5300 Sidney Simon's Blvd #14
Columbus, GA 31904Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.benschophouse.net/
- Phone: 7062560466
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday thru Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Dinner Friday thru Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Bar stays open later.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is available. Please call 706-256-0466 for details.
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday thru Saturday
- Special Events: Birthday, Business Events, Meetings and Special Occasions
A word from Ben's Chophouse
Welcome to Ben’s Chophouse, Columbus’ favorite for the best hand-cut steaks and freshest seafood around. We hope you enjoy your visit with us whether for a great time with friends and family or an upscale business dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ben's Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Columbus ›
Ben's Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Ft Benning GraduationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2013The surprise piece of gourmet cake topped with cream consumated a wondeerful dining experience. Our son did not have a well prepared steak for 14 weeks; when he finally did, Ben's prepared a great meal!Special Features:
- Excellent lunch spot!DixiedoodleDined on 10/24/2013Service, food, and atmosphere was great. We decided on the restaurant because we had coupons. We were delighted with the staff and the food. I had the burger with sweet potato fries. It was perfectly cooked and the sweet potato fries were awesome. Great location and excellent service. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatrobinj88Dined on 10/10/2013The chef's daily specials are usually the way to go (not that anything else isn't great always, because it is).....It's the only place in town that has a bone in filet that is very outstanding. And the pecan crusted chicken drizzled with honey is amazing too. These were both chef specials though but can't go wrong with anything that you palate enjoys. They also have great acoustic live music that's not too loud to talk to each other (and trust me, I'm hard of hearing). It's in my top 3 in Columbus for fine dining.Special Features:
- Food was prepared well andGood2goDined on 8/17/2013Food was prepared well and served promptly. Haley was very helpful with suggestions and was a very good waitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific SaladProTravelLLCDined on 8/2/2013The Salad with Seafood was a hit at our table! It comes with large grilled shrimp, large grilled scallops and lump crab meat on top! It is a meal into itself but the chef has no problem splitting it between two if you want to Oder a nice steak to go along with it! We did and we were very pleased not to mention very satisfied. We also would be remiss if we didn't mention the attention and politeness of the wait staff. They were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingDisappointedDined on 6/29/2013Waiter was good to excellent! That's we're the good stops. Way over priced for the quality. Bread served was way beneath what expected in restaurant that sells $45 steaks in Columbus,GA. None of the dishes we had were notable!
- Good chowArforgenDined on 5/10/2013Good chaw at an ok price point. Service was good. The curry chicken was surprisingly good, didn't expect that at a chophouse. Steaks were cooked correctly and all the food arrived hot and at the same time. Service was good and the manager checked on us twice. All in all a pleasant worry free dinner.Special Features:
- WondrrfulJustdiningDined on 5/8/2013My friends and i truly enjoyed our time a Bens Chophouse. We were a party of three on a Wedneday nite. We participated in the wine tasting and there was musical entertainment that we truly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointment!!lovegoodfoodDined on 5/3/2013My husband and I were very excited to use our dealsaver coupon for our anniversary dinner, sans kids. Needless to say, we were both very disappointed in the overall experience, especially with the main dishes. Our appetizer of raw tuna rolls were delicious however, the rest of the food was not. The food portions were small, the prices steep, and the taste lacking. The ambience was not what is expected for a chophouse. The music which was classic rock was playing too loud and seemed inappropriate for a chophouse restaurant. We purchased a second dealsaver coupon, and I do not know if we will be using it. We left the restaurant and went to another one because we were still hungry. The service was good, no complaints but not phenomenal.
- Too expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Really not sure the price matched the experience. A little too expensive. Maybe the band was not what I expected. I like more piano or jazz.Special Features:
- Good find for Columbus! FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2013Good find for Columbus! Food was very good, nice ambience and the jazz combo was a nice surpriseSpecial Features:
- Good Food and Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013The food was very good. We both enjoyed our meals. The ambiance was quite nice. It reminded us of places that we had been to in Savannah. The truly outstanding characteristic of the experience was the service. Kevin was our waitperson. He struck a perfect balance between being on hand for any need while remaining apart to permit our uninterrupted enjoyment of the evening. He was very informative and employed top-notch communication skills with a fine touch of humor. This was a first visit to The Chop House. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Loved the atmosphere at BensOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Great place for a gathering of friends or romantic night for two. Live music is always pleasant and not too much. Perfect atmosphere for making you feel good. Prices are kinda high so I would appreciate a few smaller potion option for a smaller price :)Special Features:
- The food was very good; andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2013The food was very good; and everyone was cordial and accommodating. The waitresses came across a tad inexperienced; however, they were nice, eager, attentive. This place will only get better. I'll be sure to dine with them again.Special Features:
- Excellent food, had the deliciousAnnieBananieVIPDined on 3/21/2013Excellent food, had the delicious lamb chops. Sabrina was pleasant server! Will definately come back, if I visit this area again!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2013Really enjoyed the service and atmosphere. Out of the 8 people in my group I was the only one who had ever been and they all said they would definately be back. Thanks for the great hospitality.Special Features:
- The atmosphere & service areOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013The atmosphere & service are always good. I decided to try something different on the menu instead of the usual filet that I enjoy so much. Unfortuantly, the seafood salad was very disappointing. It came on a bed of generic iceberg lettuce with 2 scallops and 2 shrimp for $20. The seafood tasted delicious, but 4 bites of seafood is not near enough for the price when it's served on cheaper lettuce.Special Features:
- good but servers need more trainingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013The food and environment was great. The reason I'm wasn't completely satisfied was the server. She was new and what not but she barley checked on us and left the empty beer bottle on the table. She was good in the beginning, until it got busy and then there was another couple beside us that starting getting unhappy so she only focus on them. We waited 45mins to pay our bill and in that time she was right by us about five times but only focus on the other couple. I understand they were a little shirt handed but all she had to do was turn around once she finish with that couple. The dinner was really good until then. So truly I don't know if I will come back or not.Special Features:
- Food was bad and it took aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Food was bad and it took a long time to get the food plus it was hard to get the waitresses attention
- A Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Everything was absolutely perfect. the food was delicious. our waiter was very courteous. our service was fast. our trip to ben's chophouse was the perfect ending to our first night as newlyweds. we will definitely be returning to this establishment.Special Features:
- We had reservations on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013We had reservations on a Saturday night. Our table was ready at the reserved time. The service was very slow that night. The food was tasty - I always enjoy the freshly prepared dishes at Ben's. We did not sit in the bar area, however, the live entertainment was loud enough to be somewhat bothersome during our meal. None of the negatives are enough to chase me away from Ben's. Though pricey for our family, Ben's is always on the list of favorites.
- Streaks were excellent qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Streaks were excellent quality and deserts seemed fresh. Outstanding quality. Service and knowledge of the product, something as simple as a beefeaters martini, was lacking. He was so clueless it became funny. Then my perfect manhattan ... he came back and said the bar had not vermoth. LOL. Then at the table he came back to announce this and as talking he stopped and said "hey wait, my manager is wanting to tell me something" ... he was right around the wall from where we sat. House salad he said was "mixed greens and not iceburg" and with that info, my Micheal changed from spinach to house. It came as a white bowl of iceburg. The server said, ha, the kichen is making me look like a liar. Then added " we are out of mixed greens."Special Features:
- Ben's was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/22/2012We've been going to Ben's Chophouse since it was opened. Excellent food including a proprieter's menu! Ben often comes to your table to get feedback! We recommend the wine tastings, and Ben will use those to update his wine list with those hidden gems. Save room for dessert because they are decadent and delicious! There's live music in the bar on weekends, and during the wine tastings. Whether it's an after work drink, or a special occasion dinner, Ben has you covered!Special Features:
- The waitress training saturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012The waitress training saturday evening was great. Everything was outstanding. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- We celebrated a boot campOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012We celebrated a boot camp graduation and got this restaurant off of a website referral.the food was not good.my shrimp was overcooked to mush and the beef tips were shredded beef.would not recommend.
- The experience was an awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/12/2012The experience was an awesome one! Thumbs up for the service too.Special Features:
- The dinner vibe was a crossOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/13/2012The dinner vibe was a cross between a bar style with TV and a romantic setting. Too much noise for a steakhouse with only three tables full there was no need to ruin the experience with tv dinner show. Otherwise, shrimp was slighty overcooked and fish special waz ok. Has potential to be a much better restaurant.Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2012During a business dinner with valued military customers they enjoyed the atmosphere, setting but most importantly the meal at Ben's Chop house.Special Features:
- We have lived in ColumbusOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2012We have lived in Columbus 2 years and finally decided to try Ben's. We should have saved our money. Food was just not good. Place smelled like the kitchen and atmosphere was terrible.
- EdKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2012Friends took me to Ben's at my request, for my birthday. Everything was PERFECT!!..Food, Ambience, Everything!! The server (Robert) did everything Perfectly. We stayed a long time...it couldn't have been better!!Special Features:
- Filet was overcooked, sentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012Filet was overcooked, sent back, and replacement meet MUCH better. Outstanding, in fact.Special Features:
- Service was great; food wasTeamCasonVIPDined on 7/2/2012Service was great; food was even better. Shrimp appetizer is to die for. Fried lobster tail is a must try as well.Special Features:
- Excellent steaks. They wentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2012Excellent steaks. They went out of their way to make the drinks the way we asked.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for Columbus.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2012Great restaurant for Columbus. The live band was a little to loud as those sitting in the dinning area had to talk loud to hear each other due to the noise of the band. Service was awesome and great to know the desert menue was hand made. The bone-in rib eye was great but a little to much fat on the steak. I ask the waiter not to cook my steak in the butter sauce but mention when he brought our food to the table the chef put the butter on the top of the steak anyway. I was about to send it back as it wasn't what I ordered. That's the only thing I didn't like. Carrot Cake and bread pudding was the bomb! Overall, great restaurant.Special Features:
- Over priced, food had no flavor,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Over priced, food had no flavor, also found it odd that our dish came out before we had even started are salad app. All I am saying is a steak takes longer than 3 minutes to cook. I'm guessing they might have par cooked some of the dishes to get ahead of the rush. The staff was top notch but ran out of high chairs even though we made reservations for 2 and a baby. They borrowed high chairs from the Japanese place next door. I salute our waiter for going out of his way for us though.Special Features:
- The food had a good tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2012The food had a good taste but my husband and I ordered our steak medium well and it was well done. The waiter acted like it was his first day on the job. Reading off of the menu reaching over our heads for our plates. It was a good dinner but for the price I expected what I am use to ....much better.
- Steak was 50% fat. Over priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012Steak was 50% fat. Over priced. Slow service . Will not return, very disappointed
- We took my parents to dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012We took my parents to dinner to celebrate their 59th anniversary. Top ratings all around=)
- Well it was vdays, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Well it was vdays, but the way our night played out was un-excusable. After attempting to switch reservations from 715 to around 8, the only available time was 915. Understandable because of the holiday. What was not ok was the fact that we stood until 950 to get our table. After seated, our server suggested that she would understand if we just left, using tone and attitude as if that was her preference anyway. Her attitude was rude and short, but that was only thing short. Our wait time for our food was almost as long as our wait time to be seated.after finally receiving our food, the crab meat on our lobster tails was so burnt we couldnt eat it. At this point we were so frustrated there was not going to be anything enjoyable.Special Features:
- Made for a great valentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Made for a great valentines date. We greatly enjoyed the jazz band. One bad mark was that they were backed up and even though we had a reservation we still waited 25 min.Special Features: