300 112th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bellevuehilton.com/
- Phone: 4254551300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:00am - 10:30am, Sunday: 6:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Juan Luna
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Settle in for the rich vocals of Seattle's own X-Factor star, Phillip Lomax. His unique style and superstar personality are unforgettable. With our specially crafted vintage cocktails and French-inspired three-course menu, you'll be ushered back into the era of crooner cool and swinging classics. Future dates August 4th, September 8th 2012 from 6pm-9pm.
- Special Events: Enjoy a night at Basil’s Kitchen filled with the “spectacular voices” of Public Opera combined with a special three course menu produced by our Executive Chef Juan Luna. Show starts at 6pm on the 3rd Sunday of each month for 2012.
A word from Basil's Kitchen
Come delight in our fresh, Northwest cuisine. Linger in our warm, relaxing atmosphere. Taste, Savor and Enjoy. Your always welcome at Basil's. Conveniently located inside the Bellevue Hilton Hotel our menus feature palate-tempting entrees for lunch and dinner plus our Chef inspired breakfast buffet served daily. Your table is waiting...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Basil's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Group visitHongermaatjieVIPDined on 9/6/2013Made a reservation or a group of 17 but only had one waiter. Service was extremely slow and frustrating. Food was good but do not take karge groups hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchcozyDined on 6/14/2013We had a nice quiet table and our group of 8 had a nice visit and felt we were in a private place. The food was good and everyone was served at the same time. Our only problem was the waiter was obviously new and was still learning. He forgot to bring things, such as catsup, and we had to remind him. He needed to check on answers to questions. He will learn and gain the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People in Restaurant were friendlykmkkDined on 6/2/2013Buffet was not at the caliber I expected. All food good and fresh. Variety for a small restaurant brunch crowd good. Service was great. Buffet was continually replenished. More options for omelet bar would have made experience better.
- Mother's Day evening dinneraquanutDined on 5/12/2013We came in well after the Mother's Day brunch crowd had left and the restaurant had a small number of patrons. The hostess and waitress were attentive and pleasant. We had the roasted golden beets and asparagus salad and filet mignon with wild mushroom sauce. It was all well prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- Mom's BrunchpickyeaterDined on 5/12/2013I couldn't have been more pleased with selecting Basil's Kitchen for Mother's Day Brunch. I booked reservations online a bit late in the week so I reserved 2 tables for our party of 5 as I couldn't get what we needed online. When we checked in our hostess was more than willing to accommodate our party into one table. At regular intervals, they kept notifying us how much longer it would take for our table to be ready. We were not bothered by the extra few minutes we were so glad that we would be able to sit together. My mom is a vegetarian other than when it comes to lamb, she had two servings. My picky 17 year old said the food was great and that most buffets have mediocre but that Basil Kitchen had terrific food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basil's BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Brunch is over priced and the quality of the food average. Service was non-existent and we had to pay $30 for it because they tack 18% on your bill, this was a party of 5. I do not recommend this restaurant especially for special occasions.
- Service not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013This was are 3rd year coming here for Mother's Day Brunch. The 1st year was the best. Great selection of food, decent service & the mother's were all given a flower when they arrived. Our kids especially liked the chocolate & carmel fountain with a large selection of fruits & goodies to dip in it. The cost of Brunch is high, but the kids loved it so much we went again the next year. The 2nd year was still a good experience. However, this year was very disappointing. First, we were seated up front by the hotel lobby & Tully's, no flowers for mom's, were under staffed & we had a hard time just getting coffee. Had to get up more than once to get any service. No chocolate or carmel fountain, just a bowl of melted chocolate.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013Omlet bar is the best. That alone keeps us coming back! Mothers Day Brunch is amazing.Special Features:
- For a hotel restaurant theHowardr48VIPDined on 5/4/2013For a hotel restaurant the food was quite good. I had their halibut entree and my wife had the crab cakes. Very enjoyable. Being in a hotel the restaurant did not have many patrons. Which is a shame. The ambiance is quite nice and the quality coming from the kitchen should serve to draw more customers.Special Features:
- We really enjoy the fact thatcozyDined on 4/13/2013We really enjoy the fact that we can carry on a conversation. It is so peaceful and quiet. Unfortunately, the quiet is because few people seem to know about this gem. We can dine at a reasonable price and they accept Passport Unlimited card. That is a plus for people like us on a fixed income. Most of all, the food is good and so is the service.Special Features:
- Our reservations were madeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Our reservations were made on Open Table so we didn't know that it was for the last seating for Easter brunch.Our table service was very good, but the food was barely warm and carts were out to get ready to take the buffet food away before we were finished, except for the dessert. I guess they thought we had been there long enough but I'm not sure that we were there even for an hour. Not a good feeling. We went to Basil's last Easter and had a lovely experience for the same family members. I don't know what time those reservations were for but I don't think it should matter since we paid the same price as everyone else yet felt rushed and had cool food this time. I would recommend Basil's as long as you know you have early reservations.
- our evening dinner very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013our evening dinner very good fri. night. Sat omelete not good, service good. sunday brunch good, but our server left us..we sat long time for our bill. We were trying to get out of town early. so sometime food good, sometimes not...sometimes service good, sometimes not... hope that helps
- The food was not that good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/22/2013The food was not that good. It was very average. This was the main reason for a 'Fair' rating.
- A bad night chosen for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/8/2013A bad night chosen for dinner since only the manager was available for ordering and serving. Although we ordered separate dishes, they both looked similar except mine had ravioli and the other had gnocchi under the "sauce". Fortunately it was not crowded so we were spared a long wait for very unremarkable food.
- food was okay. several itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/10/2013food was okay. several items at breakfast buffet looked dry from sitting out. best items were the freshly made waffles and omelet barSpecial Features:
- Had a good dinner here before.JosephVIPDined on 1/30/2013Had a good dinner here before. This is my second time, and really wanted to try the citrus marinated ahi tuna. Salad was fresh, however, tuna seemed not the best quality, taste was also blend, could not taste the cirtus marinated flavor.
- The service was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013The service was outstanding, and the brunch wasn't so overwhelming with too many options that you didn't know where to begin or felt like you weren't able to try just a little of everything. I also thought it was nice that you had the option of a breakfast menu as well which catered to people who know exactly what they want and don't need so many options. Overall, I felt they did a great job and i'm excited to try there lunch.Special Features:
- Nothing specialLValentineDined on 1/20/2013Sunday brunch was nothing special, standard breakfast fare with the option to order from the lunch menu. The restaurant is inside of the Hilton Hotel. We ordered from the lunch menu as the brunch buffet was so disappointing, the of the four orders two came incorrectly. The salads were wilted, steaks overcooked and and chicken clearly packaged. Not a recommendation if you are looking for something special.
- Good enough for a hotel restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012We did not realize this restaurant was in a hotel lobby -- that detracted from the ambience quite a bit. The food was overseasoned like typical hotel food, but was decent enough. The service was great. We had the place to ourselves (not many folks in a hotel a few days before Christmas).
- Not bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012Not a bad place. Good location if staying at the hotel. Place was empty...so very quiet, but not much of an experience. Food was ok, but overpriced.Special Features:
- Risotto was really good, creamyfirsttimerDined on 12/1/2012Risotto was really good, creamy and soft. Special of the night was a 4oz steak and 4oz salmon, good value, wish the steak wasn't cut so thin. $4 salads was good, feta cheese and huge tender asparagus.Special Features:
- This was a last minute reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012This was a last minute reservation and we had to take an early morning reservation, but it was well worth it. We are going to the Xmas brunch it was so good. The service was the best I've had in the Seattle area.Special Features:
- Basil's Kitchen is a 5 Star spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2012Basil's Kitchen has by far one of the Best Brunch Buffets on the entire Eastside. The Omelet Chef does a superb job and the freshly made waffles with all the possible toppings make this place special. We love the amazing fresh fruit display.Special Features:
- The food selection off theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2012The food selection off the menu and for buffet were both good. A lot of food choice for a great price at the buffer. The staff was very friendly and service was good. wouldgo back again.and not just fo rspecisl occasions!Special Features:
- We were there for Opera NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/16/2012We were there for Opera Night which is on the third Sunday each month.Special Features:
- We attended Public Opera night.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2012We attended Public Opera night. It was a wonderful chance to hear the singers up close and we plan to attend again.
