Clyde's of Gallery Place
707 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clyde's of Gallery Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 2023493700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5pm; Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Clay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Emily Palm for more information.
- Special Events: Father's Day Brunch & Dinner
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Clyde's of Gallery Place
This grand Victorian saloon is on two levels, with four distinctive bars, including an oyster bar, and six dining rooms. Open for dinner til late in the evening, it is the perfect spot before or after a Verizon Center event, movie or the theatre, and is open for lunch and dinner daily, as well as Saturday and Sunday brunch. Be sure to check out our newest addition, The Alley Bar, on your next visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clyde's of Gallery Place reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (144)great for lunch (138)special occasion (93)neighborhood gem (84)vibrant bar scene (78)fit for foodies (67)great for brunch (58)kid-friendly (49)hot spot (48)romantic (46)late-night find (43)notable wine list (29)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Can Never Go WrongTomasVIPDined on 9/13/2014A great menu.....good food, good prices, great service. You just can't go wrong going to Clyde's. "C" stands for Clyde's Consistency. Been here countless times and you know you are going to enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TColesDined on 9/10/2014Nice convenient location for lunch/dinner. The food is good and the staff are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way to go Clydes!LepstahDined on 9/6/2014Howdy neighbors up at Clydes! I dined in with you after my Marvel Universe Live show. I had a party of 3 & we sat in the atrium. The hosts were pleasant, well dressed & professional. Our server was beautiful, kind, never intrusive but always around at the perfect time. We had Fried Green Tomatoes, Tomato Salad and Soft Shells for our apps - delicious. Well made, perfectly seasoned, nice presentation and speedy. Way to go BOH! We enjoyed our Pork Chop, Caesar Salad & fish but HAD to save space for dessert. The Pound Cake & Bread Pudding were delicious. Oh! Thank you for having a larger dessert list! Back tracking, I had a mojito from the bar, it was on point! All in all, great time! I appreciate your hard work, diligence & consistency!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of ClydesDbabe08Dined on 9/6/2014Clydes was not only visually appealing, but tastefully appealing. The services was top-notch and the prices were very good. The free coffee cake they give you was delicious. I had the soft-shell crab sandwich and it was the best I have had. My daughter had the lobster special and it was also very good. We loved our lunch and left with a smile on our face!Special Features:
- Lucky Reservation!DrtchrisDined on 9/5/2014Had old friends from Oregon visiting DC and wanted to take them to a great place Friday night for dinner. I acted too late and my first few choices did not have 7 pm time slots. Searching reviews found Clydes and it was perfect! The ambiance was great, the food was excellent, everyone enjoyed their dinner. A very reasonable and good bottle of wine (or two!) is always a plus to make the dinner affordable and enjoyable! The lobster special was a great bargain and delicious, and they are very accomdating about changing your sides without any hassle or "extra charges" which is refreshing. Love this place will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return?BillDined on 8/30/2014You bet we will. The food was just great and the service first class. Well done everyone. BillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minimal vegetarian optionsveggiedineDined on 8/30/2014While there were some vegetarian appetizers, they did not have an interesting entree that was vegetarian. The restaurant was well located and quiet enough to catch up with an old friend but it would be nice if there were veggie entrees with protein that didn't require special adaptations. Also I couldn't figure out which parking entrance was for Clyde's. "6th and G" is a little ambiguous. The Verizon Center parking there was closed. I parked across the street at full price.
- Good locationMickeyDined on 8/30/2014We had lunch with out-of-town friends. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal.Special Features:
- Great DiningDine2dayDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful place to dine. The food was fresh and carefully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Great FoodSusanVIPDined on 8/26/2014Clyde's is the kind of restaurant where you can grab a quick sandwich, an interesting main dish salad or a complete meal. The food is always delicious. Hot fresh bread accompanies the main dishes and ice water is automatically served. The dining room is wood-paneled, warm and inviting with large comfortable booths. Service is always excellent. The seasonal menus are wonderful as they highlight all the best produce available. Prices are very reasonable for such great variety and wonderfully prepared food. This is my neighborhood go-to eatery.Special Features:
- Never a Bad MealSusanVIPDined on 8/25/2014Because of Clyde's ever-changing seasonal menu, there is always something new and delicious to try. And try sampling on a Monday night when the wine is half price! Gives us a break on the bill and makes us keep coming back. Their ribs are succulent and still lots of delicious fresh fish during these summer months. Service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow servicewish4betterexperienceDined on 8/24/2014Calamari lacked seasoning and crab cakes took forever to come out. Server went missing for a long period of time.
- Our waiter was fantasticFoodDivaDined on 8/21/2014I was a bit concerned about trying Clyde's on a Thursday, thinking it would be jammed packed and noisy. The host was wonderful and gave us a great table. It was not far from the bar, but not so close that noise was an issue. Our waiter was excellent! He was very attentive, accomodating and friendly. The food was really good. We split the baby back ribs dinner, since I wanted a little more than just an appetizer. It was just enough food (for two thin women) and a well-rounded meal. The green beans were cooked perfectly, not overcooked like some restaurants. I plan that as my "go to" meeting place for now on.Special Features:
- usually everything is greatcharlieDined on 8/20/2014off night for food, turkey burger (usually great) was mushy, french dip was shredded and had and odd taste and the salmon was bland and not seasoned properly. Khalila the server saved the day by being wonderful. the ambience there is always good and it was againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Pleasant Lunch or DinnerTomasVIPDined on 8/20/2014Consistency is what you get at Clyde's--good, quality food; great service; and very fair prices. You can't beat it. It's always enjoyable. The staff makes you feel comfortable. It's one of those places that makes you want to come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent VisitLuLu98Dined on 8/19/2014We made an early dinner reservation ahead of a concert. Our table was ready on time. The place is usually bustling prior to a concert so make reservations several weeks ahead. Our server was very attentive without being intrusive. We split the calamari which was lightly battered and fried just enough. My dining partner had the blue cheese burger which came prepared exactly as he asked. The burger was slightly pink and almost melt in your mouth. I had the seared albacore tuna which was also pretty much perfect. The restaurant has excellent beer and wine choices. Some wine is available in half bottles. The pricing for the meals and the wines was modest especially given it is in D.C. We enjoyed the experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast, delicious dinnerbluejay83Dined on 8/19/2014My father and I went here before a concert at the Verizon Center. Although they were very busy, they got us in and out within an hour, knowing we had time constraints. The food was excellent and decently priced, especially the seafood!Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Took some visiting out-of town relatives here for lunch. Everyone had a different dish and no one was disappointed. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slowhillgirlDined on 8/16/2014Very generous roasted vegetable sandwich. Good beer selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best alwaysTXscubagalDined on 8/15/2014The food, service, and ambiance from visit to visit are consistent. Everything is great. Most of all, the food prices are reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ravensfan2Dined on 8/13/2014As always Clyde's, regardless of location, was excellent. Food and service was #1.Special Features:
- Service was not good. Food ok.FamOf5Dined on 8/11/2014Server apologized a lot for bad service. Dessert order was forgotten about. Steak wasn't tender. Fish portion was unusually small. Nachos were some warmed up chips with tomatoes dumped on, and a couple pieces of chicken. Specialty drinks had shavings of something like a fruit that was odd.Special Features:
- SUPER MealrichDined on 8/11/2014Great meal as always... fantastic service, great central locationSpecial Features:
- A fun place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014The location is great, which makes Clydes a good stop for dinner after a day visiting DC or before a night out in Gallery Place. The food was pretty good but not amazing, and the service was great aside from getting one entree order wrong. Cocktails were very sweet. Appetizers were great, and the ambience is cozy yet vibrant.Special Features:
- Great selectionBarbinDCDined on 8/7/2014There is something at Clyde's for everyone. That is what makes it so perfect when you done with several other people. I love their salads and the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Worst salad everRebeccaVIPDined on 8/6/2014Since the Cobb salad is no longer available, I ordered a Caesar salad with (fried) chicken tenders. The lettuce was warm and greasy. The whole salad tasted awful.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014Good food quality and selections Great service and friendly staff. A bit expensive but expected in DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great Place!!!!ReneeVIPDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant even with all its locations never fails to serve delicious food in a timely manner with courteous service. We arrived early, no problem!! Very gracious.... We can't wait to come again!!!Special Features:
- Waitress NyreeclydeschinatownDined on 8/2/2014She was very friendly, very pleasant, very attentive, very patient. Great waitress However, I ordered the turkey sandwich, NO CHEESE, well the order came with Cheese, and melted. I ordered french fries, NO SALT, well they had salt.Special Features:
- Great Centrally Located LocationBobManDined on 8/1/2014Clydes was the perfect place for an informal business meeting. The food and staff were accommodating to our needs and the food was wonderful. The staff placed us in the perfect location where we could not only discuss business but enjoy our food as well. I recommend this Clydes to all. - EnjoySpecial Features:
- ConsistencyTomasVIPDined on 7/31/2014Always a pleasant experience...good quality food, great service, good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerAGvolDined on 7/30/2014My family has been coming here for years, but this evening was particularly memorable. Our server was a true gem, so hospitable, and the food was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty, Saltyelsid1Dined on 7/28/2014The crab soup we had was salty. The pizza we split was salty (credited bacK) and the french dip I ate was salty. What's with the chef that day?Special Features:
- bad day?MelsDined on 7/26/2014I've Been Here Before And Had Good Service But Not ThisTime. Food Came Out Late And Salmon Was Dried Out As If Under Warmer Too Long. Had To Track Waiter Down Repeatedly For Food, Drinks, Condiments, And Plates.
- Phillip McSpaddenPhilDined on 7/26/2014I have been in the DMV for nearly 4 years and Clydes is my favorite place to Dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff is horrible!fitfoodieDined on 7/25/2014I used to truly enjoy this restaurant but the service i received this weekend was horrifying. Servers were dropping glasses in the dining area and then nonchalantly walking over the mess until management came. The waiter that we had was unprofessional, curt and inattentive. He walked by our table several times without looking over to check on us. 4+ servers were having a personal conversation right in front of our table. The staff used to be great but Saturday was truly a disappointment. I regret suggesting this restaurant to othersSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/25/2014I enjoyed our lunch, the service was wonderful and the food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOMD603Dined on 7/23/2014Very good service. Awesome food. Everyone enjoyed their food!!! They gave us a quiet spot where were able to talk freely.Special Features:
- Great choicenigelwVIPDined on 7/22/2014Recommended and last minute choice, was very pleased with everything.Special Features:
- Convnient and tastyPreferLaBergerieDined on 7/22/2014Cannot be beat for a quick bite before the theater, this place benefits from many rooms, each with a different vibe.Special Features: