825 North Magnolia Avenue
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafetrastevere.com/
- Phone: 4078390235
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Philippe Meiffret
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Please call 407-839-0235 and ask Santos for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Santos 4078390235
A word from Café Trastevere
Café Trastevere is on Magnolia Avenue in downtown Orlando, just about a block from all the shopping and heavy traffic on Colonial Drive. Café Trastevere is a quiet oasis and one that evokes a wonderfully cozy, intimate environment. With a glass of wine in front of you and the smell of freshly cooked pasta rising up from the kitchen, this is a place to go when you want a dining atmosphere that's quiet, romantic and intimate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Trastevere reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (11)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (7)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Old world Italian in Orlando.luv2dineoutVIPDined on 3/4/2013Old world Italian in Orlando. Small & intimate inside, garden setting for outdoor dining, and large upstairs room for groups. Owners are hands on and attend to diners needs with an attentive staff. From the traditional Italian meal to there specials, their meals are very good and we look forward to eating there often.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful andJennDined on 2/22/2013The food was wonderful and authentic. The staff was very attentive and conversational. I will go back the next time I am in Orlando.Special Features:
- Very nice venue for Valentine'sTristisDined on 2/14/2013Very nice venue for Valentine's Day dinner. Only complaint was that they did not alert us ahead of time that it would be a special menu that night and no options aside from the Valentine's special. The food was still delicious and the atmosphere was perfect for a romantic night.Special Features:
- I was not told of the $50OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I was not told of the $50 price per person when making my reservation. We were told upon entering the restaurant. The menu was limited as well. This was valentines day and I understand things can get busy but the service was terrible and the menu choices were not great. The food was only so so. I will most likely not go back.
- Reminds me of Italy! Not myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2013Reminds me of Italy! Not my first time and won't be my last!Special Features:
- Please Improve Your Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/17/2013The quality of the food was mostly very good. Clearly, only the best available ingredients are used. The only disappointment was the crab and corn bisque, as there was very little crab meat and you could taste congealed flour that they had tried to use to thicken the bisque. The service was pretty bad. Our waitress was pretty scatterbrained, and the whole sequence of service just wasn't there. We were also charged $3 for two in our party sharing a salad, and 18% gratuity was included for our party of 5. Very tacky. We won't be back!
- The food was very good. ServiceSteelmanDined on 12/15/2012The food was very good. Service was a little slow for a mostly empty restaurant. Parking is limited to a couple of places on the street in front of the restaurant and a few behind it. Many tables are available outside in a courtyard setting, which is very nice when the weather is good. All in all, two thumbs up.Special Features:
- Great spot for a romanticJoeDVIPDined on 12/14/2012Great spot for a romantic dinner or for catching up with with a small group. The indoor space is small and there were a couple holiday parties that were getting loud so we chose to sit on the patio which was much quieter. The food was good...not spectacular or with a fancy presentation, but good enough to keep this place on our list of options.Special Features:
- House salad was just lettuceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2012House salad was just lettuce with a few carrot curls and dressing. Bread nothing special. Chicken piccata was a little tough. It's a cute little place but the food was definitely what I remembered.
- Food was really good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012Food was really good. Service was horrible. I think the waitress was having a bad day. Food came extremely slow and waitress had trouble with the bill.Special Features:
- need to open for lunch perhapsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012need to open for lunch perhaps a light menu. My wife is a long time customer this was my first and will not be my lastSpecial Features:
- Very good food for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/7/2012Very good food for the price. Nightly specials. A good choice if you want to have a good meal for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Fabulous Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012Delicious food great wine list, beautiful setting. Very romantic, perfect to go on a date. Best Italian in Orlando . We ll be back again and again...Special Features:
- A great little Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012A great little Italian restaurant hidden from the noise of downtown Orlando. Food was excellent, great wine list, ambiance was charming. The only moment of concern was the lack of attention and delay in getting our bill after we gave one of the servers our "coupon". We waited quite awhile before actually getting the bill, as if they were upset that we didn't tell them sooner? I would return and I will recommend to friends, however.Special Features:
- A delightful restaurant. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012A delightful restaurant. We loved it. The food was outstanding. There were five in our party and everyone was pleased. The staff was courteous and fast -- very fast. Although the restaurant is small and there is a need to turn the tables quickly, we could have enjoyed it even more had we felt a little less rushed. This will not deter us from returning!
- Ripped us 28.00 for a bottleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012Ripped us 28.00 for a bottle of wine that was supposed to be free as stated on their site. Messaged on Facebook and email,no response
- Excellent food and intimatejasonfzDined on 6/23/2012Excellent food and intimate setting. Authentic Italian cuisine with a Mediterranean flair.Special Features:
- Dinner for 2...spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012The food was outstanding and authentic. You can't find pastas like this anywhere else in Orlando. You can really see that the kitchen is Italian . The atmosphere is great and very romantic. Typical Italian building from the early 1900, a treasure in Orlando. Been living in Orlando for 10 years and cafe tastevere has been the best culinary experience I ve had so far. It has no match when it comes to food and atmosphere in Orlando.Special Features:
- Dinner for four. Usual pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/1/2012Dinner for four. Usual pasta dishes. Nothing spectacular. "Old " part of downtown Orlando. Building could use updating.
- Great for dinner party or romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012I had my sister's 35th birthday party here with 7 girls a few Saturdays ago and was very impressed with this place. It was very quaint, the server and owner were very attentive, the food & desserts were great! We had a whole section to ourselves which they allowed me to decorate. The outside section is very nice too, whether to eat outside if the weather is nice, or to step outside and smoke. I would totally recommend this place for a small-medium sized dinner party/events and it is also a great place for a quiet, romantic dinner date.Special Features:
- Great little restaurant inSeagosOnTheTownDined on 5/18/2012Great little restaurant in the heart of downtown Orlando. Good Italian food!Special Features:
- Best Italian restauran in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2012What a pleasant surprise. First the place looks amazing, very romantic, great patios, beautiful fountain. The food was excellent, very generous portions and not expensive at all. I had the Zuppa di pesce and my wife the filet mignon. The Zuppa was exactly the way it is served in Rome and the filet extremely tender no steak knife needed. The service was very professional and efficient . I highly recommend cafe trastevere , one of, if not the best Italian restaurant in Orlando.Special Features:
- Good, homemade Italian.AdreaDined on 4/18/2012Food at Cafe Trastevere was really good. The lobster ravioli was homemade - no packaged stuff - which is very difficult to find in Orlando. Large portions, too. We also had the "stuffed" mushrooms: portabellas smothered in a very tasty meat sauce and covered with melted cheese. They were unconventional, but very good. There is an outdoor patio, but I feel like it could have been a little cleaner; our table hadn't been wiped down (and we were there at 5:15 when they opened). Even so, I will be back to Cafe Trastevere. A nice little neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Good find, will go againVipaliiiVIPDined on 4/7/2012Food was very good. Had 8 people and a baby. Owner was not happy when we wanted to sit at a bigger table, but after that eveyone was very nice and we had great service. Good prices. Wine list was just ok, but the wine prices were very good. All 8 people enjoyed there meal. We will go back again.Special Features:
- Cafe Trastevere is the placeKayEmmDined on 3/29/2012Cafe Trastevere is the place for 'real' Italian food. It has a wonderful charm and ambiance akin to the old world.Special Features:
- Poor ManagementOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012Party of eight celebrating a Birthday with a gift certificate that owner would not accept in conjunction with any web related discount. Server would not ask owner concerning matter and indicated we would need to speak directly which resulted with an emphatic no from owner. A member of our party had dined in the restaurant years ago and remembered the owner’s unresponsiveness. After checking out the private upstairs area that was in great need of renovation and had a smell of years of neglect; we decided our dollars could be better spent at another dinning establishment.
- Transported to FlorenceCarolHVIPDined on 3/20/2012Our party of 6 opted to seat outside on the terrace which was charming - I felt like I was in Florence! And the food backed that up. It was straightforward Italian cuisine at it's best. I enjoyed the corn and crab bisque which was so flavorful. For my main course I had the arugula salad but tasted everyone's pasta dishes...the vodka sauce was excellent as were the veal and eggplant parmesan dishes. The inside seating area looked small and intimate. The staff was attentive but not overly so - our meal was well paced. Again, like in Italy, no one was rushing us. I highly recommend Cafe Trastevere.Special Features:
- We were seated outside sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2012We were seated outside since it was a nice evening weather-wise. The patio itself is nice enough, however it is surrounded by a wall and within 20ft of the Magnolia Ave., so there is some traffic noice and a beggar came through a gate in the wall asking us for money. The food was very good with appropriately sized portions. I think the owner was our server, and he was a nice older Italian man with a thick accent. He wasnt overly speedy but certainly knew his menu. All in all it was a very good meal for a reasonable price, and we will probably go back when we are in the mood for Italian food.Special Features:
- Service started off poor,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2012Service started off poor, as we stood waiting some time before being acknowledged. We we leand to a nice outside dining area, where the hoestest left the silver/napkins,menus in a pile on the table, and walked off. The owner took over, and service improved. The food was average, disapointing in that regard, givien its reputation. The place could use a do over, a little ragged and worn.Special Features:
- If you want something romantic,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2012If you want something romantic, DO NOT go here! The dress was code was VERY casual(tshirt and jeans). The place was so full they were sitting people anywhere there was room. I told the OWNER I had a reservation and would like somewhere quiet and he totally disregarded it. He said "we sit everybody,no need for reservation" He took us upstairs and sat us next to a large family with kids??!! I chose this place because other reviews said they're known for their "romantic ambiance/lighting outside" and yet he didn't sit anyone out there. This place shouldn't be on OpenTable if "no need for reservation" is what is said at the front door and on their website. We left 2 mins after we sat down.
- Don't go if in a hurry.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2012We were all for the Italian dining experience ( have been there so know it can be slow) but we arrived at 5:40(only family upstairs), ordered promptly b/c were going to the amway and did not receive our dinner until 7:15!! other people had joined the upstairs been served and paid before we got our food. When the food came, 2 of our meals were missing.. we just barely made it to our event! No apologies or regards to how long it took , still charged the 20% gratuity.
- Amazing food in a charming settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2012Reserved a table on OpenTable for 930pm. Upon arriving at the restaurant (slightly late) we saw that they were actually only open until 10pm. We were unaware at the time of booking and never would have reserved so close to closing time had we known their hours. We showed up to a quaint, empty restaurant but were greeted with smiling faces. We were very apologetic and had planned to try and find somewhere else to dine, but the staff was very warm and welcoming even given our late arrival. We never felt rushed throughout our meal. We loved this place from the moment we walked in. Not your typical restaurant but a house converted into a restaurant. All of our food was amazing. A++ experience. Very highly recommended!Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.SamRDined on 2/18/2012The food was outstanding. We each ordered a pasta and both were wonderful. The service was great and the food came out very quickly. I've been to many upscale Italian restaurants, this one matches the quality but doesn't break the bank. Will go here often.Special Features:
- Outdoor seating in a downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2012Outdoor seating in a downtown location. Soft lighting with rock fountain focal point. Had evening special, blackened snapper, my wife had lobster ravioli,both very good.Special Features:
- We find this restaurant toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2012We find this restaurant to be the most authentic real Italian dining spot next to being in Italy. No chain formula food to be found here only great honest delicious simple Italian fare. Nothing else even comes close!Special Features:
- Excellent food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2012Excellent food and atmosphere. Wine is the only alcohol served at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very good food and easy accessOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/21/2012Very good food and easy access to the Bo Carr PAC.Special Features:
- Service was terrible. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2012Service was terrible. Food was good, but I was too aggravated by the bad service to truly enjoy it.Special Features:
- It was a very pleasing experianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2011It was a very pleasing experiance for my wife and I. We were looking for quiet place to have dinner and conversation. The cafe did it for us.Special Features:
- The service was attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/29/2011The service was attentive. Outside was romantic but could use an update on lighting as the lighting is rather uneven. Pasta penne with a garlic/cheese cream sauce was outstanding. The marsala was disappointing as the taste was too mild. The owner immediately offered to replace the dish. Olive oil on the table may have been old as it was not a pleasant taste in which to dip bread. I would definitely go back for the pasta dish.Special Features: