Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino
4500 West Tropicana Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89103Neighborhood:
The Orleans Hotel & Casino
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.orleanscasino.com/dining/canal-street
- Phone: 7023657550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Richard Wells
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino
An elegant, relaxing ambiance where you can reserve your fireside booth. Our chef has chosen the freshest of seafood and carefully aged meats to lovingly prepare memorable dinners for the most discriminating palate. Unique entrees and steaks or chops all await you nightly. Voted "Best Hotel Steak House In Las Vegas" in the Las Vegas Review-Journal Dining Editors' Poll.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in The Orleans Hotel & Casino ›
Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (48)romantic (43)notable wine list (18)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (13)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- GreatmarlolaDined on 5/24/2014Couldn't have been better, would go again without thinking twiceSpecial Features:
- The following 186 reviews are from the Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino reviews archive.
- Delightfully SurprisingCruidinDined on 5/15/2014To find this restaurant in such a noisy casino was such a welcome surprise. The atmosphere is quiet and elegant and the staff is attentive. My mushroom risotto was slightly overcooked and judging from the presentation, I think that's the way they do it. Other than that, all our other selections were very nice. Large portions of side dishes and sharing is encouraged!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best bang for your buckHappy2goDined on 5/14/2014We continue to enjoy our neighborhood favorite, Canal St. Mother's Day success, a Special menu and their regular menu. John and Julie, the hosts were perfectly charming and assisted in explaining the special menu created by the chef. We feel so at home there with Carlos and Lorenzo attending to all our needs. While everyone is raising their prices, they continue to give the best value and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The host John was rude, obnoxious and has a God complex. If he acts this way again I will never go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice restauranttravis565Dined on 5/10/2014The wait staff was amazing as well as the food. We will definitely return to have dinner again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- starrDined on 5/10/2014"fantastic ' thank you canal street.. For a lovely evening!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Very good food. The service was a bit slow this time compared to the last visits. We really enjoyed this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hoboVIPDined on 4/23/2014Food was fantastic and service by Lorenzo and Carlos was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back.ellsworthDined on 4/23/2014A very delightful experience. The host/hostess, waiter and attendant staff were all well poised, and professional. Exceptional service. The food was wonderful. I can't imagine any better, elsewhere. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The atmosphere is perfect for the romantic dining experience, or just stopping by for great food with friends. The food is spectacular. The rib eye steak is a must. The scalloped potatoes are a great side dish easily shared for two diners. The wine list is fantastic and the wine we chose was affordable. I recommend this restaurant for any one that wants to dine in a great atmosphere, enjoy great food, and experience excellent staff and service.Special Features:
- lucylovesredDined on 4/16/2014Have lived in Las Vegas for 40 plus years and this was my first visit...would definitely go back...the host, John was so friendly as were the rest of the staff...I could cut my steak with a fork!!! seriously!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendsMarkVIPDined on 4/11/2014I actually made this reservation for some friends. They informed me that their dinner was superb ans John truly took care of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Once Great RestaurantEricVIPDined on 4/6/2014This used to be a good restaurant and I've had many nice meals here. But, my last few visits (including this one booked through OpenTable) have seen a steady decline in both quality and service. On this visit, I entered at 9 PM and there was only one other table occupied - that should have been my first warning. Then, I was seated at a table and paperwork was left for the waiter. But, the paperwork had some other patron's name on it. Then, after about 10 minutes, I had to request that the host go find me a waiter. Ages later, once my meal arrived, it was not prepared according to the description within the menu. When I asked about this, the waiter argued with me instead of merely apologizing and asking how he can make things good. So sad.
- The best available for special nighHappy2goDined on 4/6/2014We dine here several times a year with friends or on our own. The service is tailored to each guest perfectly with attention beginning at the entrance and continues to the end of the meal. No request is considered to difficult with the Chef coming to our table to assist our special needs, diabetic and vegan. Free bottled water is poured and the salad is the best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We were there on my mothers 75th birthday and they went out of their way to make her feel specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sister Business TripTMEDreamsDined on 4/5/2014We went to Canal Street because we were attending a show at the Orleans Casino and wanted to already be there in case dinner ran late. The restaurant looked beautiful, a little dark, but it was part of the ambience. We were greeted by name upon arrival (based on our reservation). The servers were VERY attentive, the meals looked and were VERY delicious. We had a great time, it was a great location, and we would definitely go again!Special Features:
- We have frequented this establishmeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014We have frequented this establishment every time we go to Vegas. We chose this place to celebrate our 19th anniversary. Sadly, this last experience was awful. The service was terrible. Our waitress had the charm of a server at a fast food restaurant with zero etiquette on fine dining (utensil placement etc) and the lady who served us our water blessed me with a sprinkle every time she refilled my water glass. For the amount of money spent, the service was not acceptable. It was like we were inconveniencing them. Really bad vibe. Such a shame because it's a nice place. They really need to train their wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manners please..Wyoming13Dined on 3/27/2014The server poured water from the jug as if she was throwing It out into the glass. It was very sloppy and seemed a bit Of a I don't care attitude. The good was good, but It seemed to take a long time to get.Special Features:
- Service disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2014We had eaten at Canal Street about 4 years ago and had impeccable service and wonderful food. Our visit this week was lacking in service, but the food was still great. Not sure if they were short on staff the night we dined or what the problem was, but poor service can certainly detract from what should have been a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- We have been to the CanalGwailDined on 3/23/2014We have been to the Canal St. Restaurant twice while in the Vegas area. Enjoyed both meals. Service was excellent and we will definetly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at its bestBonsaiNanVIPDined on 3/22/2014Scallops with Pesto Noodles, Classic Lamb Chops, House Salads (with dressing on the side), and Chocolate Cake for two (more like a Chocolate Souffle) for desert -- it doesn't get any better. Oh wait, add to that a fabulous atmosphere and wait staff, a fully stocked bar (I had a vodka martini done just right), and a wine list that is outstanding and reasonably priced. Oh wait, add to that reasonable pricing on the food items. What's not to love?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak and Seafood in Las VegasBonsaiNanVIPDined on 3/21/2014My husband and I go to Las Vegas once a year and this restaurant has ended up as our absolute favorite. This is the best value for Fine Dining. The wine list is fabulous and the prices extremely reasonable. Service friendly and impeccable. And the food...if it is not perfect, the restaurant will make it so. Two cautions: Portions are large (great for locals who can take some home) and they are heavy handed with the salad dressing (just order it on the side). I ordered the mussel appetizer -- some of the best I have ever had -- and it turned into dinner along with the Spinach Salad. My husband ordered the Filet Mignon and asked for Peppercorn Sauce -- the best once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- starrDined on 3/8/2014" just lovely great expectations highly recommended going back may 10 for dinner &concert we love it here food is so good"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always stop thereVegasvisitor3Dined on 3/5/2014Whenever we are in town, we make it a point to eat at Canal Street. Food is always good, although our dinners did not come out hot this time. Service was good, but a little slow. We will be back next month and everything will be back to their normal standards. Very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- No better dining in Vegas-A Must DobduetDined on 3/1/2014We chose this restaurant based on "Trip Advisor" recommendations and they nailed it! We celebrated my husbands 50th bday in Vegas, looking for a special place to dine and after reading reviews I chose Canal Street Grille, and we will make it a stop every time we go to Vegas! From the moment you enter the door and are greeted by John, your experience begins. The service is top notch, the food is mouth watering and simply put - OUTSTANDING! The pace in which your meal is served is perfect, there is no better house salad than Canal Street's, and the sides - please, those ROCK! And to top it off, they brought my husband a decedent chocolate cake that was amazing and a birthday card signed by John and his staff! Get off the Strip and go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faboulos DinnerMarkVIPDined on 2/26/2014I needed a place to take some business associates that would be quiet enough to be able to hold a conversation without yelling. This can be pretty hard to do in Las Vegas. Canal Street was absolutley perfect. John Messana runs the house and is an excellent host. We started with the Calamari and Escargot. The calamari was absolutely perfect. We all ordered steaks which were served to perfection. The sides were Ala Carte. We ordered the Au Gratin Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus. The sides were enough for four to share. Tito, our waiter was great. We were not rushed, and given the time to conduct some business and good conversation. As one who tries to stay out of Hotel/Casino restaurants, this was definetly the exception.Special Features:
- Quiet dining gemSwedeDined on 2/23/2014Excellent prime rib and side dishes (scallop bleu cheese dish is special)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service as well as ourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014The service as well as our meal was exceptional. We enjoyed everything about the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!1234Dined on 2/15/2014Went to a concert at the Orleans Hotel and Casino and tried the Canal Street for dinner. Very friendly reception and seated on time. Great atmosphere, the wait staff was suburb and the food was excellent. Would recommend to others and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedgoodfoodafficianadoDined on 2/14/2014I have eaten at Canal Street before and had a wonderful meal. This night was Valentines and I expected more ( at least as good as my former visit.) I will probably eat there again, but for the money and the occasion I felt they could do better.Special Features:
- Romantic for two on Valentines DayMeandColeDined on 2/14/2014This was our first time dining in your restaurant. Our filet mignon was cooked to perfection. The seared scallops were the best I've had anywhere. The wine list was more than adequate. The cheese that accompanied the bread was delicious as well. The quiet, low lit ambiance aided in making it feel like a special occasion. Being handed a heart shaped full sized box of Valentine candy on the way out was a pleasant surprise as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was exceptional.JoemVIPDined on 2/13/2014The food was exceptional. The Prime Rib was prepared perfectly for me. The service staff was attentive in spite of being busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014We dined here for my husband's birthday. He absolutely loved it. The service was impeccable and the food was perfect. The only criticism I have is their wine list was not impressive. There were some solid choices but nothing exciting. I had the stuffed veal chop which was rich and delectable. My hubby had the fillet which he loved as well. Both meats were cooked to perfection. Oh, we had started with the crab cakes with corn relish... These were so good we keep trying to replicate them at home! I definitely recommend eating at Canal St. Everything was great.Special Features:
- Such a nice great menuSmittyfaceDined on 2/6/2014We have eaten here several times. Not inexpensive, but any means, but it's great for a special occasion. We were slightly disappointed because in the past we ordered crab legs as we did this time. Every other time we were served the biggest, meatiest crab we had ever had, they were the "filet" of crab legs. they were not split traditionally, but just in a circle around the leg. you only had to slightly twist and pull them to reveal a huge piece of meat. NOT anymore. they are just the garden variety split legs. very tasty. but not the same. Not worth the $70 market price either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, very friendlynickkdbDined on 1/31/2014great food, very friendly and helpful staff. A first class restaurant. All things considered, the overall dining experience at the Orleans is equal or better than any of major casino dining rooms on the Las Vegas Strip!Special Features:
- This is a somewhat hiddenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2014This is a somewhat hidden gem, and our favorite Las Vegas restaurant. Great menu, good wines and they treat their guests superbly. Well worth the trek from wherever you are staying.Special Features:
- Winner in VegasRLMJLVIPDined on 1/24/2014We had a great dining experience. Very nice dining environment, reasonably priced, well prepared food and not on the Strip. The staff were very efficient and not intrusive. Mea was well paced. The veal osso bucco was fork tender and excellent. The Steak Diane was well prepared and not overly powered by the sauce. Overall, we really enjoyed our meal at Canal Street in the Orleans Hotel & Casino. We would highly recommend anyone in the area to go. Next time we are in the area, we will return.Special Features:
- Fantastic experiecekarinDined on 1/22/2014From the moment we walked in, we were impressed, we were greeted with genuine smiles, The service and teamwork were exceptional. There was not a single staff member that walked by our table without addressing our needs or concerns. The food and presentation were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceCarbullidoDined on 1/16/2014From the moment I arrived the friendly host sat us at our table withen 1 min. I only waited for about 2mins before my waitress came and took my order. Drinks were on the table immediately and the food was impeccable. I was celebrating my wedding anniversary and I visit the Orleans once a week and never visited Canal. My only complaint would be my seating. I was seated next to the kitchen doors and a large table of 10. I would have preferred something more intimate. I did call earlier that day and advised them of my aniversary and put notes in the reservations and it still did not matter. But with that said, the food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!foodcritic1Dined on 1/11/2014This is the fifth time we I dined in this restaurant and as always, the food and service is outstanding. I highly recommend anyone in the Vegas area to try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.