Macy's - The Oak Grill
700 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Macy's - The Oak Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.macysoakgrill.com/
- Phone: 6123752938x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11am to 3pm
Tuesday thru Thursday 11am to 7pm
Saturday 11am to 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Carlos Cajamarca
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For Macy's off site catering in the Minneapolis area please visit www.designcuisinecatering.com.
- Special Events: Join us for dinner before your concert or theater event. Present your event ticket and receive a complimentary glass of house wine with your entree. Evening and weekend parking included.
- Cross Street: 8th Street
- Public Transit: Located off of Nicollet Mall between 7th & 8th.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking available in the parking ramp PARK & SHOP adjacent to Macy's Department Store or several other downtown ramps. Parking is included evenings & weekends.
A word from Macy's - The Oak Grill
A Minneapolis tradition was born on October 2, 1947, when the Oak Grill opened for business. Architect Bob Hansen used characteristics from the Jacobean period in the design of the rooms. The ornate fireplace, originally from Salisbury, England, was over 300 years old when it was transported in sections and reassembled in the Oak Grill. With its solid oak columns and vast frame, it soon became the room's focal point. Its distinctive appearance, along with dark paneling, red chairs and dim lighting, help give the Oak Grill its cozy ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Macy's - The Oak Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Macy's - The Oak Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (34)special occasion (19)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Oak Grill is an annual traditionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2011Oak Grill is an annual tradition for the Macy's Flower Show. Very much enjoyed over the years.
- A great "old times" restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2011We really enjoyed our lunch. It's a classic timeless place that evokes memories of the "old" Dayton's days. The food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- Oh my word, was even betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2011Oh my word, was even better than what I expected. My parents, first visit and they continue to tell everyone how wonderful, relaxing special they felt. Went for his birthday and they also surprised him with a dessert that was truely unexpexted and really put it over the top for them both. Thank you so much for making it a special time for all of usSpecial Features:
- Service was fine and lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2011Service was fine and lunch items were good. Reservation was during busy Macy's Flower show. Many elderly guests standing in the hall waiting for a table- overheard more than an hour wait. Many tables were open on inside. Seemed to be maybe short-staffed.
- 11 of us went for lunch. NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/201111 of us went for lunch. Nice to see a menu with numerous healthy selections. Very little fried food if any. Everyone ordered something different and all were excellant. Would go back in a heartbeat. The tab was $175.00 which included a few drinks excluding tip. Excellant waiter.Special Features:
- The Oak Grill remains oneTegaVIPDined on 3/25/2011The Oak Grill remains one of my very favorite restaurants in Mineapolis. The food is consistently of high quality! I always look forward to the popovers a real treat. It is truly a treawure in the Minneapolis food scene.Special Features:
- I've been going to the OakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2011I've been going to the Oak Grill Room for as long as I remember. Always a great place for a relaxing lunch before or after shopping downtown.Special Features:
- Had the daily Irish specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2011Had the daily Irish special and the meat was cold and tough. Popovers are a great start at Oak Grill, but the waitress was inattentive until she served them. May seeem that since we were older women that lunch "hour" timing was not essential as not everyone seemed to have deferred service.Special Features:
- Very nice dinner, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2011Very nice dinner, wonderful service. Popovers are always a special treat. Nice place to have dinner before going to an event. Get in Get out get on your way all with a special feeling.Special Features:
- I had a coupon from a ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011I had a coupon from a Christmas visit to the Oak Grill, which was my first time there. I decided that it would be perfect for a Valentine's dinner with my husband--and it was. The food was excellent. My entree was the salmon, which was top-notch, and my husband loved the walleye as well. The ambience was lovely--old-fashioned in the best sense of the word. Our waitperson was friendly, helpful and brought the food in good time. I'll be recommending the Oak Grill to my friends.Special Features:
- Perfect for a fancy dinnerKNMalDined on 2/11/2011Perfect for a fancy dinner downtown without all the noise.Special Features:
- Ate here for Lunch and itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/10/2011Ate here for Lunch and it was very good. The food was perfect. The only downfall is the menu is limited. Other then that everything was great.
- I hadn't been there for yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2011I hadn't been there for years and years since my Grandma worked there. It was quiet elegance in the middle of a shopping day. What a great break, and I will be Back! (ps, everyone told me it was really expensive, but if you aren't drinking at lunch, it's right in there with anywhere downtown.Special Features:
- Everything was fabulous, especiallyLubnaDined on 1/21/2011Everything was fabulous, especially the popovers. i would go there again and again!Special Features:
- Consistently good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2011Consistently good food and service. Changes occur on a regular basis, however, they continue to have interesting choices on a regular basis as well.Special Features:
- Still one of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/14/2011Still one of my favorite places to go. Food is always great, service is usually very good.Special Features:
- I have loved this place sinceJujuFreemanDined on 1/14/2011I have loved this place since I was a child and Dayton's was in it's heyday. My sister and I, now in our late 50's went to the Oak Grill for my birthday and it was still the nostalgically lovely place it has always been - heavy dark wood, classy atmosphere, and yummy food. I had the almond crusted walleye which was superb and of course the popovers are yummy!Special Features:
- The softball size popoverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2011The softball size popover was out of this world. The butternut squash ravioli was good but the chocolate cake was fair.Special Features:
- I have always loved the OakOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/5/2011I have always loved the Oak Grill. It is perfect for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Crab and shrimp salad tastedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/3/2011Crab and shrimp salad tasted bland. I normally love the food at the Oak Grill.