2 School St
Fiskdale, MA 01518Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rovezzis.com/
- Phone: 5083470100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 4:00 - 8:00pm
Available Mondays for functions and catering only
Our entire facility is available for daytime use as a company retreat or meeting space, with lunch and breakout service.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Christopher Rovezzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Take the stress out of event planning by choosing Rovezzi’s chefs to cater your next party. From business lunches and seminars to social events of all types, Rovezzi’s staff will assist in planning your menu, expertly prepare your culinary selections and deliver everything you need to make your day a success.
- Private Party Facilities: Rovezzi’s offers venues which can accommodate events and functions from 10 to 350 guests. Whether it’s a rehearsal dinner, bridal or baby shower, weddings, award dinners, corporate meeting, presentation or a casual get-together, we have the right room for you.
Our venue in Sturbridge holds up to 50 people. Our new venue in Southbridge, LaSalle Hall, has 2 spaces. The newly renovated Tuscan Room holds up to 120 guests, the grand hall upstairs up to 250. Please allow us to cater your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Erica Foley 508 380 5181x
- Special Events: Wine dinners, Ladies Nights and other events will be posted to Facebook
A word from Rovezzi's Ristorante-Sturbridge
The Rovezzi family has been in the restaurant business for more than 40 years. We are proud to note Chef Chris Rovezzi is the winner of the 2012 Worcester Area Best Chef competition. Unrivaled attention to ingredients and flavor is what makes Rovezzi's the absolute favorite dining experience for many Central Massachusetts residents. Rovezzi's offers traditional Italian cuisine with an innovative and creative flair. And the majority of our service staff have been with us for many years, taking pride in the Rovezzi fare and striving to match Chef Chris' attention to ingredients and flavor with our attention to your experience as our guest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Rovezzi's Ristorante-Sturbridge - Best Restaurants in Sturbridge ›
Rovezzi's Ristorante-Sturbridge reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (28)romantic (24)good for groups (17)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- We were seated quickly inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2010We were seated quickly in an upstairs location.The room was only average.Nice waitress pretty smile ok service not great.Out of the dish I wanted and the substitute dish only fair.Air conditioner was above our head and very cold for most of the meal.Only a fair overall rating.Would go elsewhere before returning.
- Just a great night out. DespiteDiner1VIPDined on 7/14/2010Just a great night out. Despite a rather large crowd (on a Wednesday) due to the Brimfield Fair, the service was attentive and well paced. The food was excellent. The risotto balls appetizer was simply the freshest and best tasting I have ever had; the tomato sauce is never overpowering. While the food is always a hallmark of the place, the dessert once again stole the show. Rovezzi's take on banana's foster was creative and a great way to top off the meal.Special Features:
- We were a party of four. ThreeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2010We were a party of four. Three of us loved our selections and the fourth did not enjoy his meal. The shrimp and oysters were undercooked. Unfortunately he did not mention this until the end of the evening and the waitress was unaware of the situation.Special Features:
- I make sure to eat at Rovezzi'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/7/2010I make sure to eat at Rovezzi's every time I am in the area, and recommend it highly to colleagues as well. One of the very few Italian restaurants I will eat at, in fact.Special Features:
- Food is always interestingDiner1VIPDined on 4/20/2010Food is always interesting and great care is taken to prepare. The new Spring menu offers a creative twist on many traditional dishes. Although the waitress was friendly enough, she seemed very busy and was not as attentive as we have usually found. After ordering dessert we waited over thirty minutes for its arrival; the waitress checked in with us just once during that time. Finally she expressed shock that it still hadn't arrived and indicated she would make certain it was delivered... it was and while the wait was too long for anything... believe it or not it was almost worth the wait as the ice cream with decadent dipped strawberries was outstanding. Food and ambiance always excellent here. Service usually much more attentive.Special Features:
- A great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/15/2010A great dining experience from the time we walked through the door. Chef Chris and his team are the best in the business. Some of the finest dining you will find in Mass. We highly reccomend this gem!Special Features:
- Food was very fresh and delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2010Food was very fresh and delicious. They were willing to adapt to a specific food request made by our guest and the waitress was very nice about it. Excellent citrus salad/dressing.
- The food was excellent; theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/27/2010The food was excellent; the service perfect. Management is attentive and friendly. Although somewhat pricey, the entire experience is extremely worthwhile.Special Features:
- I visit the Sturbridge areaGraceBKVIPDined on 3/13/2010I visit the Sturbridge area frequently to see family. We always have a good meal at Rovezzi's. Our meals took longer than usual but the management is always on top of things. They apologized and bought us dessert. Such preemptive action when things don't go exactly right is the mark of a well managed restaurant. I always look forward to my next meal.
- Overall we felt the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2010Overall we felt the food was excellnet. Our server was a little slow(we thought she may be new) she also forgot a salad. But after the appetizers and meal the salad wasn't missed. this is our second time at Rovezzi's and we will be back.Special Features:
- I've been going to RovezzisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/27/2010I've been going to Rovezzis for a few years, one of my favorites in town. When we arrived, it was obv that they actually didn't have a table to accomodate us even though i made reservation online. The hostess started with 'unfortunately....', then the manager shushed her and we were seated on first floor, way in back by the kitchen. I'm not surprised because it is unusual to obtain a last minute reservation like that on a saturday night at rovezzis and i appreciate their accomodating us anyway. The food at rovezzis is always good, but the selection has been noticeably pared down over the years. The food was very good, well prepared, fresh, but the sauces i found a bitheavy and there are fewer light selections on the menu to choose from.Special Features:
- Absolutely great again. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2010Absolutely great again. My wife and I love coming here. They even noticed it was her birthday and brought a complementary dessert for us, complete with birthday candle. Thanks for a great evening.
- We had an early Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2010We had an early Valentine's dinner at Rovezzi's on Friday 2/12/10. We opened with brushetta and caesar salad; both were wonderful. I had filet and my partner had hanger steak. They were cooked just as ordered, tender, flavorful, with a beautiful presentation. Our server was perfect; she knew the menu and how to describe the food, was extremely attentive and very pleasant. Our check, with 3 glasses of wine, came to $98 before tip, not inexpensive, but not as pricey as other restaurants of this quality. We are looking forward to returning and trying some of the Italian offerings.Special Features:
- We don't go there often andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2010We don't go there often and ususally it is very good but this time the meal was so so and the dessert wasn't good. Won't be back for a long time ..Special Features:
- Never a bad meal or service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2010Never a bad meal or service. We have been there several times. We have never made reservations in the past, as we love the bar service. This was the first time we had table service. It was very good.Special Features:
- From the first sip of theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2009From the first sip of the Lemon Italian Ice martini to the last bite of tiramisu, everything at Rovezzi's exceeded expectations. Most notable were the outstanding grilled vegetables in the antipasto and the outstanding Pollo Gorgonzola. Even more spectacular was the attentive service, even on a busy night. I would try anything on the menu based on the excellent experience we enjoyed.Special Features:
- The service and food was excellent.luvnewportDined on 12/27/2009The service and food was excellent. Our server was so helpful and fantastic.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2009Nice atmosphere, excellent service. Our waitress was prompt and very pleasant. Generous pouring of wines by the glass. A birthday party made the upstairs VERY loud, but that was probably an infrequent occurrence. Food was good; two ordered a steak special that was tasty but both were a bit overcooked, one ordered a manicotti special that was good and one ordered the lobster ravioli that was very good with a different sauce than the typical pink vodka sauce. We had salads that were excellent and one soup special that was also very good. Desserts looked great but we were too full. Would visit again.
- This was our first trip tohappywifeVIPDined on 10/29/2009This was our first trip to Rovezzi's and we had a very nice lunch. The waitress and staff were very friendly and helpful. The grilled chicken with roasted red peppers and artichokes was excellent. It's a lovely spot.Special Features:
- This restaurant is one ofJudymarlboroughVIPDined on 10/23/2009This restaurant is one of my favorites. It is family owned and run and it shows. Sharon, the manager, makes you feel like you're eating in the family's house and like a welcome guest. So refreshing. The staff tries really hard to please. I had the scallops from the autumn menu. Wow, it was delicious. I took my friend there for her birthday and she had a delicious stuffed chicken. As usual, the caesar for two was great and the bread is to die for. Drinks are generous. We couldn't manage dessert but there were some good choices; next time I'll watch the bread and save some room (maybe!) I'll be back soon; it's become a regular place for me. I can always count on an excellent meal, excellent service, and a great dining experience.Special Features:
- I've been a fan of Rovezzi'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2009I've been a fan of Rovezzi's for years, but the past two times I have been there have been hugely dissapointing. The food quality seems to have taken a dive. My scallops were fishy as were the shrimp a friend of mine ordered. The batter on the fried risotto and the chicken were very thick and too hard. The braised short ribs my girlfriend ordered tasted like pot roast. The wine list was extremly limited. Not much was good. The service was fair. The waitress was very quiet and rarely came around. I don't know what happened to this place as it was great for years, but I'm doubtful I will return. It's sad as Rovezzi's had been a good spot for years.
- Not great from start to finish.Moon2cVIPDined on 10/16/2009Not great from start to finish. Service was slow. Salad was wrong. We ordered a caprese salad and they delivered a tower of sliced tomatoe, eggplant, greens and gorgonzola. We ate it rather than waiting an eternity to get it corrected. I ordered a papardelle dish and it came with fettucine. My husbands short ribs were chewy, not "fall-off-the bone" as you would expect. Dessert was good but coffee was luke warm and delivered way before the dessert wiht no offers for refills. For ~$150 for 2, I expect much better. Won't go back.
- Consistently excellent food.bellVIPDined on 9/10/2009Consistently excellent food. Every aspect/course is perfectly prepared. Periodically have trouble seating people at the "reserved" time.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2009The food was delicious and the waitress was very pleasant. A frequent diner recommended the veal parm and I have to admit it was worth changing my original order. I would highly recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Food was good and plentiful,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2009Food was good and plentiful, nothing spectacular. Second floor seating a little sparse as far as decorum. Recommend reserve first floor seating. Reservations made early but still was seated on second floor. Guess you have to request first. Great Bar. Service excellent.Special Features:
- The food and service was excellent.CricketDined on 8/4/2009The food and service was excellent. This was my 3rd time at Rovezzi's and the only thing that could be improved is the seating. I find the wooden chairs very uncomfortable. As far as the food it was great!Special Features:
- We had a warm welcome andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2009We had a warm welcome and she commented on our using OpenTable. And since I'd put a note in about it being our anniversary, they had a comp split of champagne and a nice rose on the table. We had a great time and will DEFINITELY return.Special Features:
- Everything is great aboutScottStamfordVIPDined on 7/3/2009Everything is great about this place. I was there on A Friday night and there was a pianist in the lounge area who was great and added to the ambience. It was nice because you could hear the music from wherever you were seated. The service was great and the wine list and menu offered a nice selection. The dinner and dessert was great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone and I am planning on going back sometime soon.Special Features:
- Eat here as often as we canOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2009Eat here as often as we can get there. Always wonderful.Special Features:
- Do NOT miss the amazing lemon-basilOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2009Do NOT miss the amazing lemon-basil martini: sublime. The food was fabulous as always.
- Our visit did not start wellOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2009Our visit did not start well as we had to park quite a distance from the restaurant. However, everything was uphill from there. It has the feel of a "local" place where evreyone was warm and welcoming. The atmosphere was casual, but the service was attentive and prompt. The menu offered a good variety and the four dishes we ordered were very good. This is a place I would like to return to.
- very nice service people andchuckmac07VIPDined on 6/9/2009very nice service people and decent food made this experience a good one. far from a great one, but given the locale and the other choices in the area, it's a solid pick. very traditional 'red sauce italian' food. my date had fish and potatoes and both were unfortunately smothered in butter, which ruined otherwise quality food. i stuck with more traditional italian (caesar, pasta and chicken parm), and all were good: too much dressing and too much tomato sauce, but both had a good flavor (just too much). altogether, a solid choice for traditional southern italian food, but not a 'must go' destination.
- It was great. found it onOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2009It was great. found it on a whim on opentables - and opted to 'go for it.' Prices were beyond reasonable/ food was great! wine list was good. all in all - a great meal. well done! and would do again! worth the drive from Worcester!!Special Features:
- You will always enjoy yourJudymarlboroughVIPDined on 5/23/2009You will always enjoy your meal here. YOu will be treated like family and will have an excellent meal at a reasonable price. Very consistent and high quality; made from scratch food.Special Features:
- music is too loud food isJudymarlboroughVIPDined on 5/13/2009music is too loud food is great we love it but be prepared for the musicSpecial Features:
- I love the atmosphere at Rovezzi'sVeronicaVIPDined on 4/4/2009I love the atmosphere at Rovezzi's - the food was ok. Our server was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent food as always!HarvestVIPDined on 3/20/2009Excellent food as always! Wonderful waiter; good service.Special Features:
- Food terrific, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/31/2009Food terrific, atmosphere nice, service excellent, and management very accommodating. Will definitely be back ... thank you.Special Features:
- We went to Rovezzi's for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2009We went to Rovezzi's for lunch after shopping at Loren's for Mother of the Bride and Groom dresses. Our server, David could not have been more accomodating. We all ordered the eggplant rolatini that he made specifically to suit our taste buds. It was THE BEST eggplant rolatini the three of us have ever had. The foccacia bread is out the this world delicious! The service was impecable. The atmosphere delightful. We spent a leisurely few hours at the restaurant without being rushed or hurried. We all decided that we will return again and again for lunch whenever we are in the area. And of course, we are anxious to try their dinner menu. This is a fabulous gem of a restaurant that everyone should experience!Special Features:
- First date, restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/6/2009First date, restaurant was cozy and romantic. The food was fabulous, and the service was very good. Can't wait to go back!Special Features: