145 Nantasket Avenue
Hull, MA 02045Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bridgemansrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7819256336x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Sunday12:00pm-3:00; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off premises catering available
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available up to seventy guests
- Private Party Contact: Joe LaSpada 7819256336x
- Entertainment: Entertainment Licence on premises no current bookings
- Special Events: View our newly remodeled outside Dining Area and Cocktails around our Firetable
A word from Bridgeman's Restaurant
Endless views of the Atlantic Ocean provide a stunning backdrop for the elegantly casual Bridgeman"s Restaurant. Expect to be dazzled by the hip atmosphere, inventive cuisine, and extensive wine list of this long-established South Shore dining destination. Its Central Italian Cuisine, expertly prepared in the open kitchen, can be enjoyed in either of the two dining rooms or at one of two bars. Newly remodeled outdoor dining is also an option please enjoy our new addition a Firetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bridgeman's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Hull ›
Bridgeman's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (56)special occasion (45)great for outdoor dining (42)romantic (39)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (20)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (7)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful dining experience!martiniDined on 2/22/2014Our experience at Bridgeman's exceeded out expectations! Absolutely no complaints! We are already planing our return visit. Diners who a fortunate to live close by are very lucky to have such a fine dining establishment in their neighborbood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the name fool you!RobertDined on 2/21/2014I don't know why a great Italian restaurant would be named Bridgeman's (owner's name?) but this place was great! Excellent food and excellent service! We'll be returning for sure and have been telling people about it all weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentSwedeDined on 2/17/2014The food is always perfect, wonderful specials and attentive service. On the first floor you can see into the kitchen and from the second floor is a great view of the ocean. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well rounded menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014With all entrees ranging in the mid twenties it only makes it more difficult to decide what you are in the mood for! The menu is perfect with lots of great choices. My wife had the veal, it was a little drowned in sauce but very good nonetheless. I had a seafood special including crab stuffed pasta and scallops, which was very good. We will have to go back for the dessert!Special Features:
- Bridgeman's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Food and service is excellent..especially nice in the summer when you can sit outside and view the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding As UsualAbatantuonoDined on 2/11/2014As I said to the maitre' d' while we were exiting, "every meal I have had at Bridgemans, during the 14 years I have lived in Hull, has been a wonderful explosion of flavor in every bite. My bride and I had a wonderful early Valentine's Day dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal at Bridgeman'sCharlieVIPDined on 2/8/2014My husband and I frequent this restaurant 8-10 times annually. We might make it more often. The service is always friendly and quick. It starts with the Host and Hostess - true professionals. We shared the delicious fried clam appetizer, the special salad (I want another right now), I had the paella special and he had the sirloin. All were excellent. I couldn't eat my main course after the apps, so I brought it home and we had it for lunch the day after. The open kitchen adds warmth and heat - which is welcome this Winter. Our cocktails were also excellent. We'd say this is a must if you haven't been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Color and Local Cod RuleLINAKA8THEREDined on 2/1/2014I am a creature of habit when dining at Bridgeman's and, with rare exception, ALWAYS order the pan seared cod...it is a unique and delightful treatment of a wonderful local fish. This particular Saturday night at 7:30, the place was jammed but we weren't in a hurry and were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Success by the seaPapaVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great experience even if too chilly to sit on deckSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014We have lived in Hull for over a year now and kept saying we were going to have dinner at Bridgeman's. We finally found a night and an occasion and made the reservation! The service was great, the wine list was impeccable, and the food was top notch. We will absolutely return and I will definitely recommend my friends and family to go to Bridgeman's. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food AlwaysSShoreDined on 1/25/2014Everytime I go to Bridgeman's I am not disappointed. The staff and service very friendly. Dined here on a Sat night with my husband and 11 yr old. The kids menu nothing special - would like to see some healthier options, but that's ok. Ordered the house salad, caesar salad, salmon, mashed potatoes, chicken saltimboca and seafood fra diablo. All were excellent. Salads were fresh and flavorful. Salmon was cooked just right, chicken was tender and roasted veggies delicious. Husband loved the spicy seafood, right spice to taste all the seafood. Not a fan of the bok choy w/ ginger sauce - was somewhat slimy tasting and oily. bread & olive oil w/ olives tasty, a perfect start. Recommend! Place got a bit loud nearing 7pm though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridgemans, HullOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Our group had a very positive dining experience at Bridgemans. The food was delicious, the wait staff was very attentive, the restaurant is immaculate, and there was a happy buzz both in the dining room and bar area. it is a gem of restaurant in Hull and I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentgriffDined on 1/18/2014We have been to Bridgeman's many times it doesn't disappoint. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- We'll run, quality foodkathydaveDined on 1/11/2014Bridgemans. Is always an enjoyable dining experience. Well prepared food, comfortable seating, great views, gracious host. We especially love their fish dishes; an upscale restaurant without an attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!JackDined on 1/4/2014We,ve been back many times, always a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I haven't been to Bridgeman'srmjchDined on 1/3/2014I haven't been to Bridgeman's in a while and I was glad to re-visit. The menu was fantastic with so many great choices. The waitstaff was knowledgeable and attentive. My family really enjoyed it and I hope to go back soon.Special Features:
- food was awesomewey8Dined on 12/31/2013I got the special which was jumbo shrimp and scallops in a lobster cream sauce with lobster ravioli. It was delicious and the amount of food was just right. You get 5 good size ravioli, 3 shrimp and 2 scallops. For $34 I thought they should have added another scallop. The sangria is excellent as well. Look forward to going back in the summer to eat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/28/2013Bridgeman's never fails to deliver. The chef, John's, travels to Italy are evident in the most authentic presentation of the calamari that my husband has ever eaten. We had lovely cocktails and wine, one of the staff brought us some extra olives, the meals were fantastic, and the after dinner drinks were so warm and a beautiful finish to a perfect meal. The hosts are so accommodating, and it always feels like such a special night out when we head to Bridgeman's. I have been to many 4 star restaurants in Boston and Hull is so lucky to have such a fabulous little gem within walking distance. My necklace broke, spilling crystals all over the floor, and they helped us collect them. We even got a call the next day telling us they found the rest!Special Features:
- So goodKwcorrDined on 12/27/2013Whole experience is great! Food, service ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend CherylOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/23/2013Cheryl had ordered the lamb and it was to well done the first time, then the second time to rare and by the third time it was still to rare. She ate around the edges and brought the rest home to heat up later. You did give us free dessert. Thank you for that. We did leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreGenoDined on 12/21/2013Food was mediocre, service great, mixed drinks excellent. Our request for "best available" seat was ignored.
- Warm and Welcoming with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/16/2013Always a great time, this evening's selection featured exceptionally superb service and food. From cocktails to dessert, there wasn't a bite (or sip) I didn't enjoy. It was a slow night being a Monday, but it still felt warm and full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!dineout2niteDined on 12/12/2013We had a party of five and everyone enjoyed their meal. Not a morsel left on anyone's plate! The wait staff was excellent. The atmosphere was perfect. Only regret - to full for dessert! Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerIMO8Dined on 12/7/2013We are return customers to Bridgeman's, so right away, it says we enjoy it. We were met immediately by a pleasant hostess and given choice of a table. Our server was knowledgeable, patient, and friendly. Food was overall quite good. Fish was delicious and cooked as requested, but I did think the shredded beets lacked flavor. I guess because it is winter, it was fairly quiet. Great for conversation! A bit pricey, but a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- A little more attention requiredOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013A salad was ordered but was not delivered. One meal had to be sent back because it was not close to being hot. Perhaps they could preheat the serving dishes also-- that would be a nice additional touch of service
- Gourmet delightTtk1113Dined on 11/29/2013The menu was primarily seafood in nature (as you would expect along the beach) but it still offered some wonderful choices. The food was exquisite! The wait staff were very attentive, friendly and courteous. The wine list was a bit overwhelming. I did enjoy the option of half bottles so you don't get carried away. Our glasses were never empty. We were never rushed-there was time to savor and enjoy each course of our meal. My only regret was not saving room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/23/2013Always treated like a VIP. Owners are impeccable and always there to make sure we are treated like royalty. Food is delicious and the wine menu has great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable Meal at Bridgeman'slavilo1Dined on 11/16/2013Bridgeman's certainly lived up to its reputation. Great food, great service and great ambience were abundant the evening we dined there. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and menuMbshDined on 11/10/2013Excellent service and menu choices. Fish choice was outstanding - indicative of the ocean side local. Upstairs offers a view of Nantasket beach but the first floor looks out onto the parking lot across the street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionLuluDined on 10/29/2013Bridgemans is perfect for a special occasion celebration, upscale, unusual choice of foods, service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Veggies222Dined on 10/25/2013From the minute we walked in the door we were pleasantly surprised. Beautiful atmosphere, incredible service, and the food was wonderful. From steak, calamari, swordfish and haddock, it was all delicious. From apps to dessert and coffee, not one thing to complain about! We'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- Consistently very goodCarolVIPDined on 10/24/2013We have been dining at Bridgeman's since it opened many years ago and have always been impressed. The service was pleasant and professional, and the food and presentation are always excellent. We particularly enjoyed the seared scallops appetizer and entrée. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing......DJulianIIVIPDined on 10/18/2013Simply our favorite restaurant. What's not to love??!!?? Just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday ReduxDineNEtimeVIPDined on 9/28/2013This was our second time at Bridgeman's. Food was excellent both times and the service has improved since the first visit. It is a lovely place and although energetic, has a nice relaxed vibe with a local feel. The price point is on the high side but the innovative menu and quality wins every time. Will definitely be going back over the winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2013Excellent food, very contemporary, well prepared and well presented. Better than average offerings mostly hard to find on the South Shore. Very energetic atmosphere and, as a result, a bit too "noisy".Special Features:
- Rehearsal DinnerSpecialOccasionDined on 9/14/2013We had a wonderful dinner at Bridgeman's in Hull. The food was great, the staff was helpful and our guests loved the atmosphere. The restaurant was hopping which may have contributed to the slow service, but that was the only issue. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every thing was lovely. TheMaeve02Dined on 9/12/2013Every thing was lovely. The wine list was expensive for the average diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in relaxing localetomLDined on 8/25/2013Menu items were carefully prepared, tastefully seasoned and presented in a timely fashion. Definitely a keeper.Special Features:
- First timersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2013Went for fist time and loved it - great on all dimensions and very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre pricey foodtripperDined on 8/20/2013Ambience and view was good but the food was mediocre at best.my daughters meal was terribly overdone and the cheap sirloin that I got for $26 was burnt on the outside and a measly helping of scalloped potatoes.MY sister enjoyed her shrimp but overall the meal definetly wasn't worth the price.Special Features: