433 W. New England Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mitomatina.com/
- Phone: 3219724881x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday- Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jose Baranenko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mi Tomatina's catering options range from a Back Yard Paella Party to a multi course Tapas Dinner. We can either deliver everything prepared or our chefs and servers can enhance your party at your location.
- Entertainment: $3.00 Cava (Spanish Champagne) every Thursday evening.
A word from mi Tomatina
Mi Tomatina provides an upscale approach to authentic Spanish cuisine. Extensive menu selections range from small tapas dishes to our signature paellas. Customers report: "All the food was amazingly delicious and the atmosphere is mysterious and compelling."Continued
"You will love the experience"
"You will love the experience"
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
mi Tomatina - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
mi Tomatina reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (15)romantic (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Wonderful Friday Evening!ssina1Dined on 9/6/2013This was our second visit to mi Tomatina and we can't wait to go back. This wonderful restaurant is tucked away from the main stream of Park Ave and is full of ambiance. The music, tables lend to a very friendly fun atmosphere! Our waiter, Juan Carlos was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant diningmreavesVIPDined on 8/30/2013Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Park Ave., Mi Tomatia is a charming little restaurant. The seating is primarily al fresco, with only seating for probably 20 inside. The outside dining is along the street, with umbrellas and several tucked between Mi Tomatia and the next door restaurant (leading to the large outside bar area) that are shaded and with ceiling fans. Service was prompt and gracious. The food selection is varied and tasty. The bar area is large and covered, with a few flat screen tv's, fans, and high top tables backed with a lush background of bamboo plants. My only suggestion would be to have some citronella candles in the back seating areas to keep the bugs away...I left with quite a few no-seeum bug bits.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 8/23/2013Great food -- we had the Russian salad, grilled veggies, calamari, tortilla and duck breast, then the clan and cream de Catalona for desert. All fresh and flavorful. High marks for the asparagus in the grilled veggies, the tortilla and the cream. Outstanding service from Paul and great live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Like Spain!luvspainDined on 8/16/2013After living in Europe for the past eight years, I was reluctant to try tapas outside of Spain. Boy was I glad I did. Mi Tomatina brought me right back to Barcelona! The food was amazing. I especially enjoyed the smoked Salmon, meatballs, and the seafood paella. The service was great. Our waiter was funny, friendly and accommodating. The food came out in a timely manner, and we were served delicious warm rolls with a tomato dip to start. The ambiance was fantastic. All the tables unique and the atmosphere was upbeat yet sophisticated. The Lava cake for dessert is a must!!!! I will definitely be returning! Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Best find of 2013!JohnandMariainJAXDined on 8/12/2013We searched for tapas to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We arrived about 7pm on a Monday night, in the picturesque part of Winter Park. There were only 3 tables occupied, and we were offered seating at the new outdoor bar - I HIGHLY recommend that you try it. Two large screen tv's, happy hour, outstanding service and ambiance. Watch for smokers! We selected mainly seafood items, the sangria and red wine list. You can't go wrong with anything, it was ALL delicious. The bartender doubld as our waiter, and we only waited about 10 minutes from ordering to delivery for food. Appearance, temperature, and flavor were above our expectations. Small tables are the norm here, and it can be more noisy outdoors than indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went on a Friday and theyLettsEatDined on 8/2/2013went on a Friday and they had an excellent duo with a Spanish guitar and flute player. if the had a CD, we would have bought a copt. Service was excellent, food was excellent. looking forward to returning to the area and go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazing, tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/21/2013The food was amazing, tapas so you got to try a variety of dishes. However no one else was in the restaurant which was sad but we did get amazing service since we were the only ones there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentggbikesVIPDined on 7/9/2013This is one of the best finds in Winter Park. The food is always outstanding. Even though small plates, the portions are ample to share. The staff is always pleasant even when short handed. It is my favorite!Special Features:
- Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2013The ambiance was great, but the food was a bit sub-par.Special Features:
- Best Spanish Menu in central FloridBdiddyDined on 7/3/2013Went for a celebration and our hopes were met and exceeded with every dish. Excellent from the sdlad to the dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2013great little place in Winter Park... this is the second time I have been. The food is quite tasty but I found the service the second time to be really slow. our drinks took awhile to come and I had to flag down other servers to help us since ours appeared to disappear for sometime. No one came to check up on us while we were dining. The place did not even appear to be that busy so I am not sure what the issue was. We still had a fairly pleasant time and I would go again due to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Change From The OrdinaryRudyUDined on 6/27/2013This would be a great introduction for those who have not tried Spanish cuisine. The food was flavorful and the Sangria was great. Outdoor dining is spectacular during the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were looking for a lovelyjulzrulzDined on 6/22/2013We were looking for a lovely Saturday night place and found the service and food excellent. When we discovered that the piano music was live and coming from the outdoor bar we spent the rest of the evening enjoying the evening buzz and bumped into a few friends at the hidden alley-way bar. Just delightful.Special Features:
- While we had a good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2013While we had a good dinner we were not given the choice of eating inside or out. It was very damp and muggy evening and this detracted from our experience since we had to dine outside.Special Features:
- Great food... great location...OrlandoCJDined on 6/6/2013Quaint restaurant with great food. Definitely worth a repeat visit. Priced right for the quality of food. Excellent tapas selection. Cool bar on the side of the building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic spanish experienceLaceDined on 6/5/2013I have been to this restaurant before and knew the food was wonderful! I decided to come to mi Tomatina and celebrate my 21st birthday, the food & atmosphere was perfect. The paella and sangria was very delicious, very much recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had not been to Mi TomatinapickydinerVIPDined on 6/2/2013We had not been to Mi Tomatina on a Sunday night, but it was another good experience. We ended up sitting in the new bar section - it's really pretty and a nice area to enjoy the food and wine. Service was attentive. We enjoyed our old favorites, including the scallops. Always good. The seafood flatbread was unusual but it turned out to be another new favorite! We ended up ordering a bottle of wine and sipped our way through it and the rest of the tapas. We ordered the small paella and that was a great finish and we were very content. There was a nice crowd and everyone seemed to be having fun. We will, of course, be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How Nice!epilotDined on 5/18/2013Went to Mi Tomatina and sat in the new BarCelona area in back. Wow! great time-good music and as always great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas and descent PaellaPepitoVIPDined on 5/12/2013Great Tapas and descent Paella but with a fair service.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceChappyDined on 5/11/2013We Had a drink at the bar and the bartender was great then we sat at our table and the waiter was never around. Waited 40 minutes to order and the staff offered to buy a round of drinks for the inconvenience. When the bill came the drinks were still on the check and the waiter didn't want to remove them when he said he would he only removed one(4 people). Will never be back.
- We are not quite sure of theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2013We are not quite sure of the problem when we arrived as the restaurant was empty and when we asked to be seated outside, everyone fumbled and seemed confused. Once we were seated, the meal went well. My house salad was excellent, a bit small for the price, tasty and I loved the touch of the plumpled white raisins. We each had sangria and both white and red were equally delicious. It was refreshing to have sangria that was not syrupy sweet & overloaded with juice and many restaurants should take a lesson in sangria from mi Tomatina. Ever receive rolls at your table that are so hot you have to let them sit a few mnutes to let them cool? This was a treat that we throughly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Go To Spot on New EnglandsarussoDined on 5/2/2013Over three years has never failed to deliver an outstanding experience. Relaxed and warming environment. Food always surprises. Staff are attentive, service of multiple courses are will timed. For lunch, dinner or mid-afternoon nosh. Th-Sat evenings great live background music fitting with the European vibe the owners have createdSpecial Features:
- After work relaxinglala4201Dined on 4/30/2013This is a very cute place with a great selection of tapas to choose from. The sangria was good. Music was lovely. Overall I nice place to sit & enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We pre-ordered the PaellaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013We pre-ordered the Paella Negro. What a wonderful dish! Had a lovely wine to go with it. We chose the outdoor seating which was lovely. Our waitress was attentive and very helpful. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- We found the food flavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2013We found the food flavorful and unique. However, ever item was barely warm, nothing hot! The server was friendly, but forgot drink order twice, charged us for 1 drink (iced tea - smile really) that was never deliverd. We, and all other patrons around us, waited a ridiculous amount of time for service and orders. Items came out one at a time, some delivered 30 min after order, others 50 min after order. We asked for a desert menu, planned to order something, but server never came back. Twenty-five minutes late, I had to go find someone and waited another 15 min for the check. We have frequented Armondos, the Italian restaurant next door and thought we would try Tomatina. After our experience, we will stick with Armondos.Special Features:
- Seafood PaellaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Seafood Paella was awesome. However, they up charge for chorizo. This is a very important ingredient for paella.Special Features:
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013The food was fantastic, our waiter was always available when we needed him, and the music on the patio set the mood without too much volume.Special Features:
- Service offOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013I have not been to Tomatina for a few months. Food was as good as ever (except Creme Catalana was sent back because it was not firm...but liquid), service really was off this night. I guess they moved all bar fulfillment to the rear bar-Barcelona. Took us 15 minutes to get drinks after first order was placed, and my second glass of wine arrived after the tapas were finished. Bill had erroneous charges (two extra glasses of wine). Manager said he removed one of the Sangrias for the inconvenience. This did not happen...it was still on the bill. I'll go back, but it has lost some of its appeal. I don't know if there is a new owner, but the detail and focus of the wait staff is certainly different.Special Features:
- We were the only group (5OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013We were the only group (5 of us) seated inside for lunch, and there was another table seated outside. Although the food was outstanding, and our server courteous, it took an unreasonable amount of time to receive our meals, our drinks, coffee and the check. There were several staff in the kitchen, but only the one server. We're happy to have a leisurely lunch, but 2+ hours for salad and a tapas plate is unreasonable; it took almost 30-minutes to get 4 capuccinos...and they were cold when they arrived. It may be that there is more serving staff available at dinner, but they seemed to be understaffed for lunch.Special Features:
- One more time, the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/30/2013One more time, the experience was great! Excellent food in a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Mi Tomatina has an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013Mi Tomatina has an excellent menu, it was hard to choose what to eat. We tried several tapas dishes and were extremely pleased with all of them. A good combination of flavors in each gave distinctive and pleasant taste impressions. Each dish was well presented and tasty. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Slow start, great finish.hydrosamVIPDined on 3/19/2013The food is great and Tapas Tuesdays $4 each is a great deal. Once we got our waiter things went very smoothly, however initially it seemed like there was some confusion in the staff as far as whether to bring me water and it definitely was the slowest sangria service ever. Still, I think that was a random issue and would definitely go back. I was there for 2 hours with my date and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Tapas tastes good at mi TomatinaBrendaVIPDined on 3/18/2013An amazing tapas tasting experience from beginning to end. Delectable duck was perfectly seared and served at exactly temp requested. Flatbread selection was delish comb of goat cheese, tomato and greens with excellent dust of herbs and served crispy hot. Soup was almost hot, served in an English glass bowl sans the hot rolls requested. Although tasty, the beef and mushroom offering had a stew-like consistency which made sharing awkward. Chocolate molten lava cake served with vanilla creme beside fresh vanilla bean ice cream was a light fare for a just right end.Special Features:
- mi TOMATINA Spanish tapas finest!BrendaVIPDined on 3/18/2013Perfectly seasoned beef tips and sliced mushrooms served in a hot cast iron skillet with a tasty gravy and fresh from the oven rolls started this tapas tasting. Heartily garnished flatbread is deliciosly crisp, served on a hot rough hewn slate for temperature consistency, and could easily satisfy one's lunch appetite. A newly discovered favorite, roasted pear and duck served at medium temperature offered succulent flavors and uninhibited aroma. Polishing off an alfresco dining experience: rich earthy coffee beside chocolate lava cake with vanilla cream sauce and vanilla bean ice cream. A Winter Park, Florida bellissimo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere, food and servicegnrs007Dined on 3/16/2013The atmosphere, food and service was great. The tapas menu had so many deliciouse offerings that it was difficult not to want to try them all. Dessert was also very good. We are deffinetly going back to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- The food, place and the serverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The food, place and the server were good, but the food took a LONG time to come out. It wasnt that busy, the kitchen is very slow.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the dinner with friends.abigmanDined on 3/9/2013Enjoyed the dinner with friends. Large portions and high prices mean one Paella with feed 4.Special Features:
- We walked up to the restaurantCharlieVIPDined on 3/5/2013We walked up to the restaurant and waited in the deserted dining room for about 5 minutes. No one came out, no one greeted us. We stepped back out of the restaurant thinking we may be in the wrong place. We found our way back to the open-air bar. We asked and they told us we were in the right place the first time. We enjoyed a beverage at the bar (the sangria is good, but not very strong), we went back to the front. The server was standoffish, clumsy (broke two glasses) and forgetful. More than once we had to remind him of orders we had put in. While he played it off as they were being made, on one occasion, we heard him calling in the order as "new" to the chef. Food was tasty but we will NOT be back because of the poor service.
- Best tapas,Nice select wine,TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2013Best tapas,Nice select wine,Tasty paella negra in area.Special Features:
- This is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2013This is one of my favorite places in Winter Park. The food is spectacular and very authentic. I've been to Barcelona and mi Tomatina's Paella is the better than any I've ever had!Special Features: