Clyde's of Gallery Place
707 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Gallery Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 2023493700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Clay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Emily Palm for more information.
- Special Events: Father's Day Brunch & Dinner
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Gallery Place
This grand Victorian saloon is on two levels, with four distinctive bars, including an oyster bar, and six dining rooms. Open for dinner til late in the evening, it is the perfect spot before or after a Verizon Center event, movie or the theatre, and is open for lunch and dinner daily, as well as Saturday and Sunday brunch. Be sure to check out our newest addition, The Alley Bar, on your next visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews from OpenTable diners
300 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (135)good for groups (134)special occasion (96)neighborhood gem (80)vibrant bar scene (68)great for brunch (63)fit for foodies (55)romantic (50)kid-friendly (50)late-night find (37)hot spot (33)notable wine list (24)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- A Reliable Favorite for LunchCuriousCarnivoreDined on 6/24/2014Very good service. Good food. Very nice surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMimiVIPDined on 6/23/2014Well-prepared food. Friendly and professional staff. Fun sporty atmosphere. We got a quiet table as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Food, Setting, & ValueHurray4FoodDined on 6/22/2014My friend and I enjoyed delicious meals last Sunday afternoon. The decor--with comfortable booths and lovely paintings--was terrific, and the food--a a perfectly prepared steak salad for me and a wonderful salmon dish for my friend--was outstanding. Individual pepper grinders on one's table is also a big plus for me, too. Fine service and reasonable prices made for a most pleasant all around occasion.Special Features:
- SaraSaraDined on 6/21/2014Food was good and prices were reasonable. However, very loud and had to wait for drinks way to long. The overall service was slow but friendly. I would go again.Special Features:
- Always a good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014Clyde's is great. We eat here multiple times a year and always have a good meal. The one issue I have with Clyde's is that the food actually comes out too fast, and this isn't the first time that's happened. On this particular trip, all of our food, both appetizers and entrees, came out within 10 minutes. It's a bit awkward deciding whether to keep the entrees or send them back to the kitchen. Otherwise, the food was really good and the server was pleasant. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Reliably good, comfortable settingMeg616Dined on 6/20/2014Broad menu, everything is tasty and well presented. Hosts are friendly and efficient. You can always count on a good meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LacklustermassysettDined on 6/20/2014Clyde's has never been fantastic. At best, you go there because it is huge, so you can get seating; it's in a good location; the ambience is nice; and there is a large menu with unobjectionable items so most people in a large party can find something. I've never left Clyde's saying "wow, that was good." But this last visit was bad. Overcooked, poorly filleted fish. Miserable desserts. Slow service. I would go here for other reasons if the food and service were at least okay, but now it's so bad I can't even consider it.
- Clyde's at Gallery PlaceVU4UDined on 6/20/2014Love this Clyde's! Great location and in a beautiful older building. Service and food were great! I had the grilled chicken salad.... Chicken sitting on a salad of mostly kale...delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer options needed!LiketoeatlightDined on 6/20/2014Lunch is fun at Clyde's. I'd like it better if there was a better variety of summer salads, especially some that didn't seem like dinner dishes - salmon, steak. The shrimp salad was tasty but drowning in mayonnaise. Please take another look at the "lighter" items on your menu.Special Features:
- Caps Night OutCapsfanDined on 6/18/2014I took the girl friend out to the Caps Open House and then took her to Clyde's of Gallery Place. We had a nice dinner. The restaurant has very nice ambiance and the noise level is not to high. I don't think it is a good place to bring small children, but is a good place to take a date for dinner and drinks. I thought the service was good, but not great.Special Features:
- NicknameDined on 6/17/2014Great food. Even though I table was in a corner it was too noisy. We were having a meeting and it was hard to hear each other without raising our voices.Special Features:
- Wonderful Seasonal MenuSusanVIPDined on 6/16/2014Thank you Clyde's for refreshing the menu monthly and seasonally. The June menu highlights fish and there are some wonderful dishes here. The fetuccini with blackened salmon was excellent as were the baby back ribs: tender and moist seasoned ribs which fell off the bone! The Monday half-price wine list is also impressive. There is a great selection and something for everyone (white, red and rose). I also appreciate that you never need to ask for a wine bucket. It comes automatically. Clyde's booths are sumptuous and large and there is no noise to speak of. Our waiter has been serving at Clyde's since it opened and he was knowledgeable and friendly. The dessert menu is extensive. One of my favorite downtown DC restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceambianceloverVIPDined on 6/15/2014While I have had drinks in the downstairs bar area, this was first meal in the very elegant (and -- an important element for me -- television-free) wood-panelled second floor dining room. Food was excellent -- I had oysters, sea scallops and walnut cake washed down with a bottle of very good pinot grigio. I you are coming from the Regal theaters one floor up you can enter directly, saving yourself going outside in inclement weather.Special Features:
- Maybe it was just an off night...Andi99Dined on 6/13/2014I've been to multiple "Clyde's" in the past for drinks or to eat at the bar. I've had wonderful food and a great time talking to other patrons or the bartender(s). This was my first time at Clyde's Gallery Place for a sit-down dinner and to catch up with old friends. Unfortunately, we had to yell at one another to be heard over other patrons and the food was mediocre. In addition, we had to stop the server to ask him his name and he did not check on us very often. We had to flag him down for drink refills and for condiments. He was nice, but very busy. I'm not sure if other patrons had the same experience, but my father, friends and I were less than impressed with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The quality of t h email meals seems to have dropped. Also received main course about 2 minutes after the appetizer. This used to be a great place in dc
- The Ordinary is ExtraordinaryinthebizDined on 6/13/2014We had the calves liver and it was better than we would have expected. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice lunchPaulandJaneinVADined on 6/12/2014My husband and I had lunch with friends in a party of five. My lunch was delicious - first, a good beet & goat cheese salad followed by a wonderful crab cake nestled on a bed of veggies. The blueberry bread pudding was a little boring. The others had items from the appetizer or sandwich menu. But getting into the city for a meal at Clydes was my excuse to enjoy a special meal - and I did! Only downside was the noise level - it prevented us from having much conservation. And since we were high school classmates from the class of 1954 we needed all the help we could get! We'll be back as you serve good American food well prepared - our kind of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad bar wait staff/good happy hourPZA2014Dined on 6/9/2014I normally very much enjoy Clydes of Gallery Place but I went with a friend for happy hour with a reserved table and was pushed out of the restaurant by the waiter's rudeness and the waiter actually put up a sign on our table while we were still sitting and talking (and considering ordering dinner) saying "see hostess for seating" so we left instead of ordering a meal. We had been there an hour and it wasn't busy. I will go back to Clydes for their happy hour but I will certainly skip dinner in the future if the bar waiters are so rude.Special Features:
- Very Cool DiningAroyDined on 6/8/2014Clyde's is a really great restaurant. The atmosphere is very cabin like, the food is good, the service I found was very good and it's a nice place to hold a special occasion as well. I liked it.Special Features:
- Consistently ConsistentRickDined on 6/7/2014Not only will you find some of the best examples of local art - a virtual historic tour of the Nation's Capitol - you will find one of the absolutely best managed restaurants in the area. The service is friendly and dependable. The food, though not great, is very good and well presented. The parmesan crusted trout is particularly good and Clyde's offers a well-rounded desert menu. Need a dependable place? Go to Clyde's.Special Features:
- My ThoughtssheEatsDined on 6/3/2014Great as usual. The variety of the menu is good for me. Not so impressed with the curry vegetable soup but otherwise good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchPaulDined on 6/3/2014Caught up for an informal business lunch. Some members of the party were late, but this presented no problem to the staff. Food service was quick and we all enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- KimRhodesDined on 6/2/2014I always enjoy dinning at Clyde's at Gallery Place. The food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT placethehighlander87Dined on 5/31/2014Once I found out this place was in the same restaurant group as Old Ebbit Grill and Hamilton House I had to try it. The food is great and so are the drinks; professional staff and not a bad crowd for being in Gallery Place. So if want to grab a drink before or after your movie, and don't want to be around unsavory characters; then this is a safe bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambience; food may be slippingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014We had a party of 5; we all had eaten here together often. No one commented on the food's being especially good, as usually happened in the past. My husband and I thought our food was okay, but not up to Clyde's usual standards.Special Features:
- Great ExpectationsJenn25Dined on 5/30/2014My coworker and I were set on having lunch at a place where we could consume good food. Immediately I thought of Clyde's and made a reservation. Upon being seated, the waiter discussed the specials of the day/month. She suggested the brick Chicken. OMG, this chicken was succulent. My coworker texted me later that day and was still reminiscing about lunch. As always, Clyde's exceeded our expectations. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Consistently Good FoodSusanVIPDined on 5/26/2014Love eating at Clydes especially on Mondays when the wine is specially priced. The new rose (Bieler pere et fils), a dry French chilled rose, is an excellent addition to the wine menu. The food, no matter what, always arrives on time, is bountiful in portion size and is delicious. Clydes also has the best bread on 7th Street. We were disappointed that paella was off the menu because it was a winner but we found equally good selections that had been added. The veggies and gnochi dumplings accompanying the brick chicken were especially tasty. Not to be missed is the brownie sundae, so delicious that extra spoons need to be passed around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3271 reviews are from the Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews archive.
- Ok DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014The dinner was ok. Was hoping for a quick bit before a movie. Ordered an appetizers, but it never arrived. The waiter was more concerned with filling our drinks than getting our food correctSpecial Features:
- disappointing visithoselDined on 5/19/2014generally my meals at Clydes at Gallery place are pleasant. I keep in mind that it will be a little hard to hear my guests, but the food is a good basic fare and reasonably priced. In the past the service has been a happy medium, reasonably attentive--not too much, not too little. on my last visit, the wait for our meal took forever and our waiter never came over to check on on us. When we asked for something, it seemed to take forever. The restaurant did not seem more crowded than on my past visits. Not sure why the problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyhourguyDined on 5/16/2014Very similar to other Clyde's eateries -- good food at reasonable prices. This place is deceptively large. The fried calamari was a pleasant surprise -- included some hot-mild peppers -- really good. My wife's burger was a little overdone, but other than that all the food was well prepared. The service was surprisingly attentive for a busy Friday night. Very close to the Verizon Center makes -- a great stop before or after any event there.Special Features:
- Dependably goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/15/2014Friendly server didn't rush us but still managed just over a 60 minute lunch. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodTheprez77Dined on 5/15/2014Waited forever for food. Epic lunch fail. We waited for 45 minutes for our food on a Thursday afternoon. No good.
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Good food. Nice ambiance. Many quiet tables if you want to talk, although you may have to tell them you want a quiet table. The bar was a madhouse (very noisy). Reasonably priced. It's a great place to dine if you're around the Verizon Center.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014Booth, good waiter (Fred), good selection, good specials, tastefully left alone (no pestering), fair price.Special Features:
- Yum!sonieblazeVIPDined on 5/13/2014It was my first time at Clyde's and I had their Atlantic Salmon salad. It was delicious! I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJed527Dined on 5/13/2014Food was great and quiet enough to carry on conversations. Service excellent and special are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatDaveDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I love coming to this Clydes. My wife had the tasty crabcakes and I tried their new BBQ brisket. The brisket was fantastic. Moist and smokey with a delicious sauce. I was a little skeptical about ordering brisket from Clydes, but, being a brisket lover, I couldn't resist and I wasn't disappointed. My wife's rhubarb-infused vodka lemonade was great and my draft beer was cold and fresh. We split the carrot cake. It was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionsBusyDined on 5/11/2014We came here for dinner prior to the Wizards game. Disappointed to find out that they ran out of catfish due to the earlier Mother's Day rush. Server appeared to be extremely busy although there were not that many diners in his section. Heard a diner behind me repeatedly ask him where her meal was. Ordered the crab cake sandwich with fries which was okay.Special Features:
- Perfect Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014My Mothers Days was perfect having dinner at Clydes of Gallery Place. The waiter suggested a wine and dinner possiblities and the service was top notch!!!! Looking forward to my next visitSpecial Features:
- Brunch at Clyde'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014I've been to Clyde's for dinner, but this was my first time for a meal earlier than that. The food itself was pretty delicious and filling. I didn't care for the trout deviled eggs, but I had a feeling I wouldn't. My cousin, however, loved them so it's all a matter of opinion. Service was mediocre. There are things that aren't on the menu nor were they stated without us mentioning we wish we could order them (French Toast, sides of eggs). Our waiter was somewhat snappy and there were miscommunications when he didn't respond if we asked for something. He heard us, but because he didn't acknowledge our request, we repeated ourselves. We both had blueberry pancakes which were great and the complimentary coffee cake is awesome.