141 West 69th Street
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.andanada141.com/
- Phone: 6466928762x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00am
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00am
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 02:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Manuel Berganza Tome
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We specialize in custom catering. Contact us and tell us what you are looking and we will do it for you.We do upscale private parties to large events.
- Special Events: If you are looking for a place to perform any type of event, you can rent Andanada, since for a formal dinner or a tasting menu to a cocktail.
A word from Andanada
For a true Spanish dining experience, visit Andanada. Our two-time, two-star Michelin chef, Manuel Berganza, turns traditional Spanish dishes into works of art, all while remaining true to the flavors of Spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Andanada reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (103)fit for foodies (87)romantic (73)special occasion (61)great for brunch (47)good for groups (46)notable wine list (39)great for outdoor dining (23)late-night find (18)great for lunch (16)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Excellent tapas and food with a Spanish flavor. Entree portions are generous, well-prepared and seasoned to perfection. Clean, comfortable and cozy with an interesting small room in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small menutessa1Dined on 7/30/2014we liked having a small menu, the food was excellent, service friendly and attentive; very clean and nice looking the restaurant week menu wasn't appealing, so we opted for the regular menu and boy! were we happy! we really enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- Good food, Fun envrionmentfoodDined on 7/29/2014Went when they had flamenco - very exciting yet not too loud (could still hold a conversation). Food was good, and they had a nice wine selection from spain. Would go again.Special Features:
- MarcVIPDined on 7/29/2014Food not up to what was expected Paella was tasteless with small amount and size of seafood for $50 shared dish Wine was good Would not go back
- Very convenient Lincoln Center spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Andanada is great. Always fully enjoyable. Perfect for a pre-Lincoln show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodmetoDined on 7/27/2014Great food, from the artichokes and scallop tartar to the meatballs and the fried shark. I'm definitely going back...and soon! Excellent service, and my girlfriend and I will be going back!Special Features:
- Dinner in Spain Right Here in NYCMelKDined on 7/26/2014Incredibly beautiful restaurant with excellent food. Service was good, but not at the same level as decor and food. Nevertheless; we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible paella-took foreverFoodieDined on 7/26/2014We went for dinner and we were told that paella orders take 25 minutes to prepare. This was by far the worst paella my husband and I have ever tried. It was mushy and tasteless and looked like Rice-a-Roni. Appetizers were also tasteless and bland. Bread and homemade potato chips were very stale and old. Restaurant was clean and modern but would never go back.
- Nothing much to write about..NJDinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014We've booked for late dinner. Our plans have changed, and the restaurant accomodated us earlier and for 4 (as opposed to 2 we reserved). That pretty much was the only positive. The drinks: Martini's were OK, but the Sangria seemed very odd: we ordered a pitcher, almost all of it was pure ice, the second glass was already a tiny shade of pink, not even getting to the rest of it. NYC Restaurant Week menu was not very alluring, so we ordered tapas. It turned out to be a feast of bread - all of the dishes we ordered were either made entirely of bread, or had disproportionate amounts of it (case in point: fried calamari dish). We also ordered "Lobster with almond soup and fresh herbs" - very pretentious and very little substance. Steak was good.Special Features:
- Avoid itRudy2411Dined on 7/25/2014We had a table of four at Andanada last evening. Overall a terrible experience . On the bright side the drinks were good - including the spicy Margarita and red wine Sangria, and the service was friendly even though we got our table 15 minutes late . The problem was the food. The tapas were only okay with the braised pork being the only standout from the 6 we ordered . The Paellas were a disaster, and we ordered both - tasteless and the meat Paella was seriously burnt (badly charred at the bottom and not just a little which one would expect). We called 2 different people and complained - they acknowledged the problem but did nothing about it ! Shocking and surprising for a $ 60 per person meal !Special Features:
- Excellent PaellaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014My friend and I enjoyed a delicious meal during Restaurant Week. We each ordered paella off of the Restaurant week menu, which was the best I've had in recent memory. I'd tried the tasting menu before at Gastronomie, the restaurant that had previously occupied the same location and apparently has the same management, and remembered the excellent quality of the food.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekffmaxDined on 7/25/2014We came to try the Restaurant Week menu. The restaurant was packed. We arrived 15 minutes late, but they were able to accommodate us quickly. Both of us try the Rape and the Salteado. Both dishes were delicious and well-presented. Service was very attentive and professional. We will be back soon to try the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Great service. Great ambiance. Great wine list. Food was good....Special Features:
- Excellent!!!LuvandanadaDined on 7/24/2014Lovely ambiance. Great Staff. Amazing food!!! Everything in the menu is exquisite!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Spanish food & WineRonnykapDined on 7/23/2014Our early weekday dinner at Andanada exceeded expectations with creatively prepared foods (paella, vegetable confit, skate fish, and Melon desert. Service was excellent, with friendly and helpful staff. Wine was all Spanish and a bit pricey by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed, as usualOliverVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food was excellent, especially the meatballs and squid in squid ink. The sangria was delicious. Overall, I like Andanada a lot.Special Features:
- Flamenco!MMOODVIPDined on 7/22/2014We came to see the Flamenco dancing w/ dinner on Tuesday. The dancer and guitarist were both fantastic but with the exception of one other table the clientele didn't seem the least bit interested in the performance. One couple actually left because it was "too loud". Why come in the first place? Food was ok. They had a different twist on Spanish tapas. Sangria was ok (little too sweet). It seemed understaffed at times. The bartender was lovely but needed help and looked overwhelmed. The host would seat people and disappear for 4-5 minutes leaving the front of the restaurant completely unattended. We were not seated on time. I was 1/2 hr early for a 7:30 reservation and we didn't get seated until almost 8 after asking several times.Special Features:
- Rose624VIPDined on 7/22/2014The food was good here and the service was ok but not sure I'd go back again.
- Beatuiful brunchMJV14Dined on 7/20/2014The physical space was trendy and the back garden was lovely. The food was presented and prepared professionally and the drinks were delectable.Special Features:
- zoriDined on 7/20/2014This restaurant was a very nice surprise on the west side. Went for brunch and will try going for dinner soon. Food was very fresh and tasty. Service was excellent. Loved their fried artichokes and had a cocktail Malbella that was excellent, very refreshing with vodka, fresh fruit and mint. Calamari sandwich was very good also.Special Features:
- SuperbLCdinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014We love going to Andanada! The food is wonderful, the service is very good by pleasant, attractive polite and professional young people. The host is charming and welcoming and eager to have you enjoy the restaurant and the food. The Tapas are not the usual. The Croquettas delicious as is everything. The garlic shrimp are addictive. The Tabla boards of Iberica and sausages great and the tomato bread marvelous.Special Features:
- Good food find on the UWSFrancesca211VIPDined on 7/17/2014This is my second time at Anandada and it didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed the food, the sangria and the service. I would definitely come back again. The wait staff were very attentive and they didn't rush you out at the end of the meal... the menu is typically Spanish, vvery interesting and varied for all tastes.Special Features:
- What a Gem!westsiderVIPDined on 7/16/2014Beautiful and pleasant setting, great food, attentive staff, very welcoming environment...seams to attract appreciative and upscale people who have high standards. Happy it's in my neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so goodeloracDined on 7/15/2014Very pretty restaurant, but noise level bad and inattentive wait staff. A flamenco guitarist and dancer were very entertaining, but contributed to the noise level so we could not hear anything or have a conversation without shouting. The food was disappointing and we only liked one or two of the six tapas items.Special Features:
- lunch menuwotaguyDined on 7/12/2014lunch menu is very limited compared to dinner. Please write a review that is at least 50 characters in length. Who are you to tell me how long a free review should be. Booo to you!Special Features:
- WonderfulmxtinDined on 7/7/2014The atmosphere and food are wonderful. We stayed with the tapas menu and enjoyed every one of the tapas we ordered. We will probably try the entrees in our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMichyDined on 7/6/2014Found this place thanks to Livingsocial. The brunch was delicious and the sangria was so yummy. Very cute and romantic - I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a new place to have brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Best brunch I ever had!!! The potatoes were a gift from the food gods along with the eggs benedict!! The whole atmosphere felt like you we're smack dab in the middle of Barcelona!! Will be backSpecial Features:
- Surprise FindHappyEaterVIPDined on 7/5/2014Went there with a Living Social coupon for brunch. The food and service were great. Teresa was cordial and very engaging. I can't wait to return without a coupon to try their paella.Special Features:
- A must in NYCLaurasalchiDined on 7/3/2014Awesome food, amazing service, incredible ambiance. Musts from tbe menu: croquetas and chipirones a la romanaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantloveatingDined on 7/3/2014The food was excellent. My two favorite items of the meal were the fried artichokes topped with Manchego cheese and the Spanish cheese plate. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurprisemthomDined on 7/2/2014Wonderfully inventive new Spanish cuisine, served by attentive waiters. Good wine list with many options. Nice atmosphere. We had never heard of the restaurant and had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelDined on 6/30/2014Charming wait staff, carefully prepared food, first time I've had sangria in 30 years and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Andanada is awesomeELNYCDined on 6/29/2014Teresa was the best! The Huevos Iberico Benedict was muy bueno! The flamenco dancing & guitar was superb. Beautiful place to have brunch on a weekend. An UWS gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had high hopespdt1129VIPDined on 6/28/2014We read the reviews from Zagat and we were excited to try it. We ordered from the tapas menu and most of the dishes sounded very good and interesting. The waiter recommended that we order 4 dishes which we did and out of the 4 only one was really yummy. The Albondigas con Calamares (Meatballs in squid ink sauce with crispy squid ) was fantastic and we started with this one. Each dish became progressively worse lacking flavoring and taste specifically the Gambas al Ajillo which needed more garlic and the Alcachofas con Queso Manchego which was bland. The Tigres (Mussel croquettes with saffron emulsion and cilantro) were mediocre. We will not be returning.
- NYophileDined on 6/28/2014Great location if you are heading for a performance at Lincoln Center. The food was tasty and well presented. We had to ask for the pre-theater menu which was not made available voluntarily. The staff was very pleasant. We will return.Special Features:
- Best Spanis food in NYCAMdPGDined on 6/27/2014Great place, fabulous service, amazing food! Traditional Spanish dishes meet modernity in this place. A must see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Spanish cuisine in NYCfoodieDined on 6/26/2014Finally, exceptional Spanish cuisine in NYC. Top-notch ingredients and preparation. Deserves to be on the dining-destination map for Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014The restaurant is beautiful. I loved the ambience and the décor. The waiter was very pleasant and knowledgeable of the menu. The bathroom was immaculate and the walls were painted in a very artistic way. I will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Very good interesting foodGreatDiningChoiceDined on 6/24/2014Great selection of tapas. The tapas are very large and can easily be shared by two the food across the board was excellent the service friendly and professional and the ambience very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.