Clyde's of Gallery Place
707 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Gallery Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 2023493700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Clay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Emily Palm for more information.
- Special Events: Father's Day Brunch & Dinner
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Gallery Place
This grand Victorian saloon is on two levels, with four distinctive bars, including an oyster bar, and six dining rooms. Open for dinner til late in the evening, it is the perfect spot before or after a Verizon Center event, movie or the theatre, and is open for lunch and dinner daily, as well as Saturday and Sunday brunch. Be sure to check out our newest addition, The Alley Bar, on your next visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews from OpenTable diners
322 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (153)great for lunch (145)special occasion (98)neighborhood gem (88)vibrant bar scene (82)fit for foodies (69)great for brunch (63)kid-friendly (56)hot spot (50)romantic (49)late-night find (44)notable wine list (30)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Great Dining ExperienceRuss0164Dined on 7/22/2014The food was very good. Good cocktails. With 2 kids so they put us away from other patrons. That was just fine. Enjoyed it will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014Consistenly good food. Nice, "grownup" place in a hustle-bustle neighborhood. Generous servings and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serversNancDined on 7/20/2014The servers make this place fun. It's quite noisy, but they are committed to making your experience goodSpecial Features:
- Great RestaurantStephanieDined on 7/20/2014Good Food, fast service and very friendly. We made reservations and were taken to our table on time. No wait. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's never again!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014Scheduled this reservation over a month ago for a party of 14 before a night out at the Verizon Center. We waited over a hour after we ordered the food and three of the parties had like warm food. The rest of us watched them eat their entire plate and we still had no food. After we canceled our orders and complained the food showed up but we had to leave to get to the concert that was getting ready to start. We were hunger throughout the show but thankful that "New Edition" fed our souls!!! Clydes never again!!
- MisfiringOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Venue great; food portions large but late nite service was spotty. Long time for food delivery; extra round of drinks ordered - the order was never filled.Special Features:
- Something for everyone!SHDinerDined on 7/18/2014Had a great dinner here with some family visiting from out of town. The menu is diverse (but not overwhelming) so there was something for everyone, and the prices are extremely reasonable.
- Wrong foodLatetotheatreVIPDined on 7/13/2014My wife and I were there Sunday for brunch before 2 pm theatre at the Lansburgh. We ordered calamari for an appetizer. When the calamari was brought to our table the waiter tried to also leave a plate of chicken wings which we did not order and was meant for a different table. The calamari must have been left in the kitchen waiting on the chicken wings because it was cold when they arrived. For the entrée my wife ordered the eggs Chesapeake. I ordered the grilled filet mignon. We waited an overly lengthy period of time for the entrees to arrive. When they did come my wife's entrée was not the eggs Chesapeake but the regular eggs benedict. It had to be redone and in so doing we were late getting to the theatre for the show.
- Good Findteacherlady6Dined on 7/12/2014I was on vacation in DC and came across Clyde's. It was somewhat of an upscale American restaurant. Our waiter was really nice and attentive and the food was very good. If I go back to DC, I would likely come back to Clyde's.Special Features:
- foodVIPDined on 7/12/2014disappointing. had the special filet mignon and no flexibility on sides; no rice available and the vegetable choice and quantity were very very small and there was really no choice and no possibility to change what one did not like.Special Features:
- great experienceluv2bDined on 7/12/2014Good food, welcoming staff, courteous waiter. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisified and fullDCQtrcenturyDined on 7/11/2014The standard of service and quality food is reliably great at Clyde's. No disappointments and one leaves with a smile and sated appetite.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotPat519Dined on 7/11/2014I often go to Clyde's for lunch its calming, the wait staff is punctual, helpful and friendly, and the food well where do I start the food is always great! Have had some of the best farm fresh foods here. Always take guests here for luch or after work drinks. What can one say! Its OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gregDined on 7/10/2014Having dined two times within a two week interval, we found the food to be substandard both times. Ambience was terrific and service was fine, but the food left much to be desired. Pork chops were fatty, the artichoke dip was tepid rather than hot, the fried green tomatoes were ill defined, and the ribs were small and dry. Altogether, the dining experience on two separate evenings was less than memorable.
- So very disappointedFishLoverDined on 7/9/2014Had business colleagues in from out of town. Clyde's in Chinatown is a DC classic so though this would be a decent meal. Nope. Food was average at best - burgers and a steak are your best bet... calamari app was cold and limp, not crispy and hot as it should have been. Caesar salads were overdressed, limp and the croutons were mushy with wet dressing. Seems like they were dressed an hour ago. Haddock was small portion and plain. Salmon over-cooked. Party of six, failed to bring one entree until everyone else was almost finished. What a travesty - I was embarassed.
- Great menu selectionNJtravelerDined on 7/8/2014a variety of food at great prices. great service and food was cooked really well.Special Features:
- A reliably excellent experienceCathyQDined on 7/8/2014We count on a good experience at Clyde's whenever we come in to STC at Harmon Hall or the Lansburg Theater. The ambience is one of the nicest in DC. The staff are excellent and the food is very good. The menu offers numerous selection for all tastes. We thoroughly enjoyed oysters on the half shell on this visit.Special Features:
- Lovely place for lunchTRIGirlDined on 7/8/2014Met my brother, his wife and 18 mos old son for lunch during the week. They were on vacation and I work in the city. The service was quick and courteous. They had both booster seats and highchairs available for my nephew along with crayons and children's menu and fun coloring sheet. The menu had a variety of options. The food was delicious and fresh. Prices are reasonable. There is parking available in the garage of the building. The restaurant will validate parking, which is wonderful,as parking in the area is about $16 on average for a couple hours of parking. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialLunchDined on 7/8/2014I am not a particularly picky person, but there wasn't much to praise about my last visit to Cylde's. OK, the fresh hot bread was very good. I ordered the Salad with Salmon, and I left 1/2 of the salad because it was bland red cabbage. I got one refill of my ice tea at the end of my meal. I'm going back again soon for a lunch with a large party. Hopefully, I will have a better experienceSpecial Features:
- Good findCW19Dined on 7/4/2014We were looking for a reasonable relaxing place to eat before the fireworks. This place was good. We all enjoyed our meals and drinks and service was very good.
- The Food is Always GreatSusanVIPDined on 7/4/2014The blackened salmon fettuccini dish was very tasty as were the pan seared scallops. The only drawback to the scallops was that they were not served with tartar sauce. When we asked, it took a very long time to get some and I think it was made especially in the kitchen and was not very good. The scallops themselves were delicious. The Clydes house salad is always a good bet: fresh greens and veggies with a balsamic vinaigrette. The bread is warm and delicious and served with a generous amount of butter. Great wine selection and great cold beer on tap. Who needs more than that? Service was attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of townersperfectendingDined on 7/4/2014Wonderful ending to a touristy day. Waiter was perfect. Not too attentive yet seemed to know when we needed something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post-theater diningFormerFedVIPDined on 7/2/2014We went to Clyde's after seeing "Private Lives" at the Lansburgh Theatre down the street. I got a trio of starters while she ordered an appetizer and an entree. The Shrimp & Bacon Deviled Eggs and Korean Steak Tacos were very tasty. The Duo of Hummus was just OK, but came with a generous portion of veggies. Her Crab Pizza was good, but so filling that she had her Baby Back Ribs brought in a "To Go" box. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service EVER!SusanVIPDined on 7/2/2014The food was delicious as usual as Clydes has an interesting menu which changes monthly or seasonably. The service was outstanding and this in itself can change a good dining experience into a great one. Our server was Jason who deserves a medal for customer service. He was friendly, personable, totally on top of the menu choices and 100% responsive to every question or request. We have eaten at Clydes many times and never had anyone as outstanding as him. He is a credit to your establishment and I can assure you, we will be looking for him when we return.Special Features:
- bokbgokDined on 7/2/2014this place is always great. Food, service, setting; always thumbs up
- Great Food - Poor ServiceSusanVIPDined on 6/30/2014The food at Clyde's is always great however the service this night was below par. Our server forgot the bread despite being asked, got one of the orders wrong and never came by the table to ask how everything was. One of your kitchen staff who delivered the food to our table apologized profusely and came with the correct order and also the bread. He saved us from a completely disinterested waiter. Although we gave a minimal tip, we did privately tip the staff member who was so kind and came to right the wrongs.Special Features:
- Awesome TimeCarbyPattyDined on 6/28/2014After graduation I chose Clyde's for my family meal and boy was it a great choice! We were seated in a timely fashion and the food was diverse and amazing. I do not live in DC so I was taking a chance and it paid off greatly. We had an amazing time with amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints at all!NopeDined on 6/28/2014For a very busy neighborhood, we enjoyed a calm, quiet and delicious brunch last Saturday. Service was great, food was delicious, and the bill at the end wasn't a bank breaker. We don't dine out in DC often, but I would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Great choice in Penn QuarterBabblesVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great food, excellent service. This is an excellent choice before events at Verizon Center. Locally grown food is included on the menu and everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde'sFastwitClassDined on 6/25/2014I took my girlfriend to clyde's for her 20th birthday and we had a blast. We were seated instantly and served shorty after. I would recommend this establishment to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-show locationJohnJDined on 6/25/2014We were looking for a kid friendly dinner spot that would take reservations before we went to the Katy Perry concert. Clyde's is right next to Verizon Center and we are glad we had reservations. There were a lot of pre-show folks there who were waiting for over an hour for a table for four. We were seated right away. Our waiter was very friendly and suggested several beverages to numb my ears for the upcoming two hours of screaming teenage girls. Great menu selections and I went with the blackened catfish wth dirty rice. Excellent! I was disappointed that after two tries I was unable to get the desserts I wanted -- they ran out on both. I decides to have a few spoons of my sons massive bowl of raspberry sorbet which was all I needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't handle volume well.LeesburgLisaDined on 6/25/2014Considering that this restaurant is right next to the Verizon Center, I would think that handling a busy, pre-show crowd would be easy, or at least common. They really didn't handle it well at all. We had to wait long times for our courses and check. The worse thing was that my salad was delivered to me 10 minutes after my entree, and I had already told them to skip it! I was pretty disappointed, and our outing was for my daughter's 13th birthday. It was a let down.
- Dinner last minutebob72Dined on 6/24/2014We were looking for something last minute while vacationing in DC and this was recommended being related to Ebbitts grill made the decision easy. Great food. Loud and hard to hear. Service was very good. Very spacious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Concert Satisfactiongot2swimclimbDined on 6/24/2014Definitely the perfect spot pre-concert at the Verizon Center. I made reservations, which was key. There was a line of people waiting to get a table and my party of 4 waltzed right in. My server was great, a little slow with the drinks but it was crowded. The food was great as always. The catfish po'boy was delicious. The 1/2 price happy hour seafood is the best deal going. I want to go back nightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kiki007VIPDined on 6/24/2014horrible service. Waiter was no where to be found at any time during the lunch. Completely bizarre behavior. If Clyde's wants the business lunch crowd, it doesn't show it.
- A Reliable Favorite for LunchCuriousCarnivoreDined on 6/24/2014Very good service. Good food. Very nice surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMimiVIPDined on 6/23/2014Well-prepared food. Friendly and professional staff. Fun sporty atmosphere. We got a quiet table as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3297 reviews are from the Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews archive.
- Fine Food, Setting, & ValueHurray4FoodDined on 6/22/2014My friend and I enjoyed delicious meals last Sunday afternoon. The decor--with comfortable booths and lovely paintings--was terrific, and the food--a a perfectly prepared steak salad for me and a wonderful salmon dish for my friend--was outstanding. Individual pepper grinders on one's table is also a big plus for me, too. Fine service and reasonable prices made for a most pleasant all around occasion.Special Features:
- SaraSaraDined on 6/21/2014Food was good and prices were reasonable. However, very loud and had to wait for drinks way to long. The overall service was slow but friendly. I would go again.Special Features:
- Always a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014Clyde's is great. We eat here multiple times a year and always have a good meal. The one issue I have with Clyde's is that the food actually comes out too fast, and this isn't the first time that's happened. On this particular trip, all of our food, both appetizers and entrees, came out within 10 minutes. It's a bit awkward deciding whether to keep the entrees or send them back to the kitchen. Otherwise, the food was really good and the server was pleasant. We'll be back!Special Features: