Matteo's of Hallandale
1825 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd.
Hallandale, FL 33009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Matteo's of Hallandale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.matteosristorante.com/
- Phone: 9544554050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Every day: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer take out for any size event. Tell us your plans and we will take the best care of your every need. If you like us to pamper you covering the smallest details we supply staff, the food, bar, rentals, etc.
A word from Matteo's of Hallandale
Matteos bring's a taste of Italy right here at home. The Sorrentino & Sbarro families from New York have been serving delicious platters of Italian comfort food for the past 25 years, and continue to do so at all of their nine landmark locations from New York to Florida. Eating dinner at Matteos is always an event whether with that special someone, the family or everyone you know. Contact us for your next party. Take out will never be the same once you take our intensely fresh cooking home to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Matteo's of Hallandale - Best Restaurants in Hallandale ›
Matteo's of Hallandale reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (22)special occasion (18)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- I've been a fan of Matteo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2013I've been a fan of Matteo's for a few years visiting locations in both New York State and Florida. The Hallandale locale is fairly close to where I stay during Christmas vacation. I heard a couple of years back that the original owners of the location sold and went on to open Luca Bella in Aventura so I kind of stayed away from this one until this year. Foolish decision. The place didn't lose a beat. Food is still freshly prepared to order, the wait staff are well-trained (and some quite amusing to chat with) and, of course, you need an appetite as even some of the "half"-orders are quite big (and require sharing in any case. No fancy "cuisine" but, sometimes, comfort food is not a bad luxury and Matteo's delivers on that in spades.Special Features:
- Matteo's, a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2013Matteo's is always on our "must eat" list when we come to Hallandale Beach each year. The staff is always pleasant and friendly. We have eaten at the restaurant with friends and young grandchildren. (They have both high-chairs and boosters.) The kids loved the mozzarella sticks and the pasta. We also like to order and pick-up when we have a group over for dinner. It's family style dining which enables us to share dishes. We especially love their red sauce. The shrimp and chicken parmigiana are 2 of our favorites. Whether we eat in or pick up to eat at home, we're never disappointed.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)VacationersDined on 1/1/2013The food was good and the portions would quite large. It was very busy and the server was not very attentive which was a bit frustrating. Getting our water refilled was a major task. It was still enjoyable and I would go back.
- Italian Family StyleBrianSVIPDined on 12/30/2012The food is always good at this Italian Family Style gem.Special Features:
- Disappointed in HallandaleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Not impressed. We paid eighty dollars for two sides and one app.without wine, dessert or coffee. The food was very mediocre, excessively saucy, to the point of overwhelming the flavor. Food comes without any sides! We had veal parm, immense but no side of pasta, etc. it would be more enjoyable to have a regular portion with some pasta on the side. Tjhe lobster ravioli had so much sauce one could not taste the ravioli. The salad (a la carte) was run of the mill. The mozzarella sticks, bread and butter were good. The service was poor. They were very busy but we had to wait excessively for everything, including having our order taken. The server was rushed and it was obvious the restaurant was understaffed.
- Worst dinner everSimoneVIPDined on 12/29/2012We were a group of 18 people, it was saturday night, and we decided to eat a good pasta at Matteo's. For our bad surprise, we had the worst service ever. The waiter was extremely rude, and he almost threw the plates on us. We were extremely disappointed.
- Good dealGaryVIPDined on 12/27/2012Really great food and friendly people. I will go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic, friendly serviceluv2dineVIPDined on 12/27/2012Fantastic, friendly service even durng a hectic holiday time. Great home cookin Italan food. Wonderful time. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- New York style Italian food.foodie305VIPDined on 12/24/2012New York style Italian food. Very tasty. The staff is lovely. I had clams casino, chopped salad and shrimp marinera. They were all delicious. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- we came on Christmas Day andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012we came on Christmas Day and the restaurant was packed. the service was poor, but the food is always good.Special Features:
- Very hospitable, good homeluv2dineVIPDined on 12/23/2012Very hospitable, good home cooking Italian. Generous portions. We will be back very soon!Special Features:
- We use to go to Matteo's severalSimoneVIPDined on 12/20/2012We use to go to Matteo's several times, as we have an apartment near the restaurant. We always find the service irregular. Sometimes they are very helpful, and sometimes not. The food is delicious, and that's the main reason we always go back to Matteo's. The restaurant will be a gem once they decide to improve their service.
- Excellent as usual. HaveaventurafoodieVIPDined on 12/15/2012Excellent as usual. Have been there so many times and never been disappointed. The service as well as the food is excellent. We have many options in this area but would not even go anywhere other than Matteos.Special Features:
- Very Disappointing - OrderedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/26/2012Very Disappointing - Ordered Veal Francese - Veal was okay - but coating like paste - drenched in liquid;. Pasta was okay, although Broccoli a bit overcooked. Just a mediocre Italian Restaurant as far as I am concerned - not worth trip or money.
- Doesn't compare to the 2 MatteosOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/22/2012Doesn't compare to the 2 Matteos on Long Island that we're familiar with, unfortunately. Needs work.
- Food and service were veryWeeklyDinersDined on 11/20/2012Food and service were very good. Had a problem with Maitre D' (sp) not recording "open Table Visit". We were 10 min early for reservation, announced it to host and followed up with phone call later that evening when I got home and saw cancellation. When I saw no change in cancel status I emailed Open Table who did correct. I would recommend this restaurant for all categories and hope the "cancellation notice" was just an oversight,Special Features:
- We were a table of 6 and hadluv2dineVIPDined on 11/17/2012We were a table of 6 and had to change our reservation to an earlier time and were accomodated beautifully. It was the perfect restaurant for everyone's tastes. The food was delicious. We had a feast! Great service!Special Features:
- absolutely wonderful evening.wineguyVIPDined on 10/26/2012absolutely wonderful evening. we were a party of 8 but all went well.Special Features:
- Delicious, generously proportionedluv2dineVIPDined on 10/18/2012Delicious, generously proportioned food served by veteran pros.Special Features:
- our reservation was honoredOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/29/2012our reservation was honored on time. the food was great!Special Features:
- My husband and I are hugeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2012My husband and I are huge fans of Matteo's. We went for our anniversary and everything lived up to their reputation. We started with the NY baked clams which was to die for (if you are from NY you cannot get this anywhere in Florida) Veal parm and a pasta dish with shrimps and clams again to die for. Their service and hospitality make for a great dining experience. Have never had a bad meal always beyond delicious!!Special Features:
- Not a courmet hot spot butsuzidbVIPDined on 9/5/2012Not a courmet hot spot but good food, service and good people.
- The staff is friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/14/2012The staff is friendly and caring. The food is fresh and deliciousSpecial Features:
- This was our second visit.YourcpaVIPDined on 7/27/2012This was our second visit. The restaurant is conveniently located between Ft Lauderdale and Miami. Both times we met out of town friends. The server let the water glasses go empty but the Captain kept a keener eye and corrected the oversight. Supervisory staff very attentive, almost to a fault. "Is everything OK" is appreciated once or twice but not when it interrupts guests' conversation. We have been both "in season" and "out of season" both times the food was excellent. In season I expect the food to take longer and the pressure to "turn over the table". This is summer in Florida, food served very promptly and the bill was placed on the table with the coffee - did the waiter have somewhere to go?
- Almost everything was great:SimoneVIPDined on 7/26/2012Almost everything was great: The food, the service... But we don't like the fact that they include a 18% gratuity in the account.Special Features:
- One of my favorites in southKevinVIPDined on 7/26/2012One of my favorites in south Florida! I've been going here for years and the service is consistently top notch, the staff are consummate professionals and the food is consistently fantastic. This restaurant has never disappointed and for that reason I enjoy giving gift certificates for this restaurant to special people around the holidays. They all say the same thing - "We loved it!"Special Features:
- New Owners don't do itOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/14/2012Matteos has become a food factoryThe waiters are programmed to throw the food at youAnd do not listen or prepare to your requestsThey also do not come to the table to see how your meal is going or do you need anythingWe had to stop other waiters to ask for things many times during our mealSince the new owners took over, it's lost its neighborhood feel and is just a average Resturant with average foodAnd high pricesSpecial Features:
- We were in Miami for one nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012We were in Miami for one night with a large group of 10 people, waiting to leave on a cruise the next day. Staying at a hotel only 20 minutes away, Matteo's came recommended to us by the hotel staff. The service was very friendly and inviting. The food was excellent, served in large family style portions. It was like going to a family reunion. The staff was great! We had a fantastic time, had great food and good wine. We will return!Special Features:
- MAIN COURSE A TREAT SAVE MONEYOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2012MAIN COURSE A TREAT SAVE MONEY & DON'T ORDER THE CCAESAR SALAT OVERPRICED WAY OVERPRICED
- consistently delicious foodKevinVIPDined on 6/22/2012consistently delicious food and exceptional service - never disappoints - EVER.Special Features:
- We LOVE Matteo's and are thrilledOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2012We LOVE Matteo's and are thrilled that it is so close to us!Special Features:
- the food and service are outstandinwineguyVIPDined on 6/7/2012the food and service are outstanding! we will be going back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2012Ate there based on a recommendation from a friend and she wasn't wrong. This place was awesome (take this from someone who lived in Italy for 5 years!)!! Not only was the food delicious, but the service was impeccable. Our waiter truly enjoyed what he did, and waited on us literally hand and foot. Seemed to be part of the experience for everyone. I will definitely return and recommend to friends. Well priced as well -- large dishes, enough to easily split between 2 people.Special Features:
- Go easy on the GarlicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012This is a regular stop for us, as we live in the area. Also, moving to Miami from N Y we've frequented their Long Island restaurants for years. The dishes come with Huge Portion. The Baked Clams are great, a bit heavy on the garlic. the Pasta is made with a nice natural tomatoe sauce. Since Mike left, and new management took over, the restaurant has improved. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed. Oh, try the Chicken LimoneSpecial Features:
- Great food. Attentive waitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/28/2012Great food. Attentive wait staff. Good wine. What else do you need?!Special Features:
- It was my worst experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012It was my worst experience in a long time. Our group had ordered a ceasar salad. When delivered to our table, the salad was all brown on the edge. I refused the salad. The server said that there was nothing wrong with the salad. I'm not stupid. I know the diffence. After a debate, he accepted to replace the salad. Fifteen minutes later, the manager came over and again told us that there was nothing wrong with the salad. We stayed for the entire meal but we should have left. I'm not sure what they did to our other plates in the kitchen. Will never go back and I tell everyone I know not to go there. Worst costumer service in all my life.
- Consistently good food andKevinVIPDined on 4/19/2012Consistently good food and service - exactly what you hope for when dining out.Special Features:
- consistently good food andKevinVIPDined on 4/15/2012consistently good food and great service - professional waitstaff - never been disappointed by a meal here. They recognize regulars and take appropriate care of them. Love the stuffed mushrooms, chopped salad and chicken milanese. Fantastic every time.Special Features:
- I LOVE THIS PLACE. THEaventurafoodieVIPDined on 4/13/2012I LOVE THIS PLACE. THE FOOD IS OUTSTANDING. THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. OUR SERVER ARTE WAS THE BEST. WE HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES AND HE REMEMBERS EXACTLY HOW I LIKE MY SALAD AND SERVES US WITHOUT RUSHING. IT IS ALWAYS A PLEASURABLE EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- Great food, Great waiter.RdC1965Dined on 4/8/2012Great food, Great waiter. Huge portions. Absolutely fabulous. Will definitely be back.Special Features: