Hana Zen Sushi Bar - Pier 39
Pier 39, Suite M.209 (Beach & Embarcadero)
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Hana Zen Sushi Bar - Pier 39
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hanazenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4154218822
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:30 pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Hana Zen Sushi and Yakitori Bar at Pier 39 has an expansive bay view of Alcatraz and Golden Gate Bridge. We offer excellent sushi, sashimi, teriyaki, yakitori, premium sake, wine, liquor and cocktails.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We bring our sushi chef to make the catering party more enjoyable.
- Private Party Facilities: Pirvate dining with the view of Alcatraz and Golden Gate Bridge.
- Private Party Contact: Angie Louie 4159714548
A word from Hana Zen Sushi Bar - Pier 39
Hana Zen Sushi and Yakitori Bar at Pier 39 has an expansive bay view of Alcatraz and Golden Gate Bridge. We offer excellent sushi, sashimi, teriyaki, yakitori, premium sake, wine, liquor and cocktails. The new Hana Zen at Pier 39 offers more seating capacity. We can cater for wedding, birthdays, anniversaries and other special events. We are proud to preserve the traditional Japanese cuisine. We use the highest quality of fish, vegetables and meat like Kobe beef and lamb.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hana Zen Sushi Bar - Pier 39 reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (7)special occasion (5)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- I had the Lion King for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2011I had the Lion King for the first time and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. Also had a bite of my husband's teriyaki plate and it was sooo flavorful. Kudos to the chefs! The restaurant was unfortunately quite empty but that guaranteed us a bay window which was a real treat! The waiters were very nice, they took pictures of us, the Maitre'd was perfect.Special Features:
- Great service and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/11/2011Great service and attentive management. Food presentation was beautiful and sushi was very fresh. Will definitely go back for another special event.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2011Rec'd gift certificate for Hana Zen. Absolutley fabulous! proably some of the best Sushi I've had. The staff very, very nice and delivered to our table a wonderful "birthday" dessert. I would have to say Hana Zen exceeded our expectationsSpecial Features:
- they don't have skewers!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 3/4/2011We went to Hana zen thinking that they offer both sushi and yakitori just as their downtown location does. Unfortunately, when we went there, we found out, that they don't offer yakitor due to their grill not meeting the pier's regulation or rules. Sushi was good but I was little disappointed that they don't offer yakitori. Also when we wen there, there were only another couple eating at the restaurant. Since they have a big space, it made it look even more empty than it was.
- Dined here for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011Dined here for Valentine's Day with my boyfriend. The space is beautiful with bay views and modern design. The servers were very attentive and friendly. The sushi was good, but definitely not the best I've ever had. They brought a rose with the check for Valentine's Day which was a very sweet gesture :)Special Features:
- We enjoyed the Hana Zen combinationMewsrusDined on 12/31/2010We enjoyed the Hana Zen combination special including Tempura and Teriyaki Chicken. The portions were plentiful and the chicken was moist and had a crispy skin top. The salad and soup were also good size. The California Roll was fresh and tasty. The view of the Golden Gate Bridge was great.Special Features:
- The sushi was very good. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 12/11/2010The sushi was very good. Very good interior and wonderful view. But overall it was too pricey. The special rolls are quite small portion. The dinner special with 2 items, rice, salad and miso soup was almost double the price compare to other fine Japanese restaurant. There were only one waitress and one bus boy running through the whole restaurant. The waitress was really running, no kidding. She worked very hard but we still waited for our service all the time. This was not the service we paid for.Special Features:
- Gorgeous view of AlcatrazOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/22/2010Gorgeous view of Alcatraz and the Bay. High quality fish. Exquisite presentation. Delicious spicy scallop and hamachi roll. Lamb chops are also note-worthy.Special Features:
- A great addition to Hana Zen'sOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/12/2010A great addition to Hana Zen's Union Square location. The fish is very fresh. The appetizers are delicate. And the portions are very generous. The view is of the Bay Bridge, Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and Angel Island. The grill, however, is not working yet, but I am sure the yakitori will be as goo as their Union Square location.Special Features:
- With so many great placesOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/16/2010With so many great places to choose to eat in SF, it was a nice surprise to trek down to Pier 39 and find a noteworthy sushi place with an incredible view. I typically would not go down to the pier for food, but it was recommended by friends and living in Russian Hill...it was a quick jaunt. Service was pleasant and attentive without being overbearing. Sushi was wonderful with exceptional presentation. Definitely would love to go back once they have their liquor license in place. This was just one of the disappointments, but understand it being one of the quirks of doing business here in SF...red tape.Special Features:
- It is so nice to have a reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2010It is so nice to have a really nice Sushi restaurant at Pier 39!Special Features:
- This place is clearly gearedLovecalistogaDined on 9/30/2010This place is clearly geared towards tourists who have never had sushi. Most rolls have cooked or tempura fish. It is a terrific location, but I wouldn't go back.