187 Elm Street
Somerville, MA 02144Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.postoboston.com/
- Phone: 6176250600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Mon-Thurs: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner Fri-Sat: 5:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner Sunday: 4:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Joe Cassinelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chef Joseph Cassinelli is happy to help you create a unique menu that fits your event, budget and expectations, whether it"s a casual cocktail reception with wine, salumi and cheese, a Tuscan buffet with roast meats and vegetables, a classic
Italian family style dinner or a custom wine dinner ,we will help you to truly impress your guests. http://www.pizzeriaposto.com/cater.html
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning an intimate dinner with friends, a corporate luncheon, a festive rehearsal dinner, or a bridal shower, Posto is the perfect venue for you. In addition to the private dining room, our main dining room may also be reserved for a private lunch or dinner. We will work with each client to create spectacular, personalized events and assist with every detail- from the creation of the menu and the selection of the wines to any other event planning services needed.
- Private Party Contact: Cody Webber 6176250600x
A word from POSTO
Posto, a modern interpretation of a classic Italian pizzeria, enoteca and trattoria all presented in a “farm chic” open air concept, is a fantastic new addition to Davis Square. Specializing in wood fired Neapolitan Pizza and Italian cuisine. Our menu features handmade pastas, grilled meats and fish, specialty cocktails and an extensive wine by the glass list that is centered around “Enzo,” our imported Italian wine preservation system. Posto is an elegantly appointed venue with subtle contemporary and rustic sophistication providing a family friendly, approachable dining venue. We support local artists, farmers, and ranchers whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
POSTO reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (132)fit for foodies (112)romantic (59)special occasion (55)good for groups (53)great for outdoor dining (50)notable wine list (46)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (26)kid-friendly (24)late-night find (8)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great meal, charming serviceTCDarcyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Went last night before English Beat at Johnny D's. We couldn't have had a better meal! The service was perfect and the food was innovative and delicious. We started with the grilled octopus, the shrimp (amazing!) and bruschetta -- all incredible. My husband then got the cod (I believe wrapped in bacon)? He said it was wonderful. At one point they were setting up a table behind us with beautiful pink rose bouquets - I asked the general manager what the occasion was for and he explained that it was for two engagements and one breast cancer recovery. I thought and said -- that's a lot to celebrate! They even had made up special menus to celebrate and commemorate the wonderful occasion. I absolutely recommend this gem in Davis SquareSpecial Features:
- The following 882 reviews are from the POSTO reviews archive.
- Not a good valuetravelingmomDined on 6/23/2014Posto had a nice vibe and friendly staff and offered interesting menu selections. However, the prices were too high for the quality of food we received. I was really put off by the fact that virtually all of the appetizers were over $10 a piece. That's an uncomfortable price point for me when it comes to casual dining and Posto set a pretty high bar for itself given those costs. To me, it did not deliver. There are many wonderful spots in Cambridge and Somerville, I don't think I would choose to spend (so many of) my dining dollar here again.
- food2goodDined on 6/22/2014Real Italian pizza cooked in a wood fired oven with unusual toppings. DELICIOUSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Night with FriendsKRT86Dined on 6/22/2014My fiancee and I took our visiting friends here for dinner to show them a good wood-fired pizza place. We lounged over appetizers, many glasses of wine, leisurely entrees, and finally, a decadent slice of chocolate torte. We never were rushed, our waiter was full of delicious suggestions, and we laughed and talked over Posto's intriguing Italian wine selection.Special Features:
- Excellent food & service!KatieDined on 6/21/2014Posto was fantastic! Great seasonal food, great atmosphere, fantastic service, excellent drinks!! We love Posto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendliest place everGuitars1Dined on 6/21/2014Servers were very friendly. Nice, interesting room - we had a good spot by a window, which was the next-best thing to sitting outside. The calamari appetizer and the pizza were really good. We want to go back and try some of the other appetizers and pizzas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningSyndy1Dined on 6/20/2014My husband & I were celebrating an anniversary, we were given a nicely situated table & were treated exceptionally. The waitress (Jamie) was friendly, happy and attentive, she was fabulous!! The manager was charming & hospitable. The food was delicious, far beyond our expectations. (We had a combo ghocchi/spaghetti dinner and we were very pleased, we loved it! Meatballs were as good as all the reviews had said they were ... Dessert sampling was fabulous too! We loved the experience & we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeFgbfgbVIPDined on 6/15/2014We've been here several times and have never been disappointed. Excellent food and service. Lively atmosphere. Nice beer and wine choices. I'm a carnivore but opted most recently for a vegetarian dish and it was excellent. The place is a bit pricey but the overall experience has been worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dateAliGVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was amazing...I had the gnocchi and my husband had the chicken. Our server, Larissa, was the best...I'm so glad she took care of us because bad service can ruin the overall dining experience but she was top notch! Thank you!Special Features:
- amazingRP587Dined on 6/13/2014I went for the first time to posto on Friday June 13th... was surprising my boyfriend for a celebratory dinner... the Environment was great... service was spot on.. and the food was absolutely delicious... the menu was versatile and we enjoyed the authentic feel... overall great date night.. I was referred to posto by a friend and now I'm happy to say I would gladly recumbent posto to other friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencescarlettVIPDined on 6/13/2014My friend and I went here for dinner on a Friday night. We had reservations so we only had to wait about 10 minutes. I highly recommend making reservations. The parking is tough. What they consider a parking lot, is really just a driveway. I can fit more cars in my driveway then they can. I ordered the cod dinner. I told our server it was the best piece of fish I have ever had. My friend had the tortellini with crab. He was also very pleased. We split the Apple crostada for dessert. The dessert was wonderful! If you can sit in the little room at the back it is less noisy.
- Great every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/11/2014I've never gone to Posto and left unsatisfied and I've probably been there over 10 times. I do think some of the food is a bit overpriced and the ambience a bit more pretentious than it needs to be, but the servers really are very nice and the food is excellent. Plus, it's easy to get to and it's at the end of Davis where parking is a bit easier. This is a good stand-by for a double date or one on one! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a friend. Make sure you have the bread.Special Features:
- Posto is Perfecto!CarolDined on 6/11/2014We went for a special occasion and it WAS made more special by the terrific atmosphere-a quiet back room that looks out onto the light and crowd filled main room; a fabulous and delightful wait person named Jo Jo; and fabulous food-including a terrific "Verdure" plate designed for a discerning vegetarian!! A perfect evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again...JessVIPDined on 6/10/2014Posto does not disappoint with wonderful service and great food. The tiramisu was good but not great, though pizza and arancini were fab. A favorite spot for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatisTheFoodWorthItDined on 6/7/2014Food was good, maybe even very good but not great. Servers were cute, but service was just ok. Wrong drink came first time around. Food came too quickly -- didn't have time to finish appetizers before next course came. No clean plates came with the 2nd course though we specifically told the server we would be sharing. Pizza was good but not great. I won't go out of my way to go there again.
- Excellent food and great servicefrankcDined on 6/6/2014The homemade pasta with shrimp and pancetta to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, fresh pizzaLeniaVIPDined on 6/6/2014POSTO has a very laid back, casual vibe and the dining room is a nice, big, open space with an open kitchen. They make their pizza to order in a wood fired oven and so the end result is an extremely fresh, soft dough that tastes delicious. I especially loved their white pizza with mushrooms and spinach. I'm looking forward to going back for their pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From CAwinnieDined on 6/5/2014Hotness remembered that we are celebrating a graduation when we walked in. Server was great as well, exuberant lady. Pizza was good, pasta was average. Good neighborhood restaurant. Nose level was a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeKtn13Dined on 6/5/2014Went with friends we all ordered different pizzas to share. Everything was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & ambianceluvvarietyDined on 6/4/2014I was very pleased with my experience at Posto. The food & ambiance were excellent. I had to wait for over 20 minutes despite showing up on time for my reservation....that was annoying but the staff was courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrDRGACambridgeVIPDined on 5/28/2014My spouse and I get to Posto every couple of months. Since winter, there has been a noticeable trend toward mediocrity from a kitchen that had previously been consistent and inventive. Even the signature arancini appetizer, which has been a mainstay here, is todfay bland, served with a sauce that, while still homemade, also lacks distinction. And we really miss the halfplate options that used to be on the menu.
- MalalaDined on 5/23/2014Loved it. Amazing desserts!!! Food and wine are great too but desserts are to die for! Loved the atmosphere too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food, nice atmos, slow svcNewtonMomDined on 5/21/2014The food is terrific and, for the quality, reasonably priced. Rosemary sea salt bread is fantastic. Entrees and pizzas all were great. Restaurant has a nice ambiance -- energetic and visually appealing without being over-the-top noisy. This would be a five-star review except for the very, very slow service. It was on a Wednesday night. We had a reservation so we got seated right away, but I think it was about 45 minutes before even our appetizers showed up, and then another very long wait for the entrees. It's nice not to be rushed, but this was excessive. Waitress never apologized or explained the delay was unusual. Since this was our first time, I don't know if this was unusual, or the norm. We would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EstherDined on 5/21/2014I thought that the ambiance was great. There were a lot of people having a good time. The restaurant is noisy, but the tables are small, so conversation isn't a problem. Although the food is good, I think that Posto is expensive for what you get. For example, the soft shell crab appetizer cost $14 and was 1 small crab on top of a large piece of toast. I would like to go back and try the pizza, which looked delicious.Special Features:
- Overpriced blah food4disappointeddogsVIPDined on 5/20/2014Hate it when you go to a restaurant with nice decor, plenty of seating, outdoor dining, nice service staff but the food is horrible. I went there with a party of four and none of us enjoyed our food. Should have seen the signs when the waitress plopped a glass with sticks of dough to pass off as bread which made us think they were feeding us dog scraps as it was not appealing and insulting as it was cheap and not clever. Food: pizza dough undercooked and the topping must be tossed on at the last minute as the cheese wasn't even really hot like it should have been on a proper pizza. Other entrees were over salted and really bland. None of us will not be going back as prices were way overpriced and food not enjoyable at all.Special Features:
- don't bother making a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014You will still have to wait 30 minutes or more to be seated, and over an hour to eat.
- Miss the muslesTracyVIPDined on 5/17/2014We frequently dine at Posto because we love it there. This was actually the first restaurant we went to after our daughter was born because I was dying for the Montepulciano and the muscles (I couldn't eat them while I was pregnant) come to find out the muscles are no longer on the menu! I implore you please bring them back, they were one of the best things on your menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ItalianRebeccaVIPDined on 5/15/2014Great food and lively atmosphere. Kind of noisy on a Thursday evening, but everywhere else in the area is also. Nice décor, pleasant staff. Good table by the window. The only problem, and it's not unique to this place, is that even if you have a reservation, you can end up waiting 20 mins. for a table. We were exactly on time for a 7:15 slot, but didn't get seated until 7:35. Will definitely return, however, because the food is excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014It's my neighborhood restaurant. Everyone I bring there loves it! Lots of vegetable dishes, great wine. Definitely one of the best restaurants around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaRachDined on 5/11/2014We thought the pizza menu was particularly inspired. Mine had caramelized onions, Gorgonzola crema, cauliflower and brussel sprouts!Special Features:
- Pizza and Salads ExcellentGailVIPDined on 5/11/2014Pizzas were very good. Would like a larger selection White anchovy Ceasar was outstanding Should upgrade your Bourbon cocktails to Markers Mark from Four RosesSpecial Features:
- Animal Lovers Take NoticeBostonfoodDined on 5/10/2014The table behind us ordered the pig roast. Not only was the whole roasted pig trotted out for viewing before carving, but the head was returned to the table for prominent display throughout the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gemGlenDined on 5/10/2014Server was pleasant, attentive, and accommodating. Food was excellent. A little gem in the midst of Somerville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Summer MustKRT86Dined on 5/10/2014Posto is a favorite of mine for two reasons - their Aperol spritz, and their wood-fired pizza. I can't find a pizza like this anywhere else. Sitting out on the sidewalk with a cocktail enjoying dinner in the summer is a little bit of heaven. My only critique is that sometimes their pizza toppings get a little odd - if you order prosciutto on the pizza they put it on after it is cooked - why wouldn't you cook it this is the best part!Special Features:
- Great Food!Kelly783Dined on 5/7/2014Everything was fabulous, the only thing that was a little bothersome was the tables are really close together. I got my chair bumped a few times by servers trying to get by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHairgrrlVIPDined on 5/6/2014Posto is our "go to" place in the neighborhood. The homemade pastas can't be beat, the pizzas are yummy, and the cocktails and wine list are superb!Special Features:
- Great spot for dinnerFitzyDined on 5/3/2014The food was excellent as was the service. We arrived very early due to great parking luck and took a seat in their very small "lounge" area. We were able to get a couple of cocktails in no time at all and we were seated early. My wife is gluten free which can be a challenge at an Italian restaurant but she had plenty of options. She also asked for a side of polenta which she got moments later. It was also excellent. Appetizers, dinner, dessert and cocktails were all first rate.Special Features:
- Good food but the service was badChloeDined on 5/3/2014I like POSTO but Saturday night was busy and the service wasn't great because the server took our order and disappeared. All the servers were in a frenzy, it seemed, and it was hard to get any servers attention. Our food came so quick (way too quick) and we didn't get our wine or bread and I couldn't get his attention and had to waive down another server so it kind of ruined the meal. Within minutes of our being seated the server took our order and then the food came in 10 minutes with nothing else. He never checked on us after taking the order or after the food came. I had to ask the guy who brought the food where our wine was. Obviously if you order a bottle of wine you want to get the wine first.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!ChrysalidsDined on 5/3/2014We had a wonderful night at POSTO. They seriously went above and beyond. I mentioned casually in our reservation that it was our anniversary and that it would be nice if we had a quieter table, and they not only gave us possibly the best table in the house, but gave us complimentary Prosecco and came out with Tiramisu at the end of the night with a candle and a quiet "Happy Anniversary" song. It was wonderful and completely unexpected. Besides the special treatment, the food was absolutely delicious and the atmosphere was perfect for a casual, romantic night out. The staff were incredibly attentive and kind. All around, a wonderful dining experience. I would recommend this place most highly to any and everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceCheese4lifeDined on 4/30/2014We went for a special occasion to celebrate my cousin's dissertation finale. She could not have been happier. Delicious, rustic cuisine. Great atmosphere. Private enough to have good conversation, yet lively and energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.