825 North Magnolia Avenue
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafetrastevere.com/
- Phone: 4078390235
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Philippe Meiffret
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Please call 407-839-0235 and ask Santos for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Santos 4078390235
A word from Café Trastevere
Café Trastevere is on Magnolia Avenue in downtown Orlando, just about a block from all the shopping and heavy traffic on Colonial Drive. Café Trastevere is a quiet oasis and one that evokes a wonderfully cozy, intimate environment. With a glass of wine in front of you and the smell of freshly cooked pasta rising up from the kitchen, this is a place to go when you want a dining atmosphere that's quiet, romantic and intimate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Trastevere reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (12)neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (6)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Trestavere was lacking in servicedlchaseDined on 12/7/2013Party of 4 Celebrating wife's birthday. Used a $75 gift certificate but you had to spend $150. Work out well on that front. The owner was our server and he kept pressuring us to order before we were ready. Tables were too small and could not fit everthing and they had to keep clearing stuff out of our way ...very bothersome when you are trying to have a conversation. They were out of my favortte (filet mignon) which is a common item and I dont understand this. The rest of the food was great but the main complaint was the manager bugging us and no room on the tables. Noise was not a big issue but the place was so small that it could get noisy quickly.Special Features:
- The main dining room is smallluv2dineoutVIPDined on 11/22/2013The main dining room is small and intimate. But it does have two nice outdoor dining areas and an upstairs that accommodates large groups and/or private parties. The owner greets you and is very attentive and friendly as is the rest of the staff. Their food is cooked to order and has some of your favorite Italian staples such as eggplant parm & calamari as well as special fishes of the day. Their cannoli's are great! Don't miss this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Birthday DinnerFoodLover123Dined on 11/16/2013I went with my boyfriend to Cafe Trastevere for my birthday and it was really romantic, the food was delicious and the wine was very good. I ordered the three cheese tortelli, caprese salad for appetizer, and tiramisu for dessert (get it!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, just not greatExplorer1Dined on 11/15/2013Very small place with tables that are a little too small to accommodate 4 and uncomfortable, small chairs. Only six tables in the main part with a small bar at the entrance with a couple of more tables. Quaint in an old European sort of way. The food was decent, the wine list short, but the wine we had was good. I would go back again, but would not make any special effort to do so. Worth trying once. Pricing is about average. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden trattoria in the cityBPat32812Dined on 11/12/2013We've driven by this Cafe forever and finally decided to give it a try. We're glad we did. What a treat. We dined outside surrounded by rope lights and great oldies on the sound system. I was encouraged to try the calamari that was not fried, but rather simmered in a sauce, and I was very glad I took our server's advice. It was yummy. Our main courses came straight out of old Little Italy in Greenwich Village. The mix of patrons says a lot.Young 30 somethings, a small group of businessmen, a group of men doing their male bonding thing, an elderly couple delighting in the clear balmy night. Sometimes what you want in a restaurant is an old Italian neighbor's encouragement to mangia, mangia. This is the place for that experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun in the FrayKara407Dined on 11/9/2013It was very busy! Everybody was friendly! True Italian. The food was not spectacular, but the total experience was wonderful. Will go back again and have already recommended. I believe the owner or at least a family member to the owner was not only our host, but took our order. He is very lively and made our visit special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great..slow experience..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013They could not be bothered to care. Bread was old. Small tables. One dish was good the other swimming in butter. Go to live garden. Cheaper and consistent.
- major disappointmentJohnVIPDined on 11/8/2013Made a reservation because of reviews on open table. Should have known what to expect when we arrived for our reservation and they did not know about reservation. Service was very slow. Spinach Salad came with no dressing! When I asked about dressing I was told to use the oil and vinegar supplied on the table. Food had to be some of the blandest Italian food we have ever had. Fettucini Alfredo had absolutely no cheese. Just noodles, cream, and butter! Even the tomatoe sauce was bitter. Salmon was over cooked and dry. Tasted stale. Would definetly not recommended this restaurant. If you like good Italian food stay away from here.
- Service was wanting..DRC876VIPDined on 11/6/2013Ate outside and it was lovely. Had to find our server twice and we are not at all demanding customers. Food was good and the patio was just what we wanted for an evening out. We might be back, but probably not. There are too many other restaurants that are as good.Special Features:
- Sometimes you're luckyMofaulVIPDined on 11/6/2013Looking for a last minute dinner on a business trip - this place hit all the notes - made me look good and you can easily talk and enjoy your company. Food was excellent, nice wine, but not an extensive list. Had a very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Italian Dining!GrifDined on 10/26/2013"I love the cozy feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The grouper piccata was amazing and the artisan bread (warm from the oven) was perfect with butter or dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. Everyone loved the flat iron steak. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable. We will definitely return for more enjoyable evenings with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quaint and romanticintensityderenDined on 10/24/2013Restaurant is very quaint and romantic - especially the outdoor patio. Although the servers were very attentive, we realized that they are very good at leaving you alone which is appreciated when you are out on date night. They don't constantly bother you or upsell. We had a very good romantic date night meal and will be back. Food was delicious and authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodguestDined on 10/12/2013There are so many Italian chain restaurants in existence that it is refreshing to find one that isn't. The food was great. I'm not Italian and have never been to Italy, so while I can't say whether not it was truly authentic Italian food, it's certainly more authentic then what you'd find at any chain restaurant. The service was okay. The aged gentleman host who seated us was really friendly, while our server was a little more cold; though not bad by any means.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful AmbianceEightVIPDined on 9/25/2013I went with a friend for dinner, and the bruschetta was excellent, and very fresh. The chicken marsala sauce was great too; I do have to say, though, that you could tell the vegetables (broccoli and carrots) had been frozen, then cooked, as opposed to having used fresh ones. That part was disappointing. The wine list is not bad, but could use more variety by the glass. The ambiance is very cozy and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Almost perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2013As we entered through the door the host seemed like he was trying to rush us to our table. This was a little frustrating since one of my family members uses a cane to walk, and the host should not be rushing us anywhere. He also should have offered us a downstairs table to accommodate us, instead of rushing us upstairs. So needless to say the night started off in the wrong direction. After we were seated the server was prompt, and extremely professional. She was tending to a few other tables, upstairs and down, and still gave great service. We all ordered different entrees from the menu and I can say that the food was definitely a 10. Quality food and large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best italian in floridaTicoDined on 8/17/2013The food is fabulous !!! We have dinner here every Friday and we never get enough . The red sauce is incredible and their tiramisu to die for . The service is always perfect . Cafe trastevere is really above any italian place you can find in Orlando or Miami in terms of quality and authenticity .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best italian in OrlandoJamesDined on 8/17/2013Our dinner was fabulous . The food was great tasteful and beautiful presentation . Very large portions and cheap. The veal was extremely tender and my fiancé' s Zappa di peice a pure delight . For desert we had the tiramisu . Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A for effortOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2013The food was ok, not great. Calamari was very chewy and had no flavor but the spicy marinara was good. Dinner was good but not great. The dining room is very small, so small that it felt cramped. Our server was AMAZING. The overall appearance of the room was very nice but since the building seems to be an old house it definately felt like eating in someone's living room. Overall just wasnt terribly impressed with the space or the food but A for effort on the part of the staff. Dinner with wine, an appetizer and dessert came to what we wold normally pay at a chain place. The outdoor seating looked very romantic but August in Florida and a rainy night made it impossible.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceTristisDined on 8/2/2013There were at least 3 people on staff waiting tables and none of them seemed to care about us because my friend was in a t-shirt and neither of us ordered alcohol. It took an oddly long time for us to be seated and put our order in, even though they had several empty tables and no large parties. I had to ask for a refill on my iced tea after the empty glass had been sitting at the end of the table for quite some time. Food is overpriced. Entrees come with nothing beyond the dish, so if you want a salad or soup you're paying $5-10. Corn crab chowder was too sweet, veal was overcooked and tough. Sauces were very good, though, and pasta cooked al-dente. However, not worth the $16-18 for chicken francese and veal saltimbocca with tough meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurant .HughDined on 7/31/2013Our dinner was amazing from the time we stepped in to the last spoon of tiramisu . The service is efficient and professional and the price low compared to the portions . Was worth the 3 hours drive from Fort Lauderdale .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best italian in OrlandoGinoDined on 7/31/2013Had dinner at Christini's the night before and let me tell you, cafe trastevere is way better. Same food quality if not better, great looking restaurant and way cheaper. Great wine list by the way. So if you want to impress friends or dates this is the place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of my life!!!!!TintinDined on 7/31/2013My friend took me there a few days ago and I can't believe how much I enjoyed this meal. First the place looks amazing, gorgeous historical building and very friendly staff . I had a dish called zippo di pieschy ( not sure about the spelling ) but it was incredible so good that I ordered another one to go. We ate outside under the stars ...oh gosh so romantic I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great italian restaurantTomhandlingDined on 7/31/2013We visited cafe trastevere during the last week of July for the first time and we had a great experience. The food was excellent, very authentic and fresh. The service was very efficient, professional and fast. Our server Phillip who I think is the owner of the place demonstrated some great multitasking skills. He was missing a server but the service was not missing at all. The man flew literally across the dinning room to please everybody. I have no idea how he managed to do this but he did it perfectly!!! We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemSarahVIPDined on 7/27/2013Cafe Trastevere offers a good menu and wine. The service is indifferent, and the servers are not that knowledgeable. The food was flavorful and well presented. Ask to sit downstairs or in the garden.Special Features:
- Unfortunately it was uncomfortable,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2013Unfortunately it was uncomfortable, The place is cute as it is an old house but they have a window AC unit to cool the room and the door is open. Needless to say it was not cool. . Service was prompt but not friendly. Food was average, price reasonable. Good place to eat if you are in the area, not worth a drive.
- hmmm..OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2013Hostess welcome was less than friendly and began to set the tone. she wanted to sit us in the two bar tables or in the noisy dining room, however my husband asked if there were additional tables in the back and she brought us up stairs. My open table reservation noted that it was a celebration and asked for a surprise dessert for my husband's birthday - that was never brought or acknowledged and instead of asking (kind of ruins the surprise), we decided to finish. The waitress was great.
- Best italian in OrlandoHughDined on 7/23/2013We moved to Orlando 10 years ago and we ve tried pretty much all the italian restaurants in the Orlando area. We tasted all the Parmesan, all the so called marinara, all the lasagna , tiramisu ...and the list goes on but nothing and I mean nothing compare or come close to trastevere . Authenticity and professionalism describe perfectly this restaurant . The owner Phillip was very pleasant and made us feel at home. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than christini'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2013Unbelievable food, I almost licked my plate...excellent service and very cheap price. Portions are huge too. Great job thank you .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrasteverevictorDined on 7/8/2013Restaurant is interesting, easy to find, easy to park. Small dining room and a bit overpriced but worthy of trying for oneself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best italian restaurant in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2013Great authentic italian food and excellent service . Best tiramisu in town . No match in Orlando...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quaint GemJFratDined on 6/13/2013The food here is by far the most authentic Italian food anywhere in Orlando. You feel like you are dining at someone's home in Tuscany. Every time I eat here, I'm in love with my food. The atmosphere is cozy, rustic, and romantic. A timeless favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed in theMarilynDined on 5/31/2013I was disappointed in the menu. There was no fish of the day, apparently because of Memorial Day the previous Monday. I ordered the veal picatta - good flavor, but the meat was very tough and definitely overcooked. The manager never came over to greet us or ask us how our meal was. Fortunately, our server was attentive and friendly. It was too humid to eat outside so we ate inside. It's cozy, but the decor needs a facelift. I hadn't been to Cafe Trastevere for a few years (there's just too much competition), but I don't remember being disappointed then. I can't think of a reason to go back.Special Features:
- Locally owned restaurantDrewDined on 5/25/2013Love this place. Food is always perfect, and service is always quick. Try their calamari and their chicken parm. Cant say enough good things about this place. Perfect for a date night, or for a nice dinner. Eat in their little courtyard if the weather is nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trastevere ReviewRichardVIPDined on 5/24/2013The food at Trastevere is delicious. Every food entree that we have tried has been excellent. The presentation of food is inviting and the food is prepared superbly. The wait staff is courteous and prompt. Be sure to get a card and have each dining experience stamped. After four visits you will receive a free bottle of wine on your next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't even ask if we hadJJamzDined on 5/7/2013Didn't even ask if we had reservations, didn't listen when we said we made reservations. We had wanted to sit outside. Service took awhile. We went on a Tuesday and it was crazy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mandatory tipping of 20% for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/29/2013The food is generally good. I like the tiramisu, very good texture and taste. The environment is not too bad, but the lady washroom lighting is out without a sign. i was trying to figure it pit and minute later, i asked the server and she said the light was not working and asked me to use the men's washroom. That's fine, but a sign at the door would be helpful. The most unreasonable part is that the 20% tip is added to the bill and we have only a table of 2. I understand that sometimes with group over 6 or 8 would have a mandatory tip, but for 2?! And the service really isn't all that great.
- Food was slow coming fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Food was slow coming from kitchen many people had over an hour wait for entrees. Our food was not the quality that is has been a few times before. Will not be going back.
- The food was amazing!! DefinitelyLuluDined on 4/13/2013The food was amazing!! Definitely an authentic Italian restaurant with the best pasta dishes I've ever had in Orlando. The service was a little slow, which was fine with us because we weren't in a hurry and it was a gorgeous night. But it's not a huge restaurant so there aren't many servers, hence the slow service. It's such a cute place though and the food is so worth the wait.Special Features:
- everything was good exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/13/2013everything was good except they had some computer trouble so there was a delay in getting out bill (normally no problem , we had to be somewhere else). We would go back. Host/owner very nice.Special Features:
- Service was the biggest problemOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/12/2013Service was the biggest problem with this place.. Food was good once it arrived.Special Features: