 7/9/2013We've been to EOS several times for both lunch and dinner. Excellent Greek food and service. Reliable and enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCTSpiegsDined on 7/4/2013Consistently superior taste, quality and service, one of our favorite places to dine!!!! The food is authentic Greek and the staff are authentically nice. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Greek Food at Excellent Prices38ensoDined on 7/1/2013Gyro was tasty. Menu had lots of options. Fresh tasting food at good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek!geegedDined on 6/23/2013Excellent food and service. Our server was very helpful which is key for the first experience. Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great pleasurerakraogerDined on 6/18/2013Dinner at EOS was a true pleasure; we couldn't have felt more welcome and each dish was better than the one before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, food was very good.eaterouterVIPDined on 6/15/2013As usual, food was very good. Stuffed baby eggplant appetizer was wonderful according to friend, as were side vegetables. Feta dip with hot peppers was excellent! Only problem at this visit to Eos was that the air conditioning was not on, and doors were open to outdoors. Being on a main street in Stamford, this led to lots of noise. Otherwise, it was a great food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELISHKaraDined on 6/8/2013Really fresh and delicious authentic Greek food! Absolutely give it a try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly outstanding. Great cuisine,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013Truly outstanding. Great cuisine, service and ambiance. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Excellent Greek Delightful SpotNeilskDined on 6/5/2013We sat outside for lunch on a perfectly sunny day, shaded by trees for the most part. The four of us sampled many, many appetizers and white wine. Every dish was excellent, especially the trio of dips, grilled chicken and lamb sticks (off the stick), Gigante beans, fried zucchini, grilled octopus, and on and on. It was just the main ingredient of each small plate, but also the sauces that were really special. Excellent service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were four of us andCTFoodieVIPDined on 6/1/2013There were four of us and we all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and the evening generally. Food was great and the service extremely friendly and efficient, espeically the owner and our server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always deliciousjezekVIPDined on 5/30/2013Fresh fish (whole branzino) always delicious. Tiger shrimp was great.... they pour a great drink... and my friend thought there was a bit too much ice in his vodka... they took it back and added MORE vodka!! Great service... going back again tonight! Two in a row!Special Features:
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/28/2013The food is delicious. Love the lamp chops, Grilled Calamari,Tzatiki & Spagnaki. Never had a bad meal there in the last three yearsSpecial Features:
- Sometimes great but not alwaysGreatVIPDined on 5/21/2013The service can not be better. The food has been great but not consistently . Salads are always creative and tasty but meats are sometimes not prepared as ordered. Nice outside area if u want outside dining but inside is ordinary.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedLov2eatDined on 5/12/2013Very attentive server. Spotless linens. Great food & desserts.Easy Street parking on Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.