Clyde's of Gallery Place
707 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Gallery Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 2023493700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Clay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Emily Palm for more information.
- Special Events: Father's Day Brunch & Dinner
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Gallery Place
This grand Victorian saloon is on two levels, with four distinctive bars, including an oyster bar, and six dining rooms. Open for dinner til late in the evening, it is the perfect spot before or after a Verizon Center event, movie or the theatre, and is open for lunch and dinner daily, as well as Saturday and Sunday brunch. Be sure to check out our newest addition, The Alley Bar, on your next visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (133)good for groups (127)special occasion (94)neighborhood gem (76)vibrant bar scene (67)great for brunch (61)fit for foodies (53)kid-friendly (51)romantic (48)late-night find (35)hot spot (32)notable wine list (23)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- The best thing about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/27/2008The best thing about this place are the staff who went above and beyond!Special Features:
- I went specifically for theOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/26/2008I went specifically for the Rockfish special, which is spectacular. Fresh and superbly prepared with a nice sauce which didn't overwhelm the fish. On past visits I have often found the food lacking (except for brunch, which is very good). I recall a seafood pasta dish that was inedible.Special Features:
- Hostess was very nice aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2008Hostess was very nice about changing our table to an area that was less noisy. The waitress was very personable and professional. We are frequent diners at Clyde's (most locations) and feel we get a great value!Special Features:
- The three times I've been,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/26/2008The three times I've been, the service has been lacking. It wasn't incredibly busy, but somehow it keeps falling short. They could learn a thing or two from the staff at the Lodge in Rockville, which usually has excellent service. The grown up meals came five minutes before the kids meals !!! ;( Hmmmmm...... after we requested the kids meals come first.Special Features:
- I like the vegetarian options,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/26/2008I like the vegetarian options, because they're not always centered around mushrooms and tofu. Two things I'm not a fan of.Special Features:
- Sit upstairs. Much better.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/26/2008Sit upstairs. Much better. Bar is too loud for any conversation.
- The service was a little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/25/2008The service was a little slow and the waitress messed up one order.
- We were seated in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/24/2008We were seated in the area that looks like a green house. It was a very relaxing atmosphere and felt like we were almost sitting outside. The food was very good too. I would recommend Clyde's to anyone!Special Features:
- We sat downstairs this time..weOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/24/2008We sat downstairs this time..we usually are seated upstairs. The music was a bit loud downstairs so I would suggest turning it down.Special Features:
- This is the perfect placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008This is the perfect place for dinner before attending an event at the Verizon Center. Service was smooth, excellent, and fast. Food was very good. Ambience was great!
- Impressive decor and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2008Impressive decor and ambience in one of Washington, D.C.'s most popular entertainment districts near the Verizon Center and Chinatown. Clyde's features hearty portions and tasty dishes for the price. Service was fair-to-average, but my impresssion was that our wait person was inexperienced. Parking was extremely difficult. Public transportation is nearby and highly recommended.Special Features:
- We were expecting a full easterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008We were expecting a full easter brunch with buffett. We could only order from the regular menu. It was very dissapointing. I'm not sure if I would book online again.
- Very average food. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2008Very average food. Nothing special about this place, but the value is pretty good. This location seems to be quieter and less crowded than the Georgetown location.
- Easter Sunday Brunch. RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/23/2008Easter Sunday Brunch. Restaurant was out of cinnamon buns before brunch even began, which was very disappointing. Otherwise a typically pleasant Clyde's experience.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful bruch onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008We had a wonderful bruch on Easter Sunday. The food was very good and the server was very pleasant and efficient. Unfortunately, there was a table of young people in the same room where we were seated who became extremely loud and disruptive at times. Otherwise, we enjoyed ourselves very much. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- We were there for Easter SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2008We were there for Easter Sunday brunch and the menu choices were so so and the food seemed overprice for the quality and the quantity.
- Upstairs is the place to sit.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/23/2008Upstairs is the place to sit. Clyde's is reliable, with good food and drinks and a nice place to have brunch, lunch and dinner. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- I just want to clarify onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008I just want to clarify on the service. I don't think our server was neglecting us, but I saw him at 4 or 5 other tables-definitely an overload that probably affected everyone's service.Special Features:
- Went for our family EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008Went for our family Easter dinner with parents from Ohio. Very happy with the service, etc. It was a bit hectic at the door due to the NCAA tourney at the Verizon center but everything went smoothly. Most importantly, parents were more than satisfied.Special Features:
- Waiter was very rude and hardOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2008Waiter was very rude and hard to find. Food was good, but the poor service is sufficent reason to avoid ths restaurant. When I advised the manager about the service, he was "sorry" for the sevice. The message was very clear he did not care either. First time in a very long time I tipped leass than 20%, I would advise the bar areaisadequate, look elsewhere for dinner.Special Features:
- Everything was great besidesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/21/2008Everything was great besides the fact that the New Zealand sb wine was sold out. (Kim Crawford). And our waiter was a bit rude and sarcastic. I expected better from the Clydes Corporation, as I freqent Old Ebbitt and 1789 and have never had a bad waiter.
- We had a party of 4, includingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/21/2008We had a party of 4, including a 12 year old. I had the goat cheese salad, which was a disappointment. The lettuce was wilted and sparse, and the 9.99 price for it was a bit outrageous. Additionally, the 12 year old had the carrots/celery/dip plate, and it had a total of 8 veggie sticks. I would have thought that Clyde's could do a little better than that. The kid's sundae, however, was a hit.Special Features:
- Restaurant was very noicyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/20/2008Restaurant was very noicy the food was OK service was good until we needed the check. Then we were unable to find the waiter for 20 minutes. They also left dirty plates on the table for 30 minutes. When waiter was there he was freindly and attentive. Just couldnt find him anywhere when we needed the check.Special Features:
- Huge crowd because of basketballOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/20/2008Huge crowd because of basketball tournament but honored our reservation immediately. Very good service in spite of the mob.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent food,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2008Consistently excellent food, ambiance, and service. My favorite place for lunch and dinner in the Penn Quarter/Archives/Gallery Place neighborhood.Special Features:
- The NCAA Tourney was goingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2008The NCAA Tourney was going on and I suppose that is why it was so loud. The TV's were up all the way and we literally had to yell at each other across the table. Seems to me that if someone has a reservation, you would not put them in that enviroment, the upstairs would have been a totally different scene I am sure. Was very upset that we got put into that enviroment. Food was cold too.
- We decided to have a drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2008We decided to have a drink before being seated and they were great about holding our table for a half hour beyond our reservation.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent food,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/19/2008Consistently excellent food, service, ambiance. It is my default preference for restaurant dining in the Penn Quarter/Gallery Place neighborhood.Special Features:
- Management should remind theOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/19/2008Management should remind the host that he is the first individual people interact with in the restaurant and that he needs to be NICE. Don't just shuffle people "upstairs and to the right."Special Features:
- Beautiful, "clubby" decorOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/17/2008Beautiful, "clubby" decor and great prices. Noisy and harried atmosphere. Good service.Special Features:
- Lamb stew was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/17/2008Lamb stew was outstanding. Oyster stew is always very good but takes a long time to prepare. Booths are very nice. Some tables can be too close to other tables if you don't have a booth. Would encourage Clyde's to obtain extra hats for St. Patrick's day and make them available for purchase as many people were asking if hats were available.
- i think they can do a betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2008i think they can do a better job with their selection of wines by the glass. Their staff is always professional!!Special Features:
- We have dined here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/16/2008We have dined here many times and this is the first bad experience we have had. although the food was good, the service was slow, rude and utterly abysmal - it detracted from the entire dining experience. This is the first time I have ever had any reason to complain about this restaurant and have voiced my concerns to the manager.Special Features:
- Beautiful decor. We had brunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2008Beautiful decor. We had brunch, the food was okay but seriously lacked presentation. The location is great.
- Clyde's is a good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2008Clyde's is a good restaurant with a lively bar scene, mostly because of it's proximity to the Verizon Center. Many people wind up at Clyde's after their event of choice, including us. The food is consistently good, however, but better when you view the menu as a list of ingredients and come up with a combination that you would REALLY enjoy. Clyde's does an excellent job with all fish, steaks, and chicken dishes, but gets close to ruining everything with their sauces, especially the hollandaise. I have learned to get whatever sauce on the side and the meal is more enjoyable. The folks answering the phone can be rude occasionally, so Opentable your reservation! Service is usually very good and the deserts are BIG and gooey. Yum!Special Features:
- I've found ALL of the Clyde'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/15/2008I've found ALL of the Clyde's restaurants to be very nice. The food is always good; the service is always friendly and prompt. I can count on the consistency and reliability of the chain. Another wonderful service they provide is the ability to make reservations. This really makes a difference when you have elderly people in your party.Special Features:
- My friends and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008My friends and I had a wonderful time at Clyde's. The spot was chosen because we wanted to eat before heading to the Wizards game. The staff was extremely knowledgeable about everything on the menu, especially the drinks (which is what we enjoyed the most). I will return again.Special Features:
- If you sit too close to theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2008If you sit too close to the bar downstairs, the noise can be pretty overwhelming. Anywhere else in the restaurant, it's great. I've never had a bad meal at any of the Clyde's locations.Special Features:
- Excellent raw bar. 1/2 priceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2008Excellent raw bar. 1/2 price oysters during happy hour M-Th. Bar gets loud and crowded before and after Caps games.
- I love this place. The soupsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/28/2008I love this place. The soups are wonderful and the crab cakes are soooo good. Everything was fresh!Special Features: