145 Nantasket Avenue
Hull, MA 02045Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bridgemansrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7819256336x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Sunday12:00pm-3:00; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service off premises catering available
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available up to seventy guests
- Private Party Contact: Joe LaSpada 7819256336x
- Entertainment: Entertainment Licence on premises no current bookings
- Special Events: View our newly remodeled outside Dining Area and Cocktails around our Firetable
A word from Bridgeman's Restaurant
Endless views of the Atlantic Ocean provide a stunning backdrop for the elegantly casual Bridgeman"s Restaurant. Expect to be dazzled by the hip atmosphere, inventive cuisine, and extensive wine list of this long-established South Shore dining destination. Its Central Italian Cuisine, expertly prepared in the open kitchen, can be enjoyed in either of the two dining rooms or at one of two bars. Newly remodeled outdoor dining is also an option please enjoy our new addition a Firetable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bridgeman's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Hull ›
Bridgeman's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (56)special occasion (45)great for outdoor dining (42)romantic (39)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (20)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (7)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Not the best valueSullyDined on 5/16/2014Years ago we would go here many times- This was probably our 2nd visit in the last 6 years. - Service was ok- entrees were very good- not much on presentation but the taste was fine. We had veal picatta and pan seared scallops. Four scallops for $26 didn't seem like good value to me- The desserts were very expensive. Wine list is lacking.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealNYtransplantDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. They were each different takes on meals we've had many times at many restaurants: roast duck and chicken saltimbocca. The kitchen readily adapted my wife's meal to accommodate her cheese allergy. Service was attentive, but not overly so. All-in-all, a wonderful dinner to celebrate Mother's Day.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day venueselectivesusanVIPDined on 5/11/2014Had a three generation Mother's Day celebration to welcome our daughter and her husband and two little girls back to the East Coast from living in San Francisco for nine years. The staff was attentive to our needs for a two year old and brought our meals quickly. Delicious meals. Only problem was that the molten lava cake took forever to bake (the make them individually) and it was a little burned, but still good. Lovely setting across from the long beach in Hull, where we took several photos to chronicle our wonderful day.Special Features:
- Excellent variety of foodBIB28VIPDined on 5/11/2014I had such a hard time picking something at this place as there was so much variety and it all sounded so good. Everything was delicious! Would recommend sitting upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must tryNorwaysonDined on 5/11/2014Went to Bridgemans for Mothers Day dinner. Have eaten there quite a few times and have never been disappointed. Although they were busy the sevice and food were excellent. Nice water view of Nantasket beach from the second floor. Friendly relaxed service. Lobster ravioli and the Panko crusted Haddock were both excellent. Quiet relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always Great!BobMDined on 5/10/2014This is simply a great place to eat. I had the swordfish (often problematic at many places) and it was moist, tender and packed with flavor. The hosts make you feel welcome without hovering. Visit today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as UsualKepaDined on 5/10/2014My husband took me back to my favorite restaurant for my Birthday dinner and as usual it was another wonderful experience. Still my favorite restaurant!!!Special Features:
- A gemMJHDVDDined on 5/10/2014The food was fantastic, the scallops where done perfectly more than enough. The dishes were not overly spiced, just right. The wait staff could not have been more attentive, couldn't remember the last time my water glass was filled so much. Best dinner we had when visiting my mother in law in Hingham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely in Every Respect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Took my mom to Bridgeman's for Mother's Day and the restaurant did not disappoint! Right off the bat, we were seated and our waitress was outstanding. She was attentive but not overwhelming. Wine list is impressive and the menu is terrific. Bridgeman's gives you that classy, top-notch, Boston feel without the commute. It is not cheap so be ready to spend and it is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceFine2DineDined on 5/3/2014We've been to Bridgeman's several times, & it never fails to impress us. The food was delicious, served by friendly, knowledgeable wait staff. The view of the ocean from the 2nd floor is spectacular at sunset. Prices are very reasonable considering the elegant setting & fantastic food and service. I'd highly recommend this fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014wonderful meal, from drinks to desserts. Everything was made to perfection and was delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect dining exerience!HelenLouDined on 4/24/2014Bridgeman's is consistently top shelf. Entrees are served with a flair, and service is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special place for great foodAbear2pleaseDined on 4/23/2014Great food and service. The menu changes often enough to keep going back. Recommend for special occasions and as a casual dinner spot. Always a positive experience.Special Features:
- Easter SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I made reservations and we arrived an hour early and we enjoyed sitting upstairs at the bar for a cocktail. I did request a window table which we received, the waiter was very good, they took there time with each course, chowder, salad, and meal was great just wish i had room for their desert which looked great and we did not feel rushed at all. I will recommend this place to friends when they are in the Hull area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter dinnerTwodinersDined on 4/20/2014We opted for Easter dinner for two this year and made reservations on Open Table. We were greeted warmly, seated upstairs at the window overlooking the ocean - lovely!! Wait staff was excellent -attentive, pleasant, friendly, and efficient. We were a little disappointed in our entrees as we chose from the specials and both meats -prime rib and rack of lamb- we're very tasty, cooked as requested, but drier than we would have expected. We did not bring this to our server's attention as it was not an immediate concern. The calamari appetizer and salads were delicious, and overall we enjoyed our meals and would definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningGrampyVIPDined on 4/16/2014The food was great, the waitress was excellent, very helpful and the evening with friends was most enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridgeman's Not really ItalianBirthdayDined on 3/29/2014Service was good, but food choices were disappointing. Mostly fish dishes, not ItalianSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Food!Lord12NelsonDined on 3/22/2014Have been here several times in the past and have never been disappointed. Just took my friend there for a birthday dinner the other night. Still found the food to be consistently great using only fresh ingredients. Lots of choices on the menu, had a hard time choosing. Would definitely recommend for special occasions or any time you are looking for a special meal. The second floor has great views of the ocean. They also offer an impressive and outstanding wine list. Waitress was friendly and attentive yet professional. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Duck LovermadlewDined on 3/22/2014Went for dinner recently and while the service was wonderful the real story was the duck entree - omg! Best duck I've ever had. Would recommend going just for that. Hope Bridgeman's keeps that dish on the menu for a long time!Special Features:
- Loved our meals: I had SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2014Loved our meals: I had Salmon with the beet risotto excellent! Husband had steak which was great. We split a bib salad w/ a great dsg, cheese and nuts on it-fabulous!! Minestrone soup was awesome. Disapointed in the oysters. But all in all great experience and would love to go back in warmer weather and sit outside!Special Features:
- It was a freezing cold nightsundayDined on 3/17/2014It was a freezing cold night and we didn't think anyone would be there - very surprised to see the parking lot very busy and while not full, a very nice number of people there - not a weekend so people will come out for exceptional food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!!!bobrussDined on 3/17/2014Freshest ingredients expertly and creatively prepared. A blend of flavors that works in every dish we've had at Bridgeman's. Just got back from a 2 week cruise in the Western Mediterranean and nothing we ate in Italy, France, Spain or on board the NCL Jade was as good as the meal we had at Bridgeman's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasedPattyDined on 3/17/2014Had 4 yummy appetizers with coffee's made a great supper with a great sunny view of the seaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentSShoreDined on 3/16/2014Always have an excellent experience at Bridgeman's. Quiet dining upstairs with beautiful view of Nantasket Beach/ocean. Service friendly, quick. Caesar salad was fresh, just enough fresh parm and dressing, fresh pepper. Lobster chowder was thick and creamy, the best, with bacon, sweet potatoes and lobster. Soudough bread to start was fresh and tasty with olive oil. Baked haddock with lobster mashed was very fresh and delicous, cooked perfectly. Spicy seafood dish my husband loved, it's his favorite with lots of seafood and the spice was just right, not overpowering. Wish they had more items for kids to choose from. No specific kids menu. Daughter had chicken fingers and mashed. Creme brulee was great as well to end our meal.Special Features:
- The food was fabulous andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2014The food was fabulous and service was great. Nice night outSpecial Features:
- A delicious meal at a beautifulNINADined on 3/16/2014A delicious meal at a beautiful restaurant. The open ocean is across the street. We have been to Bridgeman's 3 or 4 times and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was great. We had aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014Dinner was great. We had a reservation and we were seated immediately. Food was delicious - no room for dessert which sounded delicious! We were seated downstairs, I would ask for upstairs the next time - it is much quieter. Definitely will go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- This was our second visitDickDined on 3/15/2014This was our second visit ti Bridgman's and it was very good. One of our party ordered the tuna speical and requested it rare and it came out medium to well. It was taken back and redone very quickly and without complaint. Everyone's meals were very good. The dining are is compacted and by the time we got to the main dish, the dining room was full and the noise level of course was high, but not enought to hinder converation.Special Features:
- Nice night outJackDined on 3/15/2014Food was excellent, service was very good also. Was a bit noisy at times, but overall a very nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time! Would defiantlyMoema15Dined on 3/15/2014Wonderful time! Would defiantly go back! Love to go in the summer and enjoy the al frisco diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service, but priceymcelmackDined on 3/14/2014Bridgeman's consistently has well prepared food and good service. Nice view if you're seated at the window, otherwise not so much. Prices are high so would only recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014The food was fabulous and service as well. I had one of the best haddock dishes with lobster mash potatoes. We have enjoyed the food every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Restaurant in Hull -SoupOrSaladVIPDined on 3/9/2014Very pleasantly surprised on our first visit to Bridgeman's; so much nicer inside than it appears from outside. Sat upstairs with a great view of the ocean, white table cloths, candles & soft music. I had veal piccata over artichoke ravioli, my husband had the special of the day; scallops &shirmp over spinach & cheese ravioli. Both meals were delicious & came with a house salad, bread and oil. The wine list had some very affordable choices, the pour was nice, & the cocktails were well made & perfectly chilled. Our server was very friendly & the rest of the staff very accomodating. We live on the North Shore and will defnatly make the 45 minute trip to Hull again. I recommend Bridgeman's for a romantic evening or a special occasion.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2014The view and ambiance were quite nice and it was very quiet on a Sunday evening. The food, the most important thing for me, was average at best and considering the high prices, the food should be well above average. The menu has not changed in years and perhaps the chefs are getting bored with the preparations because the lack of passion was apparent in the finished dishes. We shared 4 appetizers/small plates: Seared Scallops, Eggplant Stacks, Gnocchi and Crab Cakes. The scallops were burnt on on the bottom side and looked like they were purposely placed burnt side down because the chef knew that they were burnt, gnocchi too gummy, eggplant blah and crab cakes bland.Special Features:
- Great Great Great beats legalsUtleyDined on 3/8/2014Great Great Great beats legals any day hands down. Best tuna i have ever had so want to go back tonight. Will be returning soon thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealAlibearDined on 3/8/2014We had an issue with waiting almost an hour for an appetizer but the owner quickly rectified the situation as soon as he was informed. The remainder of our meal was excellent. We have eaten here before and will definitely return! It is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bridgeman'sLocalguy2VIPDined on 3/8/2014Bridgeman's is consistent, Hard to think of another South Shore spot that equals it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent views and wine.CK1991Dined on 3/7/2014If you like wood grilled calamari, they have an excellent appetizer. I ordered the tuna stake and it was over cooked but I did not complain. I just would have preferred it medium rare. The lobster bisque is amazing and the eggplant stack is also a favorite of mine. Ask for a table by the window. The view is even better from the second floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewsLovestoEatDined on 3/1/2014Our party of 3 enjoyed the oysters on the half shell appetizer. We paid $1.50 each extra for gorgonzola on our salad and there was only a tiny bit of cheese on each plate. The waitress came out with more cheese after my husband had already finished his salad. I had the blue crab ravioli with shrimp, which was good. My husband and mother had the veal piccata, and both said that their veal was tough and overcooked and too salty. We ordered desserts, but beware, the dessert menu doesn't have prices. The dessert sampler is large and runs $14. Taste is mediocre. My husband's profiteroles were $9 and large, but seemed to be filled with sorbet, which he didn't like. It was a busy night and service was very slow. Not an exciting meal.
- Where Have I Been?birthdayDined on 2/26/2014Bridgemans has been around for awhile but this was my first visit. It is a visually appealing room with a view of the ocean. It was very quiet on a recent winter eveing. The food was spectacular and the service was spot on. A real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.