- good experience, would go again.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/23/2012overall a fine experience and i'd go back again. not exceptional, but i had a business lunch there and it was centrally located, tons of parking, nice view, i'd do it again.Special Features:
- After reading rave reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012After reading rave reviews about Basil's Kitchen brunches, we invited some friends to join us for brunch after church. Perhaps it was because we ordered off the regular breakfast menu instead of opting for the full brunch, but our crab fritta was very mediocre. The eggs were dry with a rubbery glob of fontina cheese on top. The crab filling was mundane. We were frankly disappointed. We had enjoyed a good breakfast at Basil's last year, but this meal was not up to our expectations.Special Features:
- Really had a nice time andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2012Really had a nice time and the food was great.... thanks.Special Features:
- THe singing was wonderful.CCBacchusVIPDined on 7/15/2012THe singing was wonderful. The food just ok. A very limited menu, although at reasonable price. Wish the food had been better and the evening would have been outstanding.
- We had a group of 8 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2012We had a group of 8 people for a business related lunch meeting. The round table was just right for this, and we had a nice time. We would definitely do it again.Special Features:
- Great Service, food so soOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/18/2012I was not impressed with their food. It seems to be a little over price and over cooked. The wait staff was great and very helpful. My friend order one of their steaks and asked for it to be medium rare, the steak came out medium well to well done. He said the sauce and the other items on the plate had great flavors. I order a Manicotti dish; it came out with hard over cook pasta shells that were in the oven to long. Again the sauces were great in flavor. The waiter felt bad about this and offered us free dessert. I do not think I will be back or unless they improve on cooking the food right.
- We loved Loved LOVED the father'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012We loved Loved LOVED the father's day brunch. Both kids wanted to go back for their birthdays and we will be making it a fathers day tradition. The food was outstanding and the service was amazing. If you are looking for a quaility all you can eat brunch for under $50 a person try basil at the bellevue hiltonSpecial Features:
- The food was average in aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2012The food was average in a nice hotel environment with good service - it works for convenience as a hotel guest but not a destination. Bellevue offers many excellent restaurants within minutes (and reasonable walking distance)- try those first.Special Features:
- One of our favorite places to dine.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/3/2012A+++ Basil's is our current favorite Brunch. There are so many awesome options and fresh food choices. We will be back.Special Features:
- We have dined at Basil's onOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/28/2012We have dined at Basil's on several occasions, both lunch and dinner and have enjoyed its location, food and service.Special Features:
- Too expensive for the smallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Too expensive for the small amount of food I was able to eat.Special Features:
- Great for special occassionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012We were the first ones there for lunch on a Saturday with a large group. We were attentively catered to. The food was excellent and the service was great. We will be back!Special Features:
- The food was okay. But serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012The food was okay. But service was bad! Got my daughter's order wrong, when i repeated it twice to the server. I believe he was the manager there? He was rude and had no personality. We weren't greeted friendly. He needs to smile. Never once came around once to see how we were doing. While it wasn't even busy at all! I would not go back here again!
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012This was the first time we've taken the family here for a holiday brunch and we were very impressed. The buffet was one of the biggest and varied we've seen, outside of Las Vegas. The food was good. No one had a complaint and we enjoyed our mimosas which were included in the price!Special Features